Project SS OU Teambuilding Competition - Not hosted anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by ou moderinos
co-hosted with Gomi

art by lydian

Rules:
  • Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give another option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead.
  • Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  • Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussions about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you don't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  • Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Team Archive

===Home===

Week 1
: Kyurem by Egor

Week 2: Zeraora by Decem

Week 3: Keldeo by lockjaw

Week 4: Melmetal by Taerim

Week 5: Terrakion by Decem

Week 6: Salazzle: tie between Egor and Martin

Week 7: Dracovish by Acey - Danse Macabre

Week 8: Cinderace: tie between Tapeworm and I like pink mons

===Isle of Armor===

Week 9
: Alolan Marowak: tie between Egor and Tapeworm

Week 10: Urshifu-S by Tysonslayer

Week 11: Volcarona by sparkwings

Week 12: Rillaboom by Katy

Week 13: Crawdaunt by ShootingStarmie

Week 14: Tyranitar by Trinitrotoluene

Week 15: Aegislash by Katy

Week 16: Zarude by LockedBeast

Week 17: Urshifu-R by KiruxOnTheFlux

===Crown Tundra===

Week 18
: Pheromosa: tie between Jordy and Ausma

Week 19: Tapu Fini by LockedBeast

Week 20: Spectrier: tie between Zneon and Seth Vilo

Week 21: Glastrier by lucarioXriley

Week 22: Garchomp by Katy

Week 23: Obstagoon by Baloor

Week 24: Moltres-Galar by StepC

Week 25: Reuniclus by ausma

Week 26: Kyurem by Tapeworm

Week 27: Weavile by Valentine

Week 28: Scizor by airfare

Week 29: Tapu Lele by Finchinator

Week 30: Zamazenta-Crowned by Katy

Week 31: Volcarona by Clone

Week 32: Bisharp by seanah

Week 33: Hydreigon by Katy

Last edited by a moderator:
drawing first blood with this ass team
:kyurem: :ferrothorn: :kommo-o: :clefable: :corviknight: :toxapex:

first and only team i built with the release of pokemon home and i immediately wanted to use subroost kyurem since its one of my favorite sets of any mon to run. the idea of it was basically try to patch up any defensive holes when it comes to using ferrothorn for spikes and subroost kyurem. the team is pretty slow which can be annoying at times, and does struggle a little bit with things such as hex dragapult if clefable gets overwhelmed. zeraora also pretty much cucks this team as well, but can be played around a little bit between lo recoil and potential iron barbs recoil from ferrothorn. i thought this was a fun team to use at the time so thought i'd enter it here to share.

1583283952960.png1583283986809.png1583284007283.png1583284138776.png1583284121916.png1583284158525.png

Originally I just wanted to build around Bisharp since that's probably my favorite mon in the tier right now. To pair onto it for an offensive core I decided excadrill because the two of them combined can pressure some of each others' checks such as kommo-o, seismitoad, or corviknight, and it can just obliterate rotom heat which can sometimes be annoying to bisharp. I decided on scarf celebi because it can u turn into either one of the offensive core, switch into seismitoad, and most importantly it can give my bisharp or drill a second life, which is the main reason i used it. also, being able to trick a scarf onto defensive mons gives bisharp and drill great chances to set up and sweep or break. i chose clef because its the best mon in the tier, and mantine because i want a flying type that isn't corviknight because I dont want three steel types. my team is pretty fire weak so it helps with that and it can be a dracovish check. finally, kyurem is just a very strong special breaker that can also pressure or deal with the things that bother bisharp and drill and help against bulky water types which this team isn't great against. the offensive momentum and just raw power from this team can break most defensive teams with an extra life from celebi and the defensive core isn't much, but the offensive mons have key defensive purposes and celebi granting another mon an extra life can help get a couple more switchins. the biggest threats to this team are definitely zeraora and terrakion, but other than that I feel like you can outplay most things and get a win against most teams.

:kyurem: :clefable: :corviknight: :rotom-heat: :excadrill: :toxapex:
Kyurem is a very threatening wallbreaker this gen thanks to it's high Special Attack, Choice Specs, good coverage and Freeze-Dry which kills common Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Dracovish. Clefable is able to check Dragapult and Hydreigon and set up Stealth Rock for the team. Corviknight is the defogger of the team and is also a Ground immunity. Rotom Heat is the pivot and kills Corviknight quicker for Kyurem to sweep. Excadrill is a second hazard control and also a speed control with Rapid Spin, allowing to kill threats such as Zeraora. Finally, Toxapex is a bulky Pokemon that spreads status along with Rotom Heat.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1073137305
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1073131944

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

blind girl (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

blind boi (Weezing-Galar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

not blind but.. (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

blind as fluff (Aegislash) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

blind bae (Hawlucha) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Close Combat

blinded (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Teleport
basically took my old galarian weezing offense squad i made for home and rehashed it into a roost LO kyu balance. the dragon fairy steel synergy is still strong on this variant. defog gweezing helps ensure kyu can come in and punish threats. Hawlucha is there because it can easily clean up games and its super fun to use.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
kyurem.pngjirachi-2.pngclefable-3.pngtoxapex-2.pngcorviknight.pngterrakion-2.png

A balance team focused around sub metronome Kyurem and SubCm Jirachi. Jirachi can beat a lot of current fatter teams comprised of Clef/Corvi/Pex or Kommo. Of course, it cant manage to solo these teams alone, and is often forced out by powerful offensive mons such as specs pult if it hasn't cm'd twice, or worst case, phantom force pult. Aegis and Exca can also force it out. However, with the help of sub kyurem, balance teams fold over to the combined pressure they both put on them. The rest of the team is mostly pivots and support for Kyurem and Jirachi, and then shed shell terrak, role compressed as a setup breaker and a rocker.

Also, some replays showing off the team are at the bottom of the paste. Didnt wanna clog them in this post and make it a big RMT or smth.

Katy

Banned deucer.
SubNRoost Kyurem BO

:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Dugtrio: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Dragapult: :ss/Corviknight:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/84d4bf312ad63bfd

description: this team is built around substitute + roost kyurem with its item metronome, since it got access to freeze-dry this gen, it is able to bypass other bulky waters more easily. since this pkmn suffers being prone to a lot of common threats in the metagame i've decided to go for dugtrio as the trapper for trapping mons like terrakion, cinderace, excadrill, tyranitar and toxapex to help kyurem out against those as they are dangerous to switch in to. aegislash has also counters against mons like terrakion and opposing dugtrio with holding an air ballon so it can setup infront of them.
clefable is the rocks setter and a check to pkmn such as zeraora, kommo-o and dragapult whereas corviknight is the defogger with having body press to check bisharp as it is really threatening for this team and u-turn to give slow momentum meanwhile dragapult has choice scarf to give immense speed control and having access to u-turn for creating another chance of momentum. infiltrator allows it to go through other mons, which are behind a substitute so these mons cannot gain an advantage with being behind a sub. overall this team is built to take on the most common threats in the metagame and being able to create momentum for mons such as aegislash and most importantly kyurem as setup help.​

Specs Kyurem Sun

:ss/kyurem: :ss/torkoal: :ss/venusaur: :ss/clefable: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/kommo-o:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/ae667da5d820d760
Sun teams have a definite place in the meta at the moment and Kyurem is able to take on Pokémon like Toxapex and other bulky waters which can be some of the premier checks to the archetype by stalling out sun. Specs freeze dry does a minimum of 83.5% to pex, meaning it can't be stalled out by recover. Weather ball in the sun also allows Kyurem to take on some of its checks like corviknight doing 102% minimum to 252 hp, 208 spdef careful corviknight and ohkoing max spdef corviknight after rocks (98.5-166%). In this way kyurem is able to function as an effective wallbreaker.
Threats to kyurem include dragons like dragapult and hydreigon. Mandibuzz and clefable can take on these threats. The clefable spdef investment always allows it to be 3hko'd by modest specs shadow ball dragapult in case mandibuzz is weakened and can take a +2 flash cannon from hydreigon and ohko with moonblast. Wish support from clefable also allows pokemon like kommo-o and torkoal to have greater longevity, allowing them to take on threats like excadrill and terrakion, and set sun respectively. Kommo-o in particular can do good damage with body press, boosting it with iron defense. It is also a reliable rocker. Mandibuzz is an effective hazard remover as well and being another check to some of the dragons and ghosts in the tier. Yawn on torkoal can force switches which can allow venusaur or kyurem to come in and either set up or break. The offensive torkoal spread is also good for catching people off guard when yawn forces a switch.

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Hydreigon:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/33d0620b5975563c

Kyurem is by far one of the best wallbreaker in the current Metagame however it struggels with Sylveon and Clefable which jirachi can help with.
Since some Clefables and every Sylveon is running Protect the team needed another Pressuring against those 2 without Choice. So Aegislash can Pressure them and late game clean. Hydreigon can Lure the 2 fairys out for Kyurem and Mandibuzz for Aegislash which gives the team a better breaking option. The Rachi + Mandi U-Turn core can bring Kyurem in a lot to Pressure the opponents Team.
The bulky core of Clef and Mandi can wall a lot of Pressuring mons like Dragapult or Zeraora. Aegislash can take care of Jirachi and Terrakion for Kyurem and Hydreigon can take some hits of Rotom for the bulky core while using this as set up fodder.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/d74775e1fd27c6b5

Seismitoad to set Stealth Rock up to make it easier for Kyurem and Excadrill, as well as wear pokemon down with Toxic/Scald. It can also switch into a predicted water move for teammates.

Clefable to handle strong special attackers such as Hydreigon. It also provides Wish support for it's teammates to make it easier to switch in on moves.

Specs Kyurem was chosen over Sub as I appreciated the immediate high damage output over metronome builds.

Excadrill provides the team with Rapid Spin and a physical wallbreaker.

Corviknight provides the team with another hazard clearer as well as being able to get Kyurem in against a favorable pokemon.

Rotom-Heat was chosen to deal with steel type pokemon as well as providing the team with Volt-Turn Support.

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Kyurem teams usually feature Defog variants of Corviknight but I decided to go another way and made my Corviknight a wincon with the SubBU set. Kyurem itself here acts as a part of this squad's wallbreaking core, together with Rotom-H and Excadrill, the latter of which makes up for Corviknight's lack of Defog with Rapid Spin. Choice Scarf Keldeo provides the team with some necessary speed and offensive counterplay to stuff like Bisharp, Terrakion, and Cloyster, while Clefable glues the team up.

KYRUEM VOLT TURN

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Court Change

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Teleport
- Protect

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
I knew I wanted to be able to get Kyruem in as early and as much as possible; figured builing a VoltTurn balanced offense was the best way to go about doing so. Court Change Cinderace and Defog Corviknight are there to ensure hazards are kept off our side of the field, and Toad is there to get hazards up and wear down mons with Toxic. Teleport.Wish Clef is there to act as a sponge and to keep Kyruem healthy *as we're not running roost* as well as giving another free switch via Teleport. Kyruem is the main nuke with Specs, with Freeze-Dry being able to deal with bulky waters like Pex and Toad and Flash cannon being a means to hit Fairies for Super Effective damage. Trick is on Rotom-W to cripple defensive mons like Pex, Clefable and Toad, as well as Rotom giving Volt Switch ultility.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

This is a team created based on Kyurem. The main idea was a status spam + Kyu. His set specs makes him a terrible threat to passive mons. It has a double type that is offensively interesting and with good coverage. Freeze-Dry for waters like Pex is good. I needed something to cover things like Conkel or Terrakion. He is also my user of a movement as important as SR. TWave to disable the opposite and take advantage. Mandibuzz I consider it key since it has Defog as support and an interesting response to Dragapult or Hydreigon. Ferro to press more with Spikes and cover myself with fairies. Body Press in principle to better fit Exca, Bisharp, Ttar. Leech + Twave seems like a good combination. Knock Off is another possible final option. Rotom-H as my second answer to fairies or steel. Create an interesting core with Ferro. With Voltswitch + Uturn Mandibuzz it is a way to press and take the fight to my advantage. Toxic seemed like a good idea about TWave basically because that was just missing and I find it more useful. Finally, Dragapult. Perhaps the one who takes advantage of the entire main strategy with Wow + Hex and the dirty work of his colleagues.

Not to sound impatient but weren't we gonna start voting phase n whatnot. Just curious as to when that is
yes, my apologies for forgetting, it shall begin now!

and friendly reminder, the voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). To vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.

And remember, you may vote for as many or as little teams as you want!

Team A by Terrakion.
drawing first blood with this ass team
:kyurem: :ferrothorn: :kommo-o: :clefable: :corviknight: :toxapex:

first and only team i built with the release of pokemon home and i immediately wanted to use subroost kyurem since its one of my favorite sets of any mon to run. the idea of it was basically try to patch up any defensive holes when it comes to using ferrothorn for spikes and subroost kyurem. the team is pretty slow which can be annoying at times, and does struggle a little bit with things such as hex dragapult if clefable gets overwhelmed. zeraora also pretty much cucks this team as well, but can be played around a little bit between lo recoil and potential iron barbs recoil from ferrothorn. i thought this was a fun team to use at the time so thought i'd enter it here to share.
Team B by paoisd
View attachment 226137View attachment 226138View attachment 226139View attachment 226141View attachment 226140View attachment 226142

Originally I just wanted to build around Bisharp since that's probably my favorite mon in the tier right now. To pair onto it for an offensive core I decided excadrill because the two of them combined can pressure some of each others' checks such as kommo-o, seismitoad, or corviknight, and it can just obliterate rotom heat which can sometimes be annoying to bisharp. I decided on scarf celebi because it can u turn into either one of the offensive core, switch into seismitoad, and most importantly it can give my bisharp or drill a second life, which is the main reason i used it. also, being able to trick a scarf onto defensive mons gives bisharp and drill great chances to set up and sweep or break. i chose clef because its the best mon in the tier, and mantine because i want a flying type that isn't corviknight because I dont want three steel types. my team is pretty fire weak so it helps with that and it can be a dracovish check. finally, kyurem is just a very strong special breaker that can also pressure or deal with the things that bother bisharp and drill and help against bulky water types which this team isn't great against. the offensive momentum and just raw power from this team can break most defensive teams with an extra life from celebi and the defensive core isn't much, but the offensive mons have key defensive purposes and celebi granting another mon an extra life can help get a couple more switchins. the biggest threats to this team are definitely zeraora and terrakion, but other than that I feel like you can outplay most things and get a win against most teams.
Team C by Rotten Infernape
:kyurem: :clefable: :corviknight: :rotom-heat: :excadrill: :toxapex:
Kyurem is a very threatening wallbreaker this gen thanks to it's high Special Attack, Choice Specs, good coverage and Freeze-Dry which kills common Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Dracovish. Clefable is able to check Dragapult and Hydreigon and set up Stealth Rock for the team. Corviknight is the defogger of the team and is also a Ground immunity. Rotom Heat is the pivot and kills Corviknight quicker for Kyurem to sweep. Excadrill is a second hazard control and also a speed control with Rapid Spin, allowing to kill threats such as Zeraora. Finally, Toxapex is a bulky Pokemon that spreads status along with Rotom Heat.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1073137305
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1073131944
Team D by zbr

blind girl (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

blind boi (Weezing-Galar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Strange Steam
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

not blind but.. (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

blind as fluff (Aegislash) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

blind bae (Hawlucha) @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Close Combat

blinded (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Teleport
basically took my old galarian weezing offense squad i made for home and rehashed it into a roost LO kyu balance. the dragon fairy steel synergy is still strong on this variant. defog gweezing helps ensure kyu can come in and punish threats. Hawlucha is there because it can easily clean up games and its super fun to use.
Team E by Acey - Danse Macabre
View attachment 226159View attachment 226160View attachment 226161View attachment 226156View attachment 226157View attachment 226158

A balance team focused around sub metronome Kyurem and SubCm Jirachi. Jirachi can beat a lot of current fatter teams comprised of Clef/Corvi/Pex or Kommo. Of course, it cant manage to solo these teams alone, and is often forced out by powerful offensive mons such as specs pult if it hasn't cm'd twice, or worst case, phantom force pult. Aegis and Exca can also force it out. However, with the help of sub kyurem, balance teams fold over to the combined pressure they both put on them. The rest of the team is mostly pivots and support for Kyurem and Jirachi, and then shed shell terrak, role compressed as a setup breaker and a rocker.

Also, some replays showing off the team are at the bottom of the paste. Didnt wanna clog them in this post and make it a big RMT or smth.
Team F by Katy
SubNRoost Kyurem BO

:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Dugtrio: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Dragapult: :ss/Corviknight:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/84d4bf312ad63bfd

description: this team is built around substitute + roost kyurem with its item metronome, since it got access to freeze-dry this gen, it is able to bypass other bulky waters more easily. since this pkmn suffers being prone to a lot of common threats in the metagame i've decided to go for dugtrio as the trapper for trapping mons like terrakion, cinderace, excadrill, tyranitar and toxapex to help kyurem out against those as they are dangerous to switch in to. aegislash has also counters against mons like terrakion and opposing dugtrio with holding an air ballon so it can setup infront of them.
clefable is the rocks setter and a check to pkmn such as zeraora, kommo-o and dragapult whereas corviknight is the defogger with having body press to check bisharp as it is really threatening for this team and u-turn to give slow momentum meanwhile dragapult has choice scarf to give immense speed control and having access to u-turn for creating another chance of momentum. infiltrator allows it to go through other mons, which are behind a substitute so these mons cannot gain an advantage with being behind a sub. overall this team is built to take on the most common threats in the metagame and being able to create momentum for mons such as aegislash and most importantly kyurem as setup help.​
Team G by TomSprite
Specs Kyurem Sun

:ss/kyurem: :ss/torkoal: :ss/venusaur: :ss/clefable: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/kommo-o:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/ae667da5d820d760
Sun teams have a definite place in the meta at the moment and Kyurem is able to take on Pokémon like Toxapex and other bulky waters which can be some of the premier checks to the archetype by stalling out sun. Specs freeze dry does a minimum of 83.5% to pex, meaning it can't be stalled out by recover. Weather ball in the sun also allows Kyurem to take on some of its checks like corviknight doing 102% minimum to 252 hp, 208 spdef careful corviknight and ohkoing max spdef corviknight after rocks (98.5-166%). In this way kyurem is able to function as an effective wallbreaker.
Threats to kyurem include dragons like dragapult and hydreigon. Mandibuzz and clefable can take on these threats. The clefable spdef investment always allows it to be 3hko'd by modest specs shadow ball dragapult in case mandibuzz is weakened and can take a +2 flash cannon from hydreigon and ohko with moonblast. Wish support from clefable also allows pokemon like kommo-o and torkoal to have greater longevity, allowing them to take on threats like excadrill and terrakion, and set sun respectively. Kommo-o in particular can do good damage with body press, boosting it with iron defense. It is also a reliable rocker. Mandibuzz is an effective hazard remover as well and being another check to some of the dragons and ghosts in the tier. Yawn on torkoal can force switches which can allow venusaur or kyurem to come in and either set up or break. The offensive torkoal spread is also good for catching people off guard when yawn forces a switch.
Team H by mind gaming
:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Jirachi: :ss/Clefable: :ss/Mandibuzz: :ss/Aegislash: :ss/Hydreigon:

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/33d0620b5975563c

Kyurem is by far one of the best wallbreaker in the current Metagame however it struggels with Sylveon and Clefable which jirachi can help with.
Since some Clefables and every Sylveon is running Protect the team needed another Pressuring against those 2 without Choice. So Aegislash can Pressure them and late game clean. Hydreigon can Lure the 2 fairys out for Kyurem and Mandibuzz for Aegislash which gives the team a better breaking option. The Rachi + Mandi U-Turn core can bring Kyurem in a lot to Pressure the opponents Team.
The bulky core of Clef and Mandi can wall a lot of Pressuring mons like Dragapult or Zeraora. Aegislash can take care of Jirachi and Terrakion for Kyurem and Hydreigon can take some hits of Rotom for the bulky core while using this as set up fodder.
Team I by HiddenPower23
https://pokepast.es/d74775e1fd27c6b5

Seismitoad to set Stealth Rock up to make it easier for Kyurem and Excadrill, as well as wear pokemon down with Toxic/Scald. It can also switch into a predicted water move for teammates.

Clefable to handle strong special attackers such as Hydreigon. It also provides Wish support for it's teammates to make it easier to switch in on moves.

Specs Kyurem was chosen over Sub as I appreciated the immediate high damage output over metronome builds.

Excadrill provides the team with Rapid Spin and a physical wallbreaker.

Corviknight provides the team with another hazard clearer as well as being able to get Kyurem in against a favorable pokemon.

Rotom-Heat was chosen to deal with steel type pokemon as well as providing the team with Volt-Turn Support.
Team J by Egor

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Substitute

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Discharge
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Kyurem teams usually feature Defog variants of Corviknight but I decided to go another way and made my Corviknight a wincon with the SubBU set. Kyurem itself here acts as a part of this squad's wallbreaking core, together with Rotom-H and Excadrill, the latter of which makes up for Corviknight's lack of Defog with Rapid Spin. Choice Scarf Keldeo provides the team with some necessary speed and offensive counterplay to stuff like Bisharp, Terrakion, and Cloyster, while Clefable glues the team up.
Team K by ScottyAdams
KYRUEM VOLT TURN

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Court Change

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Teleport
- Protect

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
I knew I wanted to be able to get Kyruem in as early and as much as possible; figured builing a VoltTurn balanced offense was the best way to go about doing so. Court Change Cinderace and Defog Corviknight are there to ensure hazards are kept off our side of the field, and Toad is there to get hazards up and wear down mons with Toxic. Teleport.Wish Clef is there to act as a sponge and to keep Kyruem healthy *as we're not running roost* as well as giving another free switch via Teleport. Kyruem is the main nuke with Specs, with Freeze-Dry being able to deal with bulky waters like Pex and Toad and Flash cannon being a means to hit Fairies for Super Effective damage. Trick is on Rotom-W to cripple defensive mons like Pex, Clefable and Toad, as well as Rotom giving Volt Switch ultility.
Team L by fairytale

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

This is a team created based on Kyurem. The main idea was a status spam + Kyu. His set specs makes him a terrible threat to passive mons. It has a double type that is offensively interesting and with good coverage. Freeze-Dry for waters like Pex is good. I needed something to cover things like Conkel or Terrakion. He is also my user of a movement as important as SR. TWave to disable the opposite and take advantage. Mandibuzz I consider it key since it has Defog as support and an interesting response to Dragapult or Hydreigon. Ferro to press more with Spikes and cover myself with fairies. Body Press in principle to better fit Exca, Bisharp, Ttar. Leech + Twave seems like a good combination. Knock Off is another possible final option. Rotom-H as my second answer to fairies or steel. Create an interesting core with Ferro. With Voltswitch + Uturn Mandibuzz it is a way to press and take the fight to my advantage. Toxic seemed like a good idea about TWave basically because that was just missing and I find it more useful. Finally, Dragapult. Perhaps the one who takes advantage of the entire main strategy with Wow + Hex and the dirty work of his colleagues.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
L>J>H>D>F>C>E>A

Hope I did this correctly LYD. Would like to say that I really liked some of the teams in this round. There were some issues I saw fairly regularly like teams being a little slow for my liking, but nothing to major. A little disappointed nobody posted a team with TSpikes tho, was hoping to poach.

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
L>J>H>D>F>C>E>A

Hope I did this correctly LYD. Would like to say that I really liked some of the teams in this round. There were some issues I saw fairly regularly like teams being a little slow for my liking, but nothing to major. A little disappointed nobody posted a team with TSpikes tho, was hoping to poach.
I tested tspikes on my build quite a bit, resorted to toxic simply cuz tspikes are very mediocre this gen. Im guessing everyone else came to the same conclusion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)