Project National Dex: Community Create-A-Team v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
And here is the finished team! We built this in the National Dex Room! https://pokepast.es/8c9891ab5b887f47

:ss/zapdos-galar: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/kyurem: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/lopunny-mega:

The biggest weakness to this team is Scizor notably, so we enforced a minor to change to Zapdos, with Blaze Kick and then HP Fire on both Landorus and Kyurem. Zapdos, Kyurem and Mega Lopunny provides good synergy in cleaning up after each other as solid breakers. Mega Lopunny carries the team as speed control, but Kyurem and Zapdos have decent speed tiers to outrun bulky teams, whilst having a high damage output. The team can potentially lose out to Garchomp paired WITH Scizor, but Landorus should be able to tackle both reliable, being able to pivot into Lopunny and Tapu-Fini as well being able to deal with Scizor.

Anyone is free to use this team anywhere they like! Big thanks to the Community for making this team! Submissions for the new week open tomorrow!

Baselord Kyoto

Baselord
deo (Deoxys-Defense) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Taunt
- Night Shade
- Recover

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/latias-mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Reflect Type / Substitute / Refresh
- Recover

Mono-Stored Power Latias is an interesting balance pick that subverts its usual Steel-type counterplay, becoming immune to Toxic in some form to let it break counters easier. However, it isn’t able to check threats nearly as effectively, leading it to being on the rare side. Perhaps we can build that helps with that?

:victini: :urshifu-rapid-strike:
https://pokepast.es/d91db37026d60cd2

this core is a good offensive core were both mons have good synergy with each other, vic can speed control for shif-r and also it targets mons shifu-r hates with v-create or final gambit, also final gambit full hp vic could ohko fini and pex which are of shifu-r greatest counter and vic could also u-turn for shifu-r, if vic final gambited on the opposing bulky water, shifu-r is activated and goes crazy with his banded stabs, also the rockers of the tier are easy prey for shifu-r which helps vic to come in multiple times without getting a quarter of its health lost everytime it switches in and also makes it utilities final gambit to the fullest.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Electrium Z :electrium-z:
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Bulk Up

I swear to god this set is so underrated. It takes on many of its it-would-be checks like Fini Pex and Slowbro among others. It reaches a lot of OHKOs o these threats.

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 244-288 (80.2 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO easy to get some chip with teammates and after rocks even easier

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Tapu Fini: 348-410 (101.1 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Corviknight: 338-398 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 356-420 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hey, Ms. Togenium here. I'd love to put this reply for the CCTA because the other ones I saw were pretty good. So I thought putting my own in here would be fun to put my own here!

After a week with Nacreous Snowmelt (A good friend of mine), we thought of Vaporeon. A water defensive pokemon worked well at one time and lets be honest: He made good progress on the ladder! We thought we wanted a offensive mon that can pair well with Vaporeon such as: Koko and weavile. we settled on Weavile. Zeavile to be exact. It has the amazing ability to break Toxapex and Corviknight as well, since it runs Throat Chop. If it has burn status, Like a good neihbor, Vaporeon is there. 3 tests were done and it took a while to think of the following:

Test A- Wish Bell support: https://pokepast.es/3623aedd8cb99ff4

Test B- Stall Turn: https://pokepast.es/12a7649b8bef0169

Test C- Burn baby, burn.: https://pokepast.es/849c4addc3f3ca96

We talked and went with Test A. The people of this have the option to choose which one they want. We highly recommend A since it was our most valued. Appreciate your time taking your time to look at this! Ill hope to have the CCTA once again. Yours Truly, Togenium
e21799fccbc8d760a6e8350e7b60712b.jpg
570-5706897_kingdom-of-corruption-pkmn-rp-vaporeon-fan-art.jpg

Last edited:

Milo

I'm Your Man
Voting for this week is up! Ends tomorrow!

deo (Deoxys-Defense) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Taunt
- Night Shade
- Recover
:ss/latias-mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Reflect Type / Substitute / Refresh
- Recover

Mono-Stored Power Latias is an interesting balance pick that subverts its usual Steel-type counterplay, becoming immune to Toxic in some form to let it break counters easier. However, it isn’t able to check threats nearly as effectively, leading it to being on the rare side. Perhaps we can build that helps with that?
Let's do victini this time
:victini: :urshifu-rapid-strike:
https://pokepast.es/d91db37026d60cd2

this core is a good offensive core were both mons have good synergy with each other, vic can speed control for shif-r and also it targets mons shifu-r hates with v-create or final gambit, also final gambit full hp vic could ohko fini and pex which are of shifu-r greatest counter and vic could also u-turn for shifu-r, if vic final gambited on the opposing bulky water, shifu-r is activated and goes crazy with his banded stabs, also the rockers of the tier are easy prey for shifu-r which helps vic to come in multiple times without getting a quarter of its health lost everytime it switches in and also makes it utilities final gambit to the fullest.
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Electrium Z :electrium-z:
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Bulk Up

I swear to god this set is so underrated. It takes on many of its it-would-be checks like Fini Pex and Slowbro among others. It reaches a lot of OHKOs o these threats.

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 244-288 (80.2 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO easy to get some chip with teammates and after rocks even easier

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Tapu Fini: 348-410 (101.1 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Gigavolt Havoc (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Corviknight: 338-398 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 356-420 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Hey, Ms. Togenium here. I'd love to put this reply for the CCTA because the other ones I saw were pretty good. So I thought putting my own in here would be fun to put my own here!

After a week with Nacreous Snowmelt (A good friend of mine), we thought of Vaporeon. A water defensive pokemon worked well at one time and lets be honest: He made good progress on the ladder! We thought we wanted a offensive mon that can pair well with Vaporeon such as: Koko and weavile. we settled on Weavile. Zeavile to be exact. It has the amazing ability to break Toxapex and Corviknight as well, since it runs Throat Chop. If it has burn status, Like a good neihbor, Vaporeon is there. 3 tests were done and it took a while to think of the following:

Test A- Wish Bell support: https://pokepast.es/3623aedd8cb99ff4

Test B- Stall Turn: https://pokepast.es/12a7649b8bef0169

Test C- Burn baby, burn.: https://pokepast.es/849c4addc3f3ca96

We talked and went with Test A. The people of this have the option to choose which one they want. We highly recommend A since it was our most valued. Appreciate your time taking your time to look at this! Ill hope to have the CCTA once again. Yours Truly, Togenium View attachment 416062View attachment 416063

Milo

I'm Your Man
And here is the finished team! We built this in the National Dex Room! https://pokepast.es/b2bb44b8cdcb5cfb

:ss/victini: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/manectric-mega: :ss/ferrothorn:

The main idea behind the defensive backbone of the team, was to provide valid answers or checks to Kyurem, Victini, Koko and Charizard-Y. Of course the team may still struggle with these mons in certain situations, however they can be easily played around with type immunity! Mega Manectric and Victini provide good speed control, and although the team may look weak to all Volcarona varients in total, Victini is the long term answer as because of it's HP Investment, can reliably deal with Volc with a V-Create.

Anyone is free to use this team anywhere they like! Big thanks to the Community for making this team! Submissions for the new week open tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)