Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Darts
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

I wanted to build using Rotom-H with Urshifu as it formed a nice offensive core that both compliment each other in removing things that they can bring in, such as Urshifu removing Chansey , and Rotom-H being able to come in on fairies that can come in on Urshifu. Mandibuzz and Slowbro gave the team a solid defensive backbones that covered notable things such as Marowak-Alola , Dragapult , opposing Urshifu , Volcarona , Excadrill , and Cinderace. Urshifu also appreciated Slowbro on bringing it in with Teleport and heavily enjoyed Future Sight to deal even more damage. Ferrothorn gave my team a better matchup vs rain , as well as helping against Magearna , and completing the teams defensive backbones. Physical Wisp Dragapult completes the team as a another check for Volcarona, giving the team speed control, and forming a nice pivoting core with Slowbro on bringing in teammates and providing momentum for the team.

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Haze

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 128 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
CB Urshifu + Rotom-H, as mentioned above, is a good offensive core that pressures a lot of each other's checks. I added a Mantine from there bc I was determined to use it. It also helps with Volc/Azu/non rock slide Drill, which can all be huge issues otherwise. Clef here is a glue that helps with Urshifu and other stuff like Hawlucha. Spreading Twave is also great for Pult, which I chose as the fifth for a bit of speed control and to help pressure opposing teams with status + hex. Boots pult is something I love right now, as ignoring hazards is just a nice perk to have. The EVs are to outspeed opposing Pult, as everyone loves modest/adamant rn and more speed is useless. Finally, I added Amoonguss as a bulky grass and another pivot against Urshifu. It also pairs really well with pult. I opted for foul play instead of something like Toxic or Stun Spore to help with the Marowak matchup.

Last edited:
Sand Urshifu Balance
1594165700312.png
1594221301555.png
1594562585415.png
1594172871684.png
1594172801612.png
1594172772346.png

This is a standard balance team revolved around the sand core of Hippowdon + Excadrill and of course, Urshifu. Mandibuzz is very splashable nowadays and is used to defeat the likes of Azumarill, Alolan Marowak, and other physical sweepers with Foul Play as well as be the defogger of the team. Rotom-Heat is one of the primary special attackers of this team and is a great pivot that can break down many Pokemon thanks to Nasty Plot + good STABs. It also deals with opposing Rotom-H thanks to Toxic, which is pretty nice. Hippowdon was added here mainly to set up Stealth Rock and as a check to many physical attackers like Hawlucha, Excadrill, Cinderace, etc. Toxapex is a very necesssary water resist for the team and wears down alot of Pokemon, creating a defensive core of Mandibuzz, Hippowdon, and Toxapex to glue the team up. It also likes to scout for attackers with Baneful Bunker. Excadrill was added along here to act as a revenge killer and sweeper from Hippowdon's sand, and gets rid of hazards with Rapid Spin if given the opportunity. It's also very nice speed control. I'll feel the need to mention Urshifu here, but it's insanely broken and has a good typing that allows it to potentially switch into Ghost-types and is dangerous with good team synergy. The team is weak to Azumarill but you can defeat it by using Baneful Bunker Pex + sand chip + protect clefable.

Last edited:
:dragapult: :magearna: :urshifu: :cinderace: :toxapex: :mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

Dragapult @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

This is quite a simple team. I've included a Defensive wall in Mandibuzz with rocky helmet. The reason I put rocky helmet on it was because the chip damage overtime against physical attackers such as opposing Urshifu is very useful and overtime it will help. Hazards were another problem against the team so I decided to use Mandibuzz as it has defog. Toxapex plays the role of a sp def wall and haze helps against set up sweepers and toxic helps against threats that may have heavy duty boots such as volcorona. Urshifu has quite a standard set with the aim to just be trying to wear down the team as much as possible. Cinderace with life orb is a very strong addition and can also just damage opposing teams heavily. The final two slots were for special attackers. I've included specs magearna cause of its power and opponents expect specs magearna less, thus even being able to damage any potential switch ins such as excadrill. Finally I wanted some form of speed control and thus decided on a expert belt dragapult. Expert belt allows dragapult to do decent damage while also having the ability to switch. The overall premise is just to deal heavy damage to wear the opponents team out, while having the ability to sweep in the endgame with most of the mons.

Katy

Banned deucer.
standard hyper offense

:mew:
:rillaboom: :hawlucha: :volcarona: :azumarill:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5fac631867bcf28d

explanation: team is built around choice band urshifu which is a dangerous wallbreaker in the ou-tier. mew is the (suicide) lead of choice here and can set rocks and spikes and pressure the opposition with taunting it so they cant remove the hazards. urshifu is a phenomenal wallbreaker in this tier due to its unseen fist ability and wicked blow which is always a crit, its moves are the 2 strong stabs and also poison jab to cover up fairies like clefable and u-turn for momentum. rillaboom has swords dance + sub to further pressure the opposing team and grassy glide which is a strong stab and priority under its terrain.
high horsepower is not affected by its grassy terrain thus this is the coverage of choice and breaks thru fire-type and steel-type pkmn. hawlucha has the grassy seed to immediately activate its unburden-boost and it has its 2 strong stab choices of acrobatics and close combat and roost as the last slot to guarantee some longevity, same goes for volcarona as a strong special breaker with quiver and roost and its 2 strong dual-stab-options in flamethrower and bug buzz, furthermore i added azumarill to this team as a belly drum-boosted azu is really dangerous with play rough and the priority move in aqua jet, it also carries knock off to damage toxapex and also to remove annoying items.​

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Because we haven't received any new responses for a couple of days, we're starting the voting phase now!

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me or lyd.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by Tysonslayer

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Iron Head

EVs: 172 HP / 120 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Pain Split

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 44 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Darts
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

I wanted to build using Rotom-H with Urshifu as it formed a nice offensive core that both compliment each other in removing things that they can bring in, such as Urshifu removing Chansey , and Rotom-H being able to come in on fairies that can come in on Urshifu. Mandibuzz and Slowbro gave the team a solid defensive backbones that covered notable things such as Marowak-Alola , Dragapult , opposing Urshifu , Volcarona , Excadrill , and Cinderace. Urshifu also appreciated Slowbro on bringing it in with Teleport and heavily enjoyed Future Sight to deal even more damage. Ferrothorn gave my team a better matchup vs rain , as well as helping against Magearna , and completing the teams defensive backbones. Physical Wisp Dragapult completes the team as a another check for Volcarona, giving the team speed control, and forming a nice pivoting core with Slowbro on bringing in teammates and providing momentum for the team.
Team B by sparkwings

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Haze

EVs: 172 HP / 128 SpD / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Nasty Plot
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
CB Urshifu + Rotom-H, as mentioned above, is a good offensive core that pressures a lot of each other's checks. I added a Mantine from there bc I was determined to use it. It also helps with Volc/Azu/non rock slide Drill, which can all be huge issues otherwise. Clef here is a glue that helps with Urshifu and other stuff like Hawlucha. Spreading Twave is also great for Pult, which I chose as the fifth for a bit of speed control and to help pressure opposing teams with status + hex. Boots pult is something I love right now, as ignoring hazards is just a nice perk to have. The EVs are to outspeed opposing Pult, as everyone loves modest/adamant rn and more speed is useless. Finally, I added Amoonguss as a bulky grass and another pivot against Urshifu. It also pairs really well with pult. I opted for foul play instead of something like Toxic or Stun Spore to help with the Marowak matchup.
Team C by RottenInfernape
Sand Urshifu Balance

This is a standard balance team revolved around the sand core of Hippowdon + Excadrill and of course, Urshifu. Mandibuzz is very splashable nowadays and is used to defeat the likes of Azumarill, Alolan Marowak, and other physical sweepers with Foul Play as well as be the defogger of the team. Rotom-Heat is one of the primary special attackers of this team and is a great pivot that can break down many Pokemon thanks to Nasty Plot + good STABs. It also deals with opposing Rotom-H thanks to Toxic, which is pretty nice. Hippowdon was added here mainly to set up Stealth Rock and as a check to many physical attackers like Hawlucha, Excadrill, Cinderace, etc. Toxapex is a very necesssary water resist for the team and wears down alot of Pokemon, creating a defensive core of Mandibuzz, Hippowdon, and Toxapex to glue the team up. It also likes to scout for attackers with Baneful Bunker. Excadrill was added along here to act as a revenge killer and sweeper from Hippowdon's sand, and gets rid of hazards with Rapid Spin if given the opportunity. It's also very nice speed control. I'll feel the need to mention Urshifu here, but it's insanely broken and has a good typing that allows it to potentially switch into Ghost-types and is dangerous with good team synergy. The team is weak to Azumarill but you can defeat it by using Baneful Bunker Pex + sand chip + protect clefable.
Team D by Ta9967
:dragapult: :magearna:
:cinderace: :toxapex: :mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

Dragapult @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

This is quite a simple team. I've included a Defensive wall in Mandibuzz with rocky helmet. The reason I put rocky helmet on it was because the chip damage overtime against physical attackers such as opposing Urshifu is very useful and overtime it will help. Hazards were another problem against the team so I decided to use Mandibuzz as it has defog. Toxapex plays the role of a sp def wall and haze helps against set up sweepers and toxic helps against threats that may have heavy duty boots such as volcorona. Urshifu has quite a standard set with the aim to just be trying to wear down the team as much as possible. Cinderace with life orb is a very strong addition and can also just damage opposing teams heavily. The final two slots were for special attackers. I've included specs magearna cause of its power and opponents expect specs magearna less, thus even being able to damage any potential switch ins such as excadrill. Finally I wanted some form of speed control and thus decided on a expert belt dragapult. Expert belt allows dragapult to do decent damage while also having the ability to switch. The overall premise is just to deal heavy damage to wear the opponents team out, while having the ability to sweep in the endgame with most of the mons.
Team E by Katy
standard hyper offense

:mew:
:rillaboom: :hawlucha: :volcarona: :azumarill:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5fac631867bcf28d

explanation: team is built around choice band urshifu which is a dangerous wallbreaker in the ou-tier. mew is the (suicide) lead of choice here and can set rocks and spikes and pressure the opposition with taunting it so they cant remove the hazards. urshifu is a phenomenal wallbreaker in this tier due to its unseen fist ability and wicked blow which is always a crit, its moves are the 2 strong stabs and also poison jab to cover up fairies like clefable and u-turn for momentum. rillaboom has swords dance + sub to further pressure the opposing team and grassy glide which is a strong stab and priority under its terrain.
high horsepower is not affected by its grassy terrain thus this is the coverage of choice and breaks thru fire-type and steel-type pkmn. hawlucha has the grassy seed to immediately activate its unburden-boost and it has its 2 strong stab choices of acrobatics and close combat and roost as the last slot to guarantee some longevity, same goes for volcarona as a strong special breaker with quiver and roost and its 2 strong dual-stab-options in flamethrower and bug buzz, furthermore i added azumarill to this team as a belly drum-boosted azu is really dangerous with play rough and the priority move in aqua jet, it also carries knock off to damage toxapex and also to remove annoying items.​
The voting will end in a few days.

The voting phase is over! These are the votes:
A>B=C=D=E
D>A>C>E>B
A>D>B>C>E
D>B=E>A=C
D>E>C>A>B
C>A>B>D>E
A>D>C>E>B
If we input this here, the result is Team A by Tysonslayer, congratulations! Your submissions will be added to the archive soon.

Week 11: Volcarona

This time we have Volcarona, one of the scariest sweepers in the tier making great use of the so common Heavy-Duty Boots. You have until next week to send in your submission!​

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 56 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Toxic / Volt Switch

Clefable @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
The given volc spread allows you to 2hko Sp.Def Pex and outspeed Adamant/Modest pult at +1, with the rest in HP and Def to better sponge hits. I then added Heracross, as spikes allow Volc to put in even more work, and it's just a strong offensive presence overall. Mandi is hazard removal and an answer to opposing Volcaronas with Brave Bird. Pex helps with stuff like Cinderace and is just a good blanket physical answer. Zeraora here functions as speed control and a Volt Switch immunity, and toxic is there to better deal with things like Hippowdon, Rotom-H, and force progress against bulkier teams. Volt switch can also be used to grab momentum on bulky grasses like Amoonguss. Finally, Clef rounds out the team as a rocker. I went with Trick scarf as it baits in Pex, which then gets tricked and becomes setup fodder for Volc or Heracross.

1594947297766.png
1594947317597.png
1594947335769.png
1594947353371.png
1594947376337.png
1594947390296.png

EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 64 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Defense

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt
This team is centered around Volcarona, which is able to ease matchups against Steel and Grass types and act as a fearsome sweeper. A Substitute set is used to withstand attacks after a few Quiver Dances, along with a bulky spread. Rillaboom is paired with Volcarona to easily deal with Water types such as Azumarill and Slowbro, and is a decent late-game cleaner with Swords Dance. Grassy Glide is an excellent STAB move that is a 91BP priority move under Grassy Terrain, so it is much needed over other moves. Mandibuzz can check the likes of Alolan Marowak, Dragapult, and punish physical attackers with Foul Play. This also allows it to be a Defogger that can safely pivot in its teammates with U-Turn. Toxapex is a neat bulky Pokemon that can cripple setup sweepers with Haze and Toxic, and forms a good defensive core with Mandibuzz that can take on Urshifu. Kommo-o is a useful Stealth Rocker with a good Defense stat and Iron Defense + Body Press that allows it to frequently check Excadrill especially. Hawlucha benefits from Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain and is great speed control.

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker / Toxic

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Darts
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Iron Defense

The main focus here on this team was Volcarona and spikes as it really nice support with Volcarona , chipping down and weakening it's check that can let Volcarona sweep late game. Ferrothorn was the ideal spike setter for this not only having nice defensive synergy with Volcarona , but as well being a reliable setter that can annoy the opposing side with Knock Off and Leech Seed. Mandibuzz + Toxapex is an amazing defensive core in the current meta handling things such as opposing Volcarona , Urshifu , Dragapult , and Excadrill. Toxapex along with Ferrothorn are the main ways to handle with Magearna and also formed a nice FWG core with Volcarona. Bunker is used to heavily improve the Cinderace matchup. Physical Dragapult provides the team with another Volcarona check as well as some speed control and bringing in teammates in with U-Turn , and Thunder Wave support is really nice on crippling speedier things that attempt to revenge kill Volc. Kommo-o completes the team as the teams rocker and handling with Zeraora and Chansey.

Katy

Banned deucer.
:volcarona: :mandibuzz: :dragapult: :zeraora: :slowbro: :rhyperior:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5a02d8204d260947

explanation: this team is built around quiver dance 2 attacks roost volcarona with the help of specially defensive mandibuzz as its support to defog entry-hazards away and mandibuzz also checks opposing volcarona with brave bird.
dragapult is another pkmn to create momentum via u-turn. it has thunder wae to avoid mind games with cinderace which has sucker punch as thunder wave is an option to cripple it almost guaranteed whereas cinderace and other fire-types are immune to will-o-wisp. thunder wave also slows down the opposing team.
zeraora with heavy-duty-boots isnt affected by entry-hazards and has volt switch to create even more momentum and it has stab plasma fist, coverage in close combat to hit excadrill and knock off to remove any annoying items. slowbro is a physicall defensive pivot with scald, slack off and slow momentum via teleport, last move is future sight to wear the opposing team even down further and to force switches.
rhyperior is the electric-immunity and sets rocks for this team and it has earthquake and rock blast as its 2 stab options and furthermore swords dance to break through the opposing team.​

volcarona.gif
azumarill.gif
hippowdon.gif
magnezone.gif
mandibuzz.gif
kommoo.gif

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Azumarill @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Rest
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Volt Switch

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Kommo-o @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Close Combat
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Volcarona is one of the most dreadfull beasts in OU, that, despite its absense in period before IoA, returned stronger than before with Heavy-Duty Boots. I preferred Psychic than Giga Drain because it can 2HKO Pex witch otherwise whole this team would be hardwalled by it.
The best Volcarona's partner IMO is BD Azumarill. In addition of Belly Drum and Huge Power, Azumarill could threaten the entire team with its boosted Aqua Jet. Play Rough btw is preferred against Kommo-o and SS-Urshifu, despite Azu's low speed.
Hippo is a hard physical wall, that just needed to this team. It can Stealth Rock, Whirlwind and lure some mons that it can take out.
Despite the fact, that Magnezone is weaker than ever before, it still can do some use, for example take out some flying mons, such as Corviknight, Skarmory, and trap steel, like Ferrothorn, even if Zone is not that reliable.(RIP Hidden Power).
Mandibuzz is nice addition to my team, because first of all, Mandi is great deffoger, and second, it not that bad as a Special Defensive Wall/Utility.
Kommo-o is a second PhysWall in a team. I choosed Iron Head to lure Fairies, when they switching in, but for the most part, Kommo is a great counter for both Urshifus.

abd1710

I SHOULD BE BANNED!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 12 HP / 158 Def / 134 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Kommo-o @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Play Rough

I wanted to build a Volcarona based team revolving around constant switches with the trio of Chansey, Zeraora and Band Rillaboom. Rillaboom and Zeraora digs into the opposing team leaving good amount of space for this bulky Volcarona to set up. Volcarona runs substitute to force opposing stall mons to switch giving it a good chance to set up. This defensive Volcarona with one Quiver dance is a pain to deal for the opponent. Band Rillaboom hits like a hammer and can KO many mons in two hits which resist its attacks with the help of the priority Grassy Glide. While Chansey checks all the special mons especially Hydreigon and Magearna with the supporting moves Softboiled and Teleport, Kommo-o with its physical bulk and rocky helmet checks physical attackers. Zeraora chips the opposing mons with Knock off and volt switch. Urshifu is majorly a late game sweeper if the Volcarona plot fails. Urshifu can also be used as a guarantee killer of atleast one mon given how broken it is when equipped with Choice Band.

It's been over 2 weeks, are these still going?
sorry for the delay, yes they are :)

Reminder: the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me or Ruft.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by sparkwings

EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 56 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Toxic / Volt Switch

Clefable @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
The given volc spread allows you to 2hko Sp.Def Pex and outspeed Adamant/Modest pult at +1, with the rest in HP and Def to better sponge hits. I then added Heracross, as spikes allow Volc to put in even more work, and it's just a strong offensive presence overall. Mandi is hazard removal and an answer to opposing Volcaronas with Brave Bird. Pex helps with stuff like Cinderace and is just a good blanket physical answer. Zeraora here functions as speed control and a Volt Switch immunity, and toxic is there to better deal with things like Hippowdon, Rotom-H, and force progress against bulkier teams. Volt switch can also be used to grab momentum on bulky grasses like Amoonguss. Finally, Clef rounds out the team as a rocker. I went with Trick scarf as it baits in Pex, which then gets tricked and becomes setup fodder for Volc or Heracross.
Team B by RottenInfernape
View attachment 262551 View attachment 262552 View attachment 262553 View attachment 262554 View attachment 262555 View attachment 262556
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 64 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Defense

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt
This team is centered around Volcarona, which is able to ease matchups against Steel and Grass types and act as a fearsome sweeper. A Substitute set is used to withstand attacks after a few Quiver Dances, along with a bulky spread. Rillaboom is paired with Volcarona to easily deal with Water types such as Azumarill and Slowbro, and is a decent late-game cleaner with Swords Dance. Grassy Glide is an excellent STAB move that is a 91BP priority move under Grassy Terrain, so it is much needed over other moves. Mandibuzz can check the likes of Alolan Marowak, Dragapult, and punish physical attackers with Foul Play. This also allows it to be a Defogger that can safely pivot in its teammates with U-Turn. Toxapex is a neat bulky Pokemon that can cripple setup sweepers with Haze and Toxic, and forms a good defensive core with Mandibuzz that can take on Urshifu. Kommo-o is a useful Stealth Rocker with a good Defense stat and Iron Defense + Body Press that allows it to frequently check Excadrill especially. Hawlucha benefits from Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain and is great speed control.
Team C by Tysonslayer

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Baneful Bunker / Toxic

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Darts
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Earthquake
- Taunt / Iron Defense

The main focus here on this team was Volcarona and spikes as it really nice support with Volcarona , chipping down and weakening it's check that can let Volcarona sweep late game. Ferrothorn was the ideal spike setter for this not only having nice defensive synergy with Volcarona , but as well being a reliable setter that can annoy the opposing side with Knock Off and Leech Seed. Mandibuzz + Toxapex is an amazing defensive core in the current meta handling things such as opposing Volcarona , Urshifu , Dragapult , and Excadrill. Toxapex along with Ferrothorn are the main ways to handle with Magearna and also formed a nice FWG core with Volcarona. Bunker is used to heavily improve the Cinderace matchup. Physical Dragapult provides the team with another Volcarona check as well as some speed control and bringing in teammates in with U-Turn , and Thunder Wave support is really nice on crippling speedier things that attempt to revenge kill Volc. Kommo-o completes the team as the teams rocker and handling with Zeraora and Chansey.
Team D by Katy
:volcarona: :mandibuzz: :dragapult: :zeraora: :slowbro: :rhyperior:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/5a02d8204d260947

explanation: this team is built around quiver dance 2 attacks roost volcarona with the help of specially defensive mandibuzz as its support to defog entry-hazards away and mandibuzz also checks opposing volcarona with brave bird.
dragapult is another pkmn to create momentum via u-turn. it has thunder wae to avoid mind games with cinderace which has sucker punch as thunder wave is an option to cripple it almost guaranteed whereas cinderace and other fire-types are immune to will-o-wisp. thunder wave also slows down the opposing team.
zeraora with heavy-duty-boots isnt affected by entry-hazards and has volt switch to create even more momentum and it has stab plasma fist, coverage in close combat to hit excadrill and knock off to remove any annoying items. slowbro is a physicall defensive pivot with scald, slack off and slow momentum via teleport, last move is future sight to wear the opposing team even down further and to force switches.
rhyperior is the electric-immunity and sets rocks for this team and it has earthquake and rock blast as its 2 stab options and furthermore swords dance to break through the opposing team.​
Team E by Pprizrak
View attachment 262580View attachment 262581View attachment 262582View attachment 262583View attachment 262584View attachment 262585

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Azumarill @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Rest
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Volt Switch

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost

Kommo-o @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Close Combat
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Volcarona is one of the most dreadfull beasts in OU, that, despite its absense in period before IoA, returned stronger than before with Heavy-Duty Boots. I preferred Psychic than Giga Drain because it can 2HKO Pex witch otherwise whole this team would be hardwalled by it.
The best Volcarona's partner IMO is BD Azumarill. In addition of Belly Drum and Huge Power, Azumarill could threaten the entire team with its boosted Aqua Jet. Play Rough btw is preferred against Kommo-o and SS-Urshifu, despite Azu's low speed.
Hippo is a hard physical wall, that just needed to this team. It can Stealth Rock, Whirlwind and lure some mons that it can take out.
Despite the fact, that Magnezone is weaker than ever before, it still can do some use, for example take out some flying mons, such as Corviknight, Skarmory, and trap steel, like Ferrothorn, even if Zone is not that reliable.(RIP Hidden Power).
Mandibuzz is nice addition to my team, because first of all, Mandi is great deffoger, and second, it not that bad as a Special Defensive Wall/Utility.
Kommo-o is a second PhysWall in a team. I choosed Iron Head to lure Fairies, when they switching in, but for the most part, Kommo is a great counter for both Urshifus.
Team F by abd1710

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

EVs: 12 HP / 158 Def / 134 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Fiery Dance
- Psychic

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Kommo-o @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

Zeraora @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Play Rough

I wanted to build a Volcarona based team revolving around constant switches with the trio of Chansey, Zeraora and Band Rillaboom. Rillaboom and Zeraora digs into the opposing team leaving good amount of space for this bulky Volcarona to set up. Volcarona runs substitute to force opposing stall mons to switch giving it a good chance to set up. This defensive Volcarona with one Quiver dance is a pain to deal for the opponent. Band Rillaboom hits like a hammer and can KO many mons in two hits which resist its attacks with the help of the priority Grassy Glide. While Chansey checks all the special mons especially Hydreigon and Magearna with the supporting moves Softboiled and Teleport, Kommo-o with its physical bulk and rocky helmet checks physical attackers. Zeraora chips the opposing mons with Knock off and volt switch. Urshifu is majorly a late game sweeper if the Volcarona plot fails. Urshifu can also be used as a guarantee killer of atleast one mon given how broken it is when equipped with Choice Band.
Vote will end in a handful of days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)