Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Remember Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle? or maybe Kings of Power 4 Billion% ?

You can finally play them in the Scott Pilgrim game! I need to get an xbox to play this!

It's based on a comic book a lot of people seem to enjoy. Book 6 comes out soon.

There's also a Scott Pilgrim movie coming out. Directed by the guy who made Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

I saw an early version of the movie already. Not even my hate for Michael Cera stopped it from being completely awesome. August 13. Your geek cred depends on you seeing this movie.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The movie looks like something along the lines of Kick Ass so I have high expectations of it. Despite Michael Cera.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh man, I was laughing my ass off the entire way through. They seem to have captured the feel of the books perfectly so far. My only problem is that the actor for Knives is a little chubby. I was pretty sure she was meant to be your typical sickly stick-figured Asian girl in the books.

THIS WILL TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO

But yeah, I'm seeing this without question. I missed Kick-Ass, but there's no way I'm gonna miss this.

Well I haven't seen the movie yet, (since its not out yet), but i've been a fan of the books. If you've seen the movie or plan on seeing the movie, please god read the books, they are fucking amazing.

Movie should be terrible, but the video game should be marvelous. Glad to see that guy finally getting "real" work.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am actually in this movie as an extra, it was shot at my high school :p

I have to actually see the movie to find myself, but it should be interesting to see myself on the big screen aha

Book 6 is already out, I bought all of the books yesterday. A++ series. Looking forward to the movie too, I'm not expecting a direct adaptation but it would be stupid to. I'm just expecting an enjoyable Pilgrim-related experience.

Oh man, I was laughing my ass off the entire way through. They seem to have captured the feel of the books perfectly so far. My only problem is that the actor for Knives is a little chubby. I was pretty sure she was meant to be your typical sickly stick-figured Asian girl in the books.

THIS WILL TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO

But yeah, I'm seeing this without question. I missed Kick-Ass, but there's no way I'm gonna miss this.
:C

Knives is my favourite character... I think...

Jackal I am jealous. :C

Game looks awesome, too bad it doesn't come out on XBLA until after it comes out on PSN. But I can wait. I love the various little references in it like the Vegan AKIIIRAAAAAAAAAAA.

Sweet the game got pretty good reviews, it came out today for the PS3, So I guess i'll buy it and maybe update this post with some impressions.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait, the PS3? Thank God. I was getting little worried because I'd only heard about it coming out for the XBox 360. Looks like your standard beat-'em-up (for those who've ever played Streets of Rage or Double Dragon, at least) with the quirk and charm of the Scott Pilgrim cast. Luckily, I haven't played a game of this genre in ages, so I'd love to get my hands on this.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
on supreme master its hard, and unforgiving :P

I do howveer already have 3 out of the 12 trophies, well see how ill be doing the one where you have to KO the twins simultaneously :P

very pleased in how this turned out really :)

Don't have a PS3 so... yeah.... getting the game once it comes out on XBLA though.

Saw the movie yesterday, I liked it despite the multitude of things that were changed. It didn't do the best job at imitating the comics or anything, but as a movie it was enjoyable, and the scenes with Matthew Patel were hilarious.

Beat the game yesterday with my brother, very good game once you get into it, i'm still playing and I feel like ill be maxing every character, and probably 100%ing the game.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I got the first two books... and was promptly disappointed. In terms of humour and just "lay back and read, chillaxing," this book has great value. In other terms such as other literary developments that I was hopefully sorta looking for, practically none (except for dramatic irony, which is overused). The plot just didn't appeal too much to me =/

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally saw the movie and loved it, so many little geek moments to pick up on. A lot of fun for sure.

And I did see myself in the movie haha, I am in the film for about 4 seconds near the beginning when cera goes to pick up knives from school and is talking to her outside the school 8)

The movie was awesome, really awesome.
I didn't expect the music to be so good either.

"WE ARE SEX BOB OMB, WE'RE HERE TO MAKE MONEY, AND SELL OUT .... and stuff...."

Tons of geek moments for me too. Basically if you're a hipster/gamer you'll absolutely worship this movie. I laughed at the game jokes, and laughed even harder at the indie jokes and references.

"Why can't we just play a secret show."
"All of our shows are secret shows."

God, and ...
At the end, when that music producer was the source of evil, man that had me laughing too. Indie jokes indie jokes indie jokes.

Just, amazing.
Excuse me while I listen to the sick bassline in We Are Sex Bob-Omb.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to talk about this movie some more but I'm getting sent to vegan academy.

Basically this movie was simply amazing. Micheal Cera pulled off Scott very well, the acting was pretty great as was the directing. Let's not forget how it is hilarious and the amazing fight scenes. I highly recommend seeing this movie, it's the best movie this year in my opinion (really Inception was pretty overrated).

I loved the movie, although the plot was a bit rushed.

They should have maybe expanded upon Scott's other relationships and made it two movie.

All in all, it was pretty darn funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)