Metagame National Dex BH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting back into bh recently and I'm wondering why Bee seems to be so low on the VR? He's on two of the three sample teams and I've had pretty good success with him seeing as he outspeeds nearly the entire meta and is a really solid check for MMY who is literally one of two S tiers. Is there any particular reason he isn't higher?

Edit:

ALSO since I'd feel bad just leaving this as a bland question post, have some teams I've been working on ranked in order of how confident I am in them

https://pokepast.es/ecdc6471e4d088cd
1601369330570.png

Overall just a pretty solid bulky offense team with good speed control but it kinda struggles vs teams with Ho-Oh AND a mon that hard walls pdon/zac-c (aka ho-oh + fc tina)

https://pokepast.es/eb9789a20bc2839c
1601369386505.png

Classic Mickle team with a bunch of choice mons and breakers, combination of Bee keeping up momentum and MMX/DeoA being strong af makes it very easy for this team to just get picks start tearing through opposing teams

https://pokepast.es/d3cddfddc8623ef0
1601369356646.png

Very new team I made today with a friend to help teach him the meta, pretty standard for my style of balance teams where the goal is to just to play patient and get picks when you can find them. Scizor prolly isn't optimal but friend REALLY wanted to build around him so this was the best I could do.

https://pokepast.es/68772774a819fbc0
1601369371770.png

Just a fun team idea I had to try to kinda preserve the style of my last gen7 team but it didn't pan out super well. The goal is to spread paralysis for pika to tear through teams but overall it wasn't executed the best, still wanna share it tho.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I've been getting back into bh recently and I'm wondering why Bee seems to be so low on the VR? He's on two of the three sample teams and I've had pretty good success with him seeing as he outspeeds nearly the entire meta and is a really solid check for MMY who is literally one of two S tiers. Is there any particular reason he isn't higher?
It faces very hard competition with Zacian-C, who outspeeds even more than Bee and has a much better defensive typing and bulk (resisting SR instead of being weak to it), giving it much more longevity throughout a match. This is a key point because there is a bunch of Rocky Helmet usage and Bee can't afford to run Sap without also giving up its offensive power (and Sap doesn't work anyway because it's so frail). If you want to OHKO MMY you can use Knock Off, and Zacian-C can even switch into MMY in some situations whereas Bee cannot.

Overall Zacian-C is much better prepped in a meta with high usages of priority and Rocky Helmet, and it is much more flexible in its role than Bee.

anaconja

long day at job
:ss/arctovish::ss/arctozolt:
The suspect test has ended.
With 9/14 (64%) of the votes being ban, Bolt Beak is banned.
With 4/14 (29%) of the votes being ban, Fishious Rend will remain unbanned.

:ss/slurpuff:
Additionally, the council has voted to quickban Belly Drum. Belly Drum has been discussed in other generations, primarily for its matchup fishing causing its uncompetitiveness, especially when recent teams have started to skip over using Prankster. Even then, if the Prankster mon is not switched in on the same time the user uses Belly Drum, it is highly likely that the opponent will lose a mon, potentially ending the game then and there.

Tagging Kris

With these two bans, how will the meta shift? Are there any mons/abilities/moves that become possibly uncompetitive?

Also two sample teams have become outdated as a result so more sample team submissions helps.

Here is a repost of my old H.O. team with updates for the recent Bolt Beak ban:
The ban changes absolutely nothing about this team besides making Zekrom slightly weaker so it should still work well.
With the current sample teams I noticed it lacked an H.O. team so I decided to submit one. Here is new team following the recent bolt beak ban the team: https://pokepast.es/311c771e57690be6.

The main premise of my build is to abuse sticky webs to stop almost all revenge killers, so I can freely use bulky, difficult to remove threats to overpower the opponent.

Zamezenta is my chosen webs setter due to its excellent speed and bulk, which allows it to reliably set up webs throughout the match. Parting Shot is to escape trappers and Court Change is to switch the opponents hazards on to their side of the field and to switch Sticky Web onto the opponents side of the field in case they manage to court change my own webs. Taunt is self explanatory, it’s there to stop Defog and Recovers from my opponent. Taunt also allows Zamazenta to stop opposing imposters from setting up webs and is self improofed once with a Mental Herb.

The second member of my team Dialga is used as a safety valve to stop offensive threats I would have a hard time dealing with. It can also sweep weakened teams and force favorable trades with Destiny Bond.

The next member, Regigigas serves as an imposter resistant status/knock off sponge as well as a lure for steel types and Zygarde. It’s coverage options and its immunity to Spectral Thief gives teams reliant on steel types and Zygarde to stop it a lot of difficulty.

Arceus Ghost is one of this team’s main special attackers. It’s ability Mold Breaker allows it to ignore ice scales allowing it to break through most specially defensive cores with ease. Since it also has solid bulk, reliable recovery, an immunity to knock off and rapid spin and self-improofed it has the opportunity to set up multiple times over the course of a match on a lot defensive pokemon without a fear of retribution.

My second to last member Mega Gengar was chosen for its ability to punish defoggers and Rapid Spin users with Electrify. With webs up Mega Gengar can easily win games on it’s own once ice scales users have been removed from the game. Gengar also improofs Zekrom which is really important for this team.

The last member of my team zekrom is unique in that it is both an offensive and defensive pokemon. It’s ability Fur Coat allows it to check Ash Greninja, Darmanitan Zen Galar, Primal Groudon, and Zacian C. and certain Mega Mewtwo X variants. It’s no slouch offensively either with Shift Gear Bolt Strike, and multi-attack it can devastate weakened teams.

As for playing the team the first thing to look for is Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Mewrwo X, and Primal Groudon. These will be common lead pokemon against this team. If you see any of these mons it is usually best to lead with Dialga to remove these potential threats with Destiny Bond. If you don’t see these troublesome threats it’s usually best to lead with zamazenta and just set up sticky webs. If you don’t lead with zamzenta try to capitalize on predicted switches to passive pokemon in order to set up webs. With Regigigas it’s best to activate it’s toxic orb on a predicted Spectral Thief. Once the toxic orb is triggered Regigigas will primarily serve as you switch into paralysis and neutral utility moves and troublesome pokemon like Prankster Zygarde and trapping steel types. If the imposter turns into Regigigas, switch to Dialga. Usually it’s best to use set-up and do as much damage as possible with Arceus before using Gengar to remove potential ice scales users that could potentially stop it. Zekrom is my Ash Greninja switch in so if it ever shows up with webs no up switch immediately to Zekrom. If the imposter user imposters Zekrom go to Gengar if you can. If Gengar isn’t alive set up some Shift Gear boosts and try to take it out.

Team Strengths:
Biggest Strength: Much of the metagame is not prepared for it.
Other Strengths:
1. Stall and Bulky Offense teams that rely on ice scales
2. Hyper offense teams that rely on faster threats
3. Teams that rely on Zygarde and Magic Bounce steel types to defeat Regigigas
4. Teams that rely on Rapid Spin to remove hazards

Team Weaknesses:
Biggest Weakness: Miscellaneous unsets
Other Weaknesses:
1. Paralysis
2. Yveltal
3. Regen-Vest Zygarde
4. Refrigerate Users
5. Aerilate Users
6. Sacred Fire / Will- O - Wisp / Shift Gear + Precipice Blades Primal Groudon variants
8. Court Change
9. Triage

Pre Bolt Beak Ban Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1186359539-gnaep8ohpu5hlcx17ijb28p0lio32tnpw (5-0 vs Dinodude)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1181333504-o2y3wx8tvbrlrqwmey26pmsv3dp5gr1pw (6-0 vs Soul Dew Latias)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1181823731-xsmmg2u222dcl6k6w1zwygtxm75mdp7pw (5-0 vs Dimrah)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1185468222-cbr671rw7n0dgjrnfwnh530r8hj2c33pw (2-0 vs A guywithaname)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1185479658-kw5nf5s4b3eam3bif3f8166e6t9zvghpw (5-0) vs Lazzerpenguin)
Post Bolt Beak Ban Replays (*note my elo is lower in these becuase I was also using this alt to test out a new stall build):
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1200179807-2g7cs3ynkkjgpc54tgecngqcpg3j6vmpw (3-0 vs Dimrah)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1196425949-xpndvj5hmf500v90iffzjmv2yuq4jd6pw (6-0 vs Sodass)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1197115743-2fjyiaxuu1xu5bvtlrzmsvj9lrlxw82pw (5-0 vs gridline)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1202683129-663r7o33z52js1axgxd7ulptmit5xo5pw (5-0 vs Mega Crazy)
Here are some embarrassing fails on my part but I think it is good for showing how not to play the team. These replays also are a good demonstration of this teams weakness to specific unsets:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1182062553-rwbq12y3nszhyjgufjen6cz6smovrslpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1185895949-c4o2bcf235o88cnrcjjaict9nz4o8whpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1186454730-qbfseonlq73ywm4ip1o4fmx7935v5i8pw

I would just like to give a special shout out to Lazzerpengiun for helping to create the team. Without him/her I would’ve never thought of utilizing webs for H.O..

For the image of the pre Bolt Beak ban scoreboard below, I'm in third place. My gxe is misleadingly low becuase I used this account before to test other unsuccessful strategies and I was unlucky enough to run into mutiple players in the 1300's who cheesed wins using specific unsets that would likely fail against the rest of the metagame.
Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 7.40.51 PM - Edited.png

For the image of the post Bolt Beak ban scoreboard below, I'm in second place. My gxe is misleadingly low becuase I used this account before to test some other stall builds in addition to H.O. being a volatile playstyle.
Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 7.55.24 PM - Edited.png

Last edited:
Here's my sample team that I would like to submit:

:ss/mewtwo-mega-y: :ss/Xerneas: :ss/Dialga: :ss/Ho-oh: :ss/Swampert-mega: :ss/zygarde-complete:

https://pokepast.es/d08f67928c4c3643

It's a balance team built around psychic surge mewtwo-mega-y. I've had a lot of success with and was able to reach #1 on the ladder with it.

The team functions by fishing for opportunities where mmy can come in and put pressure.

Xerneas helps cover MMY's weaknesses by taking out dark mons w/ pixi boomburst. Arceus could be substituted but I find the extra damage to be really helpful. Metronome may seem like an odd choice, but it can actually put a lot of pressure on teams. It allows Xerneas to chip away regenvest and ice scale mons, and fish for nice 2hkoes on Arceus. Rapid spin is rlly versatile on Xerneas as it can always clear hazards since, mmy usually wants to come in on a clean field but it can also be used as offensive pressure. After a rapid spin Xerneas becomes a threat as it puts a lot of pressure on passive mons w/ metronome boosted boombursts.

Dialga is my go-to special wall right now. Has rlly good typing able to wall most diancie & mmy sets. Spikes is pivitol on it as after 2 layers of spikes the ohko from MMY on a lot of mons is guaranteed and a 2hko on ice scales dialga w/ photon is almost guaranteed. Spikes also helps put a lot of pressure on teams that are rlly passive. Dialga most importantly, is my Improof for mmy. It's necessary to keep dialga above 70% at a minimum to ensure it still reliably improofs mmy.

Ho-Oh is my chosen mbounce mon for this team. Knock off is primarily to remove Chansey shed shells and trap it. Pretty standard set otherwise, but most importantly it reliably improofs Dialga & Xerneas.

Swampert-mega acts as a middle man, coming in on a lot of defensive pokemon, where it either court changes away hazards or is able to flip turn and gain momentum. It's bulk isn't the best, but it's able to survive most neutral attacks and dish out solid damage to a lot of offensive mons w/ thousand waves.

Zygaurd-Complete well is Zygaurd-Complete. With fur coat its physical bulk is disgusting. It just kind of walls most physical pokemon. Triple-Axel may seem really intimidating but I don't usually worry about it as w/ rocky helmet Zygaurd is able to dish out enough damage w/ rocky helmet to significantly damage triple axel users since they usually 2hko it at best.

MMY: Improofed by Dialga (and can be improofed by Ho-oh at 100%)
Xerneas: Improofed by Ho-oh
Dialga: Improofed by Ho-oh
Ho-oh: Self Improofed
Swampert-mega: The weakest improof, technically no improof, but I make sure I don't click baneful on imposter and usually try and chip it a bit w/ twaves. Zygaurd can be brought in to chip imposter, however this comes at the cost of a loss in momentum.
Zyguard-Complete: Self Improofed

The team gives no reliable form of recovery to chansey besides through dialga. However, Ho-oh can take advantage of this w/ knock off. When dealing w/ shed shell chansey, Zygaurd and Dialga should be put in the game as little as possible, and chansey should be attempted to be chipped by using mmy & Xerneas. A series I usually follow is: MMY --> Dialga (switch dialga to Ho-Oh) --> apply pressure w/ Xerneas --> switch to Ho-Oh. This ensures that Chansey cannot have an opportunity to heal and allows it to slowly be chipped.

This team doesn't have many weakness, but it can be really hard to break through a strong steel magic bounce mon + dark ice scales / av cores. Adaptability MMX is rlly hard to deal with if it gets into the game freely. Frost breath ash-greninja and technician garchomp can hurt the team. Besides that the team is really reliable and I've beaten, HO, Offensive, balance, semistall, and stall teams w/ it. It's important to keep as much momentum as possible with this team to keep MMY healthy for as long as possible.
some calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus in Psychic Terrain: 361-426 (81.3 - 95.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after 2 layers of Spikes

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dialga in Psychic Terrain: 156-183 (38.6 - 45.2%) -- 57% chance to 2HKO after 2 layers of Spikes

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Steel in Psychic Terrain: 180-213 (40.5 - 47.9%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after 2 layers of Spikes

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal in Psychic Terrain: 438-516 (108.4 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(I unfortunately do not have any replays, and I'm not sure if I'll have time to get any. I'll try and post some replays if I do happen to find time to collect some thought, or if they are requested. I can also talk about the team in more depth if need be such as how I would scout, check, and play around a variety of threats in the meta.)

1601454068063.png

#purplefroghype

Just some comments on this post after getting some feedback:

Some things you can change is give mmy psycho boost instead of expanding force. Even though u miss out on some 2hkoes and have less pp, you get to garuntee KOs on Arceus and just have a lot higher damage output. It's a choice which you can make.
Also, another thing that can be messed around with is Zygarde's and Ho-Oh's sets. Zygarde currently has spectral thief, but if a more reliable answer to normal pheal mons is desired or normal boosters, then spectral thief can be effectively swapped out for topsy-turvy. Zygaurd's pivot slot can also be swapped w/ stealth rocks if you would like to apply more pressure with hazards on your opponent. If desired Ho-Oh's knock off slot can be swapped w/ stealth rocks or worry seed, and Zygaurd could in turn be given knock off instead of volt switch.

Another flexible slot is Xerneas' last slot. Scorching sand is currently used there, however it can be swapped with magma storm, allowing Xerneas to 1v1 a larger variety of steel mons and rack up damage with metronome powered moves and magma storm damage as the opponent is trapped.

Last edited:
I would like to suggest raising Guzzlord from UR-->D.
Guzzlord's Dark Dragon Typing gives it a slew of key resistances that allow it to check Primal Groudon, Ash Greninja, Arcues Ghost, Mega Gengar, and certian MMY variants on top of being an excellent switch in to Arceus Water, Fire , Poison, Steel, Dark, Mega Swampert and Prankster Encore Zygarde Complete. It outclasses Tapu Fini and Suicune as well due to it's electric resistance, and ability to counter most Mega Gengar and Arceus Ghost.It also has a decent 97 special stat and 101 attack stat which makes it a good user of Knock-Off and Core-Enforcer.

Example Sets:
Ginnungagap (Guzzlord) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Anchor Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy

Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Teleport
- Recover
- Spectral Thief

Sassy Nature
- Defog
- Teleport
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
Calcs:

Gengar- Mega:
+3 252 SpA Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 328-386 (50.4 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Spooky Plate Gengar-Mega Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Guzzlord: 314-369 (48.3 - 56.7%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO
Ash Greninja:
252+ Atk Choice Band Greninja-Ash Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 270-318 (41.5 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Greninja-Ash Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 73-86 (11.2 - 13.2%) -- possible 8HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja-Ash Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord on a critical hit: 135-159 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Greninja-Ash Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 190-224 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- 5.4% chance to 3HKO
Swamper Mega:
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Thousand Waves vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 103-123 (15.8 - 18.9%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 97-115 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO
Primal Groudon:
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord in Harsh Sunshine: 178-210 (27.3 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 159-187 (24.4 - 28.7%) -- 99.4% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Guzzlord: 216-258 (33.2 - 39.6%) -- approx. 100% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
I'm not good at this meta but I wanna bring up a mon that seems semi-viable on HO so take my post with a grain of salt.
Zacian is a very worse ZacianC however it has one thing over it.
1st of all is it has a free item slot
2nd it has a free ability
thats basically all it is but the role it fits is a suicide lead on HO and the reason to use it over other leads is an immunity to core enforcer allowing it to almost guarrentee being able to get hazards up against a magic bounce mon.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201068910-joenpz3pipbz5p9hwgldvljlk4ued8kpw

Posting my luxurious Assist Team, this team lets me use 2 Assistants, not just one. Totally FUNctional! ;)

It’s a situational team for laughs and giggles and it demonstrates how easily priority can devastate an opponent. I have also used alternatives with Judgment over Photon Geyser, giving both Prankster users coverage/STAB!

Meloetta @ Mind Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature
- Assist
- Nature Power
- Tail Glow
- Destiny Bond / Transform

Grant MMY Tail Glow, and glean from MMY Photon Geyser. Prankster dual STAB works great to hit harder than Oblivion Wing.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- King's Shield
- Whirlwind
- Transform
- Beak Blast

Non-assistable moves

Blissey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Whirlwind
- Transform
- Trick

Non-assistable moves

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mind Plate
Ability: Misty Surge
Rash Nature
- Nature Power
- Assist
- Photon Geyser
- Destiny Bond

Dark-types are completely surprised by Nature Power, while Misty Terrain doubles as a Poison Heal prevention tactic and protects you from status.

Although, in the past I had opted for Pixelate Nature Power for the freeze chance.

Manectric-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
- Transform

Totally anti-Greninja-Ash, and threatens Ho-Oh, Lugia, Kyogre-P, Gyarados-Mega, Etc.

Diancie-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
Rash Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Nature Power
- Trick
- Transform
- Destiny Bond

Trick work great to devastate Walls, and lets me play with immunities. Transform works nicely on the switch after Trick, and Destiny Bond can be a useful tactic once Trick is used.

Last edited:
NDBH Next Best Thing

BH is known for having the option to run nearly any ability and moveset for every Pokemon. The Next Best Thing is a project where participants will create a new set that is not considered to be one of its main sets that has a niche/use in the current metagame.

How does this work?
Every week, a Pokemon will be selected and some of its main sets would be listed and banned. Participants will have up to Friday of each week to submit a set and provide their comments about it. On Saturday and Sunday a vote will be held for the most creative and viable set in the NDBH metagame. The winner of each week will be added to the Hall of Fame in this post.

Important things to note:
- Be creative with your sets! However, it is important to differentiate between a creative set and a gimmicky set. If a set is too gimmicky or situational I may ask the submitter to change their set.
- Justify your set! Show how it stands out compared to the main sets without being outclassed. Show what it does and what niche it holds. Replays are a good way to show your set in action, but keep in mind to have quality replays, not some 1100 replay against a standard tier team.
- Don't change your set after voting has started.
- Don't vote for your own set or persuade others to vote for it.
- You can reserve a set for 24 hours before someone else can take it, be sure to be specific about what set it is going to be.
- Don't submit multiple sets, item alternatives are ok as is the choice between coverage moves but keep the slashes minimum. Ability slashes are discouraged unless it is something minor like Tough Claws vs Adaptability.
- The banned main sets, to not be too confusing, will not have all common options slashed (ex. Magic Guard Mega Mewtwo Y). Use your own judgement to decide if your submitted set is very similar or not compared to the listed set.
- Changing an item or one move of a main set should be avoided, unless the move change significantly alters the use of the set.
- Each week's submissions end at Friday, 11:59 pm EST. Each week's voting will be done on a Google Form (to not clog thread) and end at Sunday, 11:59 pm EST.
Hall of Fame

Week 1: Mega Mewtwo Y
:ss/mewtwo-mega-y:
Mega Mewtwo Y is the most dominant offensive force in the NDBH metagame thanks to its incredible mixed offenses backed up by a blazing 140 base speed tier. It is capable of running multiple incredibly threatening wallbreaking sets, including both mixed and all special sets. What sets will you come up with for it? Deadline to submit your sets is Friday, October 16th, 11:59 pm EST.
Offensive Mixed Magic Guard
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty / Timid Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Precipice Blades / High Jump Kick
- Photon Geyser / Knock Off
- Volt Tackle / Knock Off

Mixed Sheer Force
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam / Moonblast
- Earth Power / Focus Blast
- Bolt Strike

Choice Specs Psychic Surge
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psystrike / Photon Geyser
- Psycho Boost / Expanding Force
- Fleur Cannon / Secret Sword
- Volt Switch / Moongeist Beam

Poison Heal
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Scorching Sands
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
Here will be my set submision:
Tail Glow Set-Up:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Photon Geyser/Pystrike
- Secret Sword/Blue Flare
- Spore
Explanation: This Mega Mewtwo Y's ability Mold Breaker allows it to ignore the defenisive boost granted by Ice Scales and thus rip apart most special walls after a Tail Glow boost. Addtionally the usage of Safety Goggles is at an all time low so Spore can reliably put many threats to sleep and can give Mega Mewtwo Y free turns to Set-Up Tail Glow. This set is easily improofed by Mega Sableye or Tyranitar depending on the set. Since the opponent is unlikely to have Mega- Sabeye/Tyranitar themselves and are likely to rely on Ice Scales to deal with special threats; they will struggle to stop it. Safety Goggles allows Mewtwo to stay in on Imposters if necessary without fearing Sleep ,and makes the set Imposter resistant if Spore hasn't been used yet.
Calcs:
Geyser Calcs
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 451-532 (70.9 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 385-454 (76.3 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Blue Flare Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dialga: 379-446 (93.8 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zamazenta-Crowned: 532-626 (137.1 - 161.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dark: 305-359 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Secret Sword Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Dark: 438-516 (98.6 - 116.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 348-410 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 438-516 (108.4 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Here will be my set submision:
Tail Glow Set-Up:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Photon Geyser/Pystrike
- Secret Sword/Blue Flare
- Spore
Explanation: Since Ice Scales has become the best way to handle special threats Mold Breaker works quite effectively to bypass it and rip apart special walls. Also the usage of Safety Goggles is at an all time low so Spore can reliably put many threats to sleep, including imposter Chansey. This set is easily improofed by Mega Sableye ot Tyranitar depending on the set. Since the opponent is unlikely to have Mega- Sabeye/Tyranitar themselvesand likely to rely on Ice Scales to handle special threats they will struggle to stop it.
Calcs:
Geyser Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 451-532 (70.9 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after toxic damage
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 385-454 (76.3 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Blue Flare Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dialga: 379-446 (93.8 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zamazenta-Crowned: 532-626 (137.1 - 161.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 350-412 (76.7 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dark: 305-359 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Secret Sword Calcs:
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Dark: 438-516 (98.6 - 116.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 348-410 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mold Breaker Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 438-516 (108.4 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I might be missing something here but why does the MMY need to have Safety Goggles? I think only the imposterproofer needs to have it?

+3 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 543-639 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 586-691 (92.1 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 462-544 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 421-496 (83.5 - 98.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 456-538 (90.4 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 455-536 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dark: 396-467 (89.1 - 105.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 452-533 (116.4 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This thing grabs OHKOs after minor chip if it has Twisted Spoon or Life orb.

I might be missing something here but why does the MMY need to have Safety Goggles? I think only the imposterproofer needs to have it?

+3 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 543-639 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 586-691 (92.1 - 108.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 462-544 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 421-496 (83.5 - 98.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 456-538 (90.4 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 455-536 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Dark: 396-467 (89.1 - 105.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 452-533 (116.4 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This thing grabs OHKOs after minor chip if it has Twisted Spoon or Life orb.
The reason I gave it Safety Goggles is so that it can stay in on imposter Chansey and Sleep it. Having that flexbility can come in handy sometimes. Life Orb and Twisted Spoon are also viable alternatives though.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Set Submission:
1602483909297.jpeg

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Photon Geyser / Psystrike
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare / Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon / Trick

Backed by Choice Specs, MMY’s Tinted Lens allows it to 2HKO Steels and other would-be resists, making it difficult to switch-in a check, while lessening the need for additional coverage options.

Volt Switch keeps up the momentum, while causing chip damage, and Fleur Cannon catches Dark / Dragon-types off-guard for finishing blows. Blue Flare adds additional coverage for Steels.

Lastly, Trick can cripple a wall, as a last ditch effort.
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eternatus: 494-584 (102 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Darks:

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar-Mega: 402-474 (99.5 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 462-544 (101.3 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 380-448 (96.4 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Vs Dragons:

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-White: 454-536 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 402-474 (79.9 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Calc vs Steels:

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Steel: 402-474 (90.5 - 106.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Steel: 231-273 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dialga: 262-310 (64.8 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
MMY has the highest SpA of all Pokémon, so it’s ability to hit foes off of neutral damage is potent, alongside it’s crucial speed tier, makes it one of the best options to run Tinted Lens, for a SpA wall-breaker.

Last edited:
Next Best Thing!

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Magma Storm / Inferno
- Psystrike
- Blizzard

This set has been a thing for a while and is probably one of my favourite ndbh sets in the game, right up there with normalise regigigas. Anyway the point of this set is to spread as much status as possible and lure and remove imposter cos haha Lum Berry. Lum Berry also shields status from various poison healers such as xerneas (so you can 2hko it after some chip). It still gets abused by a lot of PHs and is reliant on one time use Lum Berry so lucky punch or toxic Orb imposter is a nice partner. Imposter can also scout for ice scales!

Zap Cannon is the move you'll click against most pokemon due to paralysis being really lethal against teams that lack heal bell.
Psystrike is mainly a strong stab move when you need a power boost or want to bluff a different set.
Inferno is the one that can be swapped out most easily but burning stuff is rlly nice while also being absolutely devastating vs stuff that you can't ohko without a good amount of chip such as mmx.
Blizzard provides neutral coverage with no guard and does huge damage to girayina and zygod.

Calcs :
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 181-214 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Poison Heal
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 532-628 (83.6 - 98.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes (if you unable to obtain this chip you can burn it with Inferno first then finish it)

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 226-268 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

You also can check zacian-c if it lacks v create or knock off.

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 297-349 (71.3 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zap Cannon into Inferno is an ohko.

Edit : I'm also gonna toss a nomination in this post cos i don't wanna double post

:ss/arceus-water: to S.
With the suspect for bolt beak being ban, many pokemon just struggle mightily to break through it , making it a premier defensive mon , switching into staples like pdon , ZaCian , Ash Gren and DGZ.

:ss/deoxys-attack: to B
Another bolt beak based nom , One of deoxys's advantages over mmy was a substantial attack stat that allowed it to break through certain pokemon that mmy couldn't as shown in these calcs

252 Atk Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Steel: 187-221 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Steel: 214-253 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solgaleo: 212-250 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solgaleo: 183-217 (38.2 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

However with bolt beak gone , it loses a bit of it's edge over the mighty mmy. It's still a very formidable pokemon since it outpaces almost the entire unboosted metagame and can punch lots of holes being still able to utilize the stronger atk than mmy but bolt beak is non existant, making it unable to spam a 170 BP move.

Last edited:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psystrike
- Low Kick
- Volt Switch
- Growth

This is a bit too silly but oh well. Growth enables Mewtwo to fully capitalize on its great mixed offenses by letting it break through many common Ice Scales and RegenVest Pokemon with Low Kick while retaining momentum by pivoting out of unfavorable match-ups, often with a boosted Volt Switch. Desolate Land also allows it to take momentum from CB Ash-Greninja by switching into Fishious Rend after you've scouted the move its locked itself into and it can switch into certain Kyogre sets once you've scouted their moves.

Boots were the item I picked as it gives Mewtwo the most opportunities to make use of a boosted Volt Switch but a boosting item like Life Orb, Mind Plate or Fist Plate are good alternatives to hit certain 2HKO/OHKO benchmarks with Psystrike or Low Kick. Psystrike was the STAB I opted for as it has a decent amount of PP relative to the power and it makes Mewtwo a bit easier to Improof but Photon Geyser can to be used to cover a larger portion of Ice Scales Pokemon that don't mind Low Kick at the cost of being required to use more a more niche Improof like Mega Sableye. With Psystrike the set is very easily Improofed with solid Pokemon like PH/FC/Scales/Prank Zygarde and FC/Scales Giratina which is what I feel would be the preferred option.

Outside of certain Scales/Vest users, the main checks to this set are common are opposing bulky Psychics that don't mind Psystrike and some Prankster Haze/Topsy users like Zygarde, Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy which can switch in on the turn Mewtwo wants to use Growth however Arceus and Xerneas need to be slightly cautious about variants running Mind Plate or Life Orb as an unboosted Psystrike can 2HKO them if they've taken minor chip.

Here are some damage calcs that show where Mind/Fist Plate can have a noticeable impact if the opposing Pokemon hasn't been chipped from hazards.

+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 342-403 (82.2 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 375-442 (92.8 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Dark: 406-478 (91.4 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 352-416 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

And here are a few calcs of Volt Switch for some situations where Mewtwo is forced to pivot out. (Assuming threat of Spectral Thief for the latter two as Mewtwo can otherwise win with +2 Psystrike/Low Kick respectively.)

+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Yveltal: 151-178 (33.1 - 39%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Fire: 144-170 (32.4 - 38.2%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 94-111 (23.6 - 27.8%) -- 85.8% chance to 4HKO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Next Best Thing!

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Inferno
- Psystrike
- Blizzard

This set has been a thing for a while and is probably one of my favourite ndbh sets in the game, right up there with normalise regigigas. Anyway the point of this set is to spread as much status as possible and lure and remove imposter cos haha Lum Berry. Lum Berry also shields status from various poison healers such as xerneas (so you can 2hko it after some chip). It still gets abused by a lot of PHs and is reliant on one time use Lum Berry so lucky punch or toxic Orb imposter is a nice partner. Imposter can also scout for ice scales!

Zap Cannon is the move you'll click against most pokemon due to paralysis being really lethal against teams that lack heal bell.
Psystrike is mainly a strong stab move when you need a power boost or want to bluff a different set.
Inferno is the one that can be swapped out most easily but burning stuff is rlly nice while also being absolutely devastating vs stuff that you can't ohko without a good amount of chip such as mmx.
Blizzard provides neutral coverage with no guard and does huge damage to girayina and zygod.

Calcs :
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 181-214 (39.6 - 46.9%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Poison Heal
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 532-628 (83.6 - 98.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes (if you unable to obtain this chip you can burn it with Inferno first then finish it)

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 226-268 (44.8 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

You also can check zacian-c if it lacks v create or knock off.

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 297-349 (71.3 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zap Cannon into Inferno is an ohko.

Edit : I'm also gonna toss a nomination in this post cos i don't wanna double post

:ss/arceus-water: to S.
With the suspect for bolt beak being no ban, many pokemon just struggle mightily to break through it , making it a premier defensive mon , switching into staples like pdon , ZaCian , Ash Gren and DGZ.

:ss/deoxys-attack: to B
Another bolt beak based nom , One of deoxys's advantages over mmy was a substantial attack stat that allowed it to break through certain pokemon that mmy couldn't as shown in these calcs

252 Atk Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Steel: 187-221 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Steel: 214-253 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solgaleo: 212-250 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solgaleo: 183-217 (38.2 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

However with bolt beak gone , it loses a bit of it's edge over the mighty mmy. It's still a very formidable pokemon since it outpaces almost the entire unboosted metagame and can punch lots of holes being still able to utilize the stronger atk than mmy but bolt beak is non existant, making it unable to spam a 170 BP move.
I like your set and almost posted a No Guard set.

One thing you may want to consider is Magma Storm as a slash beside Inferno.

Now, you can at least trap some Pokémon and cause residual damage, I.e. trapping Scarf Imposter and using Zap Cannon. It could help net some KOs where a neutral hit may have been just 3HKO like against Dialga. The other thing is you don’t have to worry about competing statuses.
Say the foe scouted your set and sends in a SpA to get burned so they cannot get paralyzed. Magma Storm would be able to add additional chip, and work with Paralysis.
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psystrike
- Low Kick
- Volt Switch
- Growth

This is a bit too silly but oh well. Growth enables Mewtwo to fully capitalize on its great mixed offenses by letting it break through many common Ice Scales and RegenVest Pokemon with Low Kick while retaining momentum by pivoting out of unfavorable match-ups, often with a boosted Volt Switch. Desolate Land also allows it to take momentum from CB Ash-Greninja by switching into Fishious Rend after you've scouted the move its locked itself into and it can switch into certain Kyogre sets once you've scouted their moves.

Boots were the item I picked as it gives Mewtwo the most opportunities to make use of a boosted Volt Switch but a boosting item like Life Orb, Mind Plate or Fist Plate are good alternatives to hit certain 2HKO/OHKO benchmarks with Psystrike or Low Kick. Psystrike was the STAB I opted for as it has a decent amount of PP relative to the power and it makes Mewtwo a bit easier to Improof but Photon Geyser can to be used to cover a larger portion of Ice Scales Pokemon that don't mind Low Kick at the cost of being required to use more a more niche Improof like Mega Sableye. With Psystrike the set is very easily Improofed with solid Pokemon like PH/FC/Scales/Prank Zygarde and FC/Scales Giratina which is what I feel would be the preferred option.

Outside of certain Scales/Vest users, the main checks to this set are common are opposing bulky Psychics that don't mind Psystrike and some Prankster Haze/Topsy users like Zygarde, Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy which can switch in on the turn Mewtwo wants to use Growth however Arceus and Xerneas need to be slightly cautious about variants running Mind Plate or Life Orb as an unboosted Psystrike can 2HKO them if they've taken minor chip.

Here are some damage calcs that show where Mind/Fist Plate can have a noticeable impact if the opposing Pokemon hasn't been chipped from hazards.

+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ho-Oh: 342-403 (82.2 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 375-442 (92.8 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Dark: 406-478 (91.4 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Mewtwo-Mega-Y Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zamazenta-Crowned: 352-416 (90.7 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

And here are a few calcs of Volt Switch for some situations where Mewtwo is forced to pivot out. (Assuming threat of Spectral Thief for the latter two as Mewtwo can otherwise win with +2 Psystrike/Low Kick respectively.)

+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Yveltal: 151-178 (33.1 - 39%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Fire: 144-170 (32.4 - 38.2%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 94-111 (23.6 - 27.8%) -- 85.8% chance to 4HKO
Hey, I saw your MMY set, and thought it might be an option to slash Baton Pass.

Since it is a mixed boost, you could pass it to a fast Pokémon that has either Physical, or SpA, and that could make MMY unique.
Packing Blue Flare as a slash to Low Kick would also work for its great SpA. I just figured Low Kick might make it outclassed by MMX, but at least Blue Flare is off of SpA.

Photon Geyser could bypass Ice Scales, and could work as a slash as well. I know Psystrike works to bypass RegenVest, but Ice Scales is a bit more common. In either case, a slash reminds players of both options when building a set, depending on your team.
For Player’s needing an idea for their submission, don’t forget about Pixilate, with Boomburst, and potentially Rapid Spin (helps it outspeed even more), while hitting Ghosts like Lunala on a switch in to remove hazards.

Last edited:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Razor Claw / Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Hasty Nature
- Photon Geyser / Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Close Combat / Leaf Storm / Overheat
- Focus Energy

This MMY set is a very strong wallbreaker/sweeper and with focus energy it can get a guaranteed critical hit on any move, and with the critical hit bypassing the lowered stats from powerful moves like Fleur Cannon or Psycho Boost and your foes raised defensive stats there is no way for your opponent to take away from the offensive capability of your mon.

STAB Photon geyser on a critical hit with sniper bypasses Ice Scales and can deal heavy damage to special defensive walls, while Fleur Cannon can check Giratina, Zygarde-C, and Arceus-Dark with a powerful super effective boosted critical hit. Overheat and Close Combat check steel types and CC is also a hard check to Arceus-Dark or flash fire steel types while offering mixed coverage. Leaf Storm provides a solid counter to common walls like FC Waterceus or Primal Kyogre.

Paired with webs to reduce the opposing speed there are little counters against this set since you can't remove focus energy by any means and the SpA stat is meaningless because a critical hit will bypass lowered stats making Prankster or Unaware mons helpless against this wallbreaker. There is also versatility in this set with potential to use Baton Pass Focus Energy on a pivot mon to free up an extra move slot for coverage and allowing for a more diverse moveset available. It doesn't entirely rely on setup either and can get off a free hit with Fleur Cannon or Psycho Boost/Photon Geyser and then either swap out or trick the opponent into thinking you'll swap out and then setting up with focus energy to nullify the SpA reduction and set up for Sniper.
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina on a critical hit: 549-648 (108.9 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete on a critical hit: 645-759 (101.4 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Dark on a critical hit: 459-540 (103.3 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Dialga on a critical hit: 420-495 (103.9 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Water on a critical hit: 603-711 (135.8 - 160.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zamazenta-Crowned on a critical hit: 525-621 (135.3 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal on a critical hit: 444-525 (109.9 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh on a critical hit: 265-312 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Latias-Mega on a critical hit: 234-276 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega on a critical hit: 519-612 (131.7 - 155.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas on a critical hit: 559-661 (122.5 - 144.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Giratina on a critical hit: 405-477 (80.3 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-Y Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Zygarde-Complete on a critical hit: 474-558 (74.5 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Nuzzle
- Volt Switch
- Photon Geyser
- Ice Beam

Since every set before this was a wallbreaker I decided to put my own unique spin on the subject and go for a support set. With regenerator assault vest this pokemon becomes a backbone for offensive teams. With great 106/120 bulk and assault vest MMY is very bulky and since it still outspeeds and threatens a large portion of the metagame it will have time to come in and heal back up many times throughout a game.

On the set I decided for Nuzzle since it allows slow wallbreakers and in my case imposter pikachu to function. Volt witch is for momentum, Photon Geyser for stab and Ice Beam to threaten the most common ground type in the meta. Zygarde gets 2HKO’d so it can not block nuzzle. The preffered improof for this set is Steelix-Mega but the set is already self-improof to a certain extend because it can paralyze and ruin imposter sets on switch-in

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 436-516 (68.5 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-Y in Psychic Terrain: 140-165 (33.6 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Mind Blown vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 134-159 (32.2 - 38.2%) -- 96.2% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 150-177 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201891095

MMY showing off surprising bulk vs a pokemon with tail glow and healing back up after

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201923088-wdqfezoqelnk49yrwee9vabs0p1txugpw

Mmy coming in on opposing mmy and paralyzing it for later, then killing a mon before paralyzing greninja for the countersweep with imposter

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1202134490

MMY putting in work by tanking hits, healing back up and paralyzing diancie for the win. Sadly I threw in the end by using volt switch
The team

Been running this Pdon set a lot and surprisingly haven't ran into this set on ladder yet and it's not on the setpedia either so I figured I might as well post it here

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Adamant Nature
- Strength Sap
- Shift Gear
- V-create
- Anchor Shot

Sap + Dauntless Shield make it physically a very hard to kill mon and it's capable of switching in on most Zac/Gren sets. Anchor Shot + Sap also allows for it to be self improof, and trapping an opposing imp gives you free setup. There are a lot of mons that you can trap and get free setup on, basically anything that gets walled by sap and either doesn't have a pivot or is running volt switch/flip turn.

While it's strong defensively, shift gear also makes this an absolute MENACE offensively, and anchor/sap make it super easy to get shift gears off

Calcs:
+1 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete in Harsh Sunshine: 321-378 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete in Harsh Sunshine: 292-344 (45.9 - 54%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+1 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Harsh Sunshine: 294-347 (58.3 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Kyogre-Primal in Harsh Sunshine: 179-211 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Spikes support/minimal chip make this mon super hard to switch in on from anything that isn't a FC resist (even then some of them die) or a Flash Fire mon. I'd recommend running this set with MMY/Diancie that have coverage to hit steels and an FC ArcW as an improof

Edit: Some replays showing off the set

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1202467417
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1202417043
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1197162932
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1202202946-w2vagg934oo50yvash8zhvk8yy77oj2pw

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Quick VR change with Bolt Beak and Drum ban kept in mind:

Additions
:guzzlord: D
With resistances to Dark, Ghost, Water, and Fire, as well as a very low speed tier, Guzzlord is an appealing pick as a slow defensive pivot on balanced and stall teams.

Rises
:swampert-mega: B- -> B
:scizor-mega: C -> C+
:solgaleo: C -> C+

Drops
:diancie-mega: A -> A-
Diancie-Mega has not performed as well as expected due to Ho-Oh and Zamazenta-Crowned being staple picks for special walls, forcing it to have 4MSS to hit them while also wanting to use utility moves like Rapid Spin and hazards. It also faces unfavorable matchups against many Arceus formes due to being outsped by them.
:deoxys-attack: B+ -> B
:aerodactyl-mega: C -> D
:blaziken-mega: C- -> D
:chansey: C- -> D
:ferrothorn: C- -> UR
:muk-alola: D -> UR

Here's my next best thing:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
- Strength Sap

Get this mon in sun and have it do some work. Solar Power + Life Orb does major damage, 2HKOing Ice Scales Zygarde-Complete and Giratina on the switch.
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina in Sun: 274-324 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete in Sun: 321-380 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Dialga in Sun: 202-239 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal in Harsh Sunshine: 364-430 (90 - 106.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Arceus-Dark in Sun: 179-211 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (idk darkceus seems pretty easy to chip)

Obviously this mon kills itself extremely easily so you have to play it pretty similar to Deoxys-Attack. You do have Strength Sap at your disposal though so that's something.

Imposterproof with a Flash Fire Steel (though ff steel is just ), if you use Ice Beam you can improof with a Tyranitar-Mega/Gyarados-Mega, otherwise you can use some other heat tech like Regenvest Ho-oh. I used PSea Abomasnow but that's probably not an optimal mon (it was also to improof MG DGZ). I haven't played with this enough to get a feel for it but it seems like a v cool tech on sun teams.

Additionally, all of the sample teams are now outdated by the Bolt Beak ban. It would be great if more were submitted.

Here are a couple of teams I made. None are that great but just thought i'd drop them.
Will make descriptions later

:ss/arceus-water: :ss/zacian-crowned: :ss/yveltal: :ss/eternatus: :ss/chansey: :ss/palkia:
https://pokepast.es/5ddb73fafbfa6af0
This is built around a mixed adaptability palkia.
:palkia: so this is pretty much ripped from the setpedia. Rend + meteor allows it to bypass conventional means of walling it. Substitute can take advantage of switches it forces while glare is to pressurise the opponent. Improofed by waterceus though more flexible cos sub blocks imposter.
:arceus-water: This is my palkia improof. Magic bounce forces it to either para itself or crit fish with meteor. Eventually I just burn it. Improofed by eternatus.
:eternatus: this is mainly to take advantage of arceus water and fairy types that irritate palkia. Adaptability makes it hit really hard and tail glow makes it absolutely devastating even ohkoing registeel after chip. Improofed by ZaCian
:Zacian-crowned: This is my offensive picot to get the breakers into play. It also helpfully improofed eternatus. Improofed by waterceus
:chansey: this is just to scout out fur coat and ice scales while also naturally improofing waterceus.
:yveltal: I again was looking gengar weak so I slapped this on. Improofed by chansey

:ss/regigigas: :ss/diancie-mega: :ss/arceus-water: :ss/mewtwo-mega-x: :ss/groudon: :ss/chansey:
https://pokepast.es/fe3355b157e949a6

:ss/mewtwo-mega-y: :ss/xerneas: :ss/arceus-water: :ss/chansey: :ss/groudon: :ss/yveltal:
https://pokepast.es/66ebc46354610467
This team is built around one of my favourite sets No Guard MMY.
:Mewtwo-Mega-Y: This is the star of the team, disrupting many pokemon and spreading lots of status. Zap Cannon is to paralyze pokemon and has a good BP. Blizzard provides perfectly neutral coverage and hits giratina and Zygod really hard. Psystrike is a strong Stab move that hits ho-oh and can force out gengar and eternatus. Magma storm is to do slow chip damage and wear down pokemon that would otherwise check it. Since no guard has an excellent imposter matchup I'm allowed a bit more freedom. It's somewhat improofed by xerneas and pdon together.
:chansey: :ditto: chansey defeats and abuses most poison healers. Pretty simply just boosts up then crits whalso scouting other sets.
:xerneas: This can handle dark types comfortably and potentially clean up late game and rlly appreciates pokemon being paralysed. You can alternate between rocks and spikes if need be. Improofed by pdon but can handle by itself if imp hasn't boosted enough.
:yveltal: I soon found my self to just lose to gengar so I picked something that could wall it and Haze the boosts away. Rapid Spin is to remove hazards. Revelation dance is for normgar. I proofed by xerneas and chansey
:groudon: A sap shift gear set is a menace both offensively and defensively. I went solar blade to hit any swamperts while also being 100% accurate unlike bolt strike. Improofed by waterceus.
:arceus-water: A standard fur coat set handles lots physical attackers that would otherwise beat the team. Improofed by both pdon and chansey
:ss/regigigas: :ss/gengar-mega: :ss/greninja-ash: :ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/zamazenta-crowned: :ss/arceus-fairy:
https://pokepast.es/8426fb9216c8e02a
:regigigas:
So this team is built around Choice Banded Regigigas. I just really like seeing big numbers and obliterating would be walls with stronk Fishious Rend.
Parting Shot is used over u turn because it avoids helmet chip , helps bring wallbreakers in safely since the drop lets them tank a hit sometimes . Unlike u turn it also isn't blocked by ghosts. Improofed by gengar
:gengar-mega:
Next is obviously an improof. I chose gengar for the offensive power and can clean teams easily with Speed Boost + Tail Glow. Secret Sword provides perfectly neutral coverage. Self Improofed.
:greninja-ash:
Greninja's main purpose is pursuit trap those pesky ghosts and together both gigas and grenina heavily pressuref fur coat mons. Improofed by Zygarde
:Zygarde-Complete:
Zygarde can handle almost every physical attacker in the game while also proviiding gigantic wishes to support the team. Improofed via pp stall or arceus-fairy if it's shed shell
:Zamazenta-Crowned:
Zama completes the Fur Scales defensive core and handles various special attackers that overwhelm zygarde. Part Steel Typing allows it to check fairies. Improofed via zygarde.
:arceus-fairy:
This also can clean up later game but mainly is just to absorb stats and knock while also checking dark types and beating the dragons. self improofed.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Quick VR change with Bolt Beak and Drum ban kept in mind:

Additions
:guzzlord: D
With resistances to Dark, Ghost, Water, and Fire, as well as a very low speed tier, Guzzlord is an appealing pick as a slow defensive pivot on balanced and stall teams.

Rises
:swampert-mega: B- -> B
:scizor-mega: C -> C+
:solgaleo: C -> C+

Drops
:diancie-mega: A -> A-
Diancie-Mega has not performed as well as expected due to Ho-Oh and Zamazenta-Crowned being staple picks for special walls, forcing it to have 4MSS to hit them while also wanting to use utility moves like Rapid Spin and hazards. It also faces unfavorable matchups against many Arceus formes due to being outsped by them.
:deoxys-attack: B+ -> B
:aerodactyl-mega: C -> D
:blaziken-mega: C- -> D
:chansey: C- -> D
:ferrothorn: C- -> UR
:muk-alola: D -> UR

Here's my next best thing:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Moonblast / Ice Beam
- Blue Flare
- Strength Sap

Get this mon in sun and have it do some work. Solar Power + Life Orb does major damage, 2HKOing Ice Scales Zygarde-Complete and Giratina on the switch.
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina in Sun: 274-324 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete in Sun: 321-380 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Dialga in Sun: 202-239 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal in Harsh Sunshine: 364-430 (90 - 106.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Arceus-Dark in Sun: 179-211 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (idk darkceus seems pretty easy to chip)

Obviously this mon kills itself extremely easily so you have to play it pretty similar to Deoxys-Attack. You do have Strength Sap at your disposal though so that's something.

Imposterproof with a Flash Fire Steel (though ff steel is just ), if you use Ice Beam you can improof with a Tyranitar-Mega/Gyarados-Mega, otherwise you can use some other heat tech like Regenvest Ho-oh. I used PSea Abomasnow but that's probably not an optimal mon (it was also to improof MG DGZ). I haven't played with this enough to get a feel for it but it seems like a v cool tech on sun teams.

Additionally, all of the sample teams are now outdated by the Bolt Beak ban. It would be great if more were submitted.
You may need to update the OP further, I.e. removing Muk-Alolan.

Also, it may be more helpful to consider Download as an ability slash option for your Solar Power Set.

With a slow pivot like via Teleport, you could send in MMY against whichever offense you want boosted for Photon Geyser, I.e. Atk to hit Kyogre, or SpA for most others. The set moves / items work fine, just an ability suggestion, as a secondary slash.

My only concern was Sun being negated by PSea, or whatnot, and how such a strong STAB Photon Geyser pairs nicely with Download.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Counter
- Psystrike

This is my "next best set".
A bit more gimmicky than the other ones but it has a lot of different roles it can play. This set was specifically created to counter its walls and stay alive to help in late game.

Ice scales counter: Many ice scale pokemon will generally click spectral thief after a tail glow. This allows mewtwo to often times ohko them with counter.
Prankster Bait: Tail glow will often bait prankster pokemon to come out. A haze prediction can allow you to bring in a breaker and potentially cripple a team or gain a large momentum boost.
Longevity: Oblivian wings + tail glow allow Mewtwo-mega-y to stay healthy in a game for a very long time. It also gives mewtwo-mega-y the opportunity to counter multiple times as this isn't a "one-time use" set.
Late game cleaner: In a more defensive team oblivian wings allows mmy to revenge kill or break through weathered down pokemon.
Also, +3 Psystrike is still super strong.

MMY vs. Ice scales Dialga: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201770325
MMY vs. Regenvest Dialga (I played this opponent before, so they knew I had counter, discouraging them from clicking spectral thief: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201812083
MMY baits haze against Prank Zygarde (allows me to bring in spex diancie): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201815359-xr8j4ciyd54650rgos268l6elxzt2x0pw
Demonstrates MMY's longevity after Prank Zygarde traps it: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1201855465

Edit: I forgot to mention that this set is also really easy to improof. A dark type w/ queenly majesty, such as greninja can easily serve as a nice offensive improof.

Last edited:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb / Psychium Z
Ability: Turboblaze
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Coverage (Moonblast / Earth Power / Blue Flare / Scorching Sands? / Secret Sword)
- Stealth Rock
- Strength Sap

Not my original set, but one that has seen use occasionally in gen 7 and ND. It's really fast and MMY has good enough special bulk that combined with Strength Sap makes it annoying to take down. Fast unblockable Stealth Rock is really nice and ignoring abilities is helpful anyways for Ice Scales that everyone seems to spam. Psystrike is key to take down Ho-Oh and Kyogre. Coverage should be chosen depending on what spinner you would rather lose to (Yveltal Darkceus Magearna etc). Life Orb offers a consistent boost in power while Psychium Z offers a one-time nuke that hits on the special side while making you less vulnerable to Knock Off and act as a Trick absorber.

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 154-183 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Shattered Psyche (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 279-328 (62.8 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 200-238 (45 - 53.6%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Dark: 255-302 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ho-Oh: 243-289 (58.4 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Kyogre takes more)
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal: 265-315 (58.1 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Magearna: 250-294 (68.6 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 299-354 (47 - 55.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)