SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even for the Loyal 3? Just would be really weird to me - Munkidori in the non-Titan battle was already Lv. 30. (unless I’m somehow misremembering).
So I have checked on this now - The Loyal Three will always be Lv. 70 when they’re available to catch - no matter where your progression is in the main story.

e.g I have 0 badges and have only finished the Teal Mask storyline - went back to catch them and they’re level 70 - so meant to be postgame content like the Ogre bosses, Billy/O’Nare and Perrin.

I just realized, Kieran's postgame Yanmega has a Jaw Fossil equipped, so could we possibly get the Kalos fossils in DLC 2?
Check Dreaded Den in kitikami pokearth to fact check me
Part of the lore of the Teal Mask is a revenge killing, hell yes

Last edited:
Okay, I know it's kinda jumping the gun a little, but I think we might be getting a Chimecho evo in DLC2.

1694669312085.png

As we all know, dataminers have found that there are eight unfilled slots in the dex, open thanks to the addition of Sinistcha. We know that four of the them are the remaining Paradox Beasts/Musketeers, along with two for Archaludon, and probably Terapagos (though this might be wrong, because it be....odd, to have a cup of tea end the dex). We know also thanks to the Eviolite that the other slot is the Dipplin evo. But that leaves one entry very conspicuously empty. Some have speculated it might be a mythical representing Momotaro, but we now know there is no Momotaro figure in the story of Ogerpon and the Loyal Three, and it appears Mythicals have been discontinued as a result of the movies no longer being produced.

Now, here's the important part. Back in August, Khu posted this:

1694668766539.png

Notice a pattern here? We have Chimecho, Poltchageist, and three Unova Ground types. Poltchageist is there because it had just been revealed, but the reason why he choose them is a touch more elaborate - Lacey is widely speculated to be the daughter of Clay, since they share the same eyebrows, her hairclips mirror the pattern on Clay's hat, their Japanese names both reference vegetables, their English names are anagrams (Lacey just adds an e) and it was speculated that Blueberry Academy was tied to Unova (which was now know was correct). The inclusion of these lines, two of them quite popular at that, is clearly meant to play into the speculation, and it would be convincing a case if we didn't now know that Lacey isn't a Ground trainer.

1694670013873.png

This is another list for DLC2 found in the datamining, revealing the types of the Blueberry Elite 4 to be Dragon, Fairy, Fire, and Steel. Playing rule of elimination, this clearly identifies Lacey as the Fairy trainer, and proceeds to eliminate all options Khu seemed to present....except one.

Consider, why would Khu show Chimecho, a notoriously forgotten and rarely used Gen 3 line widely regarded as useless in battle, and doesn't play at all in the ongoing speculation regarding the DLC? It only makes sense if he signalled it out because of it being Lacey's ace, and is getting a Psychic/Fairy evo like people have been asking for. Think of it; the games have been generally very consistent with giving new forms/regionals to new characters in DLC, with Klara and Avery getting the G-Slowtwins, Carmine Sinistcha, Kieran Dipplin and its evo, and Drayton Archaludon, so it would match if Lacey's ace were along the same lines. That's where the evidence seems to point, anyway.

Any thoughts on this theory?

Last edited:
Okay, I know it's kinda jumping the gun a little, but I think we might be getting a Chimecho evo in DLC2.

View attachment 551611

As we all know, dataminers have found that there are eight unfilled slots in the dex, open thanks to the addition of Sinistcha. We know that four of the them are the remaining Paradox Beasts/Musketeers, along with two for Archaludon, and probably Terapagos (though this might be wrong, because it be....odd, to have a cup of tea end the dex). We know also thanks to the Eviolite that the other slot is the Dipplin evo. But that leaves one entry very conspicuously empty. Some have speculated it might be a mythical representing Momotaro, but we now know there is no Momotaro figure in the story of Ogerpon and the Loyal Three, and it appears Mythicals have been discontinued as a result of the movies no longer being produced.

Now, here's the important part. Back in August, Khu posted this:

View attachment 551583

Notice a pattern here? We have Chimecho, Poltchageist, and three Unova Ground types. Poltchageist is there because it had just been revealed, but the reason why he choose them is a touch more elaborate - Lacey is widely speculated to be the daughter of Clay, since they share the same eyebrows, her hairclips mirror the pattern on Clay's hat, their Japanese names both reference vegetables, their English names are anagrams (Lacey just adds an e) and it was speculated that Blueberry Academy was tied to Unova (which was now know was correct). The inclusion of these lines, two of them quite popular at that, is clearly meant to play into the speculation, and it would be convincing a case if we didn't now know that Lacey isn't a Ground trainer.

View attachment 551613

This is another list for DLC2 found in the datamining, revealing the types of the Blueberry Elite 4 to be Dragon, Fairy, Fire, and Steel. Playing rule of elimination, this clearly identifies Lacey as the Fairy trainer, and proceeds to eliminate all options Khu seemed to present....except one.

Consider, why would Khu show Chimecho, a notoriously forgotten and rarely used Gen 3 line widely regarded as useless in battle, and doesn't play at all in the ongoing speculation regarding the DLC? It only makes sense if he signalled it out because of it being Lacey's ace, and is getting a Psychic/Fairy evo like people have been asking for. Think of it; the games have been generally very consistent with giving new forms/regionals to new characters in DLC, with Klara and Avery getting the G-Slowtwins, Carmine Sinistcha, Kieran Dipplin and its evo, and Drayton Archaludon, so it would match if Lacey's ace were along the same lines. That's where the evidence seems to point, anyway.

Any thoughts on this theory?
It makes some sense. Another option is for either Excadrill or GOlurk to get a part-fairy Evo or a new form for one of those.

Though Chimecho Evo probably makes most sense for now.

Considering Dipplin receives a boost from Eviolite despite not currently being able to evolve, it might be possible to see if Chimecho is getting an evolution by checking if it also gets a boost from Eviolite.
Tested that in my game and it didn't work.
But reading through this thread, it is really funny to me that for all of between Scarlet and Violet being revealed and the DLC being revealed ppl thought the DLC would involve Kalos because Spain and France are next to each other in real life, but Game Freak went "sike!" and put the Blueberry Academy in Unova.

Tested that in my game and it didn't work.
But reading through this thread, it is really funny to me that for all of between Scarlet and Violet being revealed and the DLC being revealed ppl thought the DLC would involve Kalos because Spain and France are next to each other in real life, but Game Freak went "sike!" and put the Blueberry Academy in Unova.
We went to Unova for Blueberry and we went to an entirely new region located approximately in the Japan cluster of regions.

Any time we think they're gonna zig, they zag!

It’s so funny how long the Kalos speculation has lasted. People have speculated it literally every generation. I remember even after XY released people were convinced we were getting gen “6.5” with southern Kalos.

Posting about it in the other threads reminds me: Tera crystals are kind of scary, huh? Like in universe

A guy from another region brought them over and put them in a lake, causing them to propagate in the water supply and then within a few generations later the entire region is sprouting tera crystals.
Then I remember how Area Zero's crystals are actively growing over certain parts of the labs, and how the new black crystals are surging out from it.
And Briar wants to find a way to sort of replicate that for other regions so everyone can terastalyze....

Curious if they might acknowledge that hey maybe it's not a good thing that these living crawling crystals can just infest lands like that.

Hi gang! Long time lurker, first time poster, etc etc

I have a very small sample size for this, so take with a grain of salt, but it seems like some encounter rates may have changed in the base region, at least while under the effects of sandwiches?
I was doing some ev training along the Chansey strip with level one normal encounter power and noticed that I was getting a lot more Blisseys than usual, to the point where there were always at least 2-3 Blissey I could locate after knocking one out.

I thought perhaps this was a side effect of using the Alolan shaved ice from Kitakami (lvl 1 normal encounter), but I tried my standard ham sandwich and encountered similar amounts of Blissey.
I saw a post elsewhere about Roaring Moon appearing in the main area zero cave in scarlet when using sandwiches (which I can't verify as I have violet), and was wondering if anybody has encountered anything similar for other pokemon?

It may make pokemon which were previously unviable to isolate a bit more tolerable.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting about it in the other threads reminds me: Tera crystals are kind of scary, huh? Like in universe

A guy from another region brought them over and put them in a lake, causing them to propagate in the water supply and then within a few generations later the entire region is sprouting tera crystals.
Then I remember how Area Zero's crystals are actively growing over certain parts of the labs, and how the new black crystals are surging out from it.
And Briar wants to find a way to sort of replicate that for other regions so everyone can terastalyze....

Curious if they might acknowledge that hey maybe it's not a good thing that these living crawling crystals can just infest lands like that.
Briar bringing Tera to future Gens - no more brand new mechanic each game!

Area Zero gave me huge "dreams come true here" vibes when I watched my nephew play through the area (my motion sickness kicked in one last time in that play session). Note that the base game explicitly says that AI more advanced than what we can pull off was created thanks to the help of the crystals. Perhaps Briar feels the same way...at the cost of dreams similarly coming true everywhere.

Is Ogerpon's excuse for those crystals appearing in her Teal Mask "it's my favourite mask, I always want it to look better, I added the crystals myself"?

Area Zero gave me huge "dreams come true here" vibes when I watched my nephew play through the area (my motion sickness kicked in one last time in that play session). Note that the base game explicitly says that AI more advanced than what we can pull off was created thanks to the help of the crystals. Perhaps Briar feels the same way...at the cost of dreams similarly coming true everywhere.

Is Ogerpon's excuse for those crystals appearing in her Teal Mask "it's my favourite mask, I always want it to look better, I added the crystals myself"?
Ogrepon didn't have an excuse. The origin of the masks is that the Man, her* trainer, brought back a bunch of crystals (same ones put into the lake) from his homeland (Presumed Paldea) and the Mask maker created masks for them so that people wouldn't be scared of them. The maker adorned the masks with the crystals.

Anyway the pool is known for seemingly letting you see dead people and Briar's clearly got Issues so I'm sure her motives are Very Normal.

*Did not realize until this moment that Ogrepon was female locked lol. I caught her last night and didn't even pay attention to the gender I just assumed it was genderless. That's fun, I feel it'd have been very easy to just make Ogrepon either genderless like most other legends or probably Male locked

Considering I much prefer the idea of exploring alien environments than the kind of thing that's reasonable IRL, having the world consumed by a crystal labyrinth embracing the chaos of pure thought may actually get me on board with the change to more open gameplay.

1694704470958.png
1694704463573.png

1694704549859.png
1694704542994.png

I don't like this Oger Oustin' game. Soloing is unviable past Easy and the degree of randomness to even the map you play on being random is a struggle. You do accumulate a bunch of mochi and new evolution items like the teacup as a byproduct though.

ogre oustin' really is pretty rough even on easy, honestly.

I didn't even score well enough to get any rewards, so I'm interested in what the score tiers for rewards wind up being

So how would you play with people for Multiplayer Ogre Oustin? Do you do Union Circle, is it in-person vs online?

I didn't do anything past the one mandatory run for the EXP charm so haven't seen how infamously hard it seems to get.

So how would you play with people for Multiplayer Ogre Oustin? Do you do Union Circle, is it in-person vs online?

I didn't do anything past the one mandatory run for the EXP charm so haven't seen how infamously hard it seems to get.
The game makes you use a link code offline or online so there is no ingame random queue. I think Hard is intended to be done with a full 4 players communicating since you need a dedicated guard, but so far I've been playing with random people from the internet with mixed results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)