Starcraft 2

I really does feel like Terran's have a significantly better pool of options when it comes down to gameplay...

Reavers
Helions
Tanks
Thor
Nuke

However, as long as I can warp units into/ close to their base with Proxy Pylons... all is fine with the world.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really does feel like Terran's have a significantly better pool of options when it comes down to gameplay...

Reavers
Helions
Tanks
Thor
Nuke

However, as long as I can warp units into/ close to their base with Proxy Pylons... all is fine with the world.
Thors are particularly awesome as assault/support troopers. Played against a noob, and did a random Marauder+Marine Drop with Thors. Completely leveled his main and his expansion. Got his second expansion after that. Thors were key to the assault.

I don't know about you guys but the requirement (Infestor Pit) for zerg to hit tier three is a bunch of bull honky. The Infestor hardly see's little to no gameplay and is relatively worthless. In the case of any other race, everything is pretty much stream line.

I don't know about you guys but the requirement (Infestor Pit) for zerg to hit tier three is a bunch of bull honky. The Infestor hardly see's little to no gameplay and is relatively worthless. In the case of any other race, everything is pretty much stream line.
It was kinda the same deal with the queen's lair in SC1..I've seen some brilliant use of infestors though.

The queen in sc1 was able to straight-up destroy an expensive unit (spawn broodling), scout , levitated, was fast, and also able to snare... the infestor is just an impractical unit. It's new ability doesn't make up for how bad it is.

The queen in sc1 was able to straight-up destroy an expensive unit (spawn broodling), scout , levitated, was fast, and also able to snare... the infestor is just an impractical unit. It's new ability doesn't make up for how bad it is.
Okay, I completely disagree. Queens were seldom used in Brood War while Infesters actually fill their role as the only real Zerg spellcaster.

In Brood War, almost all Zerg progamers forgo queens due to its gas cost in favor for more Mutalisks and Lurkers in midgame. Stacked Mutalisks already contains the Terran player until Terrans reach Science Vessels, by then the Zerg would have obtained their third and be teching to hive. Against bio balls, the most standard Terran composition against Zerg, only ensnare would have any noticeable effects to allow easier flanking, but flanking is already reasonably possible with Lurkers and Zerglings. Broodlings should only ever be casted on Siege Tanks, but even they are not that particularly expensive. Queens are even more rarely used in ZvZ and ZvP. 99% of ZvZ's only ever involve Zerglings, Scourges, and Mutalisks, while I have only seen a handful of games where Queens casted broodling on High Templar in Korean Progaming.

Now in Starcraft 2, using fungal growth is devastating to Terran bio balls, a tactic that has slightly contributed towards Terran's recent transition to more mech play. In fact, you can find that many top players use fungal growth when their Terran opponent masses bio and Medivacs. Basically, using an area of effect spell that actually inflicts damage can never be a bad thing, especially with how Starcraft 2 units tend to clump into one ball. On the other hand, neural parasite is viable when facing Terran mech. It forces Terran players to be careful about their Thor numbers and misplaced Sieged tanks. As an added bonus, both abilities hinder Terran Medivac drops once you have those Infestors out.

I main Terran, so I can't attest much to how Infestors do against Protoss, but I have seen some top zergs attempt to neural parasite Colossi. It's a pretty big deal if this does happen.

I do agree that Frenzy is pretty pointless, but its other two abilities have their uses. Also, TvZ is arguably imbalanced in favor of Terran, so that might be a reason why Zergs seemingly have not been using Infestors that well.

Just my thoughts.

I am losing my mind waiting. I have zero dollars, as with anyone in my profession, but all I need is about $90 in RAM and then I can roll this bitch out onto my PC. I'm going to use this as my abstinence program of choice.

Well since I just bought a new laptop a month ago, I'm good in the hardware dept. Unfortunately I still gotta pay off $300 more of it before I get any sort of spending money. Luckily, my birthday is August 31, so hopefully I'll get it for free. Just gotta wait a month >_<

Anyways, I'm not a HUGE SC fan like the rest of you guys, but SC2 looks amazing, and I greatly enjoyed the first game.

since seeing that trailer I'm really excited about the single player campaign

although man I hate how they increased the system reqs a bit further since the beta so I'll have to buy a new comp to be able to play :/

anyway, I've been following so many SC2 beta tournaments, and I must say game 2 between Tester from oGs and TheLittleOne from TeamLiquid's clan in Day9's King Of The Beta tournament is definitely one of the best SC2 games played so far

edit: haha even Blizzard themselves have apparently seen that game and they liked it so much that they've posted about it on their official Facebook and Twitter

edit2: this just in: ESL is going to hold an SC2 tournament with the largest prize pool to date ($15,000) in mid-August with coverage of the entire event on EuroSport on TV

edit3: Tester vs IntoTheRainbow (aka RainBOw from SC1, who now plays Terran in SC2, and actually a clanmate of Tester) in the semi-finals of KOTB was probably the sickest series of games yet

the finals were great too, although those had too much
"wait until you macro up a 200/200 food army, make one huge push, then someone is forced to say gg" syndrome, unlike all the back and forth actions in the semis between the two Koreans

Well it's out now, I guess everyone is too busy playing it to post in this thread. :U

How do ya'll like the the story mode so far? Come across any horrible glitches/computer compatibility issues yet? Did you buy it from a store or digitally?

Some of you may hate the story mode but it's much better than what I thought it would be. I've lost plenty of sleep just playing those missions. Good stuff.

So far I'm just disappointed at how bloated the game is, my laptop is capable of running WCIII with no problems and is above the minimum reqs but the game is pretty much unplayable since the frame rate drops to less than one per second during moderate size fights even with the lowest settings and no other programs open, and I've run into some other serious graphical glitches too. It'll probably run on my desktop, but I haven't installed it there yet.

if you guys will discuss anything from the campaign then please use spoilers since a few of us won't have the hardware to play SC2 anytime soon but don't want to get spoiled

also the HDH #2 tournament is potentially going to be fucking incredible, with 60 of the most dominant players from the beta being invited to it

So far I'm just disappointed at how bloated the game is, my laptop is capable of running WCIII with no problems and is above the minimum reqs but the game is pretty much unplayable since the frame rate drops to less than one per second during moderate size fights even with the lowest settings and no other programs open, and I've run into some other serious graphical glitches too. It'll probably run on my desktop, but I haven't installed it there yet.
Frozen Throne came out 7 years ago, silly Fishin.

Can one of you guys give me an opinion on whether or not my computer will be able to play the game. I think it should, but I'm not sure if I'm reading my GPU's specs right. It says the following:

Memory Size-1918 MB
Memory Type-HyperMemory

Core Clock-500 MHz
Memory Clock-400 MHz

I know it SAYS that's what my memory is, but the GPU is a laptop version of a Radeon 3000 series card. 3200 to be exact, so idk if there's something it's not telling me.

That and my processor's speed is under the recommended specs. It's an AMD Turion X2 Dual Core-2.1 ghz. I do have 4 GB of RAM though.

So should I even bother buying the game guys?

Lawdy, some of these missions really grind my nerves the wrong way.

Especially that one, I think you all know which one..if you made it that far. Fun, but jesus my nerves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)