Stallzorz [Gen 5 OU]

HiHi! So this is my third RMT, first one went rather well, second, not so much. I'm hoping my third is a lot better! I'm not really the best at building stall teams, so i am probably going to need a lot of work with this! Lets look at the team:

AT A GLANCE:

In Depth:

Chansey (F) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Protect
- Wish

Okay, Chansey pretty much T-Waves everybody, and is one of my special walls. She also gives wish support to everyone, which really helps my team out against hyper offenses and threats.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Perish Song
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain

Celebi is another Special Wall, and helps force threats switch out with Perish Song. She also is my cleric, which helps against pokes who use a lot of Thunder Waves, or if they have Toxic Spikes, and my Forretress did not Rapid Spin.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Forretress really sets up all of my hazards, and rapid spins my opponent's hazards. I also use him as my physical wall to force physical threats to switch out when needed, or to sponge hits from pokes who heard the Perish Song.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Sharpedo is my "Back Up plan" in case my stall does not work, and i need to sweep. I decided to use Sharpedo instead of Blazekin [or however you spell it] with the speed boost trait because Sharpedo is less common, and many people will not know that Sharpedo also has the speed boost ability. He has Crunch and Waterfall Stabs, and Earthquake for extra coverage. I also gave him protect to get a +1 Speed

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Fling
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Acrobat

Gliscor is mainly a mixed wall, mainly a defensive wall, who poisons pokes with flinging his toxic orb, and using STAB acrobat and Earthquake to deal some damage, while still getting poison heal, and using protect when he really needs some recovery.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Dragonite is really beast this meta game because of Multi-Scale. I mainly use Dragonite as a phaser, due to Multi Scale + Dragon Tail. I also use Substitute and Roost as healing + Defensive options if i'm trying to hax someone due to Blissey's Thunder Wave.

That is my stall team. I think its decent. I'm thinking about switching Chansey to Dusclops, for a spin blocker, but i'm not sure. Please post constructive critisism.

Edit: Updated team:

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

Erufuun (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Stun Spore

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Payback
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Burungeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Boil Over
- Evil Eye
- Recover
- Acid Armor

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Fling
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Acrobat

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Protect
- Wish

Okay, Chansey pretty much T-Waves everybody, and is one of my special walls. She also gives wish support to everyone, which really helps my team out against hyper offenses and threats.

Looks very good. You may want to consider Toxic over T-Wave to help you stall, and to keep sweepers from staying in long enough to do anything. Seismic Toss would also do way better than Wish to keep you from being forced to Switch or struggle (which should never be done) by Taunt users.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- U-turn
- Perish Song
- Heal Bell
- Giga Drain

Celebi is another Special Wall, and helps force threats switch out with Perish Song. She also is my cleric, which helps against pokes who use a lot of Thunder Waves, or if they have Toxic Spikes, and my Forretress did not Rapid Spin.
I'm not sure Celebi has the typing to handle being a Special Wall, especially in 5th Gen, and due to the fact that the strongest Special Attacks are Ice, Bug, Fire, and Ghost based. To be honest, your team would gain ALOT of balance if Chansey were made a Special Wall, and Gliscor remained a pure Physical wall. If you want to switch threats out, may I suggest a Mischievous Heart Murkrow with an Evo-Stone? This guy has alot of mixed bulk, while having priority Thunderwaves and Roosts (which allows you to give Chansey Toxic instead of T-Wave). I would suggest...

Murkrow @ Evolution Stone
252 HP / 140 Def / 112 SpD-Bold
~Roost
~Thunder Wave
~Perish Song

~Taunt/Substitute

A very potent "bulky annoyance" if you will. Roost allows you to live long and prosper. T-Wave allows you to cripple sweepers, while Perish Song forces people to switch. Taunt can prevent Taunters from crippling you and to slow down Set-Up sweepers and the attempts of Walls to heal, while Substitute allows you to hide from status, Taunt, and excess damage. If you'd rather not use this, you could try to use a nice Spinblocker (ie Shanderaa in conjunction with Forretress, or Specially defensive Burungeru) to keep your hazards up.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Forretress really sets up all of my hazards, and rapid spins my opponent's hazards. I also use him as my physical wall to force physical threats to switch out when needed, or to sponge hits from pokes who heard the Perish Song.

A well built and senseable Forretress. The only thing I could say is that, you may wish to replace Spikes or Stealth Rock with Payback to prevent you from becoming Taunt bait and (if those SAtk are supposed to be SpD), you could toss those last 4 EVs in Atk just for that extra power for Payback.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Sharpedo is my "Back Up plan" in case my stall does not work, and i need to sweep. I decided to use Sharpedo instead of Blazekin [or however you spell it] with the speed boost trait because Sharpedo is less common, and many people will not know that Sharpedo also has the speed boost ability. He has Crunch and Waterfall Stabs, and Earthquake for extra coverage. I also gave him protect to get a +1 Speed

Ahhh, SB-Sharpedo. I've found it to work quite well, actually. Nothing to say here I suppose.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait (Just for future reference, this is Ability, not trait): Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Fling
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Acrobat

Gliscor is mainly a mixed wall, mainly a defensive wall, who poisons pokes with flinging his toxic orb, and using STAB acrobat and Earthquake to deal some damage, while still getting poison heal, and using protect when he really needs some recovery.

While I do see the intentions of this Gliscor's intentions, I think that making it 252/252/4 would be better than 252/4/252 when used with Chansey. Other than that, pretty good.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
- Roost
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Dragonite is really beast this meta game because of Multi-Scale. I mainly use Dragonite as a phaser, due to Multi Scale + Dragon Tail. I also use Substitute and Roost as healing + Defensive options if i'm trying to hax someone due to Blissey's Thunder Wave.
This seems pretty good. If you want to use something similar Garchomp and Gyarados can pull it off very well if Dragonite doesn't work out for you.

That is my stall team. I think its decent. I'm thinking about switching Chansey to Dusclops, for a spin blocker, but i'm not sure. Please post constructive critisism.
Good Luck, and welcome to Smogon! :D

Thanks for the really good response ToastTyrant!

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of softboiled for healbell on chansey, and staying with taunt instead of sub on Murkrow. The reason it says trait is because i copied the text from PO.

Nah, I think SoftBoiled should stay, as a more reliable way for you to Recover. Honestly, I've found regular old Blissey to be superior to Evo Stone Chansey for pretty much everything. For me, Murkrow is like the only Pokemon that is clearly better than it's evolution when holding Evo Stone. Evo Stone Dusclops and Dusknoir are about equally good, but then, Jellicent outclasses both of them. Also, I think you should replace Sharpedo with something to help you block Rapid Spin. A Spinblock wouls really help out your team, and it kind of feels like you're trying to do too much at once the way it is.
Also, Question:what do you lead with?
EDIT:forgot about Pory2, that thing is a friggin monster.

Also, Question:what do you lead with?
Actually, I just thought of that myself. I would assume...Dragonite or Forretress? Those seem like they would do well to start off with. You would, however, benefit from a Spinblocker. If you're going to stick with Chansey and Celebi as your more defensive cores, may I suggest replacing Gliscor with...

Burungeru/Jellicent @ Lefotvers/Lum Berry
Calm-252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
~Scald (Boil Over)
~Hex (Evil Eye)
~Recover
~Toxic/Acid Armor/Taunt/Ice Beam

A VERY good special wall and Spinblocker when paired with Forretress and Chansey/Blissey. Scald allows you to deal a nice amount of damage while obtaining some oh-so valuable burns. Hex is a wonderful new move introduced this gen(Jp. name is Evil Eye. So much better). Anyways, it's a 50 BP move that doubles in power if the opponent is Statused. Seeing how you run alot of status inducing moves on your team, and Burungeru does as well, Hex is usually at it's full potential of 100 BP. With STAB, however, it gains a wonderful BP of 150. A great move to hit opposing Ghosts/Spiblockers, Poison Heal Gliscor, Guts Roobushin, etc. Recover is the most important move in that it allows you to keep on truckin'. The last move is entirely preference. Toxic is always a good move on stall teams and allows you to break walls, and the ocasional set up sweeper. Acid Armor can be used if you want to keep him in longer to take some hits on the physical side of the spectrum. Taunt, like Toxic, cripples walls and set up sweepers, while preventing Taunters from taunting you, making you unable to Recover. Ice Beam is always a good move, and it allows you to gain more type coverage, as well as harder hits on Landlos, Gliscor, Breloom, Whimsicott, and Ferrothorn.

Actually, I just thought of that myself. I would assume...Dragonite or Forretress? Those seem like they would do well to start off with. You would, however, benefit from a Spinblocker. If you're going to stick with Chansey and Celebi as your more defensive cores, may I suggest replacing Gliscor with...

Burungeru/Jellicent @ Lefotvers/Lum Berry
Calm-252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
~Scald (Boil Over)
~Hex (Evil Eye)
~Recover
~Toxic/Acid Armor/Taunt/Ice Beam

A VERY good special wall and Spinblocker when paired with Forretress and Chansey/Blissey. Scald allows you to deal a nice amount of damage while obtaining some oh-so valuable burns. Hex is a wonderful new move introduced this gen(Jp. name is Evil Eye. So much better). Anyways, it's a 50 BP move that doubles in power if the opponent is Statused. Seeing how you run alot of status inducing moves on your team, and Burungeru does as well, Hex is usually at it's full potential of 100 BP. With STAB, however, it gains a wonderful BP of 150. A great move to hit opposing Ghosts/Spiblockers, Poison Heal Gliscor, Guts Roobushin, etc. Recover is the most important move in that it allows you to keep on truckin'. The last move is entirely preference. Toxic is always a good move on stall teams and allows you to break walls, and the ocasional set up sweeper. Acid Armor can be used if you want to keep him in longer to take some hits on the physical side of the spectrum. Taunt, like Toxic, cripples walls and set up sweepers, while preventing Taunters from taunting you, making you unable to Recover. Ice Beam is always a good move, and it allows you to gain more type coverage, as well as harder hits on Landlos, Gliscor, Breloom, Whimsicott, and Ferrothorn.
I was thinking of running similar to this instead of Sharpedo, since he doesn't really help my team out at all, and i am in need of a spin blocker.

Also, sorry for the double post, but this is my team atm.

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish

Murkrow (M) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 112 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Perish Song
- Taunt

- Payback
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Burungeru (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Boil Over
- Evil Eye
- Recover
- Acid Armor

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Fling
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Acrobat

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Cotton Guard
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

I took all of the suggestions made, which seemed to work really well, and i switched out dragonite for Altaria, since it would be more bulky with 309 SpDef, and cotton guard. It can also hit Natt with x 4 Fire Blast, even with its horrible 196 SpA.

Any other suggestions?

Well, a problem is that Burengeru is severely hampered by how easily Starmie can put an end to his days, so I would suggest this LO Jolteon set, possibly in Sharpedo, because like I said before, it just doesn't seem to fit.
Jolteon @Life Orb
Timid
92 HP/252 SAtk/164 Spe
Volt Change/T-Bolt
HP Ice
Shadow Ball
Protect
Powerful, blisteringly fast Special attacker.
Outspeeds every unboosted, unscarfed Starmie with 370 Speed. Feel free to play with the EVs a bit, I arbitrarily made that spread. For the STAB, you either choose more power, or more versatility. HP Ice provides pseudo BoltBeam. Shadow Ball for coverage. Protect um...protects, lol.

EDIT: Argh, Sharpedo's already gone, and now I'm not sure who you could replace with it. Curse my long posting time. On another note, why is Altaria there? Dragonite was much better, imo.

Well, a problem is that Burengeru is severely hampered by how easily Starmie can put an end to his days, so I would suggest this LO Jolteon set, possibly in Sharpedo, because like I said before, it just doesn't seem to fit.
Jolteon @Life Orb
Timid
92 HP/252 SAtk/164 Spe
Volt Change/T-Bolt
HP Ice
Shadow Ball
Protect
Powerful, blisteringly fast Special attacker.
Outspeeds every unboosted, unscarfed Starmie with 370 Speed. Feel free to play with the EVs a bit, I arbitrarily made that spread. For the STAB, you either choose more power, or more versatility. HP Ice provides pseudo BoltBeam. Shadow Ball for coverage. Protect um...protects, lol.

EDIT: Argh, Sharpedo's already gone, and now I'm not sure who you could replace with it. Curse my long posting time. On another note, why is Altaria there? Dragonite was much better, imo.
The team that i am currently using now is in the OG post, although i am using Gyara instead of nite, to lessen the ice weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)