Tournament Random Battles Team Tournament VII - Commencement Thread

You didn't get drafted and want to prove yourself for when somebody gets inevitably banned and teams will be forced to pick another player? Fear not, we have the perfect tournament for you! The gen 6 First Blood spotlight tour is a good way to vent if you are seeing red right now and want to see mons die faint multiple times (the series are in a best of 5 format for the first time too!). The deadline for signups is this Sunday but we accept subs until Wednesday!
Link here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-6-first-blood-random-battle-signups.3733612/

You didn't get drafted and want to prove yourself for when somebody gets inevitably banned and teams will be forced to pick another player? Fear not, we have the perfect tournament for you! The gen 6 First Blood spotlight tour is a good way to vent if you are seeing red right now and want to see mons die faint multiple times (the series are in a best of 5 format for the first time too!). The deadline for signups is this Sunday but we accept subs until Wednesday!
Link here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-6-first-blood-random-battle-signups.3733612/
Bro is a walking advertisement

Team power ranking (specifically requested by buhrito, i have no idea about half the players that got drafted so dont be angey at me :( ) oh yeah, and my reasons.
1. Ogerpon (VIVA LA FRANCE)
2. Suicune (seems pretty stacked and it has referrals so obviously good taste)
3. Hoopa (very solid team with incredible players on it)
4. Darkrai (michael)
5. Chi-yu (seems pretty promising with rogue on it)
6. Zekrom (I dont know much about this team but it always has a chance at taking it all)
7. Giratina (The only person I know on this team is platty )
8. Rayquaza (forsh loses to timer after getting subbed in)

Last edited:
As per tradition I will be posting my annual definitive ultimate and unbiased power ranking.

1. Zekrom: Some of the players of all time.
2. Suicune: who
3. Giratina-O: I don't know anyone on this team so it's probably good.
4. Hoopa: The only team that has a secondary win-con of Lady Writer not getting banned from the tour.
5. Ogerpon-H: I would do unspeakable things to gang.
6. Chi-Yu: Roginald's daycare team. Please watch your language around these youngsters.
7. Darkrai: Literally nobody on this team.
8. Rayquaza: The combined IQ of this team still doesn't boil water.

I am not taking questions at this time.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
I cross-referenced the format assignments with the draft positions in case any managers or prospective players want to Moneyball their way in next time.
Out of curiosity, did you use week1 LUs to determine which player was drafted for which format? Because presumably there's a bit of imprecision there, as managers shuffle (some) players around. Still, very interesting stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)