Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just f.. ridiculous, I wasted hunderds of hours on getting perfect Pokémon, and now I can't use them anymore? :') Screw VGC.
I support it, having hacked and RNG'd pokemon in an official competition kinda makes it pointless.

Should read the all rules to prevent any other further wtfs.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That's just f.. ridiculous, I wasted hunderds of hours on getting perfect Pokémon, and now I can't use them anymore? :') Screw VGC.
I believe they implemented that because they didn't want hacked Pokémon to be used in official tournaments, and since Pokébank did such a lousy job of checking hacks, I think they're justified in it. (of course they could have solved this whole problem better by just making Pokébank better and allowing non-Kalos pokes, but that's in the past now)
Besides, most of what you can get through RNG manipulation you can easily breed in Kalos, bar some egg moves (Ice Punch Conkeldurr makes me cry evry tiem). This may be why they decided to buff the Destiny Knot this gen, to make the blow to RNG not so hard for competitive players.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I believe they implemented that because they didn't want hacked Pokémon to be used in official tournaments, and since Pokébank did such a lousy job of checking hacks, I think they're justified in it. (of course they could have solved this whole problem better by just making Pokébank better and allowing non-Kalos pokes, but that's in the past now)
Besides, most of what you can get through RNG manipulation you can easily breed in Kalos, bar some egg moves (Ice Punch Conkeldurr makes me cry evry tiem). This may be why they decided to buff the Destiny Knot this gen, to make the blow to RNG not so hard for competitive players.
I have RNG abused 648 out of the 649 Pokémon in 4th/5th gen, I'm not going to do all of that again. XD And I'm not even the one with the biggest collection. Oh well, no VGC for me then. :) Noobs are just screwing the pro's. >_>

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why would you not just keep them in your party 'til you get 5?
If deposit the eggs until you have five, then hatch them all at once, they'll hatch in five steps once you get the first hatched.

5th gen Pokémon are banned because there are too much hacks passing Pokémon Bank. I'm pointing at hackers you know.
Nintendo did a fucking terrible job with the Pokemon Bank. More hacks pass that than hacks that pass the VGC hack check.

Tatertot

I have RNG abused 648 out of the 649 Pokémon in 4th/5th gen, I'm not going to do all of that again. XD And I'm not even the one with the biggest collection. Oh well, no VGC for me then. :) Noobs are just screwing the pro's. >_>
That's why threads like mine exist: to make it easier for you to get the competitive pokes you need for VGC, without spending a whole lot of time. :)

Welcome to generation VI, this is how things are going to be done now :P Honestly, I think using only Kalos pokes adds an extra level of challenge to competitive play. It adds creativity to team building, and though some of your options are limited, the gigantic size of the Kalos pokedex helps a bit. But, if you're really going to let GameFreak's making the competitive battling scene more hack-free limit your enjoyment of Pokemon, I'd say you should rethink your priorities. People should not have to know how to RNG or hack to create competitively viable teams, I think that's the message GameFreak is trying to convey with the new changes with X and Y battling.

To be more on topic to the purpose of this thread, I'll be hosting a gigantic 5 IV giveaway tomorrow, stay tuned for more info!

Agonist

Yeah that figures.. sad we RNG abusers have to pay for that. They should sharpen the VGC hack check, so they can see not all the 5th gen RNG abusers are bad people.
That's not the reason. When XY first came out, the Pentagon guaranteed legitimacy. Then they had to go fuck it up by allowing people to hack pentagons onto old Pokemon, and allowing illegal Pokemon + ball combinations through the Bank.

I am about to breed for this Forretress and was wondering which IV spread would be better (note that it will not be used in a Trick Room team)

Forretress @ Red Card
Sturdy
Relaxed nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
-Volt Switch
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes

I am wondering whether 31/31/31/31/31/x or 31/x/31/31/31/0 would be better IVs

Agonist

I am about to breed for this Forretress and was wondering which IV spread would be better (note that it will not be used in a Trick Room team)

Forretress @ Red Card
Sturdy
Relaxed nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
-Volt Switch
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes

If you're not running Gyro Ball, just do Bold 31/x/31/31/31/31. Might as well let it outrun a couple more things, and get another layer of hazards up.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If there's anyone around who doesn't know their Shiny Value yet and would like to [preferably people who are often online...] PM me in the next hour or so and I'll do the check for you. (Good to know what's available from those who are around to hatch.)

If you don't know what a shiny value is, or why you should care; don't PM. :)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus

Tatertot

Forretress @ Red Card
Sturdy
Relaxed nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpDef
-Volt Switch
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes

I agree with what Agonist said, without Gyro Ball there's no need for a 0 Speed IV. Personally, I'd go 31/31/31/31/31/xx though, if you can't get a 6 IV. the extra attack will help with Rapid Spin damage, and there's not a whole lot of important stuff Forretress will be able to outrun with the extra speed.

I have to disagree. According to this document the rules banning previous gen pokemon were decided by November 15, about a month before Pokebank's original release in Japan: http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf
So the hacks passing through PokeBank had nothing to do with the decision.
And in VGC '11, players were only allowed to use Pokemon found in the Unova region. They're doing the same thing with X/Y. Not completely relevant, but whenever the subject of "RNG" comes up, the same people (not going to mention who) always mention their stance on it. It's getting repetitive and annoying.

Also, I'm offering females of this, but I still need to breed them. For those who are interested, I'm looking for 5 IV females in Apricorn or Dream Balls. Send me a message or notify me here please. Thanks!
Heracross ♀
Jolly [Guts] - 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Egg moves: Rock Blast, Pursuit, Seismic Toss, Revenge

Last edited:
Personally on the whole "Kalos" only bit my only complaint is that there are a lot of tutor moves that make certain pokemon useful (and trash without). Sylveon for example just isn't as appealing without heal bell and hyper voice. I dont understand, with all the other things they did to make competitive more casual, why they didnt make tutors passable or include some gen5 tutors in Kalos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)