SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

They're making the game so easy. It takes the rarity aspect out of Pokemon and throws it out the window if everyone gets a trophy. It also kills the whole point of trading aside from the handful of version exclusives.

I think it was fine in Sword and Shield.
there was nothing difficult about those aspects of the game. it was never a test of skill, it was tedious busy work. Nothing more.

I get this argument when you're talking about in game battles, but breeding?? :pikuh:
I'm not seeing how breeding was a problem. You could always trade and get a near perfect Pokemon. Which is one of the points of the game, trading. They replaced it with sandwiches and other even more annoying animations. That is even more annoying. How much time do we really want to spend collecting sandwich jpegs?

I mean it's grounded on the overworld, the starmobiles (significantly more elaborate!) are on the ground, and it looks like it's "flat" in the air there so soemthing tells me that's not it and that this might just be a glitch
Its not a glitch, screenshots are from a full gym battle and it pretty much floats the whole time. The wheels spin mid air.

My guess is that GF couldn't figure out how to animate it well while grounded. Many other formerly flying Pokemon now have grounded animations. Still looks cool, but a bit of a letdown as well.
Its probably this, cause even when it attacks it just flies towards the target.

The changes aren't even that drastic, even
Eggs hatching faster is something that should have been done ages ago
The various "fix them" items being more available instead of endless BT grinds is a great change and lets yo uactually experiment with them properly

and the Egg Transfer being group agnostic makes way more sense, instead of it needing to be the same species that had the move. And this is the only true major enhancement

I'm not seeing how breeding was a problem. You could always trade and get a near perfect Pokemon. Which is one of the points of the game, trading. They replaced it with sandwiches and other even more annoying animations. That is even more annoying. How much time do we really want to spend collecting sandwich jpegs?
you don't need to use sandwiches

I'm not seeing how breeding was a problem. You could always trade and get a near perfect Pokemon. Which is one of the points of the game, trading. They replaced it with sandwiches and other even more annoying animations.
You could always trade for someone's 6iv mon, but I don't think anyone complained when Destiny Knot was added to the game to make IV breeding easier.

Breeding isn't fun. Making dozens upon dozens of eggs and having to check the IV checker to make sure they have the right stats isn't fun, it's just busywork for the sake of it.

They're making the game so easy. It takes the rarity aspect out of Pokemon and throws it out the window if everyone gets a trophy. It also kills the whole point of trading aside from the handful of version exclusives.

Good thing they added that new badge for you that comes at a 1% chance when you random trade.

Now you can go for that hyper rarity tag by surprise trading out your perfect iv hidden ability shiny neutral natured (but jolly) meowscarada, and surprise trading millions of times in the hopes you get your pokemon back from someone with the same mindset as you

I'm not seeing how breeding was a problem. You could always trade and get a near perfect Pokemon. Which is one of the points. They replaced it with sandwiches and other even more annoying animations.
Breeding for good mons has always been extremely tedious and lacking of any skill. it's not like there's a breeding boss or something, it was just convoluted and needed too many steps to get one single good mon.

The easier breeding is, the more accessible competitive on card is

I've never really found it tedious tbh, I've always found it relaxing, weirdly enough. That said, I do enjoy any and all attempts to make it more accessible since it helps remove barriers to entry for VGC.

That said:

Is it even worth breeding this gen?

You can pretty much catch any mon, level it to 50 like you probably had to anyways, and hypertrain it, mint it, egg move transfer, and if you really need to ability patch it.

ig for shinies but now I wonder if breeding for them is more efficient than just finding swarms (which has better shiny odds) and running around like legends: arceus.

Resources dont seem that scarce either.

You can pretty much catch any mon, level it to 50 like you probably had to anyways, and hypertrain it, mint it, egg move transfer, and if you really need to ability patch it.

ig for shinies but now I wonder if breeding for them is more efficient than just finding swarms (which has better shiny odds) and running around like legends: arceus.

Resources dont seem that scarce either.
Can't Bottle Cap to 0 and there's several 'mons you'll want at 0 speed. Or 0 Attack.

That still costs money and requires some effort. These QOL additions are clearly made it so you don't have to discard an almost perfect mon because it got a bad nature or not great ivs (or saving shinies), but doing them all at once is very costly! Especially if you do that to an entire team. Egg move transfer is faster but breeding the move means it stays on your moveset forever, so it's faster in the long run

That still costs money and requires some effort. These QOL additions are clearly made it so you don't have to discard an almost perfect mon because it got a bad nature or not great ivs (or saving shinies), but doing them all at once is very costly! Especially if you do that to an entire team. Egg move transfer is faster but breeding the move means it stays on your moveset forever, so it's faster in the long run
I think the bigger thing Gamefreak was going for is making the Pokémon you used throughout the gameplay of the main story actually be viable competively.

I don't think it made much sense to them that players would get attached to their stater, route 2 bird and rodent, then to just never use them again because you bred a better mon.

They want that Pokémon you got attached to, that you beat the champion with, to actually be used in online battles

I've never really found it tedious tbh, I've always found it relaxing, weirdly enough. That said, I do enjoy any and all attempts to make it more accessible since it helps remove barriers to entry for VGC.

That said:

Same. It's monotonous but in a way I find calming and I like having the Pokémon as a result to be able see the time I put into it. But with the latest improvement I'll probably only do it for shinys when the spawn rate is low.

Good to know other people find the monotony enjoyable sometimes but I also know that most people don't enjoy it so any change that let's them (and myself if I'm in a pinch) avoid spending so much time building a team only to test it and have to make replacements and spending even more time breeding new Pokémon is a welcome change.

My guess is that GF couldn't figure out how to animate it well while grounded. Many other formerly flying Pokemon now have grounded animations. Still looks cool, but a bit of a letdown as well.
That doesn't make much sense at all, Carkol was just last gen and it returned in SV-it's body plan is the exact same but on the ground. The more likely explanation lies in Varoom's dex entry-it states that a Poison Pokemon "inspirited" (possessed) some scrapyard Steel and it came into existence. It's basically a Ghost type without actually being a Ghost type, like how Dhelmise is a Steel type without actually being a Steel type.

You can disable cutscenes by closing your eyeballs and shouting "LALA I CANT HEAR YOU!" at your device. When you look again, the cutscene will be over. Trust me, it works. :psysly:
I would have tried it last weekend for Ultra Sun (already played Moon so cutscenes are generally pointless) but since I preordered I'll probably be playing Violet until at least Christmas lol.

Quick side note, I think it got a little brushed over that both Urshifus got SD……..

Both might actually get banned now lmao, that’s one of the most busted buffs I’ve seen in a while
Urshifu-Rapid in Ubers. Finally.

So weird that they made Headlong Rush a Punching move, but not the one with punches and kicks in the animation..
Okay, even I can't explain this one. I have no clue why it's a punching move.

This is such a steal

Considering the game auctions Premier Balls just like that, I wouldn't be surprised if we could get Apriballs this way too
Sell Cherish Balls during special events. Now THAT would be a steal.

Everyone

It happened

He’s saved

Against all odds, hope was found in the darkness that followed Tinkaton's fall from grace.

I mean it's grounded on the overworld, the starmobiles (significantly more elaborate!) are on the ground, and it looks like it's "flat" in the air there so soemthing tells me that's not it and that this might just be a glitch
I don't think the starmobile has ever been shown as on the ground? especially with its back wheels being varoom, it always looked to me like a hover car kicking up a lot of dirt to stay afloat. I think these are just another set of floating steel types (though usually those have levitate, and don't have wheels lmao).

Unless you're going for 0 IVs in certain stats, probably not unless you don't do many in game battles or raids. Money is so easy to get if you play the game.

That said, there's something about having Pokemon that are "naturally perfect."
I'm assuming money is in limited supply or can you just keep earning money by replaying gyms? Yet we can't seem to replay the champions which is kind of odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)