SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Honestly I find 0 Attack to be not worth the time. The difference in damage from Foul Play is miniscule.
I'm guessing you've never survived hitting yourself in Confusion with 1 HP because of a 0 Atk IV. :P

More seriously, 0 Speed for Trick Room and Gyro Ball is important if you use those.

Less seriously, style points. 'nuf said. You'd be amazed what some people do for little things that barely matter just because they can.
*flexes "optimal" Shedinja that doesn't have or need EVs*

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Worldie what are the bag categories in the game and did they move where the Vitamins went
Medicines (Potion, Revive)
Poké Balls
Battle Items (Poké Doll, iirc the X Stats go here too)
Berries
Other Items (Rare Candy, Exp. Candy, vitamins, feathers, mints, Evolutionary Stones, Quick Claw, Soothe Bell, Soft Sand, Assault Vest, Dark Tera Shard...)
TMs
TM Materials
Treasures (Nugget, Pearl)
Picnic Items (I'm never touching this one)
Key Items

Medicines (Potion, Revive)
Poké Balls
Battle Items (Poké Doll, iirc the X Stats go here too)
Berries
Other Items (Rare Candy, Exp. Candy, vitamins, feathers, mints, Evolutionary Stones, Quick Claw, Soothe Bell, Soft Sand, Assault Vest, Dark Tera Shard...)
TMs
TM Materials
Treasures (Nugget, Pearl)
Picnic Items (I'm never touching this one)
Key Items
Thanks for this. Still wish the Other Items pocket had a redesign (move vitamines to battle items or medicines, give evolution items their own spot, etc) to it, but...oh well.

oh actually do you have an image of the TM Materials, I didn't see anything that jumped out on the item sheet

Everyone

It happened

He’s saved

Honestly I think the changing of idle animations like this (or how they don't have the 'these were only made for Sky Battles which only existed in gen 6' animations in situations where you're grounded) should've happened sooner. In Legends they tweaked some idles but not all of them.

I guess in some ways Gamefreak HAS learned. Obviously not in others though.

apparently the patch can change from HA to normal ability, so that might be worth testing out if someone can edit it in.
If true, this would be evidence that GF is planning to reset moves on HOME transfer to Gen 9. No more Virtual Console Machamp + Fissure + No Guard to worry about.

HD Sprites of all(?) items

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yufm55
I think Booster Energy is the item between the last Tera Shard and the Ability Shield.
Also, gonna do a quick search for The Hammer :psywoke:
Reddit pointed out that for some reason, the Timer Ball specifically is missing??

Mario With Lasers

oh actually do you have an image of the TM Materials, I didn't see anything that jumped out on the item sheet
1668399454849.png

Just a silly bag.

Reddit pointed out that for some reason, the Timer Ball specifically is missing??
Timer Ball absolutely is in the game, however.
Giacomo (Dark-type Team Star leader) has a Pawniard in what can only be a Timer Ball (unless some other ball spawns floating clocks in the switch-in animation).

DHR Edit: story spoilers

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it even worth breeding this gen?

You can pretty much catch any mon, level it to 50 like you probably had to anyways, and hypertrain it, mint it, egg move transfer, and if you really need to ability patch it.

ig for shinies but now I wonder if breeding for them is more efficient than just finding swarms (which has better shiny odds) and running around like legends: arceus.

Resources dont seem that scarce either.
No.
Not because its easier than before, but because I can just use Showdown or inject lol. It'll be like this until there is Showdown like Teambuilder in the mainline games or in a spin off.

They're making the game so easy. It takes the rarity aspect out of Pokemon and throws it out the window if everyone gets a trophy. It also kills the whole point of trading aside from the handful of version exclusives.

I think it was fine in Sword and Shield.
First of all, there are a million of other ridiculous trash to make mons "rare" without impacting gameplay like ribbons and shinies.

Second, "everyone gets a trophy", nah bro. Ain't nobody getting nothing but L's unless they actually take these mons to the battlefield as they were intended to and earn their wins.

Matter of fact, since this pertains exclusively to the playable part of the game, we ain't talking about no living dex that's supposed to just sit there and look pretty. We're talking about actually playing the game. The entertainment part.

Breeding is a tedious, repetitive task. I'd do it if I was paid to, because that shit might as well be a lame job. Imagine coming back from work and saying, "Man, I can't wait to get these mons breeding."
Even pros gen this shit because ain't nobody got time to deal with that.

I think it was fine in Sword and Shield.
1668399691514.png

Man, GTFO. :totodiLUL:

The Pal Park Ball is still here. Do you think they'll ever do anything with this? There's really no reason to keep bringing the sprite and updating it at this point...Like the Legends Arceus balls aren't here so it's clearly not some ID conservation thing going on.
This reminds me that I recently saw on Bulbapedia that they replaced the Park Ball's index number (for the stored ball in pokemon data) with the Strange Ball for some reason. I didn't even know it was there to begin with.
1668400001201.png

Also one of the ingame school classes has given us an official answer to the whole super stab tera multiplier debate. It is Adaptability. Thank you school.
1668399171245.png

EDIT: Also apparently you can give your eggs to the school instead of hatching them but I haven't heard much else about that.

Last edited:
Glad Medicham got Close Combat and the new Axe Kick move.

Do we know what other affect Snow does? I know it doesn't damage but it has to do something else... Sandstorm has the chip damage and sp.def boost. Sun powers up fire moves and halves water and vice versa for Rain.

Mario With Lasers

Glad Medicham got Close Combat and the new Axe Kick move.

Do we know what other affect Snow does? I know it doesn't damage but it has to do something else... Sandstorm has the chip damage and sp.def boost. Sun powers up fire moves and halves water and vice versa for Rain.
Snow boosts the Defense (and only Defense, not Sp. Def) stat of Ice-types.

The “Once-in-a-lifetime” Ribbon from Surprise Trading is intriguing. It was likely added to incentivize actually raising a Pokémon that is lucky enough to arrive to you with it, rather than attempting to get it onto one of your own Pokémon (which is nearly impossible outside of hacking of course).

GameFreak probably knows that most people have simply used Surprise Trade fodder to breed their own perfect Pokémon since Gen 6, but now if the Pokémon has the ribbon then one might consider raising it up if only for the rare title. It’s sort of like how they added Marks on wild Pokémon in SS to encourage raising something caught in the wild instead of breeding for everything.

QoL improvements such as the ability to have Egg Moves on anything and the Ability Patch complement this perfectly as well.

The “Once-in-a-lifetime” Ribbon from Surprise Trading is intriguing. It was likely added to incentivize actually raising a Pokémon that is lucky enough to arrive to you with it, rather than attempting to get it onto one of your own Pokémon (which is nearly impossible outside of hacking of course).
I guarantee you 99% of mons you receive with the OIAL ribbon will be from those bots mass Surprise Trading away free mons

I don't know if this is the right place but... are PS! developers keeping track of the leaks so they can implement everything Day 1? I have so many ideas for VGC I need a ladder ASAP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)