Project National Dex Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I’d like to request a team around the core of Mega Zard Y and Choice Band TTar.

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

The core is pretty consistent at covering each other’s weaknesses, while also controlling weather. It’s probably one of my personal favorite cores with Zard Y because of this.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello there. I’d like to request a team around the core of Mega Zard Y and Choice Band TTar.

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

The core is pretty consistent at covering each other’s weaknesses, while also controlling weather. It’s probably one of my personal favorite cores with Zard Y because of this.
Me and Pannuracotta built this for ya
:charizard-mega-y::tyranitar::excadrill::kommo-o::slowbro::gliscor:
Click the mons for the Pokepaste

This core was inherently built around supporting Mega Charizard Y to its fullest extent, so we bought into that with a Slowbro to provide extra Future Sight support, therefore negating Toxapex as an answer. Slowbro, in conjunction with the Gliscor, also helps to check the possibility of encountering Cinderace with Zard Y's Sun up. Excadrill compresses speed control as well as our Steel-type, while also giving secondary hazard removal due to Zard-Y's high maintenance nature in that regard. Kommo-o is used in order to check Ash Greninja while also setting up rocks, while Gliscor was there due to the need for a secondary Ace check as well as a Defogger and a hard pivot into whatever Pex set is being used.

Me and Pannu debated alternate forms of Steel-type speed control depending on how "sand team" you want this to feel; both Scarf Kartana and Scarf Jirachi came up as other options, (Scarf Kartana in particular can help out with the Weavile matchup, which as of right now requires precise pivoting) although we believe Excadrill is the best option here. You could also run a bulkier Rapid Spin Excadrill here and make Gliscor a SD/Facade Variant if you feel so inclined, although it puts a lot of pressure on Excadrill to act as the sole hazard control for your Charizard Y, which might not be preferable. Finally, Protect can also work on Kommo-o's set in order to scout sets on things like Heatran and Weavile.

I want a team with these two sets preferably balanced And not to many legendaries after these two
Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Me and Pannuracotta built this for ya
:charizard-mega-y::tyranitar::excadrill::kommo-o::slowbro::gliscor:
Click the mons for the Pokepaste

This core was inherently built around supporting Mega Charizard Y to its fullest extent, so we bought into that with a Slowbro to provide extra Future Sight support, therefore negating Toxapex as an answer. Slowbro, in conjunction with the Gliscor, also helps to check the possibility of encountering Cinderace with Zard Y's Sun up. Excadrill compresses speed control as well as our Steel-type, while also giving secondary hazard removal due to Zard-Y's high maintenance nature in that regard. Kommo-o is used in order to check Ash Greninja while also setting up rocks, while Gliscor was there due to the need for a secondary Ace check as well as a Defogger and a hard pivot into whatever Pex set is being used.

Me and Pannu debated alternate forms of Steel-type speed control depending on how "sand team" you want this to feel; both Scarf Kartana and Scarf Jirachi came up as other options, (Scarf Kartana in particular can help out with the Weavile matchup, which as of right now requires precise pivoting) although we believe Excadrill is the best option here. You could also run a bulkier Rapid Spin Excadrill here and make Gliscor a SD/Facade Variant if you feel so inclined, although it puts a lot of pressure on Excadrill to act as the sole hazard control for your Charizard Y, which might not be preferable. Finally, Protect can also work on Kommo-o's set in order to scout sets on things like Heatran and Weavile.
Yo this is sick, thank you guys!

Scarf Jirachi actually sounds like a big brain play especially with Healing Wish to provide a last minute recovery for something like Zard Y. I may try that out for myself in a different version of the team.

another core i just thought of is gonna be spect + mlop. this is kinda simple mlop just beats stuff that spect has trouble with. The spect set will be wisp and mlop set is normal

pannu

beyond the farthest stars
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
another core i just thought of is gonna be spect + mlop. this is kinda simple mlop just beats stuff that spect has trouble with. The spect set will be wisp and mlop set is normal
Me and Sevelon decided to build a team around this

:lopunny-mega: :spectrier: :hydreigon: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :rotom-wash:

the lopunny set is "normal" as you asked, as for spectrier you only specificed wisp so we decided to go ahead and make it the good set- Normalium Z, but with the slot that would normally be taunt or substitute being will-o-wisp
:hydreigon: hydrei is here to ease the matchup vs opposing spectrier, it can also support the team with defog and works as an ashgren switch-in
:landorus-therian: is the teams volt-blocker and stealth rocker, it has the item rocky helmet to punish cinderace for uturning on it. it has protect so that we can scout weaviles before switching
:heatran: is the teams magearna check, it can also trap stuff like pex and 1v1 em, pretty simple set tbh
:rotom-wash: lastly we have this thing, apparently it can check cinderace and do some damage with np

hope you liked the team, please change wisp on spect to like sub or taunt

Happy to serve!

So one day I wanted to use CM Clef and I also happened to think rain was very annoying to play against (tho it's super fun to use), so I decided to make a CM Clef team (I made one but not sure if it's really all that good). Then I figured out that Ash-Greninja could be a good partner for it since with LO a +6 Clefable can 2hko Blissey and have a 46.9% chance to 2hko Chansey. Using Thunder to electrocute spiky sea urchin things is nice too. In return, Ash-Greninja can offer Clefable a fast and potent wincon to do well against offensive teams (unless they have Blissey but that's where Clefable comes in and helps).

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Clefable's EV's allow it to outspeed Pelipper and ohko it. The rest of the stuff shouldn't need to be explained. Use whatever Clef set you think is best for the team if you decide to use build with this core but I'd prefer for Clefable to still be able to kill Pelipper.

Mario34

don't play the odds, play the man
is a Tiering Contributor
requesting a team around CM taunt dkiss surf fini and z-move/specs magnezone to eliminate steels

Avaritia

Sylvain stan
Requesting a team built around these two ballers:

:sm/hoopa-unbound: :ss/cinderace:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

I love Hoopa-U: with the correct move this thing and its Specs-boosted moves are nearly unwallable by the tier. But lately I've been trying to rebuild a team around him, but to no avail since, obviously, there are far more weaknesses to it than I care to admit like how easily revenge-killed / Pursuit-trapped he is, and how many Pokemon in the tier can just outspeed and snipe him down.

I figured Cinderace would be a decent partner because of the U-Turn support he provides, allowing Hoopa-U to come in on some switch-ins like Toxapex and Slowbro safely, and the fact that he can punch through some of the Steel-types like SpD Corviknight before Hoopa-U can clean up.

I'd personally like a primarily Hoopa-U centric team, preferably on the offensive side. But I wouldn't mind if it was more balance-oriented, or even if Cinderace has to meet the cutting blade, just as long as it's Hoopa-U centric.

Hopefully this is okay but if not I can always ask for another thing.

So i want a core with mvenu + defensive melmetal. here are the sets

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 124 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

you can change the mvenu spread if you dont like it and thank you if you do this

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
requesting a team around CM taunt dkiss surf fini and z-move/specs magnezone to eliminate steels
:rillaboom: :magnezone: :tapu-fini: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :hydreigon:
https://pokepast.es/691d5721869d5e06

This team was built by yugon.exe, and it centers around trapping Steel types with Magnezone to allow for Rillaboom and Tapu Fini to wallbreak/sweep more effectively. Tapu Fini’s EVs maximize bulk while still creeping Pokemon who outrun Modest Heatran. Speaking of, Specially Defensive Heatran provides Stealth Rock and packs Taunt to shut down Calm Mind sweepers, notably Mega Latias. Choice Scarf Landorus-T attempts to patch up the Cinderace and Tapu Koko matchups, and is designed to take 2 Pyro Balls after Stealth Rock. Lastly, defensive Hydreigon give a check to the dangerous Spectrier, as well as taking pressure off of Tapu Fini to check Ash-Greninja and Heatran. The team is solid all around, and its weaknesses, like Cinderace, aren’t auto-losses at all. Hope you enjoy, and please contact me or yugon.exe if you have trouble! :blobthumbsup:

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I want a team with these two sets preferably balanced And not to many legendaries after these two
Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog
:magearna: :heatran: :slowbro: :hydreigon: :lopunny-mega: :landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/92c7328d0c0d1903

This team was centered around the idea of Choice Specs Magearna + Future Sight, as Magearna has virtually no switchins behind a Future Sight. Naturally, Slowbro is the Future Sight user, as the well as the Cinderace measure. Minimum Speed IVs and a Relaxed nature makes it so it will always Teleport as slow as possible, granting the greatest momentum to the team. Specially Defensive Heatran is the team’s Rocker and Steel type, managing important matchups against Tapu Lele, Mega Latias, and Mega Mawile. Defensive Hydreigon complements Heatran nicely, and gives the team a Defogger that can handle Ash-Greninja, Heatran, and non-Normalium Z Spectrier. Mega Lopunny and Scarf Landorus-T provide Speed control to the team, with the former being a powerful wallbreaker in the late game that can emergency check Spectrier, and the latter furthing easing the Cinderace and Mega Latias matchup, as well as being an obligatory Ground type. Both are also powerful pivots who are capable of baiting in walls that Choice Specs Magearna loves to feast on. The team is pretty solid, but can struggle to defensively answer Kyurem. Let me know if you have trouble with it. :blobthumbsup:

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So one day I wanted to use CM Clef and I also happened to think rain was very annoying to play against (tho it's super fun to use), so I decided to make a CM Clef team (I made one but not sure if it's really all that good). Then I figured out that Ash-Greninja could be a good partner for it since with LO a +6 Clefable can 2hko Blissey and have a 46.9% chance to 2hko Chansey. Using Thunder to electrocute spiky sea urchin things is nice too. In return, Ash-Greninja can offer Clefable a fast and potent wincon to do well against offensive teams (unless they have Blissey but that's where Clefable comes in and helps).

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Clefable's EV's allow it to outspeed Pelipper and ohko it. The rest of the stuff shouldn't need to be explained. Use whatever Clef set you think is best for the team if you decide to use build with this core but I'd prefer for Clefable to still be able to kill Pelipper.

Calm Mind Clefable + Ash-Greninja
[click for link]

So this team is around CM Clef + Ash-Greninja but I decided to build more around Ash-Greninja since CM Clef is a very self-sufficient wincon. So first I decided to put Hydreigon on the team, not only is it a nice Spectrier check and Defogger for the team but it also gives you a check to Taunt Heatran with neither Clef or AshGren do that well, Hydreigon gives a consistent switch into Heatran unlike AshGren with is why I don't think its a good check to it. Anyway, next I decided to put my own Heatran here, because this team wants a rocks setter and Heatran is amazing at it, it also gives us a nice way to cripple Mega Latias due to Toxic which makes it easier for Clefable to overwhelm it while also giving us a Mega Scizor check, which this team needs because it cannot beat it right now especially given how prominent Mega Scizor is.

Slowbro is great because of Future Sight, which makes AshGren harder to wall outside of Blissey, and making the otherwise awful Cinderace matchup much more manageable. Last but not least we have Scarf Landorus-T, mainly for speed control, another ground resist and especially a volt blocker. I was planning on giving this punishment but as I write this post, I decided to make it Stone Edge instead because with Toxic Heatran + Clefable, the Mega Latias matchup is fairly manageable.

I hope you like this team! If you have problems with it do let me know, The SubRoost Kyurem
matchup is a pretty disadvantageous matchup for this team but it has the ability to play around a vast majority of the metagame or just straight up beat them. Again, I hope you enjoy! :blobthumbsup:

Hello, I'm interested in a team involving a core of Charizard-X and Tapu Koko. Ever since Gen 6 with the introduction of Zard-X, it has been a hard to build with, yet underrated Mega. I think Charizard X still holds a niche in the National Dex metagame as an extremely potent wallbreaker. After a DD, Zard can deal with a majority of the metagame.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Charizard still has trouble with bulky waters, so I think it would benefit from a partner like Koko to deal with team. Koko also tends to invite in Lando, which it can chip for Zard to sweep. It also draws in Heatran, which can allow a free switch into Zard.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Grass]
- Volt Switch

I'm not that verse in the ND meta yet to know which sets/EVs to run, so feel free to change them to your liking.

Thank you very much if you work on this :blobthumbsup:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hello, I'm interested in a team involving a core of Charizard-X and Tapu Koko. Ever since Gen 6 with the introduction of Zard-X, it has been a hard to build with, yet underrated Mega. I think Charizard X still holds a niche in the National Dex metagame as an extremely potent wallbreaker. After a DD, Zard can deal with a majority of the metagame.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Charizard still has trouble with bulky waters, so I think it would benefit from a partner like Koko to deal with team. Koko also tends to invite in Lando, which it can chip for Zard to sweep. It also draws in Heatran, which can allow a free switch into Zard.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Grass]
- Volt Switch

I'm not that verse in the ND meta yet to know which sets/EVs to run, so feel free to change them to your liking.

Thank you very much if you work on this :blobthumbsup:

:tapu-koko: :charizard-mega-x: :hydreigon: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian: :aegislash:
https://pokepast.es/7fc900113ae86d7c

JayC1127 and I decided to build around this core because Mega Charizard X isn’t seen much these days, and pairing it with Tapu Koko seemed quite devastating as you said. I immediately went for Hydreigon as a Defogger that could check Ash-Greninja, as both hazards and Water Shuriken impeded Mega Charizard X’s and Tapu Koko‘s progress. Ferrothorn provided a crucial Psychic and Fairy resist, as well as Spikes to indirectly make Zard and Koko’s attacks stronger. It also formed a nice defensive core with Hydreigon and Landorus-T, the next member on the team. The Speed EVs let it outrun Modest Heatran, and it serves the important of a Volt Switch blocker and Cinderace check. With Flyinium Z, its also capable of taking on SD Rillaboom directly, which is something the team can otherwise fold to. Lastly, Choice Band Argislash patches up the Mega Latias and Mega Medicham matchups while being a powerful breaker alongside Tapu Koko, breaking holes into the opposing teams for Zard to clean up. The team is very strong in several matchups, but can struggle with Pokemon like Weavile and Mega Lopunny. Hope you enjoy this kinda wonky team, and please let me know if you have questions.

ok so i will be requesting a core of doom desire rachi + mlop. Basically rahci clicks doom desire and it makes it so that mlop can break through clef and have stronger attacks.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Frustration

idk the doom desire rachi set so um anyway if you do this core i would love it

Solaros & Lunaris

So i want a core with mvenu + defensive melmetal. here are the sets

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 124 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

you can change the mvenu spread if you dont like it and thank you if you do this
:venusaur-mega: :melmetal: :hydreigon: :garchomp: :slowbro: :tapu-koko:
https://pokepast.es/5b864ca1cb3fc854

When Aurodian and JayC1127 started working on this team, we wanted a solid Fire resist that could also Defog Stealth Rocks and Spikes that really hamper Venusaur and Melmetal. Naturally, Specially Defensive Hydreigon was what we went with, as it had these traits as well as being a Spectrier check and appreciated MVenu’s Fairy resistance. Garchomp was added next as an unparalleled breaker when backed by paralysis from Melmetal (this combination is the team’s main way of handling Mega Latias) as well as setting up Stealth Rock and being a Volt blocker and pseudo-Ace/Tran switchin. Slowbro was the next addition, as it was a more solid Ace check and, thanks to Ice Beam, solved most of the issues regarding the Z-Ground types. It also checked Mega Swampert under rain, something Venusaur cannot properly manage. Lastly, to secure the rain and CorvPex matchups, Choice Specs Tapu Koko is the last member, as it gave some speed control to a pretty slow team. It packs Roost to keep itself healthy and still be in prime condition if its Choice Specs are removed by something like Toxapex’s Knock Off.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

This core of 2 pokemon I like. Mega mawile is a great breaker but struggles to come in on many offensive threats. But here is where slowbro comes in, it has teleport, a slow pivoting move to bring mawile safely. Slowbro also packs future sight, which allows mega mawile to pressure the team even harder in order to nab KO's. An all out attacker set was chosen because I wanted to use the coverage to make switching around it as hard as possible.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

This core of 2 pokemon I like. Mega mawile is a great breaker but struggles to come in on many offensive threats. But here is where slowbro comes in, it has teleport, a slow pivoting move to bring mawile safely. Slowbro also packs future sight, which allows mega mawile to pressure the team even harder in order to nab KO's. An all out attacker set was chosen because I wanted to use the coverage to make switching around it as hard as possible.
:ss/mawile-mega::ss/spectrier::ss/slowbro::ss/gliscor::ss/hydreigon::ss/cinderace:
click above for import

Hello there, so I have this team revolving around mega mawile and slowbro.

First I decided to add gliscor since I needed a ground + rocks and it fit this role rather spectacularly, also helped out in the ace mu if things got dire for bro. Next I wanted some more speedy mons to add to the team since it was rather slow so I decided on spectrier since it also appreciated mega mawile as a partner to come in on darks attempting to check spectrier. I next wanted a spectrier check of my own and a defogger so I opted to hydrei for this role. This also gave somewhat of a gren switch-in as well. I was a bit lost on what to put for the final slot but then I decided ace would fit nicely here. Bro would not appreciate the onslaught of ace + mmaw + spect overtime and uturn went a long way to bringing in these mons. Ace also benefitted from sight support so I thought of it as a cool option to abuse it as well, but thats more of a side effect of it being here. This also gave another rather speedy option for a supposedly rather slow team besides spectrier. Gunk ace also gave an out vs cm clef as things could get dire vs that rather quickly.

I would recommend one or two changes to the mons you gave in terms of sets in exploring brick break as an option on mmaw but fire fang can wrk as well, but if your keeping fire fang I also encourage you greatly to run 204 speed evs on it so it can outspeed mscizor and potentially nab a ko with fire fang. Another thing is the bro set to make it min speed ivs with relaxed nature. This allows you to the best get the slowest port out possible and at worst speedtie with other porting bros.

If you have any issues with the team feel free to pm me and otherwise have hf with it. :blobthumbsup:

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Hello there! Requesting a stall team around Amoonguss. (You can assume that Spectrier get banned for this one, so no need to include a dedicated counter to the horse in this team)
:ss/amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sludge Bomb / Clear smog

First, I wanna apologize to take a mon being under the recommended minimum rank (B+, and the mushroom sit at B).

I thought about amonguss with one specific purpose in mind: cteaming teams relying on Tapu Fini to beat stall. Amonguss just switches in, and threaten it with sludge bomb. It also gives troubles to specs Koko and most specs Magearna (Flash cannon does 51.5% maximum, so amoong can easily scout the move and regen off the damages. Magearna just cripples itself if it tricks Amoongus' black sludge.)

The spread is the standard USUM OU spread: can tank a +2 kartana and retaliate with HP fire, and the remaining EVs go in spdef.

I gave it synthesis over spore because I don't think spore is very valuable in the slow-paced playstyle that stall is, and Synthesis gives it the longevity it needs to check offensive threats in the very long term. Doing so, Heatran switches in pretty freely, however (but they can just send something else to trigger the sleep clause, so it isn't a reliable way to punish heatran anyway), so I think a strong answer to that living furnace is needed.

I slashed sludge bomb with clear smog because I thought it could maybe help vs non psychic manaphy, and force it to use his Z move, to let something else be able to wall it.

I'm asking that mon because I struggled a bit to build something consistent around it. I'm also very curious to see the thought process of someone else building a stall. I played and built stall for ages, but I never took a close look at other people's builds. This is the opportunity for me to get some new ideas, and maybe even new ways to think stall teams.

That's it. Thank you in advance to anyone accepting that request. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Magearna @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Trick
I need a BO or balance team with this mon.
This mon is stupid good as everyone knows basically having no reliable switch ins.
One of its main flaws is revenge killing and ground types as mag is really slow while ground types block volt switch so it would be nice for a mons to cover that.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hello there! Requesting a stall team around Amoonguss. (You can assume that Spectrier get banned for this one, so no need to include a dedicated counter to the horse in this team)
:ss/amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sludge Bomb / Clear smog

First, I wanna apologize to take a mon being under the recommended minimum rank (B+, and the mushroom sit at B).

I thought about amonguss with one specific purpose in mind: cteaming teams relying on Tapu Fini to beat stall. Amonguss just switches in, and threaten it with sludge bomb. It also gives troubles to specs Koko and most specs Magearna (Flash cannon does 51.5% maximum, so amoong can easily scout the move and regen off the damages. Magearna just cripples itself if it tricks Amoongus' black sludge.)

The spread is the standard USUM OU spread: can tank a +2 kartana and retaliate with HP fire, and the remaining EVs go in spdef.

I gave it synthesis over spore because I don't think spore is very valuable in the slow-paced playstyle that stall is, and Synthesis gives it the longevity it needs to check offensive threats in the very long term. Doing so, Heatran switches in pretty freely, however (but they can just send something else to trigger the sleep clause, so it isn't a reliable way to punish heatran anyway), so I think a strong answer to that living furnace is needed.

I slashed sludge bomb with clear smog because I thought it could maybe help vs non psychic manaphy, and force it to use his Z move, to let something else be able to wall it.

I'm asking that mon because I struggled a bit to build something consistent around it. I'm also very curious to see the thought process of someone else building a stall. I played and built stall for ages, but I never took a close look at other people's builds. This is the opportunity for me to get some new ideas, and maybe even new ways to think stall teams.

That's it. Thank you in advance to anyone accepting that request. Have a nice day!

:sableye-mega: :moltres: :amoonguss: :shedinja: :chansey: :skarmory:
https://pokepast.es/470210cff496b91e

Sevelon and I built this team together, deciding to start with the Amoonguss/Moltres/Mega Sableye core that provides hazard control and Heatran check, who are mandated for stall. 8 Speed EVs on Mega Sableye outrun Ferrothorn, so you aren’t at the mercy of Power Whip crits. For a Manaphy check and unconventional wincon, we elected to go with Shedinja, who also acts as a Tapu Koko/Choice Specs Magearna answer and can even play mindgames against Mega Mawile (though it doesn’t need to). Chansey is the quintessential Rocker and special wall for the team. There’s not much to say about it really. Lastly, Iron Defense Skarmory acts as a check to Ground-types and can directly switch-in to all Mega Mawile variants, which 96 Speed outruns. A very solid stall team overall, though it can struggle with more niche Fire types like Mega Charizard X. Hope you enjoy!

Gonna request a balance or bulky offense team built around Taunt+Toxic Heatran.

Heatran @ Leftovers/Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
(Use whatever EV's u want tho I'd prefer for it to be somewhat offensive)
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Also I don't think that running a Spectrier switchin would really be worth it here since I'm like 99% sure it will get banned.

i will be requesting a team around calm mind spectrier

Spectrier @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp

evs let u live a sucker punch from cinderace from full i might have the wrong evs though so change the evs if they arent good also idk the calm mind spect set so im guessing this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)