Metagame Sharing Is Caring

okay, so after getting dumpstered by rain, heres the natural evolution of funny number spam, and i think this might be legitimately problematic

https://pokepast.es/aa9f6c9a3dbb3a0c

i know highlighting it is playing a part in making it worse, but i feel like ladder might be miserable if more people catch on to this. barraskewda cannot be outsped and aqua jet is still strong enough to play around opposing priority. this is the least effort to most success i think ive ever had with a showdown team. lead pelipper, pivot into anything, and pop tera water when a healthy resist comes in, simple as

i see it possibly having trouble with grassy terrain but it blows past everything else. barraskewda simply cannot be out-offensed and defensive teams cant handle the raw force of breaker after breaker

Last edited:
okay, so after getting dumpstered by rain, heres the natural evolution of funny number spam, and i think this might be legitimately problematic

https://pokepast.es/aa9f6c9a3dbb3a0c

i know highlighting it is playing a part in making it worse, but i feel like ladder might be miserable if more people catch on to this. barraskewda cannot be outsped and aqua jet is still strong enough to play around opposing priority. this is the least effort to most success i think ive ever had with a showdown team. lead pelipper, pivot into anything, and pop tera water when a healthy resist comes in, simple as

i see it possibly having trouble with grassy terrain but it blows past everything else. barraskewda simply cannot be out-offensed and defensive teams cant handle the raw force of breaker after breaker
I would remove the Choice Band considering you have so many mons with Rain Dance, Drednaw has Shell Smash and since Pelipper has Roost, and I think Muscle Band would be better considering the amount of physical attackers on your team. I don't think Pelipper should have Liquidation or Fling, and I would replace those moves with Hurricane and either Weather Ball or Surf. Phantom Force sucks and I'd give Basculegion Psychic Fangs or Wave Crash instead. Not sure how to feel about Rain Dance on three different mons. I would replace Rain Dance with Swords Dance on Quaquaval as well as Urshifu. Am confused to why Drednaw has Head Smash as I'd much rather have Stone Edge, and I would also change Rain Dance to EQ on Drednaw.

I would remove the Choice Band considering you have so many mons with Rain Dance, Drednaw has Shell Smash and since Pelipper has Roost, and I think Muscle Band would be better considering the amount of physical attackers on your team. I don't think Pelipper should have Liquidation or Fling, and I would replace those moves with Hurricane and either Weather Ball or Surf. Phantom Force sucks and I'd give Basculegion Psychic Fangs or Wave Crash instead. Not sure how to feel about Rain Dance on three different mons. I would replace Rain Dance with Swords Dance on Quaquaval as well as Urshifu. Am confused to why Drednaw has Head Smash as I'd much rather have Stone Edge, and I would also change Rain Dance to EQ on Drednaw.
the point is that it literally doesnt matter, go and test the team, liquidation is literally all you need 99% of the time, every other move is filler for fringe circumstances. the team is made to stack endless multipliers on water moves, so using moves of other types defeats the purpose. frail pokemon get nuked from orbit and resists still get blown apart by tera water. fling on pelipper is purely for fringe matchups that try and trick you a flame orb or something, in 90% of games you'll just u turn it out and win before you need to send it in again. rain dance is again, a fringe hail mary if you somehow get stalled out of rain with pelliper dead, just rain dance and sack something and send in barraskewda to explode the rest of the team

EDIT: ice type coverage is likely more optimal due to the odd dragonite or hydrapple. rocky helmet also does work to counterplay somewhat but unfortunately unless they somehow have other ways to pitch in some damage the timer likely isnt tight enough to save them, but you could also just swap a 1.2x item for protective pads if that becomes an issue

Last edited:
Go go gadget OHKO all non-resists-

After making a team, and having some great success with it (Boulder once 5-0'd a team before they conceeded wth), I have decided to post the first team i can say is actually well thought out:

[Semi] Banded HO Spam
:Iron Boulder: :Kingambit: :Raging Bolt: :Iron Valiant: :Gholdengo: :Enamorus:

[Paradox]
"would you be walled?"
"Nah, I'd OHKO"

Iron Boulder. The Star of the show, and the usual lead. First of all this thing is a Menace, as with booster energy it outspeeds every mon in the tier (excluding Barraskewda in rain (please ban him now he can OHKO like 98% of all teams)), and on top of that, OHKO's every mon that does not resist it (barring Dozo) with a Mighty Cleave Boosted by :Choice Band: ,:Life Orb:,:Stone Plate: and Tera Rock, (for a lot of mons, Tera isn't even necessary), and can 2HKO almost everything else. It is Not Unstoppable, as it really does not want to hit by strong priority users (eg: Scizor, Rillaboom, Kingambit, that damned Rain fish, etc), and struggles against bulky resists such as the Aforementioned Kingambit, Archaludon, (seeing as if you cant deal 75% health in dmg, it wont be killed by another Cleave, and you either switch or die), etc. Overall, when it hits the field on turn one, the opponent is usually going to lose a mon shortly after. If it's not sent in first and enamorus is down, it usually can't OHKO everything anymore, but can still revenge kill weakened mons

kingambit.png

This guy doesn't deserve a funny quote

Kingambit. you know him, you hate(?) him, he's your big bad revenge killer and lategame cleaner. Thinking about it now, you should probably swap either low kick or iron head for SD. There's not much else, but it is important to know that he carries booster energy, so ensure that at least Iron Boulder and Valiant have been sent out before Kingambit dies. It runs Tera Dark to increase dmg output.

[Paradox]
"You know who else is kingambit?-"
*piano music*
"Imaginary Technique: Thunderclap"

Kingambit. you know him, you hate(?) him, he's your- hold on, this is Raging Bolt, not Kingambit, and he's more a of a midgame cleaner, not a lategame one. Raging Bolt, on his first entry, gains a boost equivalent to 3 allies fainted Supreme Overlord, which makes it great for revenge kills and stopping opposing Iron Boulders. It has a similar guessing game to Kingambit's Sucker Punch/Kowtow Cleave, only with Raging bolt, you swap out an oppurtunity to Swords Dance for a pivot. It runs :Sitrus Berry:, which provides a good support to it's teamates (though on futrther consideration, you may want to swap it for :leftovers:. It runs Tera Water for better bulk, but you could run something like Tera Flying to counter ground types, though it really shouldny

iron-valiant.png

"Agency Agency"
I kinda just slapped Iron Valiant on the team just because, It knocks off items, and doesn't do much else. you could probably run SD over taunt. It carries life orb, which gives the rest of the team a much-needed boost.

gholdengo.png

No Trick?
Megamind no bitches Meme Generator - Imgflip
Cheese String's slot was originally filled by :Glimmora:, but after I figured that people would usually run HDB to counter all hazards, I swapped it for Gholdengo, who serves a much better purpose in blocking trick, seeing as how debilitating some of the items can be. It doesn't really have a set tera type, I just have Tera Ghost there for some damage.

Shut up [escaping mon]!
Screenshot 2024-01-04 224200.png
Contrary Tera Stellar Enamorus needs no explanation. It comes in, kills things, and dies freeing the rest of the team from being choice-locked.

thats all lol have fun. :P

Last edited:
While I was going to ask why you had no throat spray on any of your mons, I then realised that like half the team has only echoed voice. ???
Yes, I then eventually modified the team to have a better answer to ghost type, since tricking ring target would not be optimal and added throat spray to the items the team carries. It's an echoed voice team, so it basically spams echoed voice, hence why most of my mons only carry echoed voice as a move. Every turn u use echoed voice the power of the move raises eventually reaching up to 200BP, it doesn't matter if a Pokemon faints and u loose a turn, as long as you keep spamming echoed voice the move will keep on gaining power. That's why I always start with two walls like Chansey and Blissey, so that I can fuel the move a little before any specialized special attacker takes on it. This team is really only just meant for fun since it has still no good answer to ghost type mons, and no mold breaker mons carries echoed voice (afaik), so any sound proof mons wins against me if I don't manage to take care of it efficiently (and choice specs gets me in some trouble). Since I always start with chansey, any dragon dancer mon can easily kill my entire team, especially if moxie.

That's the team so far: https://pokepast.es/7ef80a02adbc4468

I added klutz Golurk so that it can't get trapped by choice specs hoping it could kill some ghost mon. I am totally not sure about this choice but eh, it doesn't matter in the end since it's just a team meant to have fun.

I added klutz Golurk so that it can't get trapped by choice specs hoping it could kill some ghost mon. I am totally not sure about this choice but eh, it doesn't matter in the end since it's just a team meant to have fun.
I actually use Trick and Assault Vest on Klutz Golurk. It's extremely gimmicky, but it can be funny when it works.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharingiscaring-2028317626
I think I have discovered a bug in Sharing is Caring. My opponent used up 6 berries for their Grumpig, yet their Appletun still had an Aguav Berry.
Not a bug, single use items are spread apart for each pokemon but eating a berry does not mean the entire team loses access to the berry. Berries are also determined by RNG so what berry the user is holding is not exactly clear. I can confirm however that Grumpig was not holding an Aguav Berry, so yeah.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Tera, Choice Band and Choice Specs have been banned from Sharing is Caring!
With a unanimous vote regarding Tera, and a 2 to 1 vote on Choice Band and Specs, all three have been banned from Sharing is Caring.

Tera's problems were made even more apparent in Sharing Is Caring where the stacking of multiple multipliers meant much higher damage dealt, further meaning that gaining a new stab (such as Dragonite tera-ing to Normal for STAB Espeed) or reinforcing an old stab and as a result gaining another boost resulted in immensely scary attacks that would delete many resists. Due to the offensive nature of Sharing is Caring, Tera is even more problematic then typical as a result and is as such banned!

Choice Specs and Band were targeted because despite the limitations it was too easy to have multiple amps in effect with Choice'd items providing the biggest boost of 1.5x. Being locked in, however, proved to not be enough to hold this massive boost in damage back enough to be balanced within the framework of Sharing is Caring and is as such banned.

Tagging Kris for implementation, thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry for not really testing it that much, but
:Toxapex::Amoonguss::Slowking-Galar::Pecharunt::Okidogi::Iron Moth:
https://pokepast.es/e19f070a269554d2
This is a lot better set up than the previous version. Pecharunt is great due to its massive defense and random ability to confuse things, and Iron Moth helps with providing power.

Not sure if the meta will start to settle, but I like this team, so I figured I'd share it. Item placements and moves can easily be modified.

Question:
Is booster energy considered too much?

Byleth

Retirement
Ladder is dead and that makes me sad so here's a cool stall I've been running:
:gliscor: :milotic: :skarmory: :skeledirge: :clefable: :whimsicott:
The idea is just to buff gliscor as much as possible but also make the team really defensive to support it. Leftovers + Poison Heal + Boots + Cloak Gliscor is actually straight up toxic under the right conditions and got me to number 7 on the ladder with little problems. The main thing to remember with this team is that after you bring out Gliscor you 100% will need to switch to Clef next no matter what even if that means sacking it otherwise you will lose crucial games like I did at the start when you realize you havent gotten rid of toxic orb and your poisoned skeledirge cant beat serperior.

Anyways IN MY OPINION I think booster energy as an item is a bit silly and makes me not want to even try any sort of offense other than rain without abusing it myself, considering they can take advantage of loaded dice life orb and just absolutely run you over with boosted speed unless your team is suuuuper defensive (still not a guarantee) but overall its been a fun meta when I do find one person every 30 minutes.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Ladder is dead and that makes me sad so here's a cool stall I've been running:
:gliscor: :milotic: :skarmory: :skeledirge: :clefable: :whimsicott:
The idea is just to buff gliscor as much as possible but also make the team really defensive to support it. Leftovers + Poison Heal + Boots + Cloak Gliscor is actually straight up toxic under the right conditions and got me to number 7 on the ladder with little problems. The main thing to remember with this team is that after you bring out Gliscor you 100% will need to switch to Clef next no matter what even if that means sacking it otherwise you will lose crucial games like I did at the start when you realize you havent gotten rid of toxic orb and your poisoned skeledirge cant beat serperior.

Anyways IN MY OPINION I think booster energy as an item is a bit silly and makes me not want to even try any sort of offense other than rain without abusing it myself, considering they can take advantage of loaded dice life orb and just absolutely run you over with boosted speed unless your team is suuuuper defensive (still not a guarantee) but overall its been a fun meta when I do find one person every 30 minutes.
Booster Energy is indeed silly, I've been toying around with the idea of introducing item restrictions instead of flat bans, similar to how Shared Power does it in implementation such that only a single user benefits from a choice band but gets 5 items additional items from it's teammates. In practice most of the team would start with 5 active items instead of the normal six aside from the choice'd user, as an example. This also means there is a larger decision making to be had and less restrictive regarding item bans (only truly broken items will be banned flat out).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)