SPOILERS! Scarlet and Violet Gameplay/Story Leaks

Khu also said, " why do cute girls not like cute things these days", which suggests that Chimecho gets an evolution and becomes big and menacing/intimidating or just outright ugly.
I feel the need to discount this as a contradiction, since it's clearly forgetting Poppy's ace being Tinkaton.

If there is indeed a new Chimecho evo, that would have to make Dokutaro the "+ 1". This is really crazy speculation, but if Dokutaro is the "+1", does that mean it's... not catchable? Either uncatchable in SV or has no dex data. Given what we currently know of the story from leaks, Dokutaro isn't pulling the "lashing out while hurt and confused/controlled by an asshole/just a feral animal" shtick most antagonistic Pokemon do - there seems to be a level of calculated planning and malice with how it controlled the Loyal Three (and presumably Kieran). I can see a story justification where it's a special level of dangerous where keeping it around is too much of a risk, at least for this game.

The “6+1+x” clue is seemingly the blueprint for alternate forms

1. Bloodmoon Ursaluna
2. Artisan Form Poltchageist
3. Masterpiece Form Sinistcha
4. Wellspring Mask Ogerpon
5. Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon
6. Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon

1. Terastal Form Terapagos

x. ???

Plus, Khu recently said this: “Well, by far, I see no correct speculation of 7+8+‘1’, that 1, is a very purposeful pokemon.” That seems to suggest that the 1 is a new Pokémon species that we haven’t figured out yet.
I am wondering if the 1 is just terapagos occurring in the "return to area zero" part after completing the blueberry academy league. Since that would be over in Paldea, it might end up after the Raidons in the Paldea dex. It could be that dokutaro is the main legendary of blueberry academy and in that dex, and then there's one more new mon that we currently don't know about.

Not sure what the 'x' would mean for form count, though. Maybe it's something like baby terapagos being only an out of battle form and it's always terastal form in battle, so it kind of has forms but not really. Khu only knows at this point.

The “6+1+x” clue is seemingly the blueprint for alternate forms

1. Bloodmoon Ursaluna
2. Artisan Form Poltchageist
3. Masterpiece Form Sinistcha
4. Wellspring Mask Ogerpon
5. Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon
6. Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon

1. Terastal Form Terapagos

x. ???

Plus, Khu recently said this: “Well, by far, I see no correct speculation of 7+8+‘1’, that 1, is a very purposeful pokemon.” That seems to suggest that the 1 is a new Pokémon species that we haven’t figured out yet.
What if it really is that simple?
  • The "x" in "6+1+x" is for alternate forms new to Indigo Disk on Pokemon in neither the Kitakami Dex (the "6") nor the Blueberry Dex (the "1") - in this case, it would be the speculated Koraidon-Tera and Miraidon-Tera, possibly with extras
  • The "1" in "7+8+1" is for new Pokemon in neither the Kitakami Dex (the "7") nor the Blueberry Dex (the "8") - or possibly new Pokemon in the Indigo Disk that are not in the Blueberry Dex (e.g. are in the Kitakami Dex instead)?! - it looks like we need to go back to Kitakami in Indigo Disk based on the new/placeholder text there, so this looks like the best place for "Dokutaro", and if the Kitakami Dex won't make room for a 201st Pokemon that someone at Peachy's clearly remembers...
Speaking of "Dokutaro", anyone here have a large enough picture of its plushie in Peachy's? I don't have the actual Teal Mask DLC.

Had a thought just now. Anyone else noticed how much the Toxic Chains resemble the windings of the snakes on a caduceus? ..."Dokutaro" prompting Dipplin to evolve theories intensify...

Last edited:
The "x" in "6+1+x" is for alternate forms new to Indigo Disk on Pokemon in neither the Kitakami Dex (the "6") nor the Blueberry Dex (the "1") - in this case, it would be the speculated Koraidon-Tera and Miraidon-Tera, possibly with extras
I don’t think it’d be referring to the Raidons’ Tera Forms, because Ogerpon’s Tera Forms seemingly weren’t counted among the “6.” Unless Khu dovetailed them with the standard Masked forms.

The "1" in "7+8+1" is for new Pokemon in neither the Kitakami Dex (the "7") nor the Blueberry Dex (the "8") - or possibly new Pokemon in the Indigo Disk that are not in the Blueberry Dex (e.g. are in the Kitakami Dex instead)?! - it looks like we need to go back to Kitakami in Indigo Disk based on the new/placeholder text there, so this looks like the best place for "Dokutaro", and if the Kitakami Dex won't make room for a 201st Pokemon that someone at Peachy's clearly remembers...
Frankly it’d be kind of weird for most of the “8” to be part of the Blueberry Dex from a lore standpoint. Dokutaro seems more relevant to Kitakami, and I highly doubt that Terapagos or the Paradox trios will be found anywhere other than Area Zero. (Unless the Blueberry Dex is explained as being more unconventional than usual; like if it’s more like a record of all of Blueberry Academy’s research including the finale trip to Area Zero.)

Speaking of "Dokutaro", anyone here have a large enough picture of its plushie in Peachy's? I don't have the actual Teal Mask DLC.
Middle-top image

I don’t think it’d be referring to the Raidons’ Tera Forms, because Ogerpon’s Tera Forms seemingly weren’t counted among the “6.” Unless Khu dovetailed them with the standard Masked forms.
I think Khu dovetailed them in. Note how Game Freak promoted Ogerpon's giant mask Tera form - they didn't even say a form change was involved (in the code)!

Things get even messier for Ogerpon anyway considering that she changes her cloak to go with each mask, then walks around maskless but new-cloaked in the overworld. (What, 8 battle forms and 4 more overworld forms?!?)

On a different note, there is an unused line about the league challenge NPC giving multiple items in sub_042 as well as congratulating you between checking the number of battles.
Not quite getting into the full story script yet, but I wanted to note that the Indigo Disk equivalent in guidance counselors kind of make use of this mechanic now, where they have multiple rewards for a different number of battles and give them all at once if you already have them all completed.

[VAR BD06(0000)]You received [VAR 0204(0001,002C)] BP from the guidance\ncounselor!
Hey there, exchange student! Your friendly\nneighborhood guidance counselor here!
Hope it doesn’t feel too invasive for me to ask...\nAre you keeping up with your Pokémon battles?
Here at Blueberry Academy, we try to get the\nstudents excited to battle each other.\c\nWhich means I’ll give you BP for battling the\nstudents here—the more battles, the more BP!
So, why don’t you try to defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] student[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s here\nin the Savanna Biome?
So, why don’t you try to defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] student[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s here\nin the Canyon Biome?
So, why don’t you try to defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] student[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s here\nin the Coastal Biome?
So, why don’t you try to defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] student[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s here\nin the Polar Biome?
So far, you’ve defeated [VAR 0201(0003)] student[VAR 1101(0003,0100)]s here in the\nSavanna Biome!
So far, you’ve defeated [VAR 0201(0003)] student[VAR 1101(0003,0100)]s here in the\nCanyon Biome!
So far, you’ve defeated [VAR 0201(0003)] student[VAR 1101(0003,0100)]s here in the\nCoastal Biome!
So far, you’ve defeated [VAR 0201(0003)] student[VAR 1101(0003,0100)]s here in the\nPolar Biome!
Come see me again once you’ve defeated\n[VAR 0201(0002)] students, OK?
Wow, great job! Look at you, being all proactive\nabout finding other students to battle!
Here’s some BP for you—a reward for all that\nhard work!
And here’s a little bonus from me!
Your next goal is to defeat [VAR 0201(0002)] student[VAR 1101(0002,0100)]s...\nWait a second—are you already done?!
If you go and get yourself even more wins, I’ll\nhave another reward waiting here for you!
Wait, don’t tell me... Did you...?\c\nYep, looks like you went ahead and defeated\nevery student in the Savanna Biome!
Wait, don’t tell me... Did you...?\c\nYep, looks like you went ahead and defeated\nevery student in the Canyon Biome!
Wait, don’t tell me... Did you...?\c\nYep, looks like you went ahead and defeated\nevery student in the Coastal Biome!
Wait, don’t tell me... Did you...?\c\nYep, looks like you went ahead and defeated\nevery student in the Polar Biome!
Well, I think you’ve earned yourself a nice\nreward!
Oh, and...another extra-special bonus for you!
There are guidance counselors like myself in the\nother biomes, y’know! You should go find them!
You’ve defeated every student in every biome!\nThat deserves an extra-EXTRA-special bonus!
I hope you continue to experience the joy of\nPokémon battling for years to come!
I still can’t believe you defeated every single\nstudent in the Savanna Biome! How impressive!
I still can’t believe you defeated every single\nstudent in the Canyon Biome! How impressive!
I still can’t believe you defeated every single\nstudent in the Coastal Biome! How impressive!
I still can’t believe you defeated every single\nstudent in the Polar Biome! How impressive!

So I have never been annoyed at story teras like some people have but it is funny to me that the one character in the entire game to tera into something that other than their type specialty or natural tera is Kieren's Hydrapple and even then while it does bypass the ice weakness it definitely strikes me more as for flavor of the character than anything else.

So I have never been annoyed at story teras like some people have but it is funny to me that the one character in the entire game to tera into something that other than their type specialty or natural tera is Kieren's Hydrapple and even then while it does bypass the ice weakness it definitely strikes me more as for flavor of the character than anything else.
Not in the story but for rematch teams, they changed Geeta's ace to Kingambit and made it Tera Flying lmao.

They've clearly been taking notes from competitive.

The thing I find weird about it is that while the flavor is a thing, it doesn't really do anything too helpful for Kieran's Hydrapple compared to something like a Steel Tera or even a pure-STAB one, which I almost find more bizarre given all the other Leaders benefit from the raw Power save Lacey, whose Excadrill has synergy with Fairy (Ground smacking its two weaknesses for SE damage while shedding its Specially-focused weaknesses and making the Physically-biased Fighting into a Resist). Given Kieran is Champion for the BB League and the depiction backs it up pretty well for his levels and the rest of his team, I find his very haphazard Tera a bizarre design choice, especially when a strategic type change or a raw-power Same-Type ace both would fit his character for that battle.

Not in the story but for rematch teams, they changed Geeta's ace to Kingambit and made it Tera Flying lmao.

They've clearly been taking notes from competitive.
Notes in the same way as flipping to the middle of the Textbook and scanning around since this Gambit doesn't have SD or Sucker Punch like everyone and their Mother's Mother likes to run (granted having both might be a bit absurd against an in-game team).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)