Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Would it be alright to get a team built around AV Melmetal and DD Dragapult? Two of my favorite Pokémon

Amazing work on all the teams so far!
Requesting a team built around AV Melmetal
:melmetal: :dragapult: :moltres-galar: :garchomp: :kartana: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/5eca066104d39e52
:melmetal: personally my least favorite melm set but it does what youd expect of it here, which is eat hits and dish them back while keeping several threats such as Dragapult and Weavile at bay.
:dragapult:+:moltres-galar: the primary offensive core at work here. These mons are fantastic at pressuring their shared counterplay in fairies and steels, ensuring one or the other wins in the majority of games.
:garchomp: part 2 of this team's defensive backbone and the primary scout and check to many threats av melm doesnt really want to handle, such as Urshi, Kart, and offensive fires. also clicks rocks ig
:kartana: primary method of handling sd Garchomp besides just winning first and a solid win condition vs fini Bulky Offenses that tend to stack pult+dark counterplay but skip on Kart. Consistent speed control and a secondary water res as well.
:heatran: prevents clef+steel from being totally on Gmolt and av melm's shoulders by clicking broken fire moves. Also extra Weavile cplay and a way to force chip on fini.
Annoying mus
Cm fini+magnezone is incredibly difficult but thats abt it.
Sorry for the delay :p

Hey, is it possible that I can get a balance team with Sticky Barb Trick Clef + QD Volc? I had the idea for a while now but I suck at building lmao.

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.
Would like to ask for a team arround status spam with hex Dragapult or Gengar. Gengar and Dragapult can be any set. Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
An non-ho team with band landorous please
:landorus-therian::dragapult::magnezone::tapu fini::kartana::weavile:(click sprites for import)
the thing that sucks about bando builds is that u can't fit rocks without using momentum sappers
try to break holes with bando boom/cb darts to lure stuff like torn or zapdos and make way for a timid kart win
the rest is a fairly standard zone offense, bc you need ways to get around corv/skarmory. two fake steels give you reasonable insurance vs the tier's fairies while fini checks weav/urshifu/pult and defogs. weav adds to the physical pressure while resisting ghost

not much more to it than that. having rocks can feel sad sometimes (maybe slot it instead of knock on bando if ur feeling desperate?) but keeping up momentum and playing aggressive can yield quick wins

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Hello. Requesting a team with Lando-T and Rotom-W.
Tnx for your attention!)
:rotom-wash::landorus-therian::kartana::heatran::weavile::tapu-lele:
Here's a bulky offence featuring modest Rotom-W. I think defensive sets tend to be a waste of a slot, and that a lot of teams aren't prepared for strong elec/water coverage. Wisp is to help make progress against stuff like ferrothorn and split for longer games, also functioning as an offensive tool vs bliss/clef. Lando has physdef because kart is generally an issue for washtom teams — for a better team in this regard check out Deej's team with torn. Tran needs heavy slam for clef, so rocks went on lando and we have a somewhat unconventional defog kartana. Helmet helps with the urshifu weakness, and often leaves corv low as they u-turn on knock + helmet. Weavile's there as a ghost resist, and functions as speed control with lele, who helps open things up with future sight.

:rotom-wash::landorus-therian::kartana::heatran::weavile::tapu-lele:
Here's a bulky offence featuring modest Rotom-W. I think defensive sets tend to be a waste of a slot, and that a lot of teams aren't prepared for strong elec/water coverage. Wisp is to help make progress against stuff like ferrothorn and split for longer games, also functioning as an offensive tool vs bliss/clef. Lando has physdef because kart is generally an issue for washtom teams — for a better team in this regard check out Deej's team with torn. Tran needs heavy slam for clef, so rocks went on lando and we have a somewhat unconventional defog kartana. Helmet helps with the urshifu weakness, and often leaves corv low as they u-turn on knock + helmet. Weavile's there as a ghost resist, and functions as speed control with lele, who helps open things up with future sight.
Many tnx, man!!!!)))
Gonna have another request to yo'all later) Take care)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Rain: 136-160 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

That's it. Thank you very much to anyone who will provide this broken team. It's probably already out there somewhere, but at least I've blessed you all with the stupidity of this calc.

Edit: bonus calc because why not.
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn in Rain: 153-180 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

:ninetales-alola::moltres-galar::arctozolt::excadrill::dragapult::tapu lele:(click sprites for import)
decided to try and tackle hyper offense here. veil made wp spam interesting and the ghost resistance in gmolt helped a lot in making an offense that doesn't autolose to pult
basically molt + lele break steels and fairies extremely well for broken ddpult and zolt
there isn't too much more to it than that... i wanted exca here instead of something like chomp because compressing a steel and ground in one slot is a godsend. you'll often keep it alive in mus vs a scarf lele or koko instead of letting it die on lead
Thank you very much. Such a cool team, I'm having a great time playing with it.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Requesting a Tapu Koko + Victini team, preferably a Bulky Offense team.
:victini::tapu koko::volcarona::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::tapu fini:(click sprites for import)
i was gonna rmt this one but it didn't end up panning out
it's built around hdb gambit vic. most people expect glaciate or whatever as the last move and are surprised when you snatch one of their checks. specs koko and safeguard volc are super polarizing win conditions that benefit from killing grounds/heatran or pex respectively, and can often easily rob games if the opposing defense has been removed
even in the event of finding a team with multiple grounds/multiple waters breaking is still an option with koko + vic
the defensive part of the team is also pretty interesting: rocks lando + av torn + fog fini is a pretty tried and true defensive core but you usually see it along steel-types to help ward off lele/other fairies. vic, av torn, and tapu fini work together to act like a steel-type in checking these guys and freeing up room for the powerful offensive half of the team

i built this in kyurem meta but it still should be solid now. don't run into rain

i ended up hovering around top 10 throughout most of the time i tested this. here are some replays where i used it

stour vs BIHI
stour vs Punny
other ladder games where it performed how it's supposed to

Requesting team thats build for galarian zapdos, either a choice band or scarf set bellow as an example

Zapdos-Galar @chocie band/scarf

Jolly
Evs: 4 Hp / 252 attack /252 speed
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-Stomping tantrum
-U-turn

ty guys

:ss/Latios: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire
- Surf

Specific moves can be swapped out, I just want to use this demon

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Hey, is it possible that I can get a balance team with Sticky Barb Trick Clef + QD Volc? I had the idea for a while now but I suck at building lmao.
heya! requesting a team around offensive volcarona. thanx in advance!
Here’s the team::volcarona::ferrothorn::clefable::toxapex::tapu-koko::landorus-therian:
click on sprites for paste
Very basic BO core of toxapex, ferro, and clef allowing you to cover most of the meta game while also providing great hazard support. Of course the star of the show is utilizing sticky barb to cripple common koko/volc switchins ie blissey and heatran. Even without the help of barb, hazard spam should be able to easily overwhelm heatran as well. Twave on ferro is great on catching unsuspecting clefs or opposing trans trying to come in on your spikes. Power whip also helps tremendously with the matchup vs gastrodon which is really bad on paper but definitely outplayable. The double shed is of course to help you long term vs trapping mons such as zone and tran. Lando as the ground and to check zera.
TLDR: play patiently with your hazards and always trick opposing heatran/blissey. After that koko and volc can easily clean up!

Last edited:
Requesting a team built around Scizor and Suicune. I'd prefer something like a balance with sd sand tomb scizor but I dont mind a BO so hf with the build. I'll give the suicune set.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect

Can I request a dragon dance haxorus team since the other hax team is sd+scale shot?
Something like this
Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

I’d like to request if anyone could make to showoff a team with a mixed dragapult. I’d prefer a physically-oriented mixed variant but specially-oriented dragapult would be just as good. Thanks in advance.

Just returning to the game after a long break, I'd like to request a bulky offense Volcarona Dracopult team. I've tried lots of teammate combinations with these two (landorus, weavile, tapus, garchomp) and haven't settled on something that works. The one other thing I know I want is strong speed control (be it sand, paralysis, dedicated scarfer, etc.), toxapex is also cool :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)