move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Power Whip
move 4: Brick Break / Bounce / Ice Punch / Stealth Rock / Toxic
item: Life Orb
ability: Swift Swim
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Sporting a solid typing, colorful coverage, and access to Swift Swim, Seismitoad is a potent rain sweeper that can threaten many common Pokemon in the Series 12 format.

* Seismitoad's spammable STAB combination allows it to set its own rain with Max Geyser and boost its Special Defense with Max Quake while Dynamaxed, making it more difficult to revenge kill.

* Power Whip is necessary coverage to break past Water-immune Pokemon and other bulky Water-types, such as Kyogre, Quagsire, and Tapu Fini, with Life Orb-boosted Max Overgrowth OHKOing all three.

* Brick Break is Seismitoad's best option for a physical Max Knuckle, further preventing Ferrothorn and physically defensive Porygon2 from walling it. Brick Break also allows Seismitoad to remove opposing Light Screen and Reflect for its team.

* Bounce is Seismitoad's only option for Max Airstream, but the Speed boost can be crucial if rain runs out the following turn, and it heavily damages most Grass-type switch-ins. Notably, it is the only listed move that can damage Shedinja while Seismitoad is Dynamaxed.

* Ice Punch is Seismitoad's only way to hit Dragonite and defensive Zygarde-C for meaningful damage, maintains coverage against Grass-types, and is its strongest option against Landorus-T outside of rain.

* At the cost of a coverage option, Seismitoad can set Stealth Rock if its team lacks a setter. Due to its ability to threaten a sweep under rain, Seismitoad can find opportunities to set up Stealth Rock on predicted switches to checks like Ferrothorn, Lapras, and Shedinja.

* Toxic may seem strange on such an offensive Pokemon, but it supports Seismitoad's team by crippling a potentially troublesome wall, and Seismitoad's threat level tends to draw walls in. Additionally, if Seismitoad forgoes Bounce, Toxic is its only option to defeat Heavy-Duty Boots Shedinja.

* Kyogre is one of Seismitoad's best teammates, as it can summon rain with Drizzle to kickstart a Seismitoad sweep, and together they can wear down their shared checks.

* While Seimitoad's power under rain and many coverage options make it difficult to keep in check, it still needs to be wary of Grass- and bulky Water-types. Zapdos makes for a standout partner, threatening them with its accurate STAB Hurricane and Thunder under rain. Urshifu-S pressures the likes of Ferrothorn, Shedinja, and Porygon2, which give Seismitoad trouble.

Items
========

* Life Orb is the best item to enable a Seismitoad sweep, granting it high damage output while Dynamaxed despite an only average Attack stat.

* However, if Life Orb is already being used by another Pokemon, other viable options include Mystic Water, Rindo Berry, and Expert Belt. Do note that Seismitoad needs either a Life Orb or Expert Belt to OHKO Kyogre with Max Overgrowth.

EV Spreads
========

* 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Adamant: Under rain, this EV spread lets Seismitoad outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Regieleki, as well as +1 positive-natured base 100s.

* 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe with Adamant: This EV spread gives Seismitoad a good chance of surviving a Play Rough from Jolly Zacian-C while still outspeeding Pheromosa and Calyrex-S under rain.

* 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe with Adamant: If Seismitoad is holding a Rindo Berry, this EV spread will allow it to survive a Grassy Glide from Choice Band Rillaboom under Dynamax.

[SET]
name: Specially Defensive Support
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Toxic / Fling
move 3: Fling / Scald / Power Whip
move 4: Earthquake / Earth Power / Protect / Power Whip
item: Light Ball / Leftovers / Aguav Berry
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Calm / Careful / Sassy
evs: 212 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* With its serviceable bulk, great defensive typing, and coveted Water Absorb ability, Seismitoad can act as one of the sturdiest Kyogre switch-ins around while blanket checking the metagame's many Water-types. While it competes with Gastrodon, which sports higher special bulk and access to Recover, Seismitoad's unique utility movepool and access to Grass-type coverage make it less predictable.

* Stealth Rock is the primary advantage Seismitoad has over many other Water-immune Pokemon, freeing up its teammates to run more offensive sets.

* Seismitoad's access to Toxic, very valuable and rare for a non-Poison type, is key to put foes on a timer.

* If holding a Light Ball, Fling becomes a one-time paralysis-inducing move, which can be a nasty surprise for offensive switch-ins that don't mind Toxic but hate the Speed drop from paralysis.

* Scald allows Seismitoad to spread burns, preventing the likes of Ferrothorn and Landorus-T from switching in for free.

* During Dynamax, Earthquake lets Seismitoad boost its Special Defense with Max Quake while threatening the likes of Kyogre and Tyranitar. Earth Power can be run instead of Earthquake to better damage Zacian-C and Eternatus.

* If holding Leftovers, Protect allows Seismitoad to restore a bit of additional HP per turn, as well as scouting for potentially devastating Grass-type coverage.

* Power Whip is an option for more security against bulkier Kyogre variants, particularly those with Substitute + Calm Mind. In general, carrying Grass-type coverage makes Seismitoad a much better check to many threatening Water-types, such as Tapu Fini, Quagsire, and Rotom-W.

Items
========

* Light Ball makes Fling a one-time paralysis-inducing move.

* Leftovers provides Seismitoad with passive recovery each turn, and it synergizes especially well with Protect. Aguav Berry is an alternate healing option.

EV Spreads
========

* Seismitoad can opt for a Calm or Careful nature depending on its choice of coverage, but sets without Fling that utilize both physical and special moves should instead use a Sassy nature to optimize damage.

* The listed 4 Speed EVs allow Fling Seismitoad to outpace paralyzed Cinderace. Due to this Speed benchmark, Fling Seismitoad should run Calm or Careful and not Sassy.

* 212 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe: This EV spread allows Seismitoad to avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade, avoid the OHKO from its Play Rough, and survive a Choice Band-boosted Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S.

* 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe: This spread maximizes Seismitoad's special bulk, letting it take on Kyogre as well as possible.

* 228 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe: This spread allows Seismitoad to always survive Timid Life Orb Yveltal's Max Darkness and almost always survive Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough.

[SET]
name: Specially-based Sweeper
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Earthquake / Earth Power
move 3: Power Whip / Grass Knot
move 4: Focus Blast / Sludge Bomb / Stealth Rock / Toxic
nature: Mild / Modest
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Despite its lower Special Attack stat, Seismitoad can run a specially-based set worth consideration, as Hydro Pump actually outdamages Liquidation against neutral targets, and the ability to catch opponents off guard with a mixed set has tremendous value in a best-of-one format.

* A Ground-type STAB move lets Seismitoad deal good damage against Zacian-C, with Earthquake doing more against Kyogre and Tyranitar, while Earth Power is less vulnerable to Attack drops via Intimidate or burn.

* Power Whip nets crucial coverage against Water-immune Pokemon and bulky Water-types. Grass Knot is a feasible alternative, sporting much higher damage against physically-bulky targets like Quagsire and Groudon. It is significantly weaker against Kyogre and Gastrodon than Power Whip, though, and will fail if the target is Dynamaxed.

* Focus Blast is Seismitoad's only way of hitting Ferrothorn for significant damage, netting a 2HKO against specially defensive variants outside of Dynamax.

* Sludge Bomb allows Seismitoad to boost its Special Attack with Max Ooze while Dynamaxed, and it's Seismitoad's strongest option against Rillaboom.

* Seismitoad can set Stealth Rock if there's not already a setter on its team, but it won't be able to surmount Grass-types.

* While Toxic may seem out of place on a set designed for sweeping, it is Seismitoad's only shot at beating Chansey, specially defensive Porygon2, and Shedinja, and it can put other troublesome walls on a timer for its team.

Items
========

* Life Orb is the best item to enable a Seismitoad sweep, granting it high damage output while Dynamaxed despite its only average attacking stats.

* However, if Life Orb is already being used by another Pokemon on the team, other viable options include Mystic Water, Assault Vest, and Expert Belt.

EV Spreads
========

* 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with Mild: Under rain, Seismitoad will outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Regieleki, as well as +1 positive-natured base 100s. A Mild nature is preferred over Rash to always survive a Max Geyser from Modest Kyogre while Dynamaxed.

* A special-only set with a Modest nature can be run if opting for Grass Knot, though such a set struggles even more to break past many of the metagame's special walls.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Comradesquidwar, 542590]]
- Quality checked by: [[luisin, 469498], [Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:
While there isn't special attacking set listed in the set directory, it's something I've seen and used before and thought it was worth mentioning :boi:
if QC deems it unviable I'm happy to remove tho

Railgun

formerly luisin
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
It's showtime :wo:

Adding the Special Attacker set is a good idea but I would put it last for the following reasons:

- In this metagame it doesn't help you much, Chansey / Blissey are on most teams.
- Max Overgrowth with Grass Knot doesn't OHKO Kyogre while Power Whip (Physical set) does with Life Orb.
- Physical set moves are much better for this metagame.

Those would be the main reasons why we did not add it to the directory but I think it's a good idea to have it last in priority at least, I have nothing more to add in this variant.

Physical Sweeper.

- I would mention the variant of Bounce > Drain Punch, Bounce hits Grass Type super effective (and can hit Shedinja) plus a speed boost is great for rain isn't active.
- Add a mention that Power Whip Life Orb can OHKO Kyogre, without Life Orb this would not be possible.

amazing analysis, just add my comments, then QC 1/2.

Last edited:
It's showtime :wo:

Adding the Special Attacker set is a good idea but I would put it last for the following reasons:

- In this metagame it doesn't help you much, Chansey / Blissey are on most teams.
- Max Overgrowth with Grass Knot doesn't OHKO Kyogre while Power Whip does (with Life Orb).
- Physical set moves are much better for this metagame.

Those would be the main reasons why we did not add it to the directory but I think it's a good idea to have it last in priority at least, I have nothing more to add in this variant.

Physical Sweeper.

- I would mention the variant of Bounce > Drain Punch, Bounce hits Grass Type super effective (and can hit Shedinja) plus a speed boost is great for rain isn't active.
- Add a mention that Power Whip Life Orb can OHKO Kyogre, without Life Orb this would not be possible.

amazing analysis, just add my comments, then QC 1/2.

Thank you! Will put the special set last and add those changes :blobthumbsup:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Time for me to check this!

General stuff

The format is a bit off: you need to get rid of the all caps on the names, and set names should be like name: Physical Sweeper. Also, probably best to change the specially defensive set to "support" because GP hasn't liked some of the sillier set names lately lol.

Physical Sweeper

- This is gonna sound nuts, but I'd actually remove the talk about Liquidation and Earthquake, since they're fairly obvious moves. Maybe instead, for the intro, mention that Seismitoad has good Max moves.

- I'd rephrase Bounce a bit, since most of the time you will prefer Swift Swim over Max Airstream for the Speed boost. I think a common usecase is boosting your Speed when Rain runs out the next turn, or if your foe has a weather changer.

- For Toxic, remember that Bounce beats Heavy Duty Boots Shedinja too, so it's not the ONLY viable option!

- This was pushing the edge of "obviousness", but it's probably worth mentioning that Kyogre is a good restricted teammate just for letting Seismitoad have Swift Swim activated before it Dynamaxes.

-I'm not sure I'd mention Calyrex-S with the problems. I mean yeah, Grass moves will bonk Seismitoad, but Calyrex-S is sorta a mind game for Urshifu because of Sub and Draining Kiss.

- I'd probably remove the Close Combat mention from the bulkier spread for Seismitoad, because most of them are gonna use Play Rough over Close Combat against Seismitoad.

- I'd add a mention of Calyrex-S to the Pheromosa mention, since that's a more relevant mon (but you might as well outspeed Pheromosa because it's only 1 point faster lol)

Support

This is gonna sound absurd, but I think the set should actually be this

[SET]
name: Support
move 2: Toxic
item: Light Ball / Leftovers
nature: Careful / Calm

-OK lets address the elephant in the room: Light Ball. Tox brought this up last week: Light Ball has become the 2nd most common item on Seismitoad, and for good reason: with Light Ball, Fling becomes a one use paralysis! This might seem nuts, but it makes Seismitoad REALLY good at crippling a lot of offensive Pokemon, and its the kind of nasty surprise that makes Seismitoad even more unpredictable!

- The EVs are very similar to the anti Zacian-C one you mentioned (it basically survives the same exact stuff), but with a twist: the 4 Speed EVs allow Seismitoad to outspeed a paralyzed Jolly Cinderace! Probably worth mentioning in the EVs section that it survives Jolly CB Urshifu's Wicked Blow as well.

- I think Earthquake needs to be mentioned first because it does more damage against Kyogre. I think you can condense Earthquake vs Earth Power to a single bullet point of "A Ground-type attack lets you deal good damage against Zacian-C, with Earthquake doing more against Kyogre while Earth Power is less vulnerable to Attack drops".

- I'd condense the 2 first bullets into 1 bullet, that basically say that despite the lack of recovery Gastrodon has, Seismitoad is still a good Kyogre check because it has valuable support moves, and is already a very unpredictable Pokemon.

- I'd leave the Sassy mention on Power Whip to the EV spreads section.

- I'd mention Aguav Berry over Mago Berry. It won't confuse with any nature that's viable on this set, and will reveal the least amount of information about Seismitoad.

- For the EV spreads, you can say "Careful or Calm" for the nature just to have less bullets. You can simply have a bullet before any of the spreads that mentions to use Careful for physically based, Calm for special, and Sassy for mixed (when you aren't using Fling).

- Besides the new main listed EV spread, I'd add another! 228 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe. This is similar to the above set, but it now always survives (assuming no crt ofc lol) Timid Life Orb Yveltal's Max Darkness, in exchange for having a 6.3% chance to get OHKOed by Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough (aka just one roll, so pretty good still!)

- I'd make the max max spread 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe just for the whole "Jolly paralyzed Cinderace" aspect. You don't have to mention that part though.

Special Sweeper

- I think it's worth mentioning that going special can also mess up some responses to Seismitoad that revolve around debuffing its Attack stat or more physically bulky Pokemon coming in, especially since it can be hard to tell exactly what set its using when its under Dynamax.

- I'd slash in Modest just for those that end up using Grass Knot over Power Whip.

That was a LOT to talk about, Seismitoad is a crafty little frog! Once you implement this stuff, I'll give it a QC stamp!

General stuff

The format is a bit off: you need to get rid of the all caps on the names, and set names should be like name: Physical Sweeper. Also, probably best to change the specially defensive set to "support" because GP hasn't liked some of the sillier set names lately lol.

Physical Sweeper

- This is gonna sound nuts, but I'd actually remove the talk about Liquidation and Earthquake, since they're fairly obvious moves. Maybe instead, for the intro, mention that Seismitoad has good Max moves.

- I'd rephrase Bounce a bit, since most of the time you will prefer Swift Swim over Max Airstream for the Speed boost. I think a common usecase is boosting your Speed when Rain runs out the next turn, or if your foe has a weather changer.

- For Toxic, remember that Bounce beats Heavy Duty Boots Shedinja too, so it's not the ONLY viable option!

- This was pushing the edge of "obviousness", but it's probably worth mentioning that Kyogre is a good restricted teammate just for letting Seismitoad have Swift Swim activated before it Dynamaxes.

-I'm not sure I'd mention Calyrex-S with the problems. I mean yeah, Grass moves will bonk Seismitoad, but Calyrex-S is sorta a mind game for Urshifu because of Sub and Draining Kiss.

- I'd probably remove the Close Combat mention from the bulkier spread for Seismitoad, because most of them are gonna use Play Rough over Close Combat against Seismitoad.

- I'd add a mention of Calyrex-S to the Pheromosa mention, since that's a more relevant mon (but you might as well outspeed Pheromosa because it's only 1 point faster lol)

Support

[SET]

-OK lets address the elephant in the room: Light Ball. Tox brought this up last week: Light Ball has become the 2nd most common item on Seismitoad, and for good reason: with Light Ball, Fling becomes a one use paralysis! This might seem nuts, but it makes Seismitoad REALLY good at crippling a lot of offensive Pokemon, and its the kind of nasty surprise that makes Seismitoad even more unpredictable!

- The EVs are very similar to the anti Zacian-C one you mentioned (it basically survives the same exact stuff), but with a twist: the 4 Speed EVs allow Seismitoad to outspeed a paralyzed Jolly Cinderace! Probably worth mentioning in the EVs section that it survives Jolly CB Urshifu's Wicked Blow as well.

- I think Earthquake needs to be mentioned first because it does more damage against Kyogre. I think you can condense Earthquake vs Earth Power to a single bullet point of "A Ground-type attack lets you deal good damage against Zacian-C, with Earthquake doing more against Kyogre while Earth Power is less vulnerable to Attack drops".

- I'd condense the 2 first bullets into 1 bullet, that basically say that despite the lack of recovery Gastrodon has, Seismitoad is still a good Kyogre check because it has valuable support moves, and is already a very unpredictable Pokemon.

- I'd mention Aguav Berry over Mago Berry. It won't confuse with any nature that's viable on this set, and will reveal the least amount of information about Seismitoad.

- For the EV spreads, you can say "Careful or Calm" for the nature just to have less bullets. You can simply have a bullet before any of the spreads that mentions to use Careful for physically based, Calm for special, and Sassy for mixed (when you aren't using Fling).

- Besides the new main listed EV spread, I'd add another! 228 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe. This is similar to the above set, but it now always survives (assuming no crt ofc lol) Timid Life Orb Yveltal's Max Darkness, in exchange for having a 6.3% chance to get OHKOed by Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough (aka just one roll, so pretty good still!)

- I'd make the max max spread 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe just for the whole "Jolly paralyzed Cinderace" aspect. You don't have to mention that part though.

Special Sweeper

- I think it's worth mentioning that going special can also mess up some responses to Seismitoad that revolve around debuffing its Attack stat or more physically bulky Pokemon coming in, especially since it can be hard to tell exactly what set its using when its under Dynamax.

- I'd slash in Modest just for those that end up using Grass Knot over Power Whip.

That was a LOT to talk about, Seismitoad is a crafty little frog! Once you implement this stuff, I'll give it a QC stamp!
Thank you for the extensive feedback! Will implement all of these changes to the best of my ability

Reactions: Tox

General stuff

Physical Sweeper

Support

[SET]

Special Sweeper

Been working on this one the past two days and had one question about the support set. Do you think that Fling could be listed as an alternative to Toxic? Given that they are both meant to spread status, could be an option for players that want two of Water/Ground/Grass moves during dynamax (and is personally what I've been using!)

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been working on this one the past two days and had one question about the support set. Do you think that Fling could be listed as an alternative to Toxic? Given that they are both meant to spread status, could be an option for players that want two of Water/Ground/Grass moves during dynamax (and is personally what I've been using!)
Yeah I don't mind that. Personally, I prefer still having Toxic to break down defensive Pokemon, but Seismitoad is pretty customizable depending on the team's needs. I'd just mention in the Toxic bullet that you need it for Seismitoad to have any hope of wearing down bulky stuff like Porygon2.

Yeah I don't mind that. Personally, I prefer still having Toxic to break down defensive Pokemon, but Seismitoad is pretty customizable depending on the team's needs. I'd just mention in the Toxic bullet that you need it for Seismitoad to have any hope of wearing down bulky stuff like Porygon2.
Alright, I think I got everything (including the bit you just mentioned above) but let me know if anything still looks off. Thanks again!

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
also fix curly apostrophes to straight '

[SET]
name: Physical Sweeper
move 1: Liquidation

[SET COMMENTS]

* Sporting a solid Water/Ground typing, colorful coverage, and access to Swift Swim, Seismitoad is a potent rain sweeper that is able to can threaten many common Pokemon in the Series 12 format.

* Seismitoad's spammable STAB combination allows it to set its own rain while Dynamaxed with Max Geyser and boost its Special Defense with Max Quake while Dynamaxed, making it more difficult to revenge kill.

* Power Whip is necessary coverage to break past Water-immune Pokemon and other bulky Water-types, such as Kyogre, Quagsire, and Tapu Fini, OHKOing all three with Life Orb-boosted Max Overgrowth OHKOing all three.

* Brick Break is Seismitoad’s best option for a physical Max Knuckle, and prevents it from being completely walled by further preventing Ferrothorn and physically defensive Porygon2 from walling it. Brick Break also allows Seismitoad to remove opposing Light Screen and Reflect for its team.

* Bounce is Seismitoad's only option for Max Airstream, but the +1 Speed boost can be crucial if rain runs out the following turn, and it heavily damages most Grass-type switch-ins. Notably, it is the only move on this set listed move that can damage Shedinja while Seismitoad is Dynamaxed.

* Ice Punch is Seismitoad’s only way to hit Dragonite and defensive Zygarde-C for meaningful damage, maintains coverage against Grass-types, and is its strongest option against Landorus-T outside of rain.

* At the cost of a coverage option, Seismitoad can act as a Stealth Rock setter if there is not already one on its team. set Stealth Rock if its team lacks a setter. Due to its ability to threaten the opponent with a sweep under rain, Seismitoad can find opportunities to set up Stealth Rock on predicted switches to checks like Ferrothron, Lapras Ferrothorn, Lapras, and Shedinja.

* Toxic may seem strange on such an offensively-inclined Pokemon, but it allows Seismitoad to further support its supports Seismitoad's team by crippling a potentially troublesome wall, and Seismitoad's threat level frequently lets it draw walls in. (I imagine this is true/sensible? if not, remove or change at will) Additionally, if Seismitoad forgoes Bounce, Toxic is its only option to defeat Heavy-Duty Boots Shedinja.

* Kyogre is one of Seismitoad's best teammates, as it can summon rain with Drizzle to kickstart a Seismitoad sweep, and together they can wear down their shared checks.

* While Seimitoad’s power under rain and many coverage options make it difficult to keep in check, it still needs to be wary of Grass- (added hyphen) and bulky Water-types. Zapdos makes for a standout partner, threatening them with its accurate STAB Hurricanes and Thunders under rain. Urshifu-S deserves a mention as well, offensively pressuring pressures the likes of Ferrothorn, Shedinja, and Poyrgon2 that Porygon2, which give Seismitoad trouble.

Items
========

* Life Orb is the best item to enable a Seismitoad sweep, granting it high damage output while Dynamaxed despite an only average Attack stat.

* However, if Life Orb is already being used by another Pokemon on the team, other viable options include Mystic Water, Rindo Berry, and Expert Belt. Do note that Seismitoad needs either a Life Orb or Expert Belt to OHKO Kyogre with Max Overgrowth.

EV Spreads
========

* 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Adamant: This EV spread maximizes Seismitoad’s speed and power. Under rain, it will this EV spread lets Seismitoad outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Regieleki, as well as +1 positive-natured base 100s.

* 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe with Adamant: This EV spread gives Seismitoad a good chance of surviving a Play Rough from Jolly Zacian-C while still outspeeding Pheromosa and Calyrex-S under rain.

* 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe with Adamant: If Seismitoad is holding a Rindo Berry, this EV spread will allow it to survive a Grassy Glide from Choice Band Rillaboom under Dynamax. (removed extra linebreaks under)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* With its serviceable bulk, great defensive typing, and coveted Water Absorb ability, Seismitoad can act as one of the sturdiest Kyogre switch-ins around while blanket checking the metagame’s many Water-types. While it competes with Gastrodon, which sports higher special bulk and access to Recover, Seismitoad’s unique utility movepool and access to Grass-type coverage make it less predictable for the opponent.

* Stealth Rock is the primary advantage Seismitoad has over many other Water-immune Pokemon, freeing up slots for its other team members its teammates to run more offensive sets.

* Seismitoad’s access to Toxic, very valuable and rare for a non-Poison type, is another key utility move in its arsenal. Due to the limited distribution of Toxic in the format, being able to put opposing Pokemon on a timer can be invaluable. key to put foes on a timer. (if smth here needs to be changed, you can do so)

* If holding a Light Ball, Fling becomes a one-time paralysis-inducing move, which can be a nasty surprise for offensively-minded switch-ins that do not fear Toxic as much as the speed can handle Toxic but hate the Speed (I imagine this makes sense? change at will) drop from paralysis.

* Scald allows Seismitoad to spread burns, preventing the likes of Ferrothron Ferrothorn and Landorus-T from switching in for free.

* During Dynamax, Seismitoad can Earthquake lets Seismitoad boost its Special Defense with Max Quake while threatening the likes of Zacian-C and Eternatus. Earthquake can be run instead of Earth Power to deal more damage to Kyogre and Tyranitar. Kyogre and Tyranitar. Earth Power can be run instead of Earthquake to better damage Zacian-C and Eternatus. (adjusted order to reflect slot order on the set. change things if needed)

* If holding Leftovers, Protect allows Seismitoad to restore a bit of additional HP per turn, as well as scouting for potentially devastating Grass-type coverage.

* Power Whip is an option for more security against bulkier Kyogre variants, particularly those with Substitute + Calm Mind. In general, carrying Grass-type coverage makes Seismitoad a much better check to many threatening Water-types, such as Tapu Fini, Quagsire, and Rotom-W.

Items
========

* Leftovers provides Seismitoad with passive recovery each turn, and it synergizes especially well with Protect. Aguav Berry is an alternate healing option.

* Light Ball should only be used with Fling to take advantage of the one-time paralysis-inducing effect.

* Aguav Berry allows for Seismitoad to receive a burst of healing when it drops below one-third of its HP.

EV Spreads
========

* Seismitoad can opt for a Calm or Careful nature depending on its choice of coverage, but sets utilizing without Fling that utilize both physical and special moves should instead use a Sassy nature to maintain maximum damage output. optimize damage.

* If opting for Fling, a Calm or Careful nature with 4 Speed EVs should be run The listed 4 Speed EVs allow Fling Seismitoad to outpace paralyzed Cinderace. Due to this Speed benchmark, Fling Seismitoad should run Calm or Careful and not Sassy.

* 212 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe: This EV spread allows Seismitoad to avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Zacian-C’s Behemoth Blade, avoid the OHKO from its Play Rough, and live survive a Choice Band-boosted Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S.

* 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe: This spread maximizes Sismitoad’s Seismitoad's special bulk, letting it take on Kyogre as well as possible.

* 228 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe: This spread allows Seismitoad to always survive Timid Life Orb Yveltal's Max Darkness while almost always avoiding the OHKO from and almost always survive Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough. (removed extra linebreak under)

[SET]
name: Specially-based (visibility notice in case you didn't see the b capitalization change) Sweeper

[SET COMMENTS]

* Despite a its lower Special Attack stat, Seismitoad can run a specially-based set worth consideration, as Hydro Pump actually outdamages Liquidation against neutral targets, and the ability to catch opponents off guard with a mixed set has tremendous value in a best-of-one format.

* A Ground-type STAB move lets Seismitoad deal good damage against Zacian-C, with Earthquake doing more against Kyogre and Tyranitar, while Earth Power is less vulnerable to Attack drops via Intimidate or burn.

* Power Whip nets crucial coverage against Water-immune Pokemon and bulky Water-types. Grass Knot is a feasible alternative, sporting much higher damage rolls against physically-bulky targets like Quagsire and Groudon. It is significantly weaker against Kyogre and Gastrodon than Power Whip, though, and will fail if the target is Dynamaxed.

* Focus Blast is Seismitoad’s only way of hitting Ferrothorn for significant damage, netting a 2HKO against specially defensive variants outside of Dynamax.

* Sludge Bomb allows Seismitoad to boost its Special Attack even further with Max Ooze while Dynamaxed, and is its it's Seismitoad's strongest option against Rillaboom.

* Seismitoad can act as a Stealth Rock setter if there is not already one on its team, at the cost of being unable set Stealth Rock if there's not already a setter on its team, but it won't be able to surmount Grass-types.

* While Toxic may seem out of place (removed hyphen) on a set designed for sweeping, it is Seismitoad’s only shot at beating Chansey, specially defensive Porygon2, and Shedinja, and it can put other troublesome walls on a timer for its team.

Items
========

* Life Orb is the best item to enable a Seismitoad sweep, granting it high damage output while Dynamaxed despite its only average attacking stats.

* However, if Life Orb is already being used by another Pokemon on the team, other viable options include Mystic Water, Assault Vest, and Expert Belt.

EV Spreads
========

* 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with Mild: This EV spread maximizes Seismitoad’s speed and power. Under rain, Seismitoad will outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Regieleki, as well as +1 positive-natured base 100s. A Mild nature is preferred over Rash to always survive a Max Geyser from Modest Kyogre while Dynamaxed.

* A special-only set with a Modest nature can be run if opting for Grass Knot, though such a set struggles even more (feels appropriate, but subjective/changeable) to break past many of the metagame's special walls.

[CREDITS]

finland-GP.gif
1/1

Add/Fix Remove Comment
also fix curly apostrophes to straight '

[SET]
name: Physical Sweeper
move 1: Liquidation

[SET COMMENTS]

* Sporting a solid Water/Ground typing, colorful coverage, and access to Swift Swim, Seismitoad is a potent rain sweeper that is able to can threaten many common Pokemon in the Series 12 format.

* Seismitoad's spammable STAB combination allows it to set its own rain while Dynamaxed with Max Geyser and boost its Special Defense with Max Quake while Dynamaxed, making it more difficult to revenge kill.

* Power Whip is necessary coverage to break past Water-immune Pokemon and other bulky Water-types, such as Kyogre, Quagsire, and Tapu Fini, OHKOing all three with Life Orb-boosted Max Overgrowth OHKOing all three.

* Brick Break is Seismitoad’s best option for a physical Max Knuckle, and prevents it from being completely walled by further preventing Ferrothorn and physically defensive Porygon2 from walling it. Brick Break also allows Seismitoad to remove opposing Light Screen and Reflect for its team.

* Bounce is Seismitoad's only option for Max Airstream, but the +1 Speed boost can be crucial if rain runs out the following turn, and it heavily damages most Grass-type switch-ins. Notably, it is the only move on this set listed move that can damage Shedinja while Seismitoad is Dynamaxed.

* Ice Punch is Seismitoad’s only way to hit Dragonite and defensive Zygarde-C for meaningful damage, maintains coverage against Grass-types, and is its strongest option against Landorus-T outside of rain.

* At the cost of a coverage option, Seismitoad can act as a Stealth Rock setter if there is not already one on its team. set Stealth Rock if its team lacks a setter. Due to its ability to threaten the opponent with a sweep under rain, Seismitoad can find opportunities to set up Stealth Rock on predicted switches to checks like Ferrothron, Lapras Ferrothorn, Lapras, and Shedinja.

* Toxic may seem strange on such an offensively-inclined Pokemon, but it allows Seismitoad to further support its supports Seismitoad's team by crippling a potentially troublesome wall, and Seismitoad's threat level frequently lets it draw walls in. (I imagine this is true/sensible? if not, remove or change at will) Additionally, if Seismitoad forgoes Bounce, Toxic is its only option to defeat Heavy-Duty Boots Shedinja.

* While Seimitoad’s power under rain and many coverage options make it difficult to keep in check, it still needs to be wary of Grass- (added hyphen) and bulky Water-types. Zapdos makes for a standout partner, threatening them with its accurate STAB Hurricanes and Thunders under rain. Urshifu-S deserves a mention as well, offensively pressuring pressures the likes of Ferrothorn, Shedinja, and Poyrgon2 that Porygon2, which give Seismitoad trouble.

Items
========

* However, if Life Orb is already being used by another Pokemon on the team, other viable options include Mystic Water, Rindo Berry, and Expert Belt. Do note that Seismitoad needs either a Life Orb or Expert Belt to OHKO Kyogre with Max Overgrowth.

EV Spreads
========

* 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Adamant: This EV spread maximizes Seismitoad’s speed and power. Under rain, it will this EV spread lets Seismitoad outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Regieleki, as well as +1 positive-natured base 100s.

* 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe with Adamant: If Seismitoad is holding a Rindo Berry, this EV spread will allow it to survive a Grassy Glide from Choice Band Rillaboom under Dynamax. (removed extra linebreaks under)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* With its serviceable bulk, great defensive typing, and coveted Water Absorb ability, Seismitoad can act as one of the sturdiest Kyogre switch-ins around while blanket checking the metagame’s many Water-types. While it competes with Gastrodon, which sports higher special bulk and access to Recover, Seismitoad’s unique utility movepool and access to Grass-type coverage make it less predictable for the opponent.

* Stealth Rock is the primary advantage Seismitoad has over many other Water-immune Pokemon, freeing up slots for its other team members its teammates to run more offensive sets.

* Seismitoad’s access to Toxic, very valuable and rare for a non-Poison type, is another key utility move in its arsenal. Due to the limited distribution of Toxic in the format, being able to put opposing Pokemon on a timer can be invaluable. key to put foes on a timer. (if smth here needs to be changed, you can do so)

* If holding a Light Ball, Fling becomes a one-time paralysis-inducing move, which can be a nasty surprise for offensively-minded switch-ins that do not fear Toxic as much as the speed can handle Toxic but hate the Speed (I imagine this makes sense? change at will) drop from paralysis.

* Scald allows Seismitoad to spread burns, preventing the likes of Ferrothron Ferrothorn and Landorus-T from switching in for free.

* During Dynamax, Seismitoad can Earthquake lets Seismitoad boost its Special Defense with Max Quake while threatening the likes of Zacian-C and Eternatus. Earthquake can be run instead of Earth Power to deal more damage to Kyogre and Tyranitar. Kyogre and Tyranitar. Earth Power can be run instead of Earthquake to better damage Zacian-C and Eternatus. (adjusted order to reflect slot order on the set. change things if needed)

Items
========

* Light Ball should only be used with Fling to take advantage of the one-time paralysis-inducing effect.

* Aguav Berry allows for Seismitoad to receive a burst of healing when it drops below one-third of its HP.

EV Spreads
========

* Seismitoad can opt for a Calm or Careful nature depending on its choice of coverage, but sets utilizing without Fling that utilize both physical and special moves should instead use a Sassy nature to maintain maximum damage output. optimize damage.

* If opting for Fling, a Calm or Careful nature with 4 Speed EVs should be run The listed 4 Speed EVs allow Fling Seismitoad to outpace paralyzed Cinderace. Due to this Speed benchmark, Fling Seismitoad should run Calm or Careful and not Sassy.

* 212 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe: This EV spread allows Seismitoad to avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Zacian-C’s Behemoth Blade, avoid the OHKO from its Play Rough, and live survive a Choice Band-boosted Wicked Blow from Urshifu-S.

* 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe: This spread maximizes Sismitoad’s Seismitoad's special bulk, letting it take on Kyogre as well as possible.

* 228 HP / 4 Atk / 76 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe: This spread allows Seismitoad to always survive Timid Life Orb Yveltal's Max Darkness while almost always avoiding the OHKO from and almost always survive Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough. (removed extra linebreak under)

[SET]
name: Specially-based (visibility notice in case you didn't see the b capitalization change) Sweeper

[SET COMMENTS]

* Despite a its lower Special Attack stat, Seismitoad can run a specially-based set worth consideration, as Hydro Pump actually outdamages Liquidation against neutral targets, and the ability to catch opponents off guard with a mixed set has tremendous value in a best-of-one format.

* Power Whip nets crucial coverage against Water-immune Pokemon and bulky Water-types. Grass Knot is a feasible alternative, sporting much higher damage rolls against physically-bulky targets like Quagsire and Groudon. It is significantly weaker against Kyogre and Gastrodon than Power Whip, though, and will fail if the target is Dynamaxed.

* Focus Blast is Seismitoad’s only way of hitting Ferrothorn for significant damage, netting a 2HKO against specially defensive variants outside of Dynamax.

* Sludge Bomb allows Seismitoad to boost its Special Attack even further with Max Ooze while Dynamaxed, and is its it's Seismitoad's strongest option against Rillaboom.

* Seismitoad can act as a Stealth Rock setter if there is not already one on its team, at the cost of being unable set Stealth Rock if there's not already a setter on its team, but it won't be able to surmount Grass-types.

* While Toxic may seem out of place (removed hyphen) on a set designed for sweeping, it is Seismitoad’s only shot at beating Chansey, specially defensive Porygon2, and Shedinja, and it can put other troublesome walls on a timer for its team.

Items
========

EV Spreads
========

* 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with Mild: This EV spread maximizes Seismitoad’s speed and power. Under rain, Seismitoad will outspeed the entire unboosted metagame bar Regieleki, as well as +1 positive-natured base 100s. A Mild nature is preferred over Rash to always survive a Max Geyser from Modest Kyogre while Dynamaxed.

* A special-only set with a Modest nature can be run if opting for Grass Knot, though such a set struggles even more (feels appropriate, but subjective/changeable) to break past many of the metagame's special walls.

[CREDITS]

View attachment 4206141/1
Implemented, thank you! And yes many backslashes :tymp:

Theorymon

This is now uploaded! Only change I made was made Stealth Rock and Toxic mentions rather than slash-ins on the offensive set, since Seismitoad had a TON of slash-ins on the dex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)