OMPL XI - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNNP

There is always next year
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You guys suck at PRs. Time to give you the ONLY PR that matters:

Power Rankings of Discord Mains:
(if I expect you to play, you're not ranked here so don't ask me why your name wasn't mentioned)

Ascended Rank:

motherlove
- ML is gone just like PSG's chances of ever winning a European trophy - no matter the talent and baguette-ness, il ne reste que le goût de la défaite. S'il était là-bas, je suggérerais de le drafter même s'il va 0-7; c'est mon mec.

gman - gman is gman. I don't need to say anything more. the dude DMed me on smogon when I was a no-name because he was the last 3k pick and felt bad that he "took my spot". 11/10 user would give him my sister's hand in marriage if I had one.

S rank:

LBN
- LBN is truly one of a kind - he will drop 12k lines on day 1 talking about "bodying" the opposition and "sending them fools packing" while he posts increasingly unconventional and (mostly) dogshit sets which matchup fish things such as "my opponent forgot they can Tera" and "I don't need a Flying resist in AAA, Talonflame is like the Chicago Bulls (what does he mean? not even he knows...). However, once in a while, he'll actually find some dogshit unset so VILE to the senses, that it works! He will no stop gas you (the managers) up, gas the players up, be a nuisance in battle whenever you get lucky ("OML HOW DOES HE DO IT?! / DESERVED CRIT FOR LOADING [conventional mon or set]!!!!") and never blame you for a loss in public OR in private. Top 1 cheerleader that no one else can come remotely close to. If you are a weeb, he can even talk to you about whatever shoujo romance he's watching/reading!

A+ rank:

tier -
tier ass-id is born and raised on the streets where he was gangbanging with shooters such as Jeremy "ewin" Kano and David "crashy-chan uwu" Ligma. My man will use his background as a petty thief to steal the show and perhaps even a win or two if you decide to slot him... His true power is his ability to accommodate for your needs. You want a tryhard team presence? Him-othy. You need a clown who gases you up? Him-alayan. You need a quiet guy who makes some imports or scouts? Him-era. Underrated and sleeper pick with a big downside: his ego is directly proportional to how well you guys are doing and it WILL pop in his face and embarrass him. Guaranteed laugh, though.

willdbeast - I could not get a discord main tier list without my partner in crime, the man who called me a discord main in public and made me cry: Will Da Beast. BH player extraordinaire getting word he doesn't really play it uhhhh OM team captain no he doesn't do that either... Food and cooking main willdbeast is hungry for wins and dropping clever 1-liners in YOUR discord. Will he give you any tests? Will he be actively useful? I honest to God don't know, he had me as a supporter last year on the Uh Oh Kommo-os and I muted all channels besides general and the meme channel where he'd share stuff such as this. I am told he's the OG OM discord presence so he gets ranked thanks to his connections to the shadow cabal of the other metagames world (read: Isaiah's landlord, Ransei's cable provider, the guy who works at the vet that Rex goes to).

A rank:

OM
- He's THAT guy. The friend who is always nice to be around. The friend who shows up 15 minutes late and you can't even fault him. The guy who "quit mons".
Excuse me I am getting notified from upstairs; OM not only failed to quit mons, he returned to play 1v1! Huge blow to his likeability meter, as we can now expect him to rename his account to fit in with those vile creatures. OM, or should I call him "dirty stained Jordans" as he's known in the 1v1 community, brings an air of positivity that is not easy to find. He actually would be a helpful builder and may help with things like scheduling or appeasing the hosts - this is a BIG no-no in my books. We're looking for guys who graduate with a GPA of 0,004.

pannu -

pannu is a unique case; normally I'd rank them as a player, since I think they're on like STABmons council? But since they've decided "Yeah, I wön't pläy STÅBmons this year, I will cäncer if you mäke me pläy it!" So now they're ranked as a discord main who will drop "uwu" "owo" and perhaps even ask you to add Mudae to your server. Yuck! But if that's your vibe, 10/10!

A- rank:

Fluore
- Has your like-post ratio fallen off? Have you ever wanted to team with someone who listens to k-pop and isn't weird about it? What about the person voted "most likely to cry for 2 weeks if smogon removed the like system"? Fluore is your guy! I honest to God don't know what he actually is supposed to main, as I see him play BSS, GSC NU, some UMs like 2v2... but he has one characteristic that is impossible to miss: the guy likewhores. He will drop whatever he's doing to drop his post in about 22 discord, 16 of which aren't even active JUST in case he gets 10 more likes total. He actually contributes to the team atmosphere and isn't complete dead-weight but he doesn't have that Dachsbun in him like users in the tiers above him do.

Ainzcrad - I am sorry to do this to my man but since I don't think he's a shooter I gotta add him here. Ainz is a fantastic presence who provides the degeneracy every teamcord needs as he suggests yall do a watch-along of his new favorite harem anime named something like "I got banned from Smogon for being a terrible presence so now I get women by planting tulips?!". His activity will NOT be as killer as some of the above picks because he pulls the classic "what if I sign up for 200000 tours". Any lines he drops will be insightful but at some point you'll interrupt him watching anime and he'll get cranky. You do NOT want that! Upside is he'll sub into anything if your team needs it.

piyush25 - piyush is a man of few words, but they're all impactful. His lines are always at least a bit witty and he will always be positive, adding flexing emojis to his encouraging words. When you're losing a week you should have gone or your play-off chances rely on winning week 7 and you're down 2 games already, he's your guy! Uplifting individual who multiplies in power when drafted alongside his brother-from-another-mother Spit Yoga Fire Arcanine. What else can I say besides "Jai Hind". small chance he doesn't talk much if no other Indians in the team.

Dishonorable mentions:

everyone I didn't mention here who doesn't start. I hate you in particular which is why you don't get any mentions! Or a starting spot! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Ok but who is David Ligma?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
You guys suck at PRs. Time to give you the ONLY PR that matters:

Power Rankings of Discord Mains:
(if I expect you to play, you're not ranked here so don't ask me why your name wasn't mentioned)

Ascended Rank:

motherlove
- ML is gone just like PSG's chances of ever winning a European trophy - no matter the talent and baguette-ness, il ne reste que le goût de la défaite. S'il était là-bas, je suggérerais de le drafter même s'il va 0-7; c'est mon mec.

gman - gman is gman. I don't need to say anything more. the dude DMed me on smogon when I was a no-name because he was the last 3k pick and felt bad that he "took my spot". 11/10 user would give him my sister's hand in marriage if I had one.

S rank:

LBN
- LBN is truly one of a kind - he will drop 12k lines on day 1 talking about "bodying" the opposition and "sending them fools packing" while he posts increasingly unconventional and (mostly) dogshit sets which matchup fish things such as "my opponent forgot they can Tera" and "I don't need a Flying resist in AAA, Talonflame is like the Chicago Bulls (what does he mean? not even he knows...). However, once in a while, he'll actually find some dogshit unset so VILE to the senses, that it works! He will no stop gas you (the managers) up, gas the players up, be a nuisance in battle whenever you get lucky ("OML HOW DOES HE DO IT?! / DESERVED CRIT FOR LOADING [conventional mon or set]!!!!") and never blame you for a loss in public OR in private. Top 1 cheerleader that no one else can come remotely close to. If you are a weeb, he can even talk to you about whatever shoujo romance he's watching/reading!

A+ rank:

tier -
tier ass-id is born and raised on the streets where he was gangbanging with shooters such as Jeremy "ewin" Kano and David "crashy-chan uwu" Ligma. My man will use his background as a petty thief to steal the show and perhaps even a win or two if you decide to slot him... His true power is his ability to accommodate for your needs. You want a tryhard team presence? Him-othy. You need a clown who gases you up? Him-alayan. You need a quiet guy who makes some imports or scouts? Him-era. Underrated and sleeper pick with a big downside: his ego is directly proportional to how well you guys are doing and it WILL pop in his face and embarrass him. Guaranteed laugh, though.

willdbeast - I could not get a discord main tier list without my partner in crime, the man who called me a discord main in public and made me cry: Will Da Beast. BH player extraordinaire getting word he doesn't really play it uhhhh OM team captain no he doesn't do that either... Food and cooking main willdbeast is hungry for wins and dropping clever 1-liners in YOUR discord. Will he give you any tests? Will he be actively useful? I honest to God don't know, he had me as a supporter last year on the Uh Oh Kommo-os and I muted all channels besides general and the meme channel where he'd share stuff such as this. I am told he's the OG OM discord presence so he gets ranked thanks to his connections to the shadow cabal of the other metagames world (read: Isaiah's landlord, Ransei's cable provider, the guy who works at the vet that Rex goes to).

A rank:

OM
- He's THAT guy. The friend who is always nice to be around. The friend who shows up 15 minutes late and you can't even fault him. The guy who "quit mons".
Excuse me I am getting notified from upstairs; OM not only failed to quit mons, he returned to play 1v1! Huge blow to his likeability meter, as we can now expect him to rename his account to fit in with those vile creatures. OM, or should I call him "dirty stained Jordans" as he's known in the 1v1 community, brings an air of positivity that is not easy to find. He actually would be a helpful builder and may help with things like scheduling or appeasing the hosts - this is a BIG no-no in my books. We're looking for guys who graduate with a GPA of 0,004.

pannu -

pannu is a unique case; normally I'd rank them as a player, since I think they're on like STABmons council? But since they've decided "Yeah, I wön't pläy STÅBmons this year, I will cäncer if you mäke me pläy it!" So now they're ranked as a discord main who will drop "uwu" "owo" and perhaps even ask you to add Mudae to your server. Yuck! But if that's your vibe, 10/10!

A- rank:

Fluore
- Has your like-post ratio fallen off? Have you ever wanted to team with someone who listens to k-pop and isn't weird about it? What about the person voted "most likely to cry for 2 weeks if smogon removed the like system"? Fluore is your guy! I honest to God don't know what he actually is supposed to main, as I see him play BSS, GSC NU, some UMs like 2v2... but he has one characteristic that is impossible to miss: the guy likewhores. He will drop whatever he's doing to drop his post in about 22 discord, 16 of which aren't even active JUST in case he gets 10 more likes total. He actually contributes to the team atmosphere and isn't complete dead-weight but he doesn't have that Dachsbun in him like users in the tiers above him do.

Ainzcrad - I am sorry to do this to my man but since I don't think he's a shooter I gotta add him here. Ainz is a fantastic presence who provides the degeneracy every teamcord needs as he suggests yall do a watch-along of his new favorite harem anime named something like "I got banned from Smogon for being a terrible presence so now I get women by planting tulips?!". His activity will NOT be as killer as some of the above picks because he pulls the classic "what if I sign up for 200000 tours". Any lines he drops will be insightful but at some point you'll interrupt him watching anime and he'll get cranky. You do NOT want that! Upside is he'll sub into anything if your team needs it.

piyush25 - piyush is a man of few words, but they're all impactful. His lines are always at least a bit witty and he will always be positive, adding flexing emojis to his encouraging words. When you're losing a week you should have gone or your play-off chances rely on winning week 7 and you're down 2 games already, he's your guy! Uplifting individual who multiplies in power when drafted alongside his brother-from-another-mother Spit Yoga Fire Arcanine. What else can I say besides "Jai Hind". small chance he doesn't talk much if no other Indians in the team.

Dishonorable mentions:

everyone I didn't mention here who doesn't start. I hate you in particular which is why you don't get any mentions! Or a starting spot! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
i am very angry
i have decided to take this as you bullying children, and you know what drampa does then...

Mocc 11 Geezers:
AG - Taka
BH - Tea Guzzler + tzaur
AAA - SpaceSpeakers / Natcrozma + Tranquility
NFE - lepton
STAB - Fissure + The Strap
MnM - xavgb + Tranquility
2v2 - Morgan / Krytocon
GG - Clementine / Instruct + ponchlake

Only took 24.5k xavgb for me to get only 14 players!
who tf let you get this draft?????

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Hey everyone! So, there's been a bit of a disconnect between AG and the other OMs in this tourney. With the switch from SS to SV and all the changes in the player base, I wanted to give some tips on players that could be helpful for managers.

Top Players:
TaxFraud
Fogbound Lake
Staxi
Inder
Takatk
Geysers
These guys have really stood out in the current scene. TaxFraud, Fogbound Lake, and Staxi had excellent records in AG Snake (TaxFraud: 5-2, Fogbound Lake: 6-2, Staxi: 4-1, Geysers 5-1). Inder played both SS and SV and had a great overall record of 5-1 (2-0 in SV). Plus, they've shown skills in Ubers, which is pretty similar to AG right now. If you want a solid AG pick, definitely consider these players. By the way, I've teamed up with Inder in AG Snake, and they're legit!

Other Notables:
Frozoid
Ballfire
polt
Bread Sandwich
Frito
These guys are solid builders and should put on a good show if given the chance. They might not have played SV AG in AG Snake, except for polt, but they're active in individual SV tours and in the community, so they know their stuff.

Uncertain Ones:
pdt
pichus
Icemaster
Bacon
These four are worth mentioning, but it's unclear how committed they are to the tier. pdt and pichus are great SV AG players, but they seem to be leaning toward other OMs this time. Not sure if they'll be down to support AG. Icemaster and Bacon achieved a lot in SS AG but haven't been around much in Gen 9. They mentioned both not being fans of Gen 9 Ubers or AG in general before, so it's a bit uncertain.
pichus edit: Icemaster and I didn't proofread this portion, we are not willing to support AG, we just want to play the other tiers we signed up for

Any other solid tournaments player could play do as well as these, as Gen 8 and 7 are very different from Gen 9. Sorry if I missed anyone! There are plenty of other good options out there too. Cowritten with Zayele and Icemaster :)

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hey everyone! So, there's been a bit of a disconnect between AG and the other OMs in this tourney. With the switch from SS to SV and all the changes in the player base, I wanted to give some tips on players that could be helpful for managers.

Top Players:
TaxFraud
Fogbound Lake
Staxi
Inder
Takatk
Geysers
These guys have really stood out in the current scene. TaxFraud, Fogbound Lake, and Staxi had excellent records in AG Snake (TaxFraud: 5-2, Fogbound Lake: 6-2, Staxi: 4-1, Geysers 5-1). Inder played both SS and SV and had a great overall record of 5-1 (2-0 in SV). Plus, they've shown skills in Ubers, which is pretty similar to AG right now. If you want a solid AG pick, definitely consider these players. By the way, I've teamed up with Inder in AG Snake, and they're legit!

Other Notables:
Frozoid
Ballfire
polt
Bread Sandwich
These guys are solid builders and should put on a good show if given the chance. They might not have played SV AG in AG Snake, except for polt, but they're active in individual SV tours and in the community, so they know their stuff.

Uncertain Ones:
pdt
pichus
Icemaster
Bacon
These four are worth mentioning, but it's unclear how committed they are to the tier. pdt and pichus are great SV AG players, but they seem to be leaning toward other OMs this time. Not sure if they'll be down to support AG. Icemaster and Bacon achieved a lot in SS AG but haven't been around much in Gen 9. They mentioned both not being fans of Gen 9 Ubers or AG in general before, so it's a bit uncertain.

Any other solid tournaments player could play do as well as these, as Gen 8 and 7 are very different from Gen 9. Sorry if I missed anyone! There are plenty of other good options out there too. Cowritten with Zayele and Icemaster :)
OK now it's Zayele's turn to repost it

I was, as always, insanely bored at [REDACTED], and used the results from the 11 previous MOCCs to have an idea of how much I'll go for in the actual tournament
1684248557788.png

Following the tendency of the curve, established by the different price I went for in each of the MOCCs up to this point, managers should expect me to go for the very reasonable price of approximately 800k, which sounds fair considering my results in OM tournaments last gen (undefeated in WCoOM V, OMPL X, or OMPL IX) Looking forward to MOCC 11 to get even more precise results.

I was, as always, insanely bored at work, and used the results from the 10 previous MOCCs to have an idea of how much I'll go for in the actual tournament

View attachment 516628
Following the tendency of the curve, established by the different price I went for in each of the MOCCs up to this point, managers should expect me to go for the very reasonable price of approximately 40k, which sounds fair considering my results in OM tournaments last gen (0-0 in WCoOM V, 0-0 in OMPL X, 0-0 in OMPL IX), and the lack of significant results this generation (outside of a CASHPRIZE OF 20$ IN A TEAMTOUR OF 3 PLAYERS IN UBERS OMG MONEY IN SMOGON ) in which I am currently sitting at the top of the standings with an undefeated 3-2 record and a positive differential of 1)
Looking forward to MOCC 11 to get even more precise results
Annnnd i was beat to the joke, damnit.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
MOCC 12: MOCC SPEED
1684251355292.png

1684250575811.png
1684250484193.png
1684251176232.png
1684251199495.png
1684250831430.png
1684251215915.png
1684251230448.png
1684251245283.png
1684251276694.png

1684251302825.png

1684251324570.png

Virizions draft:
AG - Fogbound Lake
BH - Chessking345 / willdbeast
AAA - Atha / Natcrozma
NFE - lepton
STAB - LBDC
MnM - TectonicDestroyer / PociekMociek
2v2 - Morgan
GG - Lasen / Instruct

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
MOCC 12: MOCC SPEED
View attachment 516735

Virizions draft:
AG - Fogbound Lake
BH - Chessking345 / willdbeast
AAA - Atha / Natcrozma
NFE - lepton
STAB - LBDC
MnM - TectonicDestroyer / PociekMociek
2v2 - Morgan
GG - Lasen / Instruct
Spending more than 4k on a GG slot so that he loses the 135 tie and then goes 3-4? Brave.

Mocc 13 Tyrants:
AG - Geysers
BH - quojova + Ivar57
AAA - Ivar57 / Osake + SpaceSpeakers
NFE - Meta / SpaceSpeakers + Ivar57
STAB - pannu + Clementine
MnM - db / Osake + Tranquility
2v2 - Potatochan
GG - Clementine + Kris

Accidentally .20ed Ivar but made it back with some steals later on. Also a 12er for me impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)