Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely / Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Basically this KB set breaks down Steel-types really easily by using Z-Fusion Bolt, which achieves magnificent feats such as OHKOing AV Magearna and utility Heatran both from full in Electric Terrain, and OHKOing Toxapex and Celesteela outside of the terrain. This set is best paired with mons that can take advantage of KB removing those said threats, such as SD / Curse M-Scizor, Tapu Lele, or Tornadus.

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 350-412 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Electric Terrain: 375-442 (97.1 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 364-430 (120.1 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 422-498 (106.2 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Heart Doom

Banned deucer.
Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Blizzard

Kyurem black by raising a level of speed can be faster than many pokemon and have a very powerful stab.

Last edited:
Scarf
C5F7567E-5887-482A-AE5E-C574855F067C.gif

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
While certainly not the best Scarfer in the tier, Scarf Kyurem-B has a few niches that make it fringe viable. For one, it does extremely well versus offensive builds after Steel-types have been weakened, (and some variations of hyper offense after SG Magearna has been dealt with.) Ot can deal with pretty much any offensive Pokémon in the tier with the exception of SG Magearna. Kyurem-B can also use its typing and moves to check threats like SD Gliscor, Tapu Bulu, WP Zygarde and CM Mega Latias. The only variation of this set would be Dragon Claw over Outrage, but Outrage’s cleaning power is usually preferred.

Last edited:
SubToxic Kyurem-B

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

40 HP EVs are needed to reach 404 HP, so Chansey has to use Seismic Toss twice to break our Substitute. The remainig EVs are put on the Spe and Atk in order to be fast and hit as much hard as possible.
The two attacking moves tries to be our version of BoltBeam coverage. Be wary of Steel-type pokemons, though, so a Steel trapper is your best teammate.

I really love Toxic because it puts a timer on your opponent, while you are protected by status by your Substitute.

Last edited:
Kyurem-Black @ Steelium Z
Naive Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Rock Tomb/Hidden Power Fire/Earth Power

While physical Ice (or even Electric) Z-Move Kyurem carries a pretty solid nuke, this set is slightly better at taking out fairies, and other mons weak to steel that might come in on Kyurem (Tyranitar). That said, the difference between this and Icium is pretty marginal, even when Corkscrew Crash hits super effectively.

Upon trying this set, I found that Rock Tomb is actually quite a useful move on Kyurem more generally, as there are a lot of mons that outspeed it normally, but at -1, and a bit of chip, Kyurem can take out. I ran it on the off chance that a faster threat - M-Diance, Koko, Lati@s, Scarf-Lando, Scarf-Tyranitar, Tornadus, Mega-Zam, and the speed-tie with Scarf-Lele - switched in, and it can really ease prediction. That said, Scizor and Ferrothorn pretty much wall this set without HP Fire, and Heatran wrecks Kyurem without Earth Power.

Last edited:

Cold as Ice - Foreigner
Thank you everyone for bearing with me for another delayed week. I've been trying out some new things in addition to life being generally busier these past two weeks, so I apologise for the relative inactive across all my threads. On the contrast, we've had another amazing week! Quite a few of this week's reserved sets were geninely interesting, although not all did come to fruition, the ones that did were quite interesting. So with that being said, here are this week's nominees.

==@
==
Electrium Z by Felixx
==@
==
Icium Z + Hail by Heart Doom
==@
==
Choice Scarf by Flame from Heaven
==@
==
Sub + Toxic by nameless90
==@
==
Steelium Z by LeNorm

I'd also like to use this as an opportunity to address a few relatively small changes. The first is rather simple - the link to each submission is now hyperlinked to each individual icon. If you have also noticed, there is one odd kyurem out, which is shiny. This will now indicate my vote for the week. Now why have I done this? The reasons are solely aesthetic, nothing more, nothing less. I've also decided to move the deadline of submissions from Friday to Saturday, as my smogon schedule is pretty busy on a friday night, so there's that. Anyways, I'm very for keeping everyone in the dark, but I hope to see a proper schedule and submissions in the near future. Also likes, they're very important. Anyways, voting ends on Monday the 30th. Happy Posting!

Icium Z + Hail by Heart Doom
(I was ninja'ed by this user; generally speaking I like the flexibility of having a choice between a Z-status and a Z-attack in the same set because this allows you to fix the match-up issue towards both Hyper Offence and Bulky teams).

curiosity can we do something with creative and viable because whoever reserves first will have a huge advantage and usually dont need to think of something good, and in assuming the aim of this project is to encourage creativity. elecz is the obvious choice with these rules so ill vote for that as its kyubs second best set.

Cold as Ice - Foreigner
Thank you everyone for voting once again! In an incredibly close week, this week's winner is cute user Felixx and his Electrium Z Kyurem! Congratulations! Your post will be added to the hall of fame very shortly.

Got to Get You Into My Life - Earth, Wind & Fire
By popular demand, this week's submission will be Mew! Mew is quite literally one of the most versatile 'mons in the metagame, thanks to its marvellously diverse movepool and equally impressive stat distribution, giving it the ability to fulfil just about any role it's needed to be - whether that's a wall, pivot, wallbreaker or even a stallbreaker, Mew's potential is just about limitless, meaning that more than just a small handful of this week's set have a large chance of becoming the next best thing. Just before the credits start rolling, your deadline is Saturday the 6th!

Here are your banned sets of the week. Happy Posting!

Last edited:
I don't remember where I saw (or I think to have seen) this set, but I am not able to find it, so credits to you, anonymous author.
Z Transform Mew

Mew @ Normalium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Transform

This is the defensive set that everybody can find in the dex with max HP and decreased Def.
The last move changes from Defog/SR to Transform because is the star of the set.
You can use this Mew like a regular defensive one until you decide to copy the opponent's threat with a Z-Transfrom, which recovers all Mew's HP in the process. Keep in mind that Mew can survive a boosted hit, especially if it is burned before.
After your Mew transformed, you are finally free to use a new movepool with the restriction of 5 PP per move; max HP are needed because it is the only stat that isn't copied.

A regular Transform is still useful to scout the opposite pokemons and to survive from Pursuit/Sucker Punch users.

Last edited:

Mew @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Superpower

This set might seem really stupid, but I've used it on one team and it did pretty great. The biggest advantage of this set is probably that people don't expect it. Ice Beam is the most useful move here, it OHKOs Scarf Landos that try to U-turn out on Mew and it revenge kills +1 Zygarde. Psychic is the STAB attack of choice, it mainly hits Toxapex. Earth Power is used to hit Heatran (a very common switch-in to Mew), it also hits Tapu Koko and chips Magearna. Superpower OHKOs Tyranitar and Greninja after Stealth Rock (it is stronger than Aura Sphere and much more reliable than Focus Blast).
Ice Beam:
252 SpA Mew Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 396-468 (103.6 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mew Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 344-408 (96 - 113.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Psychic:
252 SpA Mew Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 138-164 (45.5 - 54.1%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
Earth Power:
252 SpA Mew Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 316-372 (81.8 - 96.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mew Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 206-244 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Fighting coverage comparison:
252 SpA Mew Aura Sphere vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 196-232 (54.2 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mew Focus Blast vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 292-348 (80.8 - 96.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 Atk Mew Superpower vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 320-380 (88.6 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Quick Update, but I've gone back and edited a few posts, so feel free to check them out!

alright i've kinda had enough of this because quite frankly it's stupid. Heart Doom either you initially reserve something or you don't. You are simply putting other participants in an unfair advantage as you can easily edit your posts and claim you have taken a set first. This is your final warning. If you refuse to acknowledge this over dm, then i will publically call you out on it.

Last edited:
Knock Off Mew
50247DBF-C4A2-4799-ABB5-F17A47F6A2E8.gif

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off / Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog / Stealth Rock / Knock Off
Knock Off is actually pretty cool if you can live without Will-O-Wisp or Defog / Stealth Rock. It cripples many of Mew’s switchins like Clefable, Ash-Greninja, Utilty Heatran, and Non-Z-Move-Blacephalon.

Last edited:
AOA LURE MEW

Mew @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe or 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature / Timid Nature
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Gunk Shot / Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast
- Psychic / Ice Beam

The aim of this set is to lure and chunk a lot of things that might want to come in on mew, thanks to its absurd coverage. Earthquake hits tran, fire blast hits a lot of things but mainly steels, sludge hits clef while psychic is for STAB and medi while ice beam gets more coverage. The main reason you go mixed here is that mew can 2HKO vest gearna and has a decent chance to do the same to pex if not running psychic, beats CM Clef and OHKOs Lele, although if these mons aren't of concern then full special sets are certainly an alternative. iirc you don't miss out on too many kills by going mixed so theres not that much to lose. If you choose to go special use sludge wave > gunk and earth power > EQ. Roost is also an option if you want to preserve as much of Mew's defensive utility as possible. LO is the prefered item because with 20 attack EVs you can OHKO tran with after rocks, but ig theres stuff like ebelt mewnium-z etc. that you could also use if you don't want chip. These items would probably be best used with roost
Reasons to go mixed:
20 Atk Life Orb Mew Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 172-203 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 117-138 (32.2 - 38%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
20 Atk Life Orb Mew Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 133-159 (43.8 - 52.4%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
20 Atk Life Orb Mew Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 291-343 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 200-237 (71.1 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Other Calcs
20 Atk Life Orb Mew Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 203-239 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 244-289 (61.9 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Celesteela: 221-263 (55.6 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
236 SpA Life Orb Mew Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Celesteela: 221-260 (55.6 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
20 Atk Life Orb Mew Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
20 Atk Life Orb Mew Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 203-239 (59.1 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
236 SpA Life Orb Mew Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 200-237 (66.4 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
etc.
might add more later who knows
theres a ton more this shit 2HKOs most things that aren't fat psychics or fat waters (or chansey) lmao but u get awful 4mss, kinda makes up for it by how much you kill and ur bulk to do so

Last edited:

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

Mew @ Mewnium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Softboiled

Double Dance Mew is the more known offensive set, but Softboiled NP Mew is a cool wallbreaker that has more longevity vs bulkier teams, helping it to stay healthy through the match and finding more opportunities to wallbreak. The coverage move is picked basing on what you want to have a easier time breaking; Fire Blast allows you to break M-Scizor, Celesteela, Magearna and Jirachi better while Focus Blast get rids of Tyranitar, Greninja and Heatran (as long as you hit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)