SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

So to anyone trying to measure how strong Tinkaton actually is:

252 Atk Tinkaton Gigaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 181-214 (53 - 62.7%)

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew on a critical hit: 183-219 (53.6 - 64.2%)

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 189-223 (55.4 - 65.3%)

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 163-193 (47.8 - 56.5%)

It's about on par with OU damage. Probably shouldn't run Choice Band because then it's just a bad Slaking. But then again it's not like this guy has much else to do. Band it, Tera it, slap something silly with 160 BP STAB Adaptability hammers, then box it away until the lower tiers are formed where this guy can be unironically usable.

Clefable had no transfer moves early gen 8 yet it was so overwhelming that some people called for it to be banned.

Clefable, just like life, always finds a way.
Well to be fair, as of now, it's not finding any way since it's not in the game data anyway :psysly:
It's about on par with OU damage. Probably shouldn't run Choice Band because then it's just a bad Slaking. But then again it's not like this guy has much else to do. Band it, Tera it, slap something silly with 160 BP STAB Adaptability hammers, then box it away until the lower tiers are formed where this guy can be unironically usable.
yeeaah i dont see it making a splash in OU or even UU for what matters.

Funnily I think it may be just banned by whatever tier it drops to eventually cause powerlevel will be low enough that it kills something every other turn.

That said, I still think it has potential for VGC. Same reason I said a few times: ofc has the nuclear stab, has Fake out, good supportive moveset, solid bulk, good speed, good typing.

Huh, Basculegion has egg moves set and White Stripe Basculin no longer evolves into it. Stantler also only gets Psyshield as an egg move, so you'll have to transfer in an existing Wyrdeer in order to evolve Stantler.
Stantler, Scyther, Ursaring & Qwilfish-H all have an unknown shared evolution method with no parameters set that people are thinking means they just can't evolve anymore.

RIP Clefable 2013-2022
With the PP nerfs on most healing moves, Clefable can just run Moonlight now instead of Softboiled since they'd both be 5PP?
Only real downside is having to deal with the weathers.

Stantler, Scyther, Ursaring & Qwilfish-H all have an unknown shared evolution method with no parameters set that people are thinking means they just can't evolve anymore.
Doesn't really surprise me, we haven't been able to evolve into Alolan formes anymore either.

How have none of the thousands of people playing the game caught the ruin sublegend quartet and tested what triggers the ability?

also we know people have the paradox mons by now, yet nobody is testing the degree of the boost from the ability.

also we know people have the paradox mons by now, yet nobody is testing the degree of the boost from the ability.
The problem is that it's not a visible buff, so you can't just math it out, there's too many shits at play like IV, EVs, natures, etc.

To test these things, you need players to be able to actually play against each other... which you can't as connecting online with these games is not possible as it'd get your switch banned pretty quickly.

Re: Toxic getting erased from existence, there's a part of me that thinks that its removal wasn't a competitive consideration. Rather, the game has further emphasized single-opponent boss fights (raids, titans, starmobiles) where damage based off of percentages of a single HP bar are strongest. So instead of realizing that the battle system is not set up to do this and changing the boss design, they remove parts of that system until it is.

So to anyone trying to measure how strong Tinkaton actually is:

252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew on a critical hit: 183-219 (53.6 - 64.2%)

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 189-223 (55.4 - 65.3%)

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 163-193 (47.8 - 56.5%)

Yeah, I think it'll be ok in the lower tiers, though it kinda stinks that its carried by its signature move so hard. For reference, Mega Mawile's Iron Head is also basically 160 BP but has more PP and more useful effects than Tinkaton's Gigaton Hammer. Still, as far as normal mons go, it isn't the worst thing ever and will probably be decent. Its got decent speed and Swords Dance so my Hypothetical meta set would be Swords Dance / Gigaton Hammer / Protect / Knock Off since it'll leverage its offensive and defensive benefits both quite well.

TCTphantom

formerly MX42
With the PP nerfs on most healing moves, Clefable can just run Moonlight now instead of Softboiled since they'd both be 5PP?
Only real downside is having to deal with the weathers.
Not only is Moonlight worse than Softboiled because of all the weather shenanigans, but Clef also loses a lot of utility moves. Teleport, Knock Off, Seismic Toss, Heal Bell, and Toxic. Losing these moves and more is a noticeable hit to its viability.

Re: Toxic getting erased from existence, there's a part of me that thinks that its removal wasn't a competitive consideration. Rather, the game has further emphasized single-opponent boss fights (raids, titans, starmobiles) where damage based off of percentages of a single HP bar are strongest. So instead of realizing that the battle system is not set up to do this and changing the boss design, they remove parts of that system until it is.
Nah, not really.

Toxic was a ""global TM"" that never had any reason to be global in first place. Why can every pokemon learn to spread toxins? Sure Pokemon kinda fails at logic but that one was way below the average pokemon logic.

They stopped distributing it everywhere in gen 8 already, and are simply continuing that logic.

It just looks like GF doesn't want "generic TMs" anymore outside a sparce amount of generic utilities like Protect.
Understandably so, since logically speaking a move that "everyone learns" doesn't make much sense either.

How have none of the thousands of people playing the game caught the ruin sublegend quartet and tested what triggers the ability?

I don’t think it’s that difficult.
1. Battle a bulky Pokémon
2. Attack and measure damage
3. Set up sunny day
4. Attack again and measure damage
5. Repeat enough times that the results are accurate

Im 100% sure I could pull it off if I had the game and a paradox mon.

Not only is Moonlight worse than Softboiled because of all the weather shenanigans, but Clef also loses a lot of utility moves. Teleport, Knock Off, Seismic Toss, Heal Bell, and Toxic. Losing these moves and more is a noticeable hit to its viability.
Tecnically, Clefable at the moment lost nothing.

It's not in the game data, so it's impossible to know its SV moveset.
For what we know, it could have stuff like Night Shade that replaces Seismic Toss, it could have new moves, or it could have nothing.

But since it's not in the game at all, we know nothing.
I don’t think it’s that difficult.
1. Battle a bulky Pokémon
2. Attack and measure damage
3. Set up sunny day
4. Attack again and measure damage
5. Repeat enough times that the results are accurate

Im 100% sure I could pull it off if I had the game and a paradox mon.
Without knowing the EV/IV/Nature of what you're fighting, it's not realistic. Too much variance.

Same reason for which before the actual datamine we didn't even know the exact BST of the pokemon people were catching. You can get ranges, but not the actual numbers.

That just means that the method isn't something that's existed in the games before - there are several new Gen 9 Pokemon that have an unknown evolution method as well. Considering that several of the other Hisuian mons such as Growlithe or Sneasel have evolution methods that we actually do know, that's very likely not the case.
Basculin-H specifically was changed to evolve into an invalid index number instead of Basculegion, and Basculegion specifically has egg moves defined (unlike any other evolved Pokemon), so I think there's a bit more credence to it being an outlier.

Yeah, but all defensive mons get super stomped on by this change.
Even Toxapex, virtually the only one to keep Toxic, will be unable to touch Steels and Poisons now with the removal of Scald and Knock Off.

There's going to be a massive shift in defensive cores, if they're even viable anymore. The only defensive 'mon untouched by the move change, Ferrothorn, isn't even in this generation.

Yeah, I think it'll be ok in the lower tiers, though it kinda stinks that its carried by its signature move so hard. For reference, Mega Mawile's Iron Head is also basically 160 BP but has more PP and more useful effects than Tinkaton's Gigaton Hammer. Still, as far as normal mons go, it isn't the worst thing ever and will probably be decent. Its got decent speed and Swords Dance so my Hypothetical meta set would be Swords Dance / Gigaton Hammer / Protect / Knock Off since it'll leverage its offensive and defensive benefits both quite well.
You know what's really funny is that regular Mawile has LO Sheer Force Iron Heads with no drawbacks that are on par with Hammer.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mawile Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mew: 183-216 (45.4 - 53.5%)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mew: 247-292 (61.2 - 72.4%)

Of course LO or Band Hammer will do more damage but come with substantial downsides. Mawile can just click whatever and that isn't getting into the rest of its movepool. Tinkaton has to use sort-of Banded Hyper Beam to out-damage Mawile.

Once again, Centro is pulling that crap out of his ass, because HOME compatibility is MONTHS AWAY, and that thing is handled by HOME. It was the case with BDSP and Legends, as the former was a bug fest and the later had completely different approaches to movesets.

There would be precedent for this to not be the case for SV, as Pokemon placed in those aren't expected to be able to be deposited back in Gen VIII games, but, we CANNOT KNOW until HOME updates MONTHS FROM NOW.

Centro is a fucking bocachancla who won't say "we don't know" if he can get clicks.

Tecnically, Clefable at the moment lost nothing.

It's not in the game data, so it's impossible to know its SV moveset.
For what we know, it could have stuff like Night Shade that replaces Seismic Toss, it could have new moves, or it could have nothing.

But since it's not in the game at all, we know nothing.

Without knowing the EV/IV/Nature of what you're fighting, it's not realistic. Too much variance.

Same reason for which before the actual datamine we didn't even know the exact BST of the pokemon people were catching. You can get ranges, but not the actual numbers.
EV and IV do not have any effect on the calculation when you are comparing damage against the same exact target.

Even Toxapex, virtually the only one to keep Toxic, will be unable to touch Steels and Poisons now with the removal of Scald and Knock Off.
I'd point that Toxapex still gets "scald at home". It's same move but without the burn and instead a guaranteed -atk drop.

Sure it's less impactful in long term, but it can definitely still chip them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)