Project National Dex: Community Create-A-Team v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:bw/hydreigon: :choice-specs:
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 220 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Specs Hydreigon is a nuclear wallbreaker, whose only consistent switch-ins are Fairy-types, healthy Toxapex, and the rare Blissey. Even then, it can Flash Cannon the former and U-turn on all three, while Dark Pulse flinches never hurt in the late game. Hydreigon has several notable qualities over other Specs users in Ash-Greninja, Tapu Lele, and Kyurem, such as its great defensive typing with a Ground immunity and Dark/Fire resistance, as well as a Stealth Rock neutrality, access to U-turn to maintain momentum, and the ability to outrun the very crowded neutral 95s like the aforementioned Tapu Lele and Kyurem.

Kinzo

formerly Kinzo Ketchum
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
The cleric everyone wanted. It can heal status conditions like para from ur m lop or burn from ur chmop and Lando etc while healing ur Tran or Lando with wish. Extremely strong on a sd predict and ohko a mchomp or Smth from full after a sd with foul play. Protect also helps to scout mons like scarf/specs lele who predicted u to switch to pex and thus used psychic but now u know u won't be affected by it and survived. Over all one of the best clerics and can keep ur team alive forever

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
:kartana: :Blacephalon:
https://pokepast.es/745000a0a9392ba7

Kartana is a great revenge killer and functions incredibly well with this core as it is able to break past the likes of Tyranittar, specially defensive gastrodon which would otherwise hinder Blacephalon's ability to set up freely behind the sub. Z Blacephalon can pretty much break past Heatran and bulky water such as pex and fini at +1. It can freely set up on the likes of blissey and remove or chip down its offensive threats behind the sub which greatly helps kartana's cleaning ability lategame.

I will post mega medicham.
Mega medicham gif.gif

Medicham-Mega
Level: 100
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
Alright so this is a very underrated mega in the game as pretty much, it is overshadowed by Lopunny now.
Despite that i still see Mega Medicham as one of the best Mega rn, and it needs more attention
Pair it with Weavile or Koko offensively to make the best use of it

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Voting is up! Ends tomorrow!
:bw/hydreigon: :choice-specs:
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 220 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Specs Hydreigon is a nuclear wallbreaker, whose only consistent switch-ins are Fairy-types, healthy Toxapex, and the rare Blissey. Even then, it can Flash Cannon the former and U-turn on all three, while Dark Pulse flinches never hurt in the late game. Hydreigon has several notable qualities over other Specs users in Ash-Greninja, Tapu Lele, and Kyurem, such as its great defensive typing with a Ground immunity and Dark/Fire resistance, as well as a Stealth Rock neutrality, access to U-turn to maintain momentum, and the ability to outrun the very crowded neutral 95s like the aforementioned Tapu Lele and Kyurem.
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
The cleric everyone wanted. It can heal status conditions like para from ur m lop or burn from ur chmop and Lando etc while healing ur Tran or Lando with wish. Extremely strong on a sd predict and ohko a mchomp or Smth from full after a sd with foul play. Protect also helps to scout mons like scarf/specs lele who predicted u to switch to pex and thus used psychic but now u know u won't be affected by it and survived. Over all one of the best clerics and can keep ur team alive forever
:kartana: :Blacephalon:
https://pokepast.es/745000a0a9392ba7

Kartana is a great revenge killer and functions incredibly well with this core as it is able to break past the likes of Tyranittar, specially defensive gastrodon which would otherwise hinder Blacephalon's ability to set up freely behind the sub. Z Blacephalon can pretty much break past Heatran and bulky water such as pex and fini at +1. It can freely set up on the likes of blissey and remove or chip down its offensive threats behind the sub which greatly helps kartana's cleaning ability lategame.
I will post mega medicham.
View attachment 417281

Medicham-Mega
Level: 100
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
Alright so this is a very underrated mega in the game as pretty much, it is overshadowed by Lopunny now.
Despite that i still see Mega Medicham as one of the best Mega rn, and it needs more attention
Pair it with Weavile or Koko offensively to make the best use of it
still z shifu

pannu

beyond the farthest stars
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
...Aaand specs hydreigon team has been built! Thank you everyone who helped out, here's the team:

:hydreigon: :melmetal: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: :diancie-mega: :volcarona:
(click on the sprites for the importable!)

With the team being built around Specs Hydreigon, we recognized that Fairy-types where a huge threat to it, so Melmetal was added to not only check but also take advantage of those. We then added Landorus-T as its a Stealth Rock setter for the team, helps pivot in Hydreigon, and checks Mega Lopunny, which we were incredibly weak to. Tapu Fini resolved the teams lack of speed while adding Defog support and a bunch of useful resistances. Mega Diancie helps Hydreigon Break and also revenge kills foes like Kartana which the team struggles with. Lastly, thanks to Mega Diancie we could add a Z move Volcarona to help against Mega Scizor and Kartana, it also takes advantage of Hydreigons surprise factor and breaking prowess to sweep.

Feel free to use the team, anyone can, its called Community Create A Team for a reason!

Voting for next weeks Pokemon will open tomorrow!

[01:54:07] TylerTheMilotic: pannu
[01:54:18] TylerTheMilotic: wait nvm
[01:54:40] pannuracotta: yo
[01:56:54] TylerTheMilotic: can you do me a favour and run the CCAT tonight?
[01:56:59] TylerTheMilotic: I'm absolutely knackered mate
[01:57:04] TylerTheMilotic: 1am, long day at work
[01:58:55] pannuracotta: sure
[01:59:00] TylerTheMilotic: ty ily, I owe you
[01:59:16] TylerTheMilotic: ok, imma sleep
[01:59:16] TylerTheMilotic: ly
[01:59:17] TylerTheMilotic: <3
[01:59:20] pannuracotta: ciao

He never told me how to host, i had to figure that out myself. gdi tyler

New to Nat Dex, wanna give this a shot.

:clanger:
Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Clangorous Soul
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Earthquake

I'm primarily a UU player, so seeing Kommo ranked relatively high on the viability scale makes me interested in a team with it. Since Nat Dex allows Z-moves, I'd like to find out what happens if the clanger has access to TWO omni-boosts. This likely isn't the best set Kommo can run but the potential hilarity of it is intriguing!

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
:ss/greninja:
Greninja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Whatever set it runs, ProtGren is cool

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
:Tapu Koko:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs :Choice Specs:
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

:Mawile-Mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite :Mawilite:
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Since we have gmolt and gzap, why not post galarian articuno Normal moltres?

Moltres.gif

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body/Pressure
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands / Substitute
- Hurricane
- Roost

This set seems pretty underrated, with zapdos overshadowing it(Maybe?)
Anyway, this can be an underrated wallbreaker, with the ability to switch in to any types of m sciz and threaten it back w flamethrower, a solid serp switch (glare hurts tho) and it resist all Heatran's stab(Watch out for toxic, you can run Subs to bypass Toxic)
The thing thats hurt this moltres most is rocks ofc, so Hazard control is appreciated :)
Gonna keep posting this until this win the CCAT

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Apologies for the delay internet was out. Voting is up, ends tomorrow morning.

New to Nat Dex, wanna give this a shot.

:clanger:
Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Clangorous Soul
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Earthquake

I'm primarily a UU player, so seeing Kommo ranked relatively high on the viability scale makes me interested in a team with it. Since Nat Dex allows Z-moves, I'd like to find out what happens if the clanger has access to TWO omni-boosts. This likely isn't the best set Kommo can run but the potential hilarity of it is intriguing!
:ss/greninja:
Greninja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Whatever set it runs, ProtGren is cool
:Tapu Koko:
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs :Choice Specs:
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

:Mawile-Mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite :Mawilite:
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
gmolt @ flyz ill put the set later
Since we have gmolt and gzap, why not post galarian articuno Normal moltres?

View attachment 418096
Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body/Pressure
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Scorching Sands / Substitute
- Hurricane
- Roost

This set seems pretty underrated, with zapdos overshadowing it(Maybe?)
Anyway, this can be an underrated wallbreaker, with the ability to switch in to any types of m sciz and threaten it back w flamethrower, a solid serp switch (glare hurts tho) and it resist all Heatran's stab(Watch out for toxic, you can run Subs to bypass Toxic)
The thing thats hurt this moltres most is rocks ofc, so Hazard control is appreciated :)
Gonna keep posting this until this win the CCAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)