OU CCAT - Round 7 - Revision

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK time's up everyone. Here are the candidates:

Specially Defensive Rotom-W
Tailwind Hydreigon
Roost + 3 Attacks Kyurem-B
Hidden Power Fire Starmie
LO SR Garchomp
Toxic Orb Breloom
Physically Defensive Jellicent
SmashPass Gorebyss

To review the sets please click here.

Everyone gets 2 votes. You must use all of your votes. Your votes must be on seperate submissions.

Deadline is 2 days from now.

you can vote for your own set

Last edited:
Right so I believe we have a really solid core here. Jirachi lures in a lot of Landorus-T's counters (Skarmory, Gliscor, Hippowdon) very well, and takes a very nice chunk of their health or out right KO them. I feel that a good addition to this team would be...

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-W! Rotom-W beats basically all of Landorus-T's counters. It can switch into Skarmory, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and water type attacks aimed at Landorus-T. This is a pretty standard set, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective in this metagame. Rotom-W allows us to check top threats, namely Keldeo, Politoed, and Scarf Jirachi. Rotom-W's main switch in's (Lati@s, Celebi, and Kyurem-B) are all "checked" moderately well by Jirachi. So, lets talk through the EVs and move set. 28 SpAtk are used to OHKO Gliscor with Hydro Pump. The rest of the EVs are placed into HP and SpDef, allowing it easily tank special attacks like Jolteon's Volt Switch, Starmie's Thunder, and Politoed's Hydro Pump. Rest allows Rotom-W semi-reliable recovery along with Chesto Berry. Volt Switch is STAB and provide momentum in the form of switch advantage. Hydro Pump is STAB, and hits pretty hard in Rain. Hydro Pump also stops Ground types (bar Gastrodon) from switching into Volt Switch in fear of being hit hard by Hydro Pump. Will-O-Wisp allows Rotom-W to cripple a lot of Rotom-W switch ins, mainly Breloom and Ferrothorn.

Rotom-W is just a solid Pokemon in this Rain infested metagame, and I believe it would be a great addition to this team.
Ha, I suggested SDef Rotom-W last round but got bullied away by the Jirachi submission (as did everything else) :(. All cool though, I'll just vote for this instead of submitting myself. I'd like to add that currently, we have no fire/water resist but we do have 2 weaknesses to them which makes switching into fire/water hard so far. It seems pretty obvious that the next pokemon should be one that deals with this in some way. Rotom-W resists both fire and water and making it specially defensive (which most water and fire attacks are, things like waterfall and v-create are pretty rare compared to scald/hydro pump and fire blast). Icing on the cake is that it also resists ice (which is x4 on landorus-t) and is immune to ground attacks save mold breaker/teravolt ones.

Specially Defensive Rotom-W
Physically Defensive Jellicent

I would like to note that it isn't a Substitute Kyurem-B, but a 3 attacks + Roost one! I ultimately came to these two because these guys are the strongest water resists here and a the best answers to Choice Scarf Keldeo.

thread tools hidden on my phone so I never got to editting the title q.q

Edit: it does not matter if you wrote sub by mistake! It is kyurem-b either way

Last edited:
Ehm... Sub + 3 attacks Kyurem-B is actually Roost + 3 attacks. This is sad because if it really was sub + 3 attacks I'd have voted for it.

edit: ninja'd

SDef Rotom-W
SmashPass Gorebyss
(sadly the second best submission IMO, I'm not voting for IB Jellicent...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)