AAA - Shiloh
AG - Fogbound Lake
BH - pdt
GG - Fraise
MnM - PociekMociek
NFE - 5Dots
STAB - DurzaOffTopic

Subs - xavgb, Meta, Leru

Shoutout to OM for finishing the draft. He would make a good comanager for someone one of these days.

This is both the best and the riskiest draft I've made this OMPL. I feel like almost every slot has the potential to either be amazing or crash and burn. Several old names who don't play much but if they wash off the rust will wreck everyone. Shiloh with no dedicated building support is sketchy, but could still be amazing. Or not. We won't see :blobshrug: This xavgb guy has some good word of mouth, and his signup says he can sub into a bunch of different slots if need be.

EDIT: if I had finished the draft my plan was to pick up a dedicated STAB and 2v2 slot while getting some AAA support for shiloh. I trust OMs 2v2 picks more than I would my own tbh but do wish we had gotten the other two.

Last edited:

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
I was, as always, insanely bored at work, and used the results from the 10 previous MOCCs to have an idea of how much I'll go for in the actual tournament
image-32.png
Following the tendency of the curve, established by the different price I went for in each of the MOCCs up to this point, managers should expect me to go for the very reasonable price of approximately 4k, which sounds fair considering my results in OM tournaments last gen (2-1 in WCoOM V, 3-3 in OMPL X, 0-1 in OMPL IX), and the lack of significant results this generation (outside of the incredible French STAB DL in which I am currently sitting at the top of the standings with an undefeated 5-0 record and a positive differential of 18)
Looking forward to MOCC 11 to get even more precise results

Last edited:
I was, as always, insanely bored at work, and used the results from the 10 previous MOCCs to have an idea of how much I'll go for in the actual tournament
View attachment 516536
Following the tendency of the curve, established by the different price I went for in each of the MOCCs up to this point, managers should expect me to go for the very reasonable price of approximately 4k, which sounds fair considering my results in OM tournaments last gen (2-1 in WCoOM V, 3-3 in OMPL X, 0-1 in OMPL IX), and the lack of significant results this generation (outside of the incredible French STAB DL in which I am currently sitting at the top of the standings with an undefeated 5-0 record and a positive differential of 18)
im personally gonna be a 3-3.5k if im even drafted at all

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You guys suck at PRs. Time to give you the ONLY PR that matters:

Power Rankings of Discord Mains:
(if I expect you to play, you're not ranked here so don't ask me why your name wasn't mentioned)

Ascended Rank:

motherlove
- ML is gone just like PSG's chances of ever winning a European trophy - no matter the talent and baguette-ness, il ne reste que le goût de la défaite. S'il était là-bas, je suggérerais de le drafter même s'il va 0-7; c'est mon mec.

gman - gman is gman. I don't need to say anything more. the dude DMed me on smogon when I was a no-name because he was the last 3k pick and felt bad that he "took my spot". 11/10 user would give him my sister's hand in marriage if I had one.

S rank:

LBN
- LBN is truly one of a kind - he will drop 12k lines on day 1 talking about "bodying" the opposition and "sending them fools packing" while he posts increasingly unconventional and (mostly) dogshit sets which matchup fish things such as "my opponent forgot they can Tera" and "I don't need a Flying resist in AAA, Talonflame is like the Chicago Bulls (what does he mean? not even he knows...). However, once in a while, he'll actually find some dogshit unset so VILE to the senses, that it works! He will no stop gas you (the managers) up, gas the players up, be a nuisance in battle whenever you get lucky ("OML HOW DOES HE DO IT?! / DESERVED CRIT FOR LOADING [conventional mon or set]!!!!") and never blame you for a loss in public OR in private. Top 1 cheerleader that no one else can come remotely close to. If you are a weeb, he can even talk to you about whatever shoujo romance he's watching/reading!

A+ rank:

tier -
tier ass-id is born and raised on the streets where he was gangbanging with shooters such as Jeremy "ewin" Kano and David "crashy-chan uwu" Ligma. My man will use his background as a petty thief to steal the show and perhaps even a win or two if you decide to slot him... His true power is his ability to accommodate for your needs. You want a tryhard team presence? Him-othy. You need a clown who gases you up? Him-alayan. You need a quiet guy who makes some imports or scouts? Him-era. Underrated and sleeper pick with a big downside: his ego is directly proportional to how well you guys are doing and it WILL pop in his face and embarrass him. Guaranteed laugh, though.

willdbeast - I could not get a discord main tier list without my partner in crime, the man who called me a discord main in public and made me cry: Will Da Beast. BH player extraordinaire getting word he doesn't really play it uhhhh OM team captain no he doesn't do that either... Food and cooking main willdbeast is hungry for wins and dropping clever 1-liners in YOUR discord. Will he give you any tests? Will he be actively useful? I honest to God don't know, he had me as a supporter last year on the Uh Oh Kommo-os and I muted all channels besides general and the meme channel where he'd share stuff such as this. I am told he's the OG OM discord presence so he gets ranked thanks to his connections to the shadow cabal of the other metagames world (read: Isaiah's landlord, Ransei's cable provider, the guy who works at the vet that Rex goes to).

A rank:

OM
- He's THAT guy. The friend who is always nice to be around. The friend who shows up 15 minutes late and you can't even fault him. The guy who "quit mons".
Excuse me I am getting notified from upstairs; OM not only failed to quit mons, he returned to play 1v1! Huge blow to his likeability meter, as we can now expect him to rename his account to fit in with those vile creatures. OM, or should I call him "dirty stained Jordans" as he's known in the 1v1 community, brings an air of positivity that is not easy to find. He actually would be a helpful builder and may help with things like scheduling or appeasing the hosts - this is a BIG no-no in my books. We're looking for guys who graduate with a GPA of 0,004.

pannu -

pannu is a unique case; normally I'd rank them as a player, since I think they're on like STABmons council? But since they've decided "Yeah, I wön't pläy STÅBmons this year, I will cäncer if you mäke me pläy it!" So now they're ranked as a discord main who will drop "uwu" "owo" and perhaps even ask you to add Mudae to your server. Yuck! But if that's your vibe, 10/10!

A- rank:

Fluore
- Has your like-post ratio fallen off? Have you ever wanted to team with someone who listens to k-pop and isn't weird about it? What about the person voted "most likely to cry for 2 weeks if smogon removed the like system"? Fluore is your guy! I honest to God don't know what he actually is supposed to main, as I see him play BSS, GSC NU, some UMs like 2v2... but he has one characteristic that is impossible to miss: the guy likewhores. He will drop whatever he's doing to drop his post in about 22 discord, 16 of which aren't even active JUST in case he gets 10 more likes total. He actually contributes to the team atmosphere and isn't complete dead-weight but he doesn't have that Dachsbun in him like users in the tiers above him do.

Ainzcrad - I am sorry to do this to my man but since I don't think he's a shooter I gotta add him here. Ainz is a fantastic presence who provides the degeneracy every teamcord needs as he suggests yall do a watch-along of his new favorite harem anime named something like "I got banned from Smogon for being a terrible presence so now I get women by planting tulips?!". His activity will NOT be as killer as some of the above picks because he pulls the classic "what if I sign up for 200000 tours". Any lines he drops will be insightful but at some point you'll interrupt him watching anime and he'll get cranky. You do NOT want that! Upside is he'll sub into anything if your team needs it.

piyush25 - piyush is a man of few words, but they're all impactful. His lines are always at least a bit witty and he will always be positive, adding flexing emojis to his encouraging words. When you're losing a week you should have gone or your play-off chances rely on winning week 7 and you're down 2 games already, he's your guy! Uplifting individual who multiplies in power when drafted alongside his brother-from-another-mother Spit Yoga Fire Arcanine. What else can I say besides "Jai Hind". small chance he doesn't talk much if no other Indians in the team.

Dishonorable mentions:

everyone I didn't mention here who doesn't start. I hate you in particular which is why you don't get any mentions! Or a starting spot! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

(if I expect you to play, you're not ranked here so don't ask me why your name wasn't mentioned)

Ascended Rank:

motherlove
- ML is gone just like PSG's chances of ever winning a European trophy - no matter the talent and baguette-ness, il ne reste que le goût de la défaite. S'il était là-bas, je suggérerais de le drafter même s'il va 0-7; c'est mon mec.

gman - gman is gman. I don't need to say anything more. the dude DMed me on smogon when I was a no-name because he was the last 3k pick and felt bad that he "took my spot". 11/10 user would give him my sister's hand in marriage if I had one.

S rank:

LBN
- LBN is truly one of a kind - he will drop 12k lines on day 1 talking about "bodying" the opposition and "sending them fools packing" while he posts increasingly unconventional and (mostly) dogshit sets which matchup fish things such as "my opponent forgot they can Tera" and "I don't need a Flying resist in AAA, Talonflame is like the Chicago Bulls (what does he mean? not even he knows...). However, once in a while, he'll actually find some dogshit unset so VILE to the senses, that it works! He will no stop gas you (the managers) up, gas the players up, be a nuisance in battle whenever you get lucky ("OML HOW DOES HE DO IT?! / DESERVED CRIT FOR LOADING [conventional mon or set]!!!!") and never blame you for a loss in public OR in private. Top 1 cheerleader that no one else can come remotely close to. If you are a weeb, he can even talk to you about whatever shoujo romance he's watching/reading!

A+ rank:

tier -
tier ass-id is born and raised on the streets where he was gangbanging with shooters such as Jeremy "ewin" Kano and David "crashy-chan uwu" Ligma. My man will use his background as a petty thief to steal the show and perhaps even a win or two if you decide to slot him... His true power is his ability to accommodate for your needs. You want a tryhard team presence? Him-othy. You need a clown who gases you up? Him-alayan. You need a quiet guy who makes some imports or scouts? Him-era. Underrated and sleeper pick with a big downside: his ego is directly proportional to how well you guys are doing and it WILL pop in his face and embarrass him. Guaranteed laugh, though.

willdbeast - I could not get a discord main tier list without my partner in crime, the man who called me a discord main in public and made me cry: Will Da Beast. BH player extraordinaire getting word he doesn't really play it uhhhh OM team captain no he doesn't do that either... Food and cooking main willdbeast is hungry for wins and dropping clever 1-liners in YOUR discord. Will he give you any tests? Will he be actively useful? I honest to God don't know, he had me as a supporter last year on the Uh Oh Kommo-os and I muted all channels besides general and the meme channel where he'd share stuff such as this. I am told he's the OG OM discord presence so he gets ranked thanks to his connections to the shadow cabal of the other metagames world (read: Isaiah's landlord, Ransei's cable provider, the guy who works at the vet that Rex goes to).

A rank:

OM
- He's THAT guy. The friend who is always nice to be around. The friend who shows up 15 minutes late and you can't even fault him. The guy who "quit mons".
Excuse me I am getting notified from upstairs; OM not only failed to quit mons, he returned to play 1v1! Huge blow to his likeability meter, as we can now expect him to rename his account to fit in with those vile creatures. OM, or should I call him "dirty stained Jordans" as he's known in the 1v1 community, brings an air of positivity that is not easy to find. He actually would be a helpful builder and may help with things like scheduling or appeasing the hosts - this is a BIG no-no in my books. We're looking for guys who graduate with a GPA of 0,004.

pannu -

pannu is a unique case; normally I'd rank them as a player, since I think they're on like STABmons council? But since they've decided "Yeah, I wön't pläy STÅBmons this year, I will cäncer if you mäke me pläy it!" So now they're ranked as a discord main who will drop "uwu" "owo" and perhaps even ask you to add Mudae to your server. Yuck! But if that's your vibe, 10/10!

A- rank:

Fluore
- Has your like-post ratio fallen off? Have you ever wanted to team with someone who listens to k-pop and isn't weird about it? What about the person voted "most likely to cry for 2 weeks if smogon removed the like system"? Fluore is your guy! I honest to God don't know what he actually is supposed to main, as I see him play BSS, GSC NU, some UMs like 2v2... but he has one characteristic that is impossible to miss: the guy likewhores. He will drop whatever he's doing to drop his post in about 22 discord, 16 of which aren't even active JUST in case he gets 10 more likes total. He actually contributes to the team atmosphere and isn't complete dead-weight but he doesn't have that Dachsbun in him like users in the tiers above him do.

Ainzcrad - I am sorry to do this to my man but since I don't think he's a shooter I gotta add him here. Ainz is a fantastic presence who provides the degeneracy every teamcord needs as he suggests yall do a watch-along of his new favorite harem anime named something like "I got banned from Smogon for being a terrible presence so now I get women by planting tulips?!". His activity will NOT be as killer as some of the above picks because he pulls the classic "what if I sign up for 200000 tours". Any lines he drops will be insightful but at some point you'll interrupt him watching anime and he'll get cranky. You do NOT want that! Upside is he'll sub into anything if your team needs it.

piyush25 - piyush is a man of few words, but they're all impactful. His lines are always at least a bit witty and he will always be positive, adding flexing emojis to his encouraging words. When you're losing a week you should have gone or your play-off chances rely on winning week 7 and you're down 2 games already, he's your guy! Uplifting individual who multiplies in power when drafted alongside his brother-from-another-mother Spit Yoga Fire Arcanine. What else can I say besides "Jai Hind". small chance he doesn't talk much if no other Indians in the team.

Dishonorable mentions:

everyone I didn't mention here who doesn't start. I hate you in particular which is why you don't get any mentions! Or a starting spot! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Since you hate me, I take back my proposal of you coming to France, with me baking you some snails.

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Ascended Rank:

motherlove

S rank:

LBN

A+ rank:

tier -

A rank:

OM

pannu -

A- rank:

Fluore

Dishonorable mentions:

I nom myself to A tier on the grounds that my Wednesday posting is the most consistent thing in all of smogon. No one person can contest to my ability to remember to frog post. Any person in the omm cord can attest that every Wednesday i bring the goods. Draft me for a measly 3k and your team will get weekly reminders that its Wednesday my dude

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I nom myself to A tier on the grounds that my Wednesday posting is the most consistent thing in all of smogon. No one person can contest to my ability to remember to frog post. Any person in the omm cord can attest that every Wednesday i bring the goods. Draft me for a measly 3k and your team will get weekly reminders that its Wednesday my dude
I bought you in that one OM tour me and TNM managed and you were a blessed presence; you're not listed because I believe you're getting bought for your skills in-game. Definitive A tier shitposter, though!

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Wigglies :wigglytuff:
2v2 - lancert / bored_glitch
AAA - Dragonillis / PandaDoux
AG - Fogbound Lake / Ainzcrad
BH - TTTech / Nihilslave / willdbeast
GG - Meta
NFE - Tuthur / PandaDoux / Fogbound Lake
MnM - kDCA + iapt
STAB - RoFnA / PandaDoux

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
im an S tier complainer and an A tier shitposter
https://pokepast.es/96a24ac32ad729fe
Hey I'm seeing you posting a lot and wanted to offer some advice because it seems like you're having a lot of fun with the tour and genuinely want in, which is great, but I think you're going about it the wrong way. I knew somebody who was super similar to you who got super bullied out of the community (and I played a huge part in that which I still feel bad about) so I wanted to give you some advice so the same thing doesn't happen again.

For posting, unless you know what you're doing less is often more. Your bingo was pretty cool, which is a great meme, but inserting yourself into most of the conversations that happen in this thread is probably more likely to negatively impact your drafting. I'm not saying this because people will find you annoying, I'm saying this because people tend to keep discussion channels small in team tournaments and limit them to experts in the meta or people with good fundamentals. Participating in most of the conversations you see shows that you have a tendency to be everywhere, which if you're somebody like a ribbon winner, is totally fine, but since you're a relatively new person it sends a bad message to potential managers.

Also, for mocks and actual drafts, it's typically in poor taste to make any salty posts following those. If you didn't get drafted or went to a team you don't like - don't publicly talk about that. Nobody likes to read dirty laundry like that aired out in public. Focus on if there's anything you can do differently, and keep in mind that mocks aren't the real thing, but how you conduct yourself definitely will affect the real draft, whether it's during a mock or in a manager's DMs (they talk a LOT).

A really good way to get drafted is to pick one specific thing you want to get good at. You don't have to be the best player to get drafted, you just have to fulfill a specific role that managers want. It looks like you build BH, so I'd recommend asking managers personally if they're looking for more options for a BH builder. If they say no, that's a final answer. Do not try and sway them otherwise, they have a list of people in mind and you may damage your overall chances more by trying to force their hand in drafting you. Again, managers talk, a lot. Even with other players. Instead, try going and talking to another manager if one says no. While you're not doing this, being funny is great, but I strongly recommend practicing on the ladder or asking other top players for advice. No idea if she still plays, but cityscapes is someone I tend to direct new people to because she's always happy to help people out and teach them more about the game, and also happens to be incredibly passionate about it. It's also important to be respectful and fun while doing this, they could be your teammate in the future.

Hopefully this post doesn't come across as condescending or anything -- I genuinely think you have an amazing amount of passion for the tournament, which this community needs more of, and don't want to see that killed off because of some early decisions in your career. Hope you have a good day!

1684186803957.png

Following the tendency of the curve, established by the different price I went for in each of the MOCCs up to this point, managers should expect me to go for the very reasonable price of approximately 40k, which sounds fair considering my results in OM tournaments last gen (0-0 in WCoOM V, 0-0 in OMPL X, 0-0 in OMPL IX), and the lack of significant results this generation (outside of a CASHPRIZE OF 20$ IN A TEAMTOUR OF 3 PLAYERS IN UBERS OMG MONEY IN SMOGON ) in which I am currently sitting at the top of the standings with an undefeated 3-2 record and a positive differential of 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)