Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Movie was damn good, just having the Zelda Menu music in one of his dreams made me love this movie. Micheal Cera was an ok Scott Pilgrim, but if you've read the graphic novel, then you would know that it's probably hard for any actor to be Scott Pilgrim and pull it off perfectly, all in all this movie was much better than I had expected. Exes 4-7 were rushed, I mean the twins didn't even speak once I think, but still it was an enjoyable experience.

i thought this movie was going to be terrible from the previews, but genny convinced me to see it anyway...

it was amazing. one of the funniest movies i've seen in a really long time. indie jokes were great.

(thanks gengen)

Awesome movie, just saw it today, probably gonna download the PS3 game as well to give it a whirl since it also looked pretty fun. I dislike Cera quite a bit as well, but he was decent enough in this movie, so I overlooked that aspect. Force your friend to see it imo.

He's made a few bad movies and people think he's still playing George Michael.

I have a friend who would absolutely love this movie, but she can't get past her hate for Cera.
Cera does a really good job here. This is from someone who's only seen Juno and has never seen Arrested Development. He doesn't have that second-level-vain feeling that Scott Pilgrim's supposed to, but, like someone said earlier, Scott's a hard character to play. He's likable, which is important, and you can definitely compromise the sense that he's a bit of a dick with his being a good guy, like you're supposed to.

That said, as a whole, I didn't like the movie very much, though. Up to Roxie, it was fantastic, but at that point, it seems like they realized they weren't going to get through all seven exes at that rate and decided to forgo all character development for flashy action sequences. It's fine if you've read the series and are willing to fill in the blanks with your knowledge of the story, but the later exes are really fleshed out and believable, and... the movie just drops that. Ramona ends up a paper cutout, and Scott's relationship problems go to the wayside as well. My two biggest complaints, subjectively: what the christ was the fight with Todd, and why were Kim and Envy minor characters? If there's any franchise that really deserves multiple movies, it's this one.

I agree, if they split it up a bit and had it progress over 2-3 movies as opposed to cramming it all into one (iirc, the last comic wasn't even finished when scripting/filming began for this), it could have been better. Needs more subspace too.

Though for what it's worth, it's still a decent cram together, like having that band battle against the twins instead of them summoning robots or whatever they did in the comic was a pretty good alternative.

I was a bit skeptical going into this movie, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. If I had known it was the same director of Hot Fuzz beforehand, I probably would have had less doubt.

I was a bit skeptical going into this movie, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. If I had known it was the same director of Hot Fuzz beforehand, I probably would have had less doubt.
Hot Fuzz AND Shaun of the Dead, both 2 very good movies. But yeah, that was another reason I gave this movie a chance.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Saw this movie earlier today, I gotta say I enjoyed every moment of it, it's jam-packed with fun, quirks, cartoony effects and pop-culture references done right. I am a sucker for this kind of stuff. I agree that this should have been split up into 2 or 3 different films though since it was feeling kinda rushed towards the end and there were a whole slew of fun characters just begging to be developed.

Game came out on XBLA today/yesterday (well I'm still awake). So yeah I've been playing that a lot.

Suuper fun.

Movie is good too, Edgar Wright's film making really shone through at the end with Gideon and alot of the jokes. Like NegaScott ahaha.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally got to see this yesterday. Honestly, I think they should have used less of the exes. Not gone with seven but maybe less. They were already my least favourite part of the books. Aside from that, found myself laughing quite a bit and absolutely loved the visual direction of the movie. Amazing stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)