Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the team: :melmetal::tapu-koko::clefable::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::toxapex:
These 2 provide great synergy with volt koko able to chip down steels such as heatran and scizor very easily. Although having no u turn does mean certain grounds can just hard wall koko.

:clefable: cm clef is very good in the meta rn paired with lo thunder, able to chip/kill the only real sub acid armor melmetal check which is pex.

:toxapex: does pex stuff, volc is also a very major threat to this team so make sure to keep it healthy and get a toxic off. Shed shell for tran, make sure to knock with torn first and pivot out.

:landorus-therian: and :tornadus-therian: r pretty self explanatory. The rocker and the defogger, torn also checks kart and rilla which are very big threats to this team. Spdef toxic lando also to better check volc along with pex.

TLDR: use volt koko to chip down steels that would give melm trouble, get toxic off on volc and let melm go to work.
Thnx

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Tapu koko + unburden hawlucha please
Here’s the team: :tapu-koko::hawlucha::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::weavile::scizor:
Very basic HO core featuring :tapu-koko: :hawlucha:. Although lucha’s usage is down rn, it can put in a lot of work after it’s main checks in :toxapex: and :clefable: are gone or weakened.

Nothing on this team really gives toxapex and clef any free turns. This specific :landorus-therian: set gets up rocks but also destroys the corv, skarmory, and zapdos.

:tapu-fini: as the water resist and pex trapper, very self explanatory. Taunt+madness allows it to chip many common fat cores for Lucha to sweep.

:scizor: and :weavile: rounds the team off. As scizor allows you to not just get 6-0ed by a scarf lele and extra pivot. Weavile does weavile things, adamant nature is preferred for that extra bit of damage on corv and etc. Also the sball resist, so pult doesn’t just go ham.

TLDR: chip down on common lucha switchins such as corv, pex, and clef. Weavile also benefits a lot from this, play aggressive!

I don't know if this is just me, but I can't seem to get to the Pokepaste for this team. If I click on the sprites it sends me to about:blank#blocked. I'm not on a school computer or something like that and I'm using the latest version of Chrome.
same for me

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Mass post incoming, lets get some requests done shall we. Descriptions will be kinda short since there is a lot lol.

Can I req a team with moltres in it? Having fun using it recently but im bad at teambuilding.
Thanks!
:Moltres: :Tapu-Lele: :Toxapex: :Weavile: :Landorus-Therian: :Ferrothorn: - Click for team paste

Moltres' offensive sets were difficult to build and harder to justify over the other fire types, so I went the defensive route that could check the most mons in one. Kartana, Weavile, Heatran, Melmetal, Dragonite, and even Volcarona slotted off in one set. Quite the powerful checklist, almost exclusively unique to Moltres. I chose to run defog on a different mon because Moltres in the past has always had the weakness of being super knock prone, and having your defogger being unable to actually come in on rocks can be quite devastating. Anyways, I paired it with Specs Lele because majority of the mons Moltres checks stop Lele from running teams over, so the pairing seemed wise. Between Corviknights being little to no spdef invest lately, and both helmet Pex + flame body Moltres to punish Uturns, I found focus blast to suffice in killing it, and opted for shadow ball > thunderbolt in slot 4 to make the stall matchup go from unwinnable to unlosable. Scarf Lando just helped provide a buffer to the hail matchup (its faster than Arctozolt in hail) and defensive wasn't entirely necessary on this build. Ferro and Weavile helped round out checks for whatever was remaining and give a way to annoy offence.

Bad Matchups: CM Clef, Bulk Up Zera. None of these are autoloss, just challenging.

Band garchomp please
(if band really is so incredibly bad that it can't work, scarf is fine instead)
:Garchomp: :Magnezone: :Dragonite: :Ferrothorn: :Tapu-Lele: :Hydreigon: - Click for team paste

Keeping it straight forward, Band Chomp absolutely required Zone support. Toxic on moveslot 4 for Zone helped keep pressure on defensive Lando as well, to keep another EQ immune down. Helmet Zone + Ferro hard punishes Weavile from spamming its Axels vs the dragon spam, and DD Roost Dragonite kind of settles the rain matchup while also abusing the anti ferrocorv measure in Zone. In case you do end up facing lots of shed shell Corvs, an alternative variant I built had stealth rocks > fire fang on Garchcomp, and fit spikes on Ferrothorn. Basically to force Corv to defog on Ferro and let itself get knocked. Overall though, that shouldn't be super necessary. Specs Lele helps support Garchomp by blocking Ice Shard so Weavile is inclined to click Axel into the aforementioned counterplay, and also cleans the otherwise very difficult stall matchup. Hydreigon is just providing necessary speed control while also sufficing as a shadow ball resist. Pretty simple overall, Dragmag but with a Lele to help break. Btw, turning the Garchomp to SD lefties makes this team almost immediately a better and legit team so feel free to experiment with that once you are tired of Band Garchomp.

Bad Matchups: Opposing Garchomp. You kind of need to perfectly predict Scale Shot into Lele then go Hydrei on the EQ. Good luck. Torn-T can also be a little frustrating. Thats about it.

Hi! I was just wondering about the status of my team that I have requested. No need to rush I just wanted to know if my request was valid. But if my team lacks to much you could always takeout Kommo-o and just have mamoswine in. But anyways thanks again.
Thanks! In that case, could I have a team with Sub Belly Drum+Salac Berry Kommo-o?
To Harizzerr, TDNT already made a Mamoswine team quite recently, but since I was making this Sub BD Kommo team for this other request, I hope it interests you as well since it was part of your original request.

:Kommo-o: :Regieleki: :Landorus-Therian: :Latios: :Melmetal: :Weavile:- Click for team paste

Very basic screens, not really too much to say. Melmetal only really exists to soft pressure certain mons and provide defensive utility in its steel typing. Toxic is just there to snipe Shedinja vs stall so Latios can be a nuisance as early as possible, weakening unaware Clef for Kommo. Helps vs Volcarona, Buzzwole, and Slowbro too. Weavile was also slot on mostly for its ability to check and deter some threats, mainly Dragapult, a very difficult anti-screens measure. I didn't feel like wasting a perfectly good Lando as an explosion lead, especially when SD Smack Down sets are relatively powerful currently. Buzzwole walls a good portion of the team in 1v1's but, its not gonna stay healthy enough to check everything in 1 match, especially when toxic Melmetal is there.

Bad Matchups: Hail probably. ID Corviknight can kind of sweep hence the Tbolt > Explosion on Regieleki. Scizor and Volcarona both can be a bit annoying too. All of these can be beaten by Lando behind screens, so just play your outs well.

requesting a subtoxic aegislash team
Only a whole summer late but hey, this team appreciates kings rock being banned so, might as well be happy about it. Anyways!

:Aegislash: :Landorus-Therian: :Ferrothorn: :Clefable: :Toxapex: :Tornadus-Therian: - Click for team paste

Bit of a semistall we got going here as you can see. SubToxic Aegislash's checks all didn't appreciate spikes and were also all crushed by SubBU Lando builds, so I decided to mash all 3 into one team. ID Press Ferro 1v1's Corviknight, both removing a bulky steel that annoys Aegislash from the equation, and allowing for spike stacking freely. It can also 1v1 Magnezone so a big component of the team can't just be removed easily. Won't go into too much detail about the rest, as they are obviously just filling out the defensive checklist, providing a double regen core, emergency defog, and wish support which our main 3 could really appreciate.

Bad Matchups: Bisharp. Need to keep Ferro healthy, or do Sucker-Toxic mind games w/Torn-T. CM Clef is hard too, you need to keep your own Lando healthy via wish and just 1v1 it. Haze spamming to stall it can help too. If its non flamethrower, you can also make some 1v1 attempt with Ferro possibly?

:ss/kartana:

Kartana @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Filler

I would love to have a bulky offense team built around Timid Kartana, as I haven’t used it and I want to see if it is really A+ with this set.

I would like a team around Volcarona and Kartana. Thanks a lot!
2 in 1 baby. Last team for today!

:Mew: :Volcarona: :Kartana: :Bisharp: :Dragonite: :Landorus-Therian: - Click for team paste

Quick and easy. Lead mew, and then pressure, pressure, pressure. Aerial Ace Kart can body buzzwole and perform a nice late game sweep, also threatens to weaken lots of shared checks with Bisharp. Dragonite patches up offence as per usual, checking certain annoyances like scarf kart, Urshifu's, Heatran's, Volcaronas, and the rain matchup as a whole. SD Lando helps beat down flying types Kart so desperately wants dead, and 4th move protect is something my friend Devin used in OLT recently to help scout scary choiced mons. Lele mainly in this case, so you dont accidentally sack Volcarona to psyshock or Bisharp to moonblast. Really helps out. Smack Down > Stone Edge might be worth, so try both out and see what clicks.

Bad Matchups: Dragapult. Lack of Knock Off on Kart means +2 cant actually kill it from full, you need to make sure those hazards are up. It takes up to 2 spikes and stealth rocks to put it in +2 leaf blade range so, proceed w/caution. Dragonite and Garchomp can also be a little annoying. Play around your dragons safely.

Forgive any typos I may have made, rushing this big post a bit.

:Kommo-o: :Regieleki: :Landorus-Therian: :Latios: :Melmetal: :Weavile:- Click for team paste

Very basic screens, not really too much to say. Melmetal only really exists to soft pressure certain mons and provide defensive utility in its steel typing. Toxic is just there to snipe Shedinja vs stall so Latios can be a nuisance as early as possible, weakening unaware Clef for Kommo. Helps vs Volcarona, Buzzwole, and Slowbro too. Weavile was also slot on mostly for its ability to check and deter some threats, mainly Dragapult, a very difficult anti-screens measure. I didn't feel like wasting a perfectly good Lando as an explosion lead, especially when SD Smack Down sets are relatively powerful currently. Buzzwole walls a good portion of the team in 1v1's but, its not gonna stay healthy enough to check everything in 1 match, especially when toxic Melmetal is there.

Bad Matchups: Hail probably. ID Corviknight can kind of sweep hence the Tbolt > Explosion on Regieleki. Scizor and Volcarona both can be a bit annoying too. All of these can be beaten by Lando behind screens, so just play your outs well.
Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it out, it looks super fun to play!

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Would like a hail team with the classic A-Ninetails/sub-3 attacks Arctozolt
I would like to request for a Specs Regieleki team.
not quite sub-3attacks but, u can replace freeze for sub which I don’t recommend

Here’s the team: :ninetales-alola::arctozolt::heatran::landorus-therian::zapdos::regieleki:

(acey out here putting us to shame)
I have to be honest here, building around this mon was hell. It really can’t do anything even if a ground type is even at 1%. So what better way to pressure grounds than hail not to mention triple electric!

:ninetales-alola: :arctozolt: :regieleki: forming the hail core, self explanatory here.

:heatran: as the steel type, definitely the best rocker for hail also pressures steels excellently. Volc is also a huge problem for this team w/o tran.

:landorus-therian: as the defogger, best glue mon with access to knock. You could also try double toxic with both lando and toxic.

:zapdos: as the last mon, probably the best kart and melmetal check. Originally I had weather ball but switching in to hippo was neigh impossible. Not to mention most people don’t expect toxic so getting it off on any ground type is excellent for the team.

TLDR: kill grounds with the hail core and maybe eleki can put in work!

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Requesting a team around defensive Zapdos please. Only request I guess is that I don't want a Clefable. Thanks in advance!
:Weavile: :Volcanion: :Landorus-Therian: :Ferrothorn: :Zapdos: :Tapu-Lele: - Click for team paste

A basic build for what is going around these days. BO teams are usually frustrated by Kartana, so having Zapdos to check it and also threaten defoggers like torn/corv/lando with its stabs was really handy for the hazard spam play style of the team. Scarf Lele helps with natural speed control and also helps with the currently major hail matchup. Future sight as 4th move helps Weavile break past checks a lot easier. Volcanion just provided a secondary water resist/immunity and fire resist, to help vs rain and Heatran, while still being an incredible offensive presence, especially vs teams that rely on Pex or Fini to check both Weavile and water types. Discharge para into iron head spam from Ferro is how you're usually going to beat CM Clef.

Bad Matchups: Stall. Thats about it. Weavile + FS is good at breaking, but getting a future sight off into a corv/shed switch in and then getting Weavile in on either of those is quite tough. It is doable though.

Surprise second paste zzzz

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
:Weavile: :Volcanion: :Landorus-Therian: :Ferrothorn: :Zapdos: :Tapu-Lele: - Click for team paste

A basic build for what is going around these days. BO teams are usually frustrated by Kartana, so having Zapdos to check it and also threaten defoggers like torn/corv/lando with its stabs was really handy for the hazard spam play style of the team. Scarf Lele helps with natural speed control and also helps with the currently major hail matchup. Future sight as 4th move helps Weavile break past checks a lot easier. Volcanion just provided a secondary water resist/immunity and fire resist, to help vs rain and Heatran, while still being an incredible offensive presence, especially vs teams that rely on Pex or Fini to check both Weavile and water types. Discharge para into iron head spam from Ferro is how you're usually going to beat CM Clef.

Bad Matchups: Stall. Thats about it. Weavile + FS is good at breaking, but getting a future sight off into a corv/shed switch in and then getting Weavile in on either of those is quite tough. It is doable though.

Surprise second paste zzzz
THanks! Looks pretty cool :0

Scarfire

MPL Champion
Hi, so I would like a team that's based around Magnezone :magnezone: and Skarmory :skarmory: please.
Bit of a tough request but I did my best.

:Tapu-Koko: :Magnezone: :Skarmory: :Hippowdon: :Toxapex: :Weavile: - Click for team paste

I decided to keep the synergy up the best I could. Magnezone helps remove Corviknight which is the most difficult defogger for hazard spam teams to deal w/due to pressure, so thanks to Zone, skarm + hippo could keep the hazard war going. Spikes Stacking weakening ferro and glowking immensely help CM Koko, and Koko providing Magnezone with threatening Rising Voltages allows for you to lure in ground types and blast them with your steel stabs. Steel Beam is just there to both confirm kills on grounds at higher HP's and also to help deal with CM Clef, which is a rough matchup otherwise. Having two steels that can't beat Lele was difficult, so I slotted baneful bunker on Pex to scout it since Pex would be the main mon Lele will try to pivot in on to claim kills off of. If they psychic you go Weavile, if not you stay in. Pretty simple. If they reveal to be unchoiced, then I suppose you cry.

Bad Matchups: Sub Kyurem and Arctozolt can be very difficult, but both are not autoloss matchups. Zone and Hippo can both tank a blow and kill Zolt, and Kyurem will require careful Weavile and Koko play. Only other issue is the synergy of KokoZone. No Uturn on Koko means getting Zone in easily during the 4 terrain turns is hard, so you won't always have max power rising voltages. Thats just how that goes I guess. You could experiment with just pivot Koko, if that interests you.

Bit of a tough request but I did my best.

:Tapu-Koko: :Magnezone: :Skarmory: :Hippowdon: :Toxapex: :Weavile: - Click for team paste

I decided to keep the synergy up the best I could. Magnezone helps remove Corviknight which is the most difficult defogger for hazard spam teams to deal w/due to pressure, so thanks to Zone, skarm + hippo could keep the hazard war going. Spikes Stacking weakening ferro and glowking immensely help CM Koko, and Koko providing Magnezone with threatening Rising Voltages allows for you to lure in ground types and blast them with your steel stabs. Steel Beam is just there to both confirm kills on grounds at higher HP's and also to help deal with CM Clef, which is a rough matchup otherwise. Having two steels that can't beat Lele was difficult, so I slotted baneful bunker on Pex to scout it since Pex would be the main mon Lele will try to pivot in on to claim kills off of. If they psychic you go Weavile, if not you stay in. Pretty simple. If they reveal to be unchoiced, then I suppose you cry.

Bad Matchups: Sub Kyurem and Arctozolt can be very difficult, but both are not autoloss matchups. Zone and Hippo can both tank a blow and kill Zolt, and Kyurem will require careful Weavile and Koko play. Only other issue is the synergy of KokoZone. No Uturn on Koko means getting Zone in easily during the 4 terrain turns is hard, so you won't always have max power rising voltages. Thats just how that goes I guess. You could experiment with just pivot Koko, if that interests you.
Thank you so much!

:Garchomp: :Magnezone: :Dragonite: :Ferrothorn: :Tapu-Lele: :Hydreigon: - Click for team paste

Keeping it straight forward, Band Chomp absolutely required Zone support. Toxic on moveslot 4 for Zone helped keep pressure on defensive Lando as well, to keep another EQ immune down. Helmet Zone + Ferro hard punishes Weavile from spamming its Axels vs the dragon spam, and DD Roost Dragonite kind of settles the rain matchup while also abusing the anti ferrocorv measure in Zone. In case you do end up facing lots of shed shell Corvs, an alternative variant I built had stealth rocks > fire fang on Garchcomp, and fit spikes on Ferrothorn. Basically to force Corv to defog on Ferro and let itself get knocked. Overall though, that shouldn't be super necessary. Specs Lele helps support Garchomp by blocking Ice Shard so Weavile is inclined to click Axel into the aforementioned counterplay, and also cleans the otherwise very difficult stall matchup. Hydreigon is just providing necessary speed control while also sufficing as a shadow ball resist. Pretty simple overall, Dragmag but with a Lele to help break. Btw, turning the Garchomp to SD lefties makes this team almost immediately a better and legit team so feel free to experiment with that once you are tired of Band Garchomp.

Bad Matchups: Opposing Garchomp. You kind of need to perfectly predict Scale Shot into Lele then go Hydrei on the EQ. Good luck. Torn-T can also be a little frustrating. Thats about it.
Been busy this week so I didn't get to try the team out until today, but damn this is fun to use.

ty :)

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
could I get a bulky offense built around specs Toxtricity? Ideally with something like specs pult or another strong special breaker but anything's fine, ty in advance
Here’s the team: :toxtricity::urshifu-rapid-strike::landorus-therian::toxapex::corviknight::dragapult:
:toxtricity: is a great stall breaker paired with :urshifu-rapid-strike:. They complement each other perfectly with shifu coming in and threatening many of tox’s common switchins such as glowking, ferro, heatran, grounds and blissey.

In order to help these 2 come in as much as possible I decided to go with a pivot spam core. :landorus-therian: and :corviknight: both are great pivots while providing rocks/defog.

For better speed control I lastly went with which also is a great pivot that lures in many of tox’s checks with u turn.

:toxapex: is the only mon that really kills the momentum but it’s needed here. It helps checks pult, tran, and acts as your water resist. Shed shell is needed to help with the tran match up.

TLDR: keep up momentum with your 5 pivots and break with tox+shifu. Play aggressively and get up rocks ASAP.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Non screens Grimmsnarl for balance or BO, best of luck with that
:grimmsnarl::latias::melmetal::tapu lele::landorus-therian::volcarona:(click sprites for import)
Hi, I made this Bulk Up Grimmsnarl team for you. In addition to the resistance to Dragapult's STABs and useful Psychic immunity from its defensive typing, Grimmsnarl's passable bulk and good coverage make it a scary win condition. Although it mostly struggles vs Landorus-T and Steel-types over time, the pairing with Melmetal, Tapu Lele, and Volcarona helps it overwhelm them. Something else I wanted to experiment with was Healing Wish Latias - giving the breakers more opportunities, reviving the defensive backbone here in Melmetal, and providing needed speed control vs things like Urshifu-R, Arctozolt, and Dragapult was incredibly useful.

The rest of the team is a fairly standard offense - make use of aggressive plays to get Tapu Lele in as many times as possible and hold off offensive threats with Landorus-T + Latias + Melmetal. I chose to make Landorus-T heavily physically defensive here to cement the Garchomp matchup in my favor alongside Latias. Volcarona provides outs to matchups vs Urshifu-R and Kartana with Flame Body, but these matchups can be somewhat unreliable and can require very purposeful pivoting to win, especially without a strong Water resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)