Short but Sweet: An Uber Warstory

Great read and I liked the way you organized your warstory, quite enjoyable.

It is also nice to see Scizor climbing up that high and KOing Deoxys in a sheer prediction war turn, and battle.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As always, excellent warstory. You seem to have outdone yourself this time, Train Man.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

5 stars.

I had just typed up individualised responses to all comments at which point, my computer froze destroying all my hard work. Keep em' coming though. Thanks!

Amazing story. Again. Nice job there, not too haxy, a nice read all around.
Thanks Janemori!

You know Train Man, with all these comments, you should've five starred this thread.

But I'll do it for you
Isn't it a little tacky to rate your own Threads, lol? Also, too bad that we couldn't have our WiFi Battle last weekend. My school holidays are coming up, so there's always a chance. Thanks for being the first (?) to rate this Warstory, by the way.

I say the same thing every time but great warstory. another 5 star rating, also the videos were nice.
Thanks Sandman! That Uber Roulette we recently did was great fun. It should be far more common place. Next time, Uber/Roulette/Doubles though, lol?

Nice warstory, I'm pretty new to ubers but I enjoyed it a lot.
Thanks Fishin. Congrats on the Modship.

nice story. scizor pwning was nice to read.
Thanks, hopefully Scizor usage will boom when we get the June Statistics. It's the new Ubers Metagross, really.

Awesome warstory, gives me an example to base my next one off of. I'm not familiar with ubers but this definitely revives my interest in learning the metagame...not to mention create and uber doubles team so we can rematch some time.
Thanks Starman, and definitely we need to Uber/Doubles sometime. Doubles is extremely fun, lol.

Ahh, the man who inspires me to write warstories of my own. None other than the Train Man! This was awesome, I've never seen a match with such a surprise ending before! Heh, your commentary always makes mediocre battles look awesome, and awesome battles (such as this one) look outrageously cool. You're definitely a great author of these warstories, and hell, it wouldn't surprise me to see you write an actual short story someday.

I wonder, do you actually realize that you're pulling these mindgames during battle, or do you realize that after the battle when you're making the warstory?
Thanks Bologo! When's your next UU Warstory coming along? I always enjoy going through them. And as for your question, most of the time, i'm aware and playing mindgames with my opponent, but I do dramatise alot of events for the sake of the story.

That was awesome. Your writing was really good; it immersed me into the story deep enough that I could imagine how you must have felt when Scizor fainted. Good job!
Thanks Darkie! Good writing should be immersive =)

Simply amazing. Just too good.

You've inspired me to play ubers now x]
Thanks! Glad to see another converted.

That was a great warstory! I have to see if I can find my uber team again because our battles have always been good. Anyway that HP Fire was a pretty cool twist at the end, props to Ike for that and props to both of you for such an engaging match.
Thanks MS, yeah I tried to build up that twist ending, cos that's how I really felt when I saw my Scizor bite the dust.

Wow, that was amazing. Thanks for such a great warstory, I really enjoyed it =D.

(Liked the youtube battles too, saw them recently ^^ )
Thanks! Comment on the videos on Lyf's and TehWest's channels.

Great read and I liked the way you organized your warstory, quite enjoyable.

It is also nice to see Scizor climbing up that high and KOing Deoxys in a sheer prediction war turn, and battle.
Thanks -FL-.

Nice story. Now I know not to underestimate Latios.
Thanks! Me neither, anymore, lol.

As always, excellent warstory. You seem to have outdone yourself this time, Train Man.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

5 stars.
Thanks BK! And congrats on (Stark) Modship.

Excellent work!

Your warstories was my reason to start playing Ubers. You write very well. End was dramatic. Who can quess that Latios was running HP Fire.

Thought it would be best to comment on this before it surely ends up in the archives. Well what else can I say that hasn't already been said? Yet another 5-star Train Man warstory. I just cannot get enough of your style of writing!

You've probably noticed that I've taken quite a lengthy break from Ubers to play more UU recently. However once the Smogon server is up and running I'll definitely make a return, and your warstories will help make sure I'm not completely off the pace.

You've also inspired me to make a special effort to write a warstory myself. There's no excuse now that I have a whole summer free!

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Wow, what an awesome warstory. The way you tell it for the audience makes it more interesting, not mentioning the suspense that is built as the battle continues. I really thought you won this before he used HP fire. That was really enjoyable. GG.

Hey trainman nice story but still give yourself more credit, you played a good match against me

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey trainman nice story but still give yourself more credit, you played a good match against me
Ike! You got a Smogon account!

On-Topic: Loved the story. For awhile I thought I was the only one who used HP Fire Latios (When I saw the picture I thought it would be Ike's "other" Latios). Good Game, I like the out of the ordinary sets like UtilityDon (which is getting more usage every day it seems like), Scizor (being use more often now too), and Modest SpecsOrge (Scarf is common, but Specs I haven't seen as much). Great read that will hopefully get more people to join Ubers.

Excellent work!

Your warstories was my reason to start playing Ubers. You write very well. End was dramatic. Who can quess that Latios was running HP Fire.
Thanks Ferdie!

Wow, what an awesome warstory. The way you tell it for the audience makes it more interesting, not mentioning the suspense that is built as the battle continues. I really thought you won this before he used HP fire. That was really enjoyable. GG.
Thanks Amre92.

Thanks Ike! And thanks for signing up (just) to comment.

On-Topic: Loved the story. For awhile I thought I was the only one who used HP Fire Latios (When I saw the picture I thought it would be Ike's "other" Latios). Good Game, I like the out of the ordinary sets like UtilityDon (which is getting more usage every day it seems like), Scizor (being use more often now too), and Modest SpecsOrge (Scarf is common, but Specs I haven't seen as much). Great read that will hopefully get more people to join Ubers.
Thanks! You should write a Warstory sometime, you're a strong Ubers battler and I rarely ever see any other Uber Warstories anymore.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks! You should write a Warstory sometime, you're a strong Ubers battler and I rarely ever see any other Uber Warstories anymore.
I actually was writing one, but then my computer broke down. I am currently looking for a battle in order to write one sometime. I just made a new team and wanted to try something with it and will hopefully get a good story from it.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
A great Warstory, excellently done Train Man and well played from both sides. That Scizor always manages to annoy me to no end. Hopefully Ubers will get some more players and I can look forward to more of the same in the future.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Darn it trainman, I was so enjoying my renewed place on the top of the archive list too. :/

Just kidding. Good job on another great warstory. Every time I can really get a sense of just how different Ubers is from anything else (having a 50% chance of killing or being killed against D-A is a good situation!? damn!)

Great warstory.

Your insights made it very interesting.
Thanks, Metallic Fire!

A great Warstory, excellently done Train Man and well played from both sides. That Scizor always manages to annoy me to no end. Hopefully Ubers will get some more players and I can look forward to more of the same in the future.
Thanks. That last battle we had was pretty intense and makes me feel that McSteinberg is your best Shoddy nick. Stick with it and climb that Ladder!

Nice work train man. Carry your team out to #1 ^_^
I'm just letting my account rot from inactivity now.
Thanks Jeb! Nah, i'm probably going to retire this team soon (though not before posting one last-ditch RMT) and work on a new one.

Awesome warstory. I groaned out loud when Latios revealed its HP Fire... a good fight.
Thanks, that's how I felt lol.

Darn it trainman, I was so enjoying my renewed place on the top of the archive list too. :/

Just kidding. Good job on another great warstory. Every time I can really get a sense of just how different Ubers is from anything else (having a 50% chance of killing or being killed against D-A is a good situation!? damn!)
Haha. Thanks Chou. I guess i'm just an optimist in those sort of situations, eh? =)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks, Age of Kings. By the way, when are you going to get around to writing another Warstory. I loved those.
QUE? QUE?
My god, someone remembers. ;~; It really touches me.
Due to the banning of pre-D/P event moves, I have officially decided to retire my old Trick Room team since neither Gardevoir nor Espeon were working out for me as replacement for Wish Hypno. However, after six months of absence, my creative team building skills have not been affected, so I have been experimenting with some fun, but effective UU teams. I don't think I could ever truly retire from BL, though. I could possibly resurrect the team for nostalgia purposes and the fact that they were just plain popular, but I will retool a new B: team to write new warstories with, possibly against some OU teams because I actually had success against those.
Good warstory writers have good taste, right? ;D

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heh, with 9 votes of 5.00, you can now claim the warstory with the highest rating of all to date (you beat mine, how could you! :P). I'd highly recommend seeing if you can move this to the archive, since it would be a great addition. These kinds of warstories will help me show my tutees some good examples in the art of story-telling. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)