Now is your Chanse(y)! WiFI Tournament Series 2 TOP 16!

No need to remind everyone of the pairings:

Table Name Opponent
8 -Pedro- Smogon (5/0) vs. sandman Smogon (3/2)
5 Ambitions Smogon (4/1) vs. SWChill Smogon (3/2)
6 Bentendo13 Smogon (4/1) vs. Lorelei Smogon (4/1)
3 Dalevl Smogon (4/1) vs. guraboy Tommy Smogon (4/1)
1 DawnBringer Smogon (5/0) vs. Miltonic Smogon (3/2)
3 guraboy Tommy Smogon (4/1) vs. Dalevl Smogon (4/1)
4 JerryBeans Smogon (3/2) vs. rocket Smogon (4/1)
6 Lorelei Smogon (4/1) vs. Bentendo13 Smogon (4/1)
7 Mr Goodbar Smogon (4/1) vs. ThePunisher Smogon (4/1)
4 rocket Smogon (4/1) vs. JerryBeans Smogon (3/2)
8 sandman Smogon (3/2) vs. -Pedro- Smogon (5/0)
5 SWChill Smogon (3/2) vs. Ambitions Smogon (4/1)
2 Syberia Smogon (4/1) vs. TheHuntBegins Smogon (4/1)
2 TheHuntBegins Smogon (4/1) vs. Syberia Smogon (4/1)
7 ThePunisher Smogon (4/1) vs. Mr Goodbar Smogon (4/1)
1 Miltonic Smogon (3/2) vs. DawnBringer Smogon (5/0)

Good luck guys! Anyone who doesn't complete this match and doesn't give a valid reason why, will be blacklisted from any future tournaments.

DEADLINE: September 7th 10:00 PM GMT -5

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ahahahahaha, I got miltonic. what the fuck, lol

1 Miltonic Smogon (3/2) vs. DawnBringer Smogon (5/0)

-.-

2 TheHuntBegins Smogon (4/1) vs. Syberia Smogon (4/1)

Beat his ass for me.

3 Dalevl Smogon (4/1) vs. guraboy Tommy Smogon (4/1)

I would vote for Tommy, but yeah we all know -.-

4 JerryBeans Smogon (3/2) vs. rocket Smogon (4/1)

Are you even alive?

5 Ambitions Smogon (4/1) vs. SWChill Smogon (3/2)

Funny how his loss is only from me.

6 Bentendo13 Smogon (4/1) vs. Lorelei Smogon (4/1)

This guy too...

7 Mr Goodbar Smogon (4/1) vs. ThePunisher Smogon (4/1)

And this guy too! What are the chances?

8 sandman Smogon (3/2) vs. -Pedro- Smogon (5/0)

Not this guy though, but Pedro is good, win so I don't have to face him ever.

EDIT: Yeah, I know...was just kidding :(

EDIT2: Yeah, watch me lose, because I always lose in the top 8/16/32/64/128/256/512/1024/2048/4096/8192

ok this a bit shocking because i thought i didnt make it.

but OMG lol i remember saying to Dawn "what if we battle at some point?" but i didnt it was going to be possible after my losses.

I have a question? How did I not make it in? I was 3/2, and 4 of those battlers listed are 3/2 as well. Was it just a random chance of getting in?

I have a question? How did I not make it in? I was 3/2, and 4 of those battlers listed are 3/2 as well. Was it just a random chance of getting in?
There were around 20 or so people with a 3/2 record. The tie breakers used by the software is 'Opponent's Win %', which takes the average Win % of every opponent you played against during the tournament and averages out their record. Meaning the tougher opponents you played, the better your chances to make it into the Top 16. It's an artificial way of saying: The people who played tougher opponents have a better shot at making Top 16. But since pairings are random it is not entirely true, but that is how the software handles it and I believe it is a very fair way to do it.

Oh, ok, as long as there is some bit of random activity in there. I'm still kind of mad about how that coinflip turned out (Chill lost two actual matches and I only lost one, yet he is still in), but there's really nothing I could've done about it. I just hope to god that next time my opponents are more active, as I have no doubt in my mind I could've easily been 4-1 and made it into the top 16.

Aside from that, thanks for hosting the tourney. Alltogether I think it was run very well and I can't wait till you do the next one so I can make up for what's happened this one ;).

OHHHH.
now i get it pablo
im just happy that i did pretty well this time...3/2 isnt so bad...could technically have made it into the top could have had better if jimbo and I's battle hadnt been lame halfway through.
Are you considering another tourney ever?

Good luck everybody! So close to making the top 16, yet so far. I'm guessing the possibility of a third tournament is dependent on whether this one finishes smoothly (as opposed as to what happened in the last tournament with a lot of inactivity near the end)?

Code:
8    [B]-Pedro-[/B] Smogon (5/0)         vs.      sandman Smogon (3/2)

I think he's a sleeper in the tourney

5    [B]Ambitions[/B] Smogon (4/1)         vs.      SWChill Smogon (3/2)

From what I've heard Ambitions is very good

6    Bentendo13 Smogon (4/1)         vs.      Lorelei Smogon (4/1)

Should be good o:

3    Dalevl Smogon (4/1)         vs.      guraboy Tommy Smogon (4/1)

Wow, congrats to Dale, I believe he's another sleeper in the tourney, I won't say anything yet ;P

1    DawnBringer Smogon (5/0)         vs.      [B]Miltonic[/B] Smogon (3/2)

Someone knock out DB early :P

4    JerryBeans Smogon (3/2)         vs.     [B] rocket[/B] Smogon (4/1)

*going with person with higher record*

7    [B]Mr Goodbar[/B] Smogon (4/1)         vs.      ThePunisher Smogon (4/1)

Goodbar!

2    [B]Syberia[/B] Smogon (4/1)         vs.      TheHuntBegins Smogon (4/1)

Syb's pretty damn good
Some predictions. I'll PM Lorelei later. =]

Just saying I can't battle on D/P Wifi until the new Gameboy SP Recharger arrives to charge my Dead DS. I can do battles on PBR Wi-Fi until it arrives, although It could be who knows when...

Predicting Dawnbringer to win because i love his team
I hate his (yours) team =[, i'm predicting he'll lose cuz karma will hax him (dbr is not a very righteous person).

Uhhh believe it or not the wifi at college does not work with my ds, probably because it's protected. I don't want to drop out though if I can help it. I may be home next weekend for whatever reason, which I could battle. If not though, I can do what I did last tourney, which is have someone use my team and I would play through them.

God damn Goodbar, that situation happened to me as well last year (when I was in a Dorm). There is very little way around it. Your best bet would be to find a Nintendo wireless location, they have a locator on the nintendo wifi website.

Bummer that I didn't make the cut, but I shall now put the full force of my destruction behind Ambitions' ascension to dominance in this tourney.

Just like Mel Gibson in The Patriot he shall run the British general (Chill) straight through with the American flag. BOO YAH!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rooting for Ben, Goodbar and Syberia equally.

Shame I didn't make it either. Oh well maybe next time.

I have a feeling that JerryBeans is gonna kick some butt... I bred him something very special, which might make its way to his team :)...

Oh, ok, as long as there is some bit of random activity in there. I'm still kind of mad about how that coinflip turned out (Chill lost two actual matches and I only lost one, yet he is still in), but there's really nothing I could've done about it. I just hope to god that next time my opponents are more active, as I have no doubt in my mind I could've easily been 4-1 and made it into the top 16.
I'm sorry about the coinflip but I made it in because I lost to opponents with good records. I'm going to start preparing and hope to be ready soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)