Metagame NP: RU Stage 1: Dog Days Are Over / Hello Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
FROSLASS POST:
the problem with froslass is that it does the exact same thing that it did in DPP UU years ago and even recently in BW/BW2UU, it simply gives offensive powerhouses the support they need to break through defensive cores; only froslass is now even better at it because it runs cursed body which means even a scarf pursuit lead can't necessarily prevent it from getting more than one layer.. not to mention froslass is capable of protecting the very spikes that it lays, can taunt to prevent defog and recovery / status from bulky mons like slowking etc which can lead to a safe set up from a follow up mon and froslass even has destiny bond to kill off a threat with no problems when it has finished laying hazards.

i encountered a fair amount of froslass on ladder, and considering that i was running a stall team with no defog (yea ik ~_~) they were easily the hardest battles, especially considering how difficult it made it to lay any hazards early game due to taunt and when i lead with scarf drapion anticipating the froslass lead and used pursuit, there were a few times i had to give up 3 layers of hazards just because of that god damned 30% cursed body chance.

tl;dr froslass is a dick and always has been in lower tiers. wears down grounded mons, gives shit like hitmonlee / yanmega / sharpedo a better chance to sweep and i have no remorse voting to ban it

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone, the entire voter pool hasn't voted yet (mainly waiting on permissions being fixed lol). But i can just say this: unless i miscounted Froslass has already reached the majority required for a ban regardless of the remaining voters. This means after the vote is over the ladder will be reset and Froslass will be removed from the tier.

TL;DR

Not Canadian

always start with a bang
Cool, Froslass has been banned. Glad to have been a part of it.

As for why I voted to ban, I think I've made myself sufficiently clear before.

Shuckle soon, hopefully.

phantom

Banned deucer.
mfw i first found out froslass was going to be suspected...

mfw people say froslass is balanced...

mfw i saw others agreeing that froslass is broken...

mfw i voted to ban froslass...

mfw i saw that some people voted to keep froslass...

mfw they find out that froslass is banned...

mfw i found out that froslass was banned...

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

<~Zarel> nothin' wrong with shitposting

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will be interesting to see how the banning of Froslass affects the metagame. Will Sticky Web be the same incredible force it has become? Will stall teams be able to flourish without Spikes pressuring them at every corner? And if so, will they balance out Sticky Web teams?

Also, I did vote to ban Froslass for the record. If any of you follow this thread, you know my reasoning already. Hopefully now I don't have to use Web Offense to avoid being completely trashed by Spikes offense.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

The day smogon became tumblr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)