Metagame Sharing Is Caring

yeah I did some testing involving it and balloon is absolutely broken, it lasts forever but also every pokemon that has a balloon pop also loses their non-balloon item, meaning if you run balloon then any pokemon that gets attacked loses their item forever outside of recycle, so unless they fix it balloon is a direct hinderance to any team that isn't ultra-mega-super weak to ground

Day 1 and yes, we are aware of the bugs present in Sharing is Caring, it is a complicated OM so practice patience or just enjoy the temporary brokenness of the metagame.

Second, we voted on only 1 thing since we feel it is unfair to judge most elements of the metagame under these circumstances but this one aspect!

GiaganticTaxfraudYokoisop
Ban Crit ItemsYesYesYes3/0/0 = Ban

Both Razor Fang and Scope Lens are thus banned from Sharing is Caring!
50% crit is just unbalanced with absolutely no downside which both Life Orb and Choiced items aren't free of unlike it. We don't see a even somewhat operational metagame with Crit items present.

On the argumentation of some in the community we decided to temporarily put on hold all tiering including the aforementioned ban till the OM is fixed.

Other elements that we are watching currently are definitely:
  • Choiced Items
  • Weather
  • Knock Off (especially if items start working as originally stated)
Beyond this I will list some of the bugs noticed in SiC for Kris
Choice band and Choice Specs dont seem to be working correctly they dont lock the pokemon into the move
Eviolite Doesn't appear to be working, Assault Vest applies the no support moves function but it isn't clear whether it is boosting spdef
Consuming one item, consumes all other items, example Consuming Booster Energy causes Weakness policy to be consumed and activate
-Berries are not working correctly instead of consuming the berry when hit by a super effective move it consumes your held item instead (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharingiscaring-1956779579-f26qrdy7k37tnpo17v18nkqu876p2ffpw game where baxcalibur consumed a life orb)
-items still affect ur teammates even after the pokemon with the item has been fainted (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharingiscaring-1956851626-lbtqgrqxaelpyftu0bgnvq188cycbsbpw game where meowscarada had a toxic orb but even after it fainted it still poisoned the rest of the team)
-consumable items like mirror herb also have the same problem as berries they just consume ur current held item
- itemless mons can't use items from teammates
Battle crashed https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9sharingiscaring-1957109127

Pinging Kris to alert to the bugs, thanks as a always! :D
Are the crit items still getting banned as soon as the bugs get fixed or will there be another vote

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Are the crit items still getting banned as soon as the bugs get fixed or will there be another vote
Not necessarily, I think we have to make a decision regarding the direction of the metagame, in theory the crit items are side-grades to specific stacking plates / boosting items like black glasses. In regards to the direction I think we have to embrace the idea that the metagame will predominantly be offense, and balance it around that point.

this doesn't take into account that both players have access to Knock Off, and you do have some control over what gets knocked and what doesn't. Now I'm not saying that it won't be broken, it very well might be, but that's to be seen once the bugs are fixed and the more immediately broken stuff is axed, and it's definitely not as broken as you make it out to be in this post.
It does account for it. If you knock off in this meta, you're directly affecting all 6 of your opponent's Pokémon with one unblockable move. Everyone can Knock Off, so you have to build teams that resist Knock Off. Sometimes bring 2 of the same item, even though they don't stack. Sometimes bring a mon like Masked Ogerpon that isn't affected by Knock Off.
This is, again, all theory since the metagame (as originally envisioned) is still unplayable, but I think Knock Off is so spammable, has so much reward and is so widely spread, that there is almost zero reason not to run it and block it in your team. When a move is that centralizing, imo it hurts team flexibility/creativity (imagine running 6 different items instead of 4/5 with duplicates in case they get knocked off) and should probs deserve a suspect. then again, this is all theory.

Also it's obviously not the biggest problem in this meta right now, so don't worry, no need to hurry. I just personally think a Knock Off-less metagame would have more interesting team compositions, but I can't say / observe anything about it in practice since the metagame technically isn't playable yet.

Does the council have a stance on Weakness Policy and other single activation items popping when an item elsewhere in the party is supposed to activate or on consumables elsewhere in the party using up non-consumables? I know it's currently a coding issue, but does the council think it should stay for a bit or be removed when the code is fixed?

Does the council have a stance on Weakness Policy and other single activation items popping when an item elsewhere in the party is supposed to activate or on consumables elsewhere in the party using up non-consumables? I know it's currently a coding issue, but does the council think it should stay for a bit or be removed when the code is fixed?
absolutely no. a free boost like that is crazy

RoFnA

Vegan funktioniert ned
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Unfortunately, the metagame's mechanics seems completely broken as of right now. I've had two matches now when a Random Pokemon will switch after taking no damage and immediately proc Weakness Policy.
View attachment 557431
Other issues I've came across are Maushold eating its protective pads,
View attachment 557432
and item display being incorrect on tricked/knocked off items.
This metagame seems fun, but I'm not sure I want to play it right now until it is mechanically fixed.
poor Maushold got forced into eating Protective pads :( that must have tasted awful

Since the meta is getting fixed, here is my theorymon take on stall:
:Chansey::Dusclops::Toxapex::Gastrodon::Dipplin::Sableye:
https://pokepast.es/c69873121beb964d
Not really sure how beneficial leftovers + Heavy Duty boots are on Chansey, but it seems cool. Has Two Sticky hold mons to help protect from Knock Off and Trick. Protect + Disable is to have some defenses against Choice items. Light Clay allows every any mon to set up 7 turn screens. I'm expecting removing Heavy Duty Boots to be difficult, so there is less usage of hazards. Utility Umbrella seems to be one of the only defensive items I could think of that might help.

Considering that Protect is probably going to be a good move with choice locks running around, here is Black Sludge + Leftovers team:
:Toxapex::Slowking-Galar::Amoonguss::Muk-Alola::Weezing::Moltres:
https://pokepast.es/b09ac4df15bce29c
Regen spam + healing during protect. Not sure how good it will be, but seems fun. Grassy Surge might have been a smart option to add extra recovery and protect against EQ, did not think of it at the time.

I'm wondering if the likes of :Scyther: can find a place with the combo of Boots + Eviolite.

Iron Ball + Trick to Support Ground types sounds cool, though I realized that you could probably intentionally KO the mon with Iron Ball, so I don't really know how to work with it atm.

Can't figure out how to make use of Harvest yet. Perhaps a Pseudo Heal Bell sort of thing with Lum Berry could work. Maybe Something for resistances, or the berry that lets you move first.

Too bad :Hoopa-Unbound: might be the only worthwhile user of Magician. It already has Knock Off anyway, so I'm unsure it is worth it to try to give it a consumable item such as Eject Pack, so it can steal an item later.

I have a question. This might be confusing but bear with me.

I have Iron Moth and Iron Val. Moth is holding Boots while Val is holding Booster Energy. I send Moth out and Booster Energy triggers. Do I now lose my Booster Energy on Iron Val?

In the bugged state, you would lose your boots I think, the idea is that it is supposed to activate moth’s own booster energy though, not valiant’s, for how it is supposed to work
Ok, so I tested, and what would happen is that Iron Val would have have Booster Energy, and Iron Moth would still have Boots, but Iron Moth would not get Booster Energy boosts a second time.

Made an interesting team since Sharing is Caring is the upcoming Leader's Choice. https://pokepast.es/e02f69c3aff393f1
It is an offensive team that utilizes the Eject Pack item (any stat drop causes a switch). This item works very well with moves such as Draco Meteor, and Psycho Boost since the attack drop is not ideal. This team also always has a mon that can switch out with Blaziken Close Combat (you can switch to Overheat or U-Turn if you want to), Deoxys-Speed with Psycho Boost, Manaphy with Flip Turn, Dragapult with Draco Meteor and U-Turn, Meowscarada with U-Turn, and Gholdengo with Make It Rain. Gholdengo is one of the most important mons on the team since it is immune to Gholdengo so make sure to keep it healthy.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
With the removal of the rule that says fainted mons don't share items (Gia remove it from the op <_<), I think banning a few offensive items will be needed, may begin by banning the crit items if you want, but I doubt it will be enough to prevent this from allowing a lot of dumb breakers, embracing the high powerlevel may be fine, but something still has to be done to find a good balance between items enabling too many things and silly abusers, specially when anything could be carrying almost any item.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
In anticipation of Sharing is Caring being Leader's Choice after being fixed this coming January, the council has agreed that the following Pokemon are banned.

Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Base, Ho-Oh, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Necrozma-Dawn Wing, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Reshriam, Solgaleo, Terapagos, Zekrom

Ping Kris for implementation, thanks as always!

Since the meta is getting fixed, here is my theorymon take on stall:
:Chansey::Dusclops::Toxapex::Gastrodon::Dipplin::Sableye:
https://pokepast.es/c69873121beb964d
Not really sure how beneficial leftovers + Heavy Duty boots are on Chansey, but it seems cool. Has Two Sticky hold mons to help protect from Knock Off and Trick. Protect + Disable is to have some defenses against Choice items. Light Clay allows every any mon to set up 7 turn screens. I'm expecting removing Heavy Duty Boots to be difficult, so there is less usage of hazards. Utility Umbrella seems to be one of the only defensive items I could think of that might help.

Considering that Protect is probably going to be a good move with choice locks running around, here is Black Sludge + Leftovers team:
:Toxapex::Slowking-Galar::Amoonguss::Muk-Alola::Weezing::Moltres:
https://pokepast.es/b09ac4df15bce29c
Regen spam + healing during protect. Not sure how good it will be, but seems fun. Grassy Surge might have been a smart option to add extra recovery and protect against EQ, did not think of it at the time.

I'm wondering if the likes of :Scyther: can find a place with the combo of Boots + Eviolite.

Iron Ball + Trick to Support Ground types sounds cool, though I realized that you could probably intentionally KO the mon with Iron Ball, so I don't really know how to work with it atm.

Can't figure out how to make use of Harvest yet. Perhaps a Pseudo Heal Bell sort of thing with Lum Berry could work. Maybe Something for resistances, or the berry that lets you move first.

Too bad :Hoopa-Unbound: might be the only worthwhile user of Magician. It already has Knock Off anyway, so I'm unsure it is worth it to try to give it a consumable item such as Eject Pack, so it can steal an item later.
With the OM (hopefully) coming back in January, I feel like the dipplin being changed into a hydrapple will be something.
Idk what, but it will be something.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
OM Leader
Finally after eons since it's creation and broken state, Sharing is Caring is now LC Om of the Moth and with this we voted on something that technically we already banned but it has remained broken in our view and would rather nip it in the bud earlier then later.

Razar Fang and Scope Lens have both been banned from Sharing is Caring.
Reasoning is quite simple, combining both results in a 50% crit chance, combine that with high crit chance moves and it is 100% result in both inconsistent spikes in damage, or just out right broken damage output. Worst still, any sort of defensive counterplay (keeping in mind the meta is new and is gonna always be very offensive) is basically dead in the water due to a combination of the naturally high damage output in SiC plus the fundamental attributes of Critical Hits ie, the ignoring of Defenses, and stat drops (meaning you can spam draco).

Abusers were dark types with Night Slash, Ogerpon (especially cornerstone) with Ivy Cudgel, Dragapult, etc...

All 3 council people agreed unanimously on ban (as we did originally).

Tagging Kris for implementation, thanks as always <3.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/6ea4673b634c21dc

multipliers are fun ft. no items allowed. trick is probably unnecessary but knock off is clicked 99% of the time anyways so its fine for super fringe cases. pivot into corv if any of your funny number enhancers are in danger of dying, and slow pivot back into the next up on your conga line of breakers. agressive tera dark on valiant/RM blows past absolutely everything it feels like, nothing can afford to eat a knock off this juiced on the switch with the given coverage backing it up

not high enough on ladder to say if this is a legitimate strategy but at absolute worst it WILL steal wins for its explosive snowbally nature

edit: bulk up corv is understandably questionable, i think i was running hdb at one point so defog was mostly useless and bulk up will at least pressure the opponent to act - its mostly superficial though, any slow very bulky pivot would work here, corv just has nice typing

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)