SP Shared Power - Survey at post 418

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Pressure doesn't seem to work properly, is this a bug or intended somehow?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1744361378-2otmx62c5u1ulbkxigpusrqq4ongzs0pw
On turn 44 I throw by clicking Roost instead of attacking, and my opponent sets up Substitute. I keep playing it out because I know that my Corviknight's original ability is Pressure, and I can outlast 8 uses of Substitute. But its BP is being reduced normally for some reason, and I lose as a result.
Pressure only affects moves that target you.

KaenSoul

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
:sv/houndstone:
I think a lot of people were like me and couldn't really decide on what to vote until recently, as the meta developed new forms to fight Fluffly-Stamina-Ice Scales teams appeared like Punching Glove Palafin, and in the other hand there are people that see other elements of those teams as problematic with Houndstone just being a smaller piece of them, some of those variants may still require a nerf though.

:sv/espathra:
Opportunist allows some of those variants to easily fight back set up sweepers, preventing a good number of wallbreakers to do their jobs, as attacking before boosting would just result in giving Stamina boosts, limiting the counterplay to mostly crits or trying to OHKO the walls and bulky set up sweepers before they boost their defenses and sweep you.

:sv/sableye: :sv/klefki:
Prankster has been enabling a lot of the most dangerous stuff this month and I think it may be time to remove it as it just keep appearing, on Fluffly-Stamina-Ice Scales teams it allows the use of set up moves like QD, CM, BU and ID before the opponent can attack, so you can keep increasing your bulk, while also providing with Status effects from Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave, and nasty stuff like Destiny Bond that is also been used in offensive teams to force 50/50 against other offensive teams. Prankster also let Berry teams to keep spamming Substitutes to stall for turns while getting their Berries back, now often paired with Revival Blessing to keep coming back and PP stall you to dead, this also works on other kind of teams thanks to Prankster Sleep Talk. And as most of the moves abused with Prankster don't target the opponent, they don't have to worry about Psychic Surge.

:sv/garganacl:
Giving immunity to status effects like Poison and Burn to all your walls on top of a Ghost resist makes Purifying Salt a really powerful ability, this completely prevents some of the possible counterplay like Toxic (unless you want to use Toedscruel) and Toxic Spikes, even if they come from Corrosion. Garganacl is also a decent wincon on Fluffly-Stamina-Ice Scales teams thanks to Iron Defense + Body Press on something with reliable recovery, unlike its partner Mudsdale.

:sv/frosmoth: :sv/mudsdale:
The other two main parts of the core often receive calls for action, but I don't really see either as a problem, they can easily be overwhelmed, Chi-Yu has made possible to break pass Ice Scales much easier than last gen. Stamina is still a fair target but when not paired with the previous abilities is quite easy to ignore as the defensive boost it provides is quite, slow, as not attacking until you have all 6 abilities active or setting up before attacking is often enough to completely ignore Stamina.

The council will be voting on this stuff soon, but first I would like to know what others think, at least I think we should only remove Opportunist and Prankster, but what about you? Feel free to share your opinion here, or in the OM discord or in the Showdown OM room.
After that is solved, I would also like to know what people think about other stuff, like Psychic Surge, or may even free some stuff, with Houndstone staying we could free Chien-Pao, as HO has received a series of nerfs since we banned it.

Pressure doesn't seem to work properly, is this a bug or intended somehow?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9sharedpower-1744361378-2otmx62c5u1ulbkxigpusrqq4ongzs0pw
On turn 44 I throw by clicking Roost instead of attacking, and my opponent sets up Substitute. I keep playing it out because I know that my Corviknight's original ability is Pressure, and I can outlast 8 uses of Substitute. But its BP is being reduced normally for some reason, and I lose as a result.
pressure only reduces pp of attacking moves.

NoobHereWaddup

Tri Attack will freeze
is a Tiering Contributor
Wanted to share some teams before the month ends (also in case anyone asks i already answered the form lol)
Presenting: the atrocity that is defensive rain teams:
Dry Skin Spam:
:sv/pelipper::sv/toxicroak::sv/corviknight::sv/frosmoth::sv/garganacl::sv/houndstone:

Faced a team with this concept on ladder while trying to get reqs for the suspect test, 200+ turn match lol. The pokepaste is my take on the team

The idea is to simply stall and heal of any damage with dry skin and set up with frosmoth whenever possible, beats other bulky teams thanks to pressure corv and completely shuts down rain teams thanks to dry skin.
Since i know you'll ask, tera rock on houndstone was only there since it got destroyed by rocky payload skill link teams, if you dont really feel like thats a problem feel free to change back to tera ghost.

Hydration Spam:
:sv/pelipper::sv/vaporeon::sv/klefki::sv/houndstone::sv/frosmoth::sv/mudsdale:
Heres my take on a defensive rain team.
Abusing prankster to use rest, then wake up thanks to hydration is the main idea for this team (and slight hazard spam). Your offensive threat is vaporeon, who now has access to calm mind.
Two trick choice users may seem odd but you can also use houndstone as a sort of sweeper with last respects. Went with tera ground on vaporeon for the electric immunity, but you can go any other defensive typing really. (also purifying salt makes rest fail in case you didnt know)

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Now the second post has a Viability List, it is divided in 3 sections to make it easier to find the stuff you may need.(I'm reposting it in this post, but only the one in the first page will be updated).
We will be also accepting sample teams, if you got any interesting teams, post them here or send them directly to me.
And last, a reminder of the survey, your answers may have an impact on the next council vote.

Viability List:
Offensive Donors
(Check this if you want to add power to your team)
High
:basculin: Basculin (Adaptability)
:chi-yu: Chi-Yu (Beads of Ruin)
:copperajah: Copperajah (Sheer Force)
:delibird: Delibird (Hustle)
:dragalge: Dragalge (Adaptability)
:gallade: Gallade (Sharpness)
:flutter mane: Flutter Mane (Protosynthesis)
:kingambit: Kingambit (Supreme Overlord)
:maushold: Maushold (Technician)
:lycanroc-Dusk: Lycanroc-Dusk (Tough Claws)
:Lycanroc-Midnight: Lycanroc-Midnight (No Guard)
:pawmot: Pawmot (Iron Fist)
:scizor: Scizor (Technician)
:sylveon: Sylveon (Pixilate)

Mid
:braviary: Braviary (Sheer Force, Defiant)
:breloom: Breloom (Technician)
:cloyster: Cloyster (Skill Link)
:drifblim: Drifblim (Flare Boost)
:flamigo: Flamigo (Scrappy)
:flapple: Flapple (Hustle)
:honchkrow: Honchkrow (Super Luck)
:iron bundle: Iron Bundle (Quark Drive)
:quaquaval: Quaquaval (Moxie)
:scovillain: Scovillain (Chlorophyll)
:squawkabilly: Squawkabilly (Hustle, Sheer Force)
:toxtricity: Toxtricity (Punk Rock)
:vivillon-fancy: Vivillon (Compound Eyes)

Low
:bombirdier: Bombirdier (Rocky Payload)
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge (Weak Armor)
:cetitan: Cetitan (Sheer Force)
:charizard: Charizard (Solar Power)
:clawitzer: Clawitzer (Mega Launcher)
:dugtrio: Dugtrio (Sand Force)
:great tusk: Great Tusk (Protosynthesis)
:gumshoos: Gumshoos (Adaptability, Strong Jaw)
:hariyama: Hariyama (Sheer Force)
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Sand Force)
:iron valiant: Iron Valiant (Quark Drive)
:meowscarada: Meowscarada (Protean)
:roaring moon: Roaring Moon (Protosynthesis)
:staraptor: Staraptor (Reckless)
:sudowoodo: Sudowoodo (Rock Head)
:talonflame: Talonflame (Gale Wings)
:toxapex: Toxapex (Merciless)
:veluza: Veluza (Sharpness)

Defensive/Utility Donors
(Check this if you want to improve your defenses or want general utility)
High
:appletun: Appletun (Rippen)
:arboliva: Arboliva (Harvest)
:dachsbun: Dachsbun (Well-Baked Body)
:dragonite: Dragonite (Multiscale)
:espathra: Espathra (Opportunist)
:farigiraf: Farigiraf (Cud Chew)
:frosmoth: Frosmoth (Ice Scales)
:garganacl: Garganacl (Purifying Salt)
:greedent: Greedent (Cheek Punch, Gluttony)
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl (Prankster)
:houndstone: Houndstone (Fluffy)
:indeedee: Indeedee-Male (Psychic Surge)
:klefki: Klefki (Prankster)
:mudsdale: Mudsdale (Stamina)
:pawmot: Pawmot (Volt Absorb, Natural Cure)
:pelipper: Pelipper (Drizzle)
:wo-chien: Wo-Chien (Tablets of Ruin)

Mid
:clodsire: Clodsire (Water Absorb)
:cloyster: Cloyster (Shell Armor)
:garchomp: Garchomp (Rough Skin)
:gastrodon-east: Gastrodon (Storm Drain, Sticky Hold)
:glimmora: Glimmora (Toxic Debris, Corrosion)
:grafaiai: Grafaiai (Prankster)
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (Sand Stream)
:sableye: Sableye (Prankster)
:salazzle: Salazzle (Corrosion)
:swalot: Swalot (Gluttony)
:tauros-Paldea-Fire: Tauros-Fire/Tauros-Water (Cud Chew)
:toedscruel: Toedscruel (Mycelium Might)
:torkoal: Torkoal (Shell Armor)
:toxicroak: Toxicroak (Dry Skin)
:tyranitar: Tyranitar (Sand Stream)
:Vaporeon: Vaporeon (Hydration)

Low
:abomasnow: Abomasnow (Snow Warning)
:arcanine: Arcanine (Flash Fire)
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge (Flash Fire)
:coalossal: Coalossal (Flash Fire)
:dondozo: Dondozo (Oblivious)
:dudunsparce: Dudunsparce (Serene Grace)
:goodra: Goodra (Hydration)
:grumpig: Grumpig (Gluttony)
:mabosstiff: Mabosstiff (Guard Dog)
:oinkologne: Oinkologne M/F (Gluttony)
:orthworm: Orthworm (Earth Eater)
:revavroom: Revavroom (Filter)
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash (Levitate)
:sawsbuck: Sawsbuck (Serene Grace)
:tropius: Tropius (Harvest)

Other Pokémon (They don't come with the best abilities for the meta, but are still worth using for other factors)
High
:Annihilape: Annihilape (Defiant)
:Corviknight: Corviknight (Pressure, Unnerve)
:Palafin-Hero: Palafin (None)
:rabsca: Rabsca (Synchronize)

Mid
:dragapult: Dragapult (Clear Body, Infiltrator)
:volcarona: Volcarona (Flame Body)

Low
:blissey: Blissey (Natural Cure)
:chansey: Chansey (Natural Cure)
:Cyclizar: Cyclizar (Shed Skin)
:lucario: Lucario (Inner Focus)
:mimikyu: Mimikyu (None)

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Thanks to everyone who answered the survey, the answers have been made public and can be seen here.
We had them on mid while voting and results are the following:
Prankster and Purifying Salt have been quick banned! And so did Bright Powder too!
KaenSoulChrome8ponchlakeClefablekennukemResult
PranksterBANBANBANDNBBANBanned
OpportunistBANBANDNBDNBDNBNo Action
Purifying SaltDNBBANAbstainBANBANBanned
Psychic SurgeDNBDNBDNBAbstainAbstainNo Action
Bright PowderBANBANBANBANBANBanned

:klefki: :sableye: :grimmsnarl: :grafaiai:
Prankster was used to enable a big number of strategies, and among them there were plenty that were broken, when paired with defensive abilities it lets bulky set up sweepers like Annihilape, Frosmoth and Espathra boost their defenses or use utility moves like Taunt and Substitute before the opponent could respond, defensive Pokémon could spread status effects like Burn and Para to quickly shut down the breakers or spam defensive boosting moves to be much harder to take down, Berry teams could spam moves like Substitute, Leech Seed and Revival Blessing to safely stall. There were also non-team specific uses like Destiny Bond to trade kill and force some 50/50 mind games or Sleep Talk + Revival Blessing.

:garganacl:
Purifying Salt allowed set up sweepers and walls to completely ignore status effects, reducing their possible counterplay as you could no longer Burn or Toxic them, on top of a Ghost resist giving them an easier time against wall breakers like Flutter Mane, Ceruledge and other Ghost types. Without it, Poison related strategies can be viable again, defensive teams should now watch out for Corrosion teams and Toxic Spikes users like Dragalge.

:bright powder:
This is mostly to move to the complete Evasion Clause, as Evasion related moves and abilities are already banned this was the only element left to remove.

Dragonite was excluded as it would be dependent on Psychic Surge's result, Revival Blessing meanwhile should be more balanced now that Prankster is gone, but we should still pay attention to it. Dazzling clones and Guts were suggested for an unban and would like to know what other people think about them.

Kris we can always count on you to implement changes.
Happy holidays everyone.

I'm a bit upset by the prankster ban, feels like it moved rather quickly? It was 4 days between mention of it being discussed as problematic and getting banned, was planning an anti-ban post but didn't get a chance to write it out! In short, I think as an ability Prankster supported a lot of playstyles without being broken. I know dbond, pressure stall and berry strats are perceived as cheese or whatever but you'd be incredibly hard pressed to call any of them broken, and strats like this that move beyond stacking offensive or defensive abilities being genuinely threatening is part of what makes SP such a fun meta. Not only that, it seems a lot of the ban argument comes from the perspective of Prankster being abused with bulky set up and I think it should have been given a chance to see if it's still particularly an issue with purifying salt gone. Especially when prankster haze was itself a really handy answer to bulky set up for defensive teams!

KaenSoul

Community Leader
I'm a bit upset by the prankster ban, feels like it moved rather quickly? It was 4 days between mention of it being discussed as problematic and getting banned, was planning an anti-ban post but didn't get a chance to write it out! In short, I think as an ability Prankster supported a lot of playstyles without being broken. I know dbond, pressure stall and berry strats are perceived as cheese or whatever but you'd be incredibly hard pressed to call any of them broken, and strats like this that move beyond stacking offensive or defensive abilities being genuinely threatening is part of what makes SP such a fun meta. Not only that, it seems a lot of the ban argument comes from the perspective of Prankster being abused with bulky set up and I think it should have been given a chance to see if it's still particularly an issue with purifying salt gone. Especially when prankster haze was itself a really handy answer to bulky set up for defensive teams!
Oh, that's fair, you can still make an anti ban post and have the discussion moving around, we are mostly taking advantage of being omotm to have some fast tiering while people are still paying a lot of attention to the tier. Wish it was any other month, so people had more time to comment, I like discussion.
Depending on how things go, we may suspect down some stuff next time we have a ladder, I'm open to any criticism on the current ban list. Until then, the format will mostly live on friendly games and room tours, we may host room tours with a custom ban list in the OM room if people ask for them.

I do believe the problems with Prankster go a bit beyond bulky set up, other than what I mentioned on previous posts, we now have to add Corrosion teams that are looking quite promising and could make good use of priority Toxic and Substitute to stall people to dead as we just banned its main enemy and Game Freak took care of Immunity by limiting it to Zangoose. And while I like plenty of the uses we can give to Prankster, the ladder made it clear that there are way too many cheesy strats and other stuff enabled by it that have a quite limited counter play outside of HO priority spam. But that's just my opinion.

I got to the highs of top 25 with on ladder with my current build, the best I have ever done in Shared Power, so now's the time to risk my beloved ladder placements in the hope of furthering discussion. Hopefully someone more competent can take this concept further.

You know Palafin. Most fear Pixelnite. Now it is time to bring to light the difficult third album of HO priority Spam. Steely Spirit Scizor. This is the team I have been using.
https://pokepast.es/7189a27ecca8cf32

If you have seen other hyper offense teams on the ladder, there should be few surprises here. Keep the star of the show Scizor safe until the abilities are set up, preferably get rocks up to break sash, bring Scizor in on a revenge kill, Set up the One Punch Man theme on Youtube, Tera Steel for even more power and go to town. Steely Spirit provides a 50% damage buff to Steel type moves like Bullet Punch. On top of the usual suspects Adaptability and Hustle/Noguard with Moxie to keep the snowball going and Scizor's Bullet Punch can be doing ludicrous damage. I started with Choice Band, but I moved to Punching Glove so that Scizor can bypass Fluffy, allowing Scizor to OHKO Fluffy Houndstone at +1 (or Copperjah. That was a laugh). Get two KOs or an SD Boost, and now you are one shotting Fluffy Stamina Corviknight. WITH BULLET PUNCH.

The main downsides of this team is Psychic Surge ruins it, Enough Physical Bulk and Iron Defense can stop it before it gets going (hence the special moves on Flapple and Basculin) and you have to use Perrserker, making the team relatively inflexible. Still, Shuca berry Perrserker can theoretically handle Pixelnite at +1, using fake out and iron head. Assault Vest seems ok too. The fact this setup works quite well against Pixelnite is one of the most interesting things, even if I was lucky not to run into Pixilate that much. It usually loses to Palafin though, maybe we can build a HO weapon triangle?

I wonder whether the following comp also has potential.
https://pokepast.es/0c4983afc756d906
Same idea, just swapped No Guard and Hustle for Tough Claws and Iron Fist. Fewer special attackers, but it does gain Revival Blessing, allowing Scizor to come back for a second try if the first sweep doesn't work out.

Have fun, and Merry Christmas.

After complaining about other abilities and trashtalking stall for weeks in Other Metas room in Pokemon Showdown, i have finally built a pretty viable strategy that beats a lot of shared power team archetypes or at least tries to do so. I have laddered to 1400+ with this strategy which should mean the team is pretty solid.

Here it is: https://pokepast.es/cec5c65a2953d12d

Any team that can't outspeed the mons or outstall the sun and doesn't have Flash Fire/Well-Baked Body is utterly destroyed by this team. The playstyle for this team is simple: you safely try to switch in all your mons and then setup the Sunny Day. Klefki does the job most of the time, but if Klefki has fainted before getting a chance to setup Sunny Day or its Sunny Day got outstalled while it's fainted, Flutter Mane can serve as a solid backup Sunny Day setter and might as well run Heat Rock as an item if you want to make sure your Sun won't get outstalled. After the Sun is up, it's clever to switch into Indedee in order to shield your team from priority moves like Jet Punch, Bullet Punch or Extreme Killer. Indedee can run Life Orb for some solid damage or Terrain Extender for long lasting terrain. Cetitan can be swapped out for any Sheer Force mon, but it's good to have some solid physical coverage. Before you copy this team and start laddering, you should consider several things which are Prankster ban and Weather teams

Since Prankster is getting banned, you can swap out Klefki for another pretty threatening pokemon or anything else really and making Flutter Mane primary Sun setter. Unlike priority spam teams which usually have no chance against Psychic Surge teams, this team can also play around Drizzle/Sand Stream teams. Most Drizzle teams belong into Bulky Rain healing kind of team archetype which means mons are usually pretty slow compared to the mons in this team, meanwhile Sand Stream isn't really seen that much in this Metagame, but usually also consists of relatively slow mons.

I hope you enjoy playing with this team and Merry Christmas!

Topping the ladder with my Prankster bond team was fun while it lasted. Even got a few cool uses of Torment support (:Klefki:) alongside taunts (:Lycanroc-Midnight:), destiny bonds (:delibird:, :gallade:, :Houndstone:), encores (:Pawmot:), tricked scarfs (:Houndstone:), and even occasional tera immunity mixups (:Delibird:, :gallade:).

Team below. Not that it'll do much good since prankster bond as a team style will basically cease to be once the ban of prankster officially updates, but it's not everyday that you can call a Christmas Theme Team viable (yes, I only called Gallade Mistletoe because it's green & yes I had draining kiss on Klefki begire dazzling gleam. Sue me). Delibird probably enjoys having spikes or ice shard as opposed to aerial ace or counter in place of avalanche.

https://pokepast.es/b72668f202550f0e

:blobshrug:

All the Tera have been useful at least once. The rarest examples were the controversial Tera Poison on Klefki (To soak up T-spikes occasionally) & Tera Water on Houndstone (For emergencies vs Palafin, steel for Dragonite or normal for other hounds would've probably been better though).

Merry Christmas everyone, brought to you by Santa :delibird: & Mrs. Claws :Lycanroc-Midnight:.

Attachments

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Community Leader

KaenSoul

Community Leader
What about Chlorophyll ? All other weather Speed Boost already ban and it s a combo with protosynthetis
There is no need to touch Chlorophyll, as Drought was banned instead, unlike the other weathers Sun has two speed boosting abilities and banning Protosynthesis would result in the ban of 7 Pokémon.

There is no need to touch Chlorophyll, as Drought was banned instead, unlike the other weathers Sun has two speed boosting abilities and banning Protosynthesis would result in the ban of 7 Pokémon.
Sunny day is not ban and a lot of pokemon can use it no ?
Without Swift swim ban or sand rush ban you could see team with rain Dance etc
It's just a question of equality Why not ban the only weather boost which also Boost protosynthetis
You really never face against this combo ?

Last edited:

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Sunny day is not ban and à lot of pokemon can use it
You really never face against this combo ?
Manually setting up Sunny Day is too weak of a strategy for us to even consider taking action on Chlorophyll or Protosynthesis. We also just hit Prankster as well, meaning those teams are even weaker now having lost their best means of setting up Sun. If you are struggling against those teams, you can ask in here or in the OM chatroom on PS for feedback on your teams. Otherwise, there are no plans for Chlorophyll (or Protosynthesis) for the foreseeable future.

A pretty fun team, with some insane damage

It's basically making Gigaton Hammer as ridiculous as possible, to the point where there is no pokemon that can survive.

The combo of Adaptability + Steely Spirit + the fact it ignores fluffy as a non-contact move make the hammer unwallabe

Nailing stall with the hammer

Here's a fun calc
+2 252 Atk Steely Spirit Tera Steel Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dondozo: 474-558 (94 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

KaenSoul

Community Leader
Hey fellas, now that our time as OMotM is coming to an end, I feel like making a cool post to explain the relevant archetypes/structures in the tier. And I think the tier is in a fine state, with multiple viable strategies, I may have forgotten some.

Special Attackers oriented HO:
Main core
:chi yu: :dragalge:
Thanks to Chi-Yu it is much easier to break pass Ice Scales than last gen, but most of the time Chi-Yu isn't the one actually breaking the defensive cores as it is quite easy for them to prepare for its STABs, so you pass the ability and let the rest of the team do the job. We are in a lack of options for Special Attackers with good abilities, so this kind of teams usually run around two physical attackers that can pass strong abilities, like Supreme Overlord Kingambit, and a Sheer Force user like Copperajah or Braviary. Indeedee-M deserves a mention here, while useful on any team that doesn't use Priority too much, it has a special place in this archetype as it can take advantage of all the abilities used in them and become a powerful wall breaker and sweeper.
This was my main team for the second half of the month:
https://pokepast.es/1e7a5a560160f2f7

Palafin Priority Spam HO:
Main core
:palafin-hero: :scizor:
Thanks to Punching Gloves letting Palafin break pass Fluffy, this archetype become a natural enemy of Fat and can easily beat other HO teams, as long as they don't involve Psychic Surge, that has been on the rise as of lately. For this kind of teams, you try to fit stuff that power-ups Palafin, and sure is compatible with a lot of stuff thanks to Jet Pounch being a 60BP Punching move that is boosted by Sheer Force because of reasons. Scizor provides Tech while taking advantage of the other abilities and being a good check to Pixie team, then there is Pelipper for Rain, Pawmot for Iron Fist, Quaquaval for Moxie, Copperajah for Sheer Force, among other options. Is an interesting structure, as Palafin doesn't provide an ability to the rest of the team.

Fat:
Main core
:houndstone: :mudsdale: :frosmoth:
This was heavily nerfed lately and while still popular, it sure feels a lot weaker. You pretty much stack the best defensive abilities available (Fluffy, Stamina and Ice Scales) and from there build a hard stall, a bulky offensive team or some kind of balance. If you are using Fluffy, something you must also have is a way to handle Fire moves, the most popular option has become Well-Baked Body Dachsbun, but you can also try with Flash Fire users like Arcanine or with Drizzle from Pelipper. Espathra is also a key member as thanks to Opportunist you can ignore opposite set up sweepers if used correctly. Wo-Chien also offers a powerful defensive ability you may try to fit to not lose too hard to physical oriented teams that can ignore Fluffy or Stamina. A way to beat opposite fat is important if you want to end games in less than 24 hours, Annihilape is a great wall breaker to use here, but some prefer to double down on stall and run Pressure Corviknight.

Sharpness HO:
Main core
:gallade: :maushold:
Population Bomb is everyone's favorite gen 9 meme, and a fun game to play with your friends involving it is "who can find the strongest combination for a nuclear bomb Maushold?". Trying to focus solely on Maushold doesn't usually end well but there is a lot you can do to get a good team out of it, Sharpness is a fantastic ability compatible with the move and Gallade isn't bad either for a donor. When playing with multi hits moves is important to have options to break pass Stamina, Sacred Sword is good there but immunities and resists make it quite easy for it to fail as its job, to get around this a second answer to Stamina like Super Luck can be quite good and Honchkrow has two sharp-boosted stab moves in Night Slash and Aerial Ace. Some other Pokémon you find on this kind of teams are Supreme Overlord Kingambit, a hustle user like Flapple paired with No Guard Lycanroc-Midnight, Scrappy Flamigo to hit Ghost-Types with your Normal and Fighting moves, and Indeedee-M to not lose against priority teams.

Pixilate-Multiscale Bulky Offense:
Main core
:dragonite: :sylveon:
Dragonite has become one of the scariest Pokémon in the tier, it not only provides the team with a powerful defensive ability in Multiscale, it also has a strong priority move in Extreme Speed that this structure tries to take to the next level, by turning it into a Fairy move and then turning Dragonite into a Fairy-Type with either Protean or Tera. Toxtricity is popular on this kind of teams, thanks to Punk Rock it can destroy defensive cores with a powerful Boomburst and can use Shift Gear to outspeed Psychic Surge teams. From there, you look for ways to power-up both Physical and Special moves at the same time like Adaptability from either Basculin or Dragalge and Surpeme Overlord Kingambit, and maybe a few things more that can give you a stronger Extreme Speed without caring about the special side like Tough Claws.

Sun HO:
Main core
:scovillain: :flutter mane:
While maybe not the best option out there, if played correctly it can beat all the other offensive teams as nothing can match your speed thanks to Chlorophyll, you can also use Protosysthesis to go even faster, but it may be better to get the offensive boost from it most of the time. Psychic Surge is quite important here to not lose to priority, and then you need power to not lose to fat, Sun can be physical or special oriented, so you can try to fit most of the same options the other offensive teams use.

Merciless-Corrosion:
Main core
:toxapex: :salazzle: :glimmora:
With the Purifying Salt ban spamming status effects has become a viable strategy again, Corrosion and Toxic Debris let you Poison whole teams and then Merciless gives you a nice power boost. This structure still needs to be explored more, but can be found paired with Fat for some toxic stalling. Dragonite has a nice place on this kind of teams as it offers both, defensive qualities on Multiscale and offensive power in Merciless boosted Extreme Speed.

Berries:
Main core
:arboliva: :greedent: :appletun:
While the Prankster ban affected most teams, this one was hit the hardest, it is still viable but requires help from Fat cores to survive hits and that often makes it hard to fit all the berry related abilities you need for the team to work, Harvest, Cheek Pouch, Rippen, Cud Chew and Gluttony.
A popular option on this kind of teams is Pawmot for an infinite Revival Blessing thanks to Harvest and Leppa Berry.

Gale Wings HO:
Main core
:talonflame: :staraptor:
Not that popular, but still worth mentioning, Gale Wings is a quite strong ability and when paired with Rock Head from Sudowoodo or Basculin-Blue you don't have to fear the recoil from Brave Bird. Another unique option this kind of teams have is Serene Grace Air Slash from Dudunparce, you can try to Tera it into Flying or just let a different team member use the combo, like Vivillon who can't miss thanks to Compound Eyes.

Last edited:
I've literally only seen Palafin, Fat and Berries on the ladder, where the heck are the other archetypes LMAO
I personally use Chi-Yu with Sheer Force (Basculin, since it's not slow and has Taunt, to prevent rocks from Lycanrock) but I've literally seen... no, wait, 2 other teams using it. That's it.
Thanks for the post, really useful. Especially because I'm bored of losing with my team, I'd like to lose with other teams and Gale Wings + Rock Head is exactly something spicy worth trying.
Can't wait for this format to come around once again when we will actually have decent mons to work with thanks to Home at least.
EDIT: https://pokepast.es/ada743865bafbad4
This is the team. Chi-Yu is cool but it's not the reason I created this team, I just wanted to try it and it came out to be really strong.
Hariyama provides Sheer Force and it's not a bad mon.
Basculin provides Adaptability. Wave Crash could be swapped out for Liquidation but I didn't care about it surviving.
Dragapult gives us Infiltrator because losing to random Substitutes is literally not fun.
Kilowattrel is there because I wanted to have a way to set up without wasting precious time if need be.
Coalossal is the funniest mon in this format. It provides rock, it explodes (always funny, main reason it's here) but with the ability gives us the FUNNIEST games. Going to +6 speed the same turn you use Nasty Plot is so fun. I tried to make another team starting with it but I'm a bad builder so I failed horribly. I encourage people to try it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)