OM National Dex Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The scariest thing about my set, is that all but 1 calculation is TIMID.

Only the Dialga calculation needed MODEST for a 2HKO.
Btw leon I wanted to ask if you had thought of any possible improofs for this set, I considered an a shield scales arc ground but thats kinda specific and may not do too well against all mons in the meta since almost every player on ladder forgor to remove g-lance since zygarde ban.
Yes. Meloetta if facing an opponent’s Gengar-Mega Choice Specs set.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta in Electric Terrain: 147-173 (36.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Now Imposter damage without the Choice Specs:

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta in Electric Terrain: 107-127 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ice Scales Meloetta: 77-91 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Since it is immune to Moongeist Beam, it won’t need Ability Shield at all, so it can afford to run Leftovers to ease entry hazard damage and heal when it forces out the foe.

In fact, since it resists Photon Geyser, it won’t need Ability Shield for that move on other sweepers either.

Meloetta also can threaten the foe’s Gengar-Mega, in case they use the Choice Specs set, with Photon Geyser for last resort KOs, if it has it on its move set.

252 SpA Meloetta Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gengar-Mega: 266-314 (82 - 96.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Photon Geyser also dents other Pokémon like Eternatus, and Poison Arceus, so it threatens the Pokémon it needs to force out:

252 SpA Meloetta Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 266-314 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Meloetta Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Poison: 224-266 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It could use another Psychic move, but Photon breaks any Ice Scales they may have (like Arceus).

Meloetta can also wall Lunala and other Stored Power + Photon Geyser sets, without fear of Secret Sword like Assault Vest Dark-types or Ice Scales walls facing Moongeist Beam have to deal with.

+2 252+ SpA Lunala Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta: 112-133 (30% - 36%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery
:sv/arceus-ground:

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance
- Secret Sword
- Heal Order

Theres also this crazy arc set i thought of as a possible improof as it doesnt get 2hkos and can freely setup as mgar improofs it

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Ground: 186-220 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

However this improof is extremely shaky as light hazard damage and a good read will cripple your switchins. Perhaps scales a shield arc is a better choice. The main goal of the plate is to also serve as a light entrainment check which frees up your teambuilding a bit ig

still though its not too reliable
The biggest issue is you forgot 1 layer of entry hazards.

252 SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Ground: 186-219 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

If it has Ability Shield, it has to remember: Imposter will likely have Knock Off teammate(s) sent in before it comes in, and that means Arceus is kind of screwed…
:sv/swampert-mega:

Swampert-Mega @ Ability Shield
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Heal Order
- Volt Switch/Entrainment
- Spectral Thief

Theres also this based mixed swampert set that traps imposters switching on it and improofs the mgar set. Be careful of k-off/corrosive gas on it. pert is entrainment because pheal arc fairy/xern is way too common. This works as a pretty good special wall as long as you avoid salt cure and keep the ability shield to block entrainments too. Tbh this is a lot better counter than the arc set i posted above as this calc

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ability Shield Ice Scales Swampert-Mega: 99-117 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.5% chance to 4HKO

This lets you freely switch in and out of gengar's face. tbf pretty much any ability shield scales mon can improof that mgar but swampert is a great option because of VOLT SWITCH SWAMPERT and some pretty good typing but chloroblast mmy stops it
If it is Modest, and uses Astral Barrage, it can 3HKO Swampert-Mega after taking Spikes.

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Astral Barrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Swampert-Mega: 118-140 (29.2 - 34.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

So Swampert-Mega comes in, takes 41.7% minimum after Astral + Spikes, and then since Imposter is first, it takes another hit for a total of 70.9% damage before it can recover. 29.1% HP left

It will need to Recover on that same turn as it goes 2nd, since Eviolite Imposter will survive Thousand Waves, and Imposter would KO it next turn…

It will recover to 79.1% HP in that turn.

Imposter would then switch-out, but Imposter lost nothing, and Swampert-Mega was forced to recover rather than attack.
Another thing I noticed when laddering: The popular sunsteel tinted cb zacian isn't unwallable. funny thing is that the fc wall doesnt switch on its face but the imposter does. So i decided to exploit that, this is how you should be running zacian

:sv/zacian-crowned:

Zacian-Crowned @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely/Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def
- Sunsteel Strike
- Gigaton Hammer
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Why abandon the bulk? because the imposter copies your nature, ivs, evs, so just exploit that and be fragile. Improofing is easy too.

this calc is why you can drop zacian's bulk for offensive ability

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Steel Zacian-Crowned Gigaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Eviolite Chansey: 420-496 (65.5 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In the calculator i set chansey's base defence stat to that of zacian's base defence to mimic the transformation.

anyways this lets you 2hko if you can switch to your counter and pivot back over to zacian quickly letting you easily exploit the imposter and start forcing kos

another common zacian counter is prankster, stalling out sunsteel strikes doesn't let you take any kos. The biggest culprit of this is prankster giratina that gets this calc for zacian's gigaton if you predict the switch

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Steel Zacian-Crowned Gigaton Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 406-478 (80.5 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Just barely survives the gigaton hit and if its boots it avoids hazard damage. anyways it doesn't really wall all zacians so i'd suggest keeping your zacian sets unique if you wanna wallbreak well or, or, or...
What if Imposter is Scarf and now threatens your own Zacian-C?

252+ Atk Chansey Gigaton Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 283-334 (87 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Also, Imposter doesn’t copy your HP EVs / IVs, only Def and SpD (and the rest), so lowering your HP makes you 1HKOable from Scarf Chansey.

Focus in a coverage move like V-Create, if you just add a Nuzzle user to your team, you automatically win without having to compromise any EVs or IVs.

Most teams don’t realize that’s kind of all it takes to Improof, paralysis support.

If these were your last Pokémon left per team, they win 100%, but if they are paralyzed, then your V-Create wins.

Just have it Tera into FIRE for STAB, and now resisting their moves…

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Zacian-Crowned V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 470-554 (66.7 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

next turn they are done:

252+ Atk Chansey Gigaton Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tera Fire Zacian-Crowned: 114-135 (29.3 - 34.7%) -- 9.5% chance to 3HKO

Much easier than shifting its EVs and IVs and having it hurt Zacian-C against any other opponent.
:sv/mewtwo-mega-x:

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Band
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Psychic
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat
- U-turn

force their tera to bully them :)
How?

It doesn’t seem necessary for them to Tera, their Fairy typing makes them resistant to Dark, Steel-typing resistant to Photon Geyser, and U-Turn is resisted by both. Close Combat is strong, but it won’t hit them if they just switch.
thanks for the set leon, I had something similar but without hadron and beads, the beads not affecting sword was pretty new to me because I thought it would use the def stat in place of spd like wonder room but that doesn't matter rn ig.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that beserk gene is no longer available in the teambuilder but just today I saw a player use it, am i stupid in some way or is there still some sort of lingering bug?
Ya, it was a bug, it’s not permissible since the item was discontinued after Gen 2.

Last edited:
The scariest thing about my set, is that all but 1 calculation is TIMID.

Only the Dialga calculation needed MODEST for a 2HKO.

Yes. Meloetta if facing an opponent’s Gengar-Mega Choice Specs set.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta in Electric Terrain: 147-173 (36.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Now Imposter damage without the Choice Specs:

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta in Electric Terrain: 107-127 (26.4 - 31.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ice Scales Meloetta: 77-91 (19 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Since it is immune to Moongeist Beam, it won’t need Ability Shield at all, so it can afford to run Leftovers to ease entry hazard damage and heal when it forces out the foe.

In fact, since it resists Photon Geyser, it won’t need Ability Shield for that move on other sweepers either.

Meloetta also can threaten the foe’s Gengar-Mega, in case they use the Choice Specs set, with Photon Geyser for last resort KOs, if it has it on its move set.

252 SpA Meloetta Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gengar-Mega: 266-314 (82 - 96.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Photon Geyser also dents other Pokémon like Eternatus, and Poison Arceus, so it threatens the Pokémon it needs to force out:

252 SpA Meloetta Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 266-314 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Meloetta Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Poison: 224-266 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Meloetta can also wall Lunala and other Stored Power + Photon Geyser sets, without fear of Secret Sword like Assault Vest Dark-types or Ice Scales walls facing Moongeist Beam have to deal with.

+2 252 SpA Lunala Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta: 112-133 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery
1st of all, who in their right mind uses poison arceus?

Otherwise, scales meloetta has issues with other special attackers

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta in Electric Terrain: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
any chip gurarantees 2hko, or any hazards, tera means guaranteed 2hko

and low defense means it loses to all mixed mmy and deo-a sets regardless of physical coverage choice

It also invites in hazard setters with ceaseless edge without much way to pressure them, esp since the mgar you're trying to improof can simply volt switch out.

252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Meloetta: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

from a neutral nature gyara just setting hazards, not even looking for KOs. or free koffs

252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Meloetta: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO or 75% of OHKO after spikes, again, forcing it out for a permanent advantage.

Also with -ate spin, mortal spin, tidy up, court change and defog, I don't think having spikes up is reliable enough to rely on for breaking through spec walls

I feel like improofs aren't great if they can't perform the role that their expected to fill outside of only beating imposters.

The reason I brought up ceaseless and koff is because ImpMgar volt switch into defensive dark type that's immune to photon geyser, such as the poison heal Mgyara I used for the calc, followed by the use of that strong utility move to generate pressure is an obvious one, and one that defeats the purpose of using meloetta to improof in the first place,since the imposter team wins out by bringing it in.

On the topic of hazards, there's a reason included the full calc, then the prospect of chip. Keeping them separate, always including pure calc, only occasionally including hazards to drive a point home.

Also, if it's modest, it just loses too much valuable speed, which means a greater variety of offensive pieces can threaten it out before it can do much of anything. I'd rather less damage than no damage.

Also, I know meloetta won't stay on the gyara, that's why the free spikes off ceaseless are a really big issue. Yes they can be removed, but the tempo goes to your opponent.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Arceus in Electric Terrain: 169-199 (38 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

doesn't lose as hard to other spec attackers, survives mmy headlong, although fighting coverage is still an issue,

252 Atk Libero Mewtwo-Mega-Y Headlong Rush vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 153-180 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

also if meloetta is leftovers, it loses to lumina, bc not dark type

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
1st of all, who in their right mind uses poison arceus?

Otherwise, scales meloetta has issues with other special attackers

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Meloetta in Electric Terrain: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO

and low defense means it loses to all mixed mmy and deo-a sets regardless of physical coverage choice

It also invites in hazard setters with ceaseless edge without much way to pressure them.

252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Ceaseless Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Meloetta: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I don’t use Arceus-Poison, but I have come across teams that do. And it wasn’t too uncommon to simply ignore.

Meloetta is not the best SpD wall in the game, but it takes Imposter’s hits better than most FOR THIS SET Bc it doesn’t rely on Ability Shield, is immune to STAB, and isn’t weak to Secret Sword like Chansey is.

Miri can threaten many SpD walls, and I think it’s more a testament to its offense, than a critique of Meloetta’s defense.

Its literally able to Tera and outdamage Gengar-Mega, especially since it gets STAB off Rising Voltage.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Astral Barrage vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 334-394 (75.2 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Miraidon Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Fairy in Electric Terrain: 424-501 (95.4 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

This does not include Tera, but Tera would only be higher…

Obviously, it’s always going to hit harder when dealing neutral damage.

So that point applies across any SpD Wall, not just Meloetta.

My point was on Improofing this Pokémon, similar to how Sabeleye-Mega was used to specifically Improof MMX in Gen 7, even though it wasn’t great outside of doing that role.

Chansey has low Defense as well, so unless it’s using Fur Coat, it obviously cannot handle mixed Attackers.

Not all SpD walls are expected to handle mixed attackers.

Thats like pointing out how a super effective utility move like Knock Off can threaten Lunala. It doesn’t mean it cannot do it’s job at all, it just has a different job than staying in on a Physical Dark-type attacker like Gyarados-Mega, who has huge Atk…

Also a lot of your points contradict one another:
from a neutral nature gyara just setting hazards, not even looking for KOs. or free koffs

252 Atk Gyarados-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Meloetta: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO or 75% of OHKO after spikes, again, forcing it out for a permanent advantage.
So you would rather point out that Gyarados-Mega can hurt Meloetta with Knock Off (as if it would stay in), but completely forget that even SpD walls that would stay in would lose their Ability Shield, meaning they are MORE vulnerable to Moongeist Beam Gengar-Mega even if they can handle Gyarados-Mega.

So if I had to chose bw switching out Meloetta from Gyarados-Mega to simply avoid a super effective hit, or pick a SpD wall that has higher Defense but depends on Ability Shield, I would keep Meloetta Bc Knock Off is common enough on even walls, where it’s better to lose Leftovers than something like Ability Shield.

Or, I could, just pivot out Meloetta to something like Groudon-Red Orb that negates Water moves or a PHealer resist that isn’t impacted by losing its item like Tapu-Fini.

Most SpD walls wouldn’t stay in on Gyaradios-Mega anyways, Bc it may have an offensive Sniper Wicked Blow set and why would they try and stay in at all?
esp since the mgar you're trying to improof can simply volt switch out.
So Mega-Gengar can switch out, but Meloetta cannot? C’mon now…

Next, you highlight how

First you skip Leftovers recovery, and then when discussing the offense of my Gengar-Mega , you conveniently suggest hazards are too situational Bc they can be removed.
Also with -ate spin, mortal spin, tidy up, court change and defog, I don't think having spikes up is reliable enough to rely on for breaking through spec walls
I think like I said earlier, almost all of my set nature calculations were Timid, a quick switch to Modest pushes some of the 3HKOs into 2HKOs territory, without hazards.

Also, why suggest it’s easy to remove hazards on Gengar’s damage, but highlight them in Meloetta’s survival where now suddenly that chip damage is accounted for?

Either keep hazards / chip for both sides (Offense for Gengar-Mega, Defense for Meloetta), or don’t include them at all. That way it’s not conveniently included only for your narrative, but then excluded when it’s inconvenient.
It also invites in hazard setters with ceaseless edge without much way to pressure them.

How about my team uses Court Change on your Ceaseless Edge? There goes your whole Hazards advantage argument…

Wait, wasn’t that one of your arguments against me bringing up entry hazards? Court Change can be used by my team too.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I feel like improofs aren't great if they can't perform the role that their expected to fill outside of only beating imposters.

The reason I brought up ceaseless and koff is because ImpMgar volt switch into defensive dark type that's immune to photon geyser, such as the poison heal Mgyara I used for the calc, followed by the use of that strong utility move to generate pressure is an obvious one, and one that defeats the purpose of using meloetta to improof in the first place,since the imposter team wins out by bringing it in.
So Bc you thought that an Imposter using team is going to use PHeal Gyarados, that negates Meloetta?

How many other SpD walls are also impacted by Gyarados-Mega with Knock Off removing, say Ability Shield? At least Meloetta‘s ability isn’t reliant on an item to maintain it Bc it’s immune to Moongeist Beam, and resists Photon Geyser…

A better point would be to say Gyarados-Mega with Pursuit can threaten Meloetta even if it tries to switch. And then highlight that Damage calculation.

In either case, why would a SpD Wall stay in on Gyarados-Mega? And isn’t there a teammate Meloetta can force out Gyarados-Mega with? Remember, if I have 2 Pokémon weak to Dark, I would pack a Dark resist on my team… I.e. Zacian-C.

You conveniently suggest all these issues but act like Meloetta has no teammates.

No Pokémon can do everything, but as long at it has the niche to fulfill a role on a team, then it can be justified, especially if it enables a more important teammate to simply decimate the opponent due to sheer power.

Lastly, I was asked about what Improofs to use, so I gave one that can handle Imposter without the same issues as others (I.e. losing Ability Shield).

I didn’t suggest it for all teams, just for this Improof.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
lets not go off the rails here, some points:
  • tinted lens and hadron engine gengar are mediocre. both are trying to beat dark types when you can just use beads of ruin fleur cannon (normal walls are practically nonexistent and steel types are hit by ghost anyway)
    • 252 SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Gengar-Mega Fleur Cannon over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Ting-Lu: 432-509 (84 - 99%) -- not a KO
    • 252 SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Gengar-Mega Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 384-454 (74.7 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • as izlore said above meloetta is just not good. aside from not walling important special/mixed wallbreakers its also just horribly passive as photon doesnt hit anything relevant (poisonceus had 0.73% usage last month and fighting-types weak to psychic dont exist either). the simplest way to improof gengar is to use your own imposter, you have 250/105 special bulk at +1 and imposter has so much more utility than meloetta
  • if your improof takes 40 or more from imposter its not a good improof
  • teraing into fire as tinted lens zacc does not affect imposter damage
gonna end any discussion on meloetta, might post some silly sets and talk about tiering considerations

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
lets not go off the rails here, some points:
  • tinted lens and hadron engine gengar are mediocre. both are trying to beat dark types when you can just use beads of ruin fleur cannon (normal walls are practically nonexistent and steel types are hit by ghost anyway)
    • 252 SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Gengar-Mega Fleur Cannon over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Ting-Lu: 432-509 (84 - 99%) -- not a KO
    • 252 SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Gengar-Mega Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 384-454 (74.7 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • as izlore said above meloetta is just not good. aside from not walling important special/mixed wallbreakers its also just horribly passive as photon doesnt hit anything relevant (poisonceus had 0.73% usage last month and fighting-types weak to psychic dont exist either). the simplest way to improof gengar is to use your own imposter, you have 250/105 special bulk at +1 and imposter has so much more utility than meloetta
  • if your improof takes 40 or more from imposter its not a good improof
  • teraing into fire as tinted lens zacc does not affect imposter damage
gonna end any discussion on meloetta, might post some silly sets and talk about tiering considerations
In regards to Tera Fire Zacian-C, since Imposter doesn’t have STAB V-Create, only STAB Gigaton Hammer, I showed that Imposter‘s best damage against Zacian-C after Tera into Fire is Gigaton Hammer, and that damage Calc isn’t very high, while Tera Zacian-C with Tera can 1-2HKO Imposter, netting it the win.

Chansey without Eviolite is 1HKO’d, and if it uses V-Create with Eviolite then V-Create removes the defense boosts either way.

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Zacian-Crowned V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Chansey: 702-828 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Therefore, Tera Fire with V-Create still Improofs, Bc Imposter is unable to hit super effectively, and it’s neutral moves via Tinted Lens have drawbacks that prevent it from being able to win.

Just have it Tera into FIRE for STAB.

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Zacian-Crowned V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 470-554 (66.7 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
In regards to Tera Fire Zacian-C, since Imposter doesn’t have STAB V-Create, only STAB Gigaton Hammer, I showed that Imposter‘s best damage against Zacian-C after Tera into Fire is Gigaton Hammer, and that damage Calc isn’t very high, while Tera Zacian-C with Tera can 1-2HKO Imposter, netting it the win.

Chansey without Eviolite is 1HKO’d, and if it uses V-Create with Eviolite then V-Create removes the defense boosts either way.

252 Atk Choice Band Tera Fire Zacian-Crowned V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Chansey: 702-828 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Therefore, Tera Fire with V-Create still Improofs, Bc Imposter is unable to hit super effectively, and it’s neutral moves via Tinted Lens have drawbacks that prevent it from being able to win.

Just have it Tera into FIRE for STAB.

then fc arc water walls it. The reason cb tinted sunsteel zacian is good is because it denies the best zacian counters or even premier fc walls. you need an unmon like volcanion to counter tinted lens. Then the thing is the only way the set is outperformed is when eviolite imposter comes in or it gets stalled out by prankster, most specifically giratina as almost all other prankster mons are koed by gigaton. What i suggested was good supportive teambuilding for the zac set because the reason v-create zacian and other similar sets utility has reduced is because this zacian set is so much better to beat walls. 2hkoes everything real since the zygarde ban. With the set i proposed i doubt there are any hard counters left until your opponent pulls out a volcanion. Also they waste their tera on giratina because of pursuit.

also its kind of a force that you bring it in on a good turn where it kos the mon thats in play forcing a switch which forces a ko anyways

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
then fc arc water walls it. The reason cb tinted sunsteel zacian is good is because it denies the best zacian counters or even premier fc walls. you need an unmon like volcanion to counter tinted lens. Then the thing is the only way the set is outperformed is when eviolite imposter comes in or it gets stalled out by prankster, most specifically giratina as almost all other prankster mons are koed by gigaton. What i suggested was good supportive teambuilding for the zac set because the reason v-create zacian and other similar sets utility has reduced is because this zacian set is so much better to beat walls. 2hkoes everything real since the zygarde ban. With the set i proposed i doubt there are any hard counters left until your opponent pulls out a volcanion. Also they waste their tera on giratina because of pursuit.

also its kind of a force that you bring it in on a good turn where it kos the mon thats in play forcing a switch which forces a ko anyways
I see:

252 Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Steel Zacian-Crowned Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Water: 232-274 (52.2 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I guess as long as Arceus-Water, etc. does not have Ability Shield, then it can 2HKO most things.

Not even something like Steelix-Mega can survive as well as Volcanion.

252 Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Steel Zacian-Crowned Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix-Mega: 140-166 (39.5 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Tera Steel Zacian-Crowned Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcanion: 116-136 (31.8 - 37.3%) -- 89.4% chance to 3HKO

———
As for Light of Ruin Beads of Ruin Gengar-Mega: I like having Secret Sword to threaten Pokémon like Ice Scales / Fur Coat Chansey.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Ice Scales Chansey: 300-354 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Rising Voltage is 180+ base power thanks to the Terrain boost (70 x 2 + 30% =182), it’s like having an Electric-type STAB equal to Astral Barrage‘s power to KO Gyarados-Mega or Arceus-Water.

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Gyarados-Mega in Electric Terrain: 636-750 (161.4 - 190.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Water in Electric Terrain: 674-794 (151.8 - 178.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It also provides the Electric Terrain which can benefit your teammates if they use Electric moves or a MMX’s STAB Psy Blade (50% boost to 180 Base power).

Especially as it boosts Volt Switch, for easy pivoting.

Gengar-Mega is not Improofed by your own Chansey Imposter:

Without Fur Coat, it cannot handle Secret Sword.

252 SpA Hadron Engine Gengar-Mega Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 400-472 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
let's just drop this pointless argument already, hadron mgar is mid, scales chansey is mostly a passive asf meme and running a calc on the physical wall waterceus against a special attacker like mgar shows nothing. plus this is just spamming walls of text at this point.

on a sidenote, i've really been feeling like ph mgyara has gotten really good. water/dark is a goated asf typing, glare deters about any attacker from coming in while massively supporting slower breakers and hard punishing imposter (the only viable offensive mon that takes it, miraidon, doesn't like getting hit and losing denergy BP) and being able to consistently fit both hazards and hazard control is excellent when teambuilding and frees space on your support mons while making progress. and it isn't even easy to spinblock as the most common normal immune, fc luna, takes quite some damage from edge and gets spiked in the process. would maybe suggest to rank it up to A- on the VR because of its great utility, splashability and ways to make progress.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
let's just drop this pointless argument already, hadron mgar is mid, scales chansey is mostly a passive asf meme and running a calc on the physical wall waterceus against a special attacker like mgar shows nothing. plus this is just spamming walls of text at this point.

on a sidenote, i've really been feeling like ph mgyara has gotten really good. water/dark is a goated asf typing, glare deters about any attacker from coming in while massively supporting slower breakers and hard punishing imposter (the only viable offensive mon that takes it, miraidon, doesn't like getting hit and losing denergy BP) and being able to consistently fit both hazards and hazard control is excellent when teambuilding and frees space on your support mons while making progress. and it isn't even easy to spinblock as the most common normal immune, fc luna, takes quite some damage from edge and gets spiked in the process. would maybe suggest to rank it up to A- on the VR because of its great utility, splashability and ways to make progress.
I think Gengar-M’s Light of Ruin doing more damage to Ting-Lu is definitely a good point.

My point, was how the Electric Terrain from Hadron Engine can a helpful benefit to other teammates, and it can allow it to 1HKO a Pokémon like Gyarados-Mega, which resists its STAB, and at the least it boosts Volt Switch if it wanted to deal more while pivoting out.

Light of Ruin can also KO Gyarados-Mega, the only thing is that it is a coverage move, meanwhile Rising Voltage can deals consistent damage to even neutral targets.

I never said Hadron was better, but I do think it forcing out common Pokémon like Arceus-Water is a nice benefit, especially if it allows you to remove coverage moves from other teammates, freeing up their movesets.

Overall, both have similar damage capabilities.
——
Anyways, I agree on Gyarados-Mega.

I think it’s typing is underrated, and I think it’s strong combination of reasonable bulk and strong offensive stats works Bc it can either serve damage as a set-up sweeper with Fishous, a wall breaker Band Sniper set, or pull off a defensive utility move set like with PH and Ceaseless Edge.

I hope more people begin to test out it’s merits on their teams too. I remember using Gyarados on many teams, and it typically did more in my battles, than I expected it would do when I was teambuilding with it. A pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Guys can you tell me if my team is good?
I'm having a hard time trying to create a team:(
Here's the team:
https://pokepast.es/d9cc09cdf48d80eb
you seem to have some good ideas but there are also some structural issues with this team:
- a lot of your team is weak to ground - groudon, zacian, and dialga-o all fear headlong rush from mmy/zacc/pdon/etc. arceus-water can theoretically switch into these but fears electric/grass coverage which they often run. while mmx is a good mon in a vacuum you don't have an improof to it so i'd advise you to replace it with something bulky like xerneas:

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fire
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin
- Spiky Shield
although it doesnt resist ground either, it can swap into most of these mons' attacks and burn them. this also solves your issue of not having hazard control.

- you have no setup control; if the opponent gets a qd or vd or shift gear up you're usually dead. while knock off usually has good utility to remove cloaks it's not too necessary since you have koff pdon so we're going to revise the waterceus set:

:ss/arceus-water:
Arceus-Water @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Fur Coat
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Topsy-Turvy
- Heal Order
- Teleport
bold nature boosts def instead of lowering it, plus the speed is pretty unnecessary anyway. topsy-turvy is a good way to negate boosts - magic bounce rarely exists and it lets waterceus stall out things like ph regigigas out so that groudon can ohko it with vcreate for example. teleport was chosen over flip turn for a slower pivot that isn't blocked by desolate land.

- your special bulk is pretty lacking. while dialga-origin is a good mon, regenvest isn't enough to take hits from the likes of miraidon and protean mmy. we're going to opt for ice scales instead:

:sv/dialga-origin:
Dialga-Origin @ Ability Shield
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Heal Order
ability shield lets it ignore moongeist beam from gengar, as well as dodge entrainment normalize. anchor shot traps imposter so it can't take advantage of your set, core enforcer threatens miraidon out while checking ph mons such as regigigas, and spectral thief adds additional setup control on the special side.

- your pdon lacks an improof. imposter can freely switch into groudon and spam knock off and solar blade before retreating to their resist and repeating the process. to stop this cycle we can revise zacian-crowned to be primordial sea:

Zacian-Crowned @ Covert Cloak / Fairium Z
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Magical Torque
- Fishious Rend
- Heal Order
- Ceaseless Edge
covert cloak prevents you from getting trapped by anchor, chipped by salt cure, or crippled by nuzzle, but since imposter is likely knocking it off anyway you can opt for something like fairium z to do massive damage to giratina or some neutral hit. zacc also improofs sceptile handily.

other minor changes:
- sceptile-mega should probably be timid, its one upside is being faster than mmy and modest doesnt do that (maybe miraidon would fit better here)
- groudon should be adamant; personally i use solar beam over solar blade to hit dondozo/waterceus harder

heres the revised team:
https://pokepast.es/45ef008e19f0d475
heres another revised team where i kept the mmx:
https://pokepast.es/be663e39eeb5c2ba

you seem to have some good ideas but there are also some structural issues with this team:
- a lot of your team is weak to ground - groudon, zacian, and dialga-o all fear headlong rush from mmy/zacc/pdon/etc. arceus-water can theoretically switch into these but fears electric/grass coverage which they often run. while mmx is a good mon in a vacuum you don't have an improof to it so i'd advise you to replace it with something bulky like xerneas:

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin
- Spiky Shield
although it doesnt resist ground either, it can swap into most of these mons' attacks and burn them. this also solves your issue of not having hazard control.

- you have no setup control; if the opponent gets a qd or vd or shift gear up you're usually dead. while knock off usually has good utility to remove cloaks it's not too necessary since you have koff pdon so we're going to revise the waterceus set:

:ss/arceus-water:
Arceus-Water @ Covert Cloak
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dragon
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Topsy-Turvy
- Heal Order
- Teleport
bold nature boosts def instead of lowering it, plus the speed is pretty unnecessary anyway. topsy-turvy is a good way to negate boosts - magic bounce rarely exists and it lets waterceus stall out things like ph regigigas out so that groudon can ohko it with vcreate for example. teleport was chosen over flip turn for a slower pivot that isn't blocked by desolate land.

- your special bulk is pretty lacking. while dialga-origin is a good mon, regenvest isn't enough to take hits from the likes of miraidon and protean mmy. we're going to opt for ice scales instead:

:sv/dialga-origin:
Dialga-Origin @ Ability Shield
Tera Type: Flying / Ghost / Normal
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Heal Order
ability shield lets it ignore moongeist beam from gengar, as well as dodge entrainment normalize. anchor shot traps imposter so it can't take advantage of your set, core enforcer threatens miraidon out while checking ph mons such as regigigas, and spectral thief adds additional setup control on the special side.

- your pdon lacks an improof. imposter can freely switch into groudon and spam knock off and solar blade before retreating to their resist and repeating the process. to stop this cycle we can revise zacian-crowned to be primordial sea:

Zacian-Crowned @ Covert Cloak / Fairium Z
Ability: Primordial Sea
Jolly Nature
- Magical Torque
- Fishious Rend
- Heal Order
- Ceaseless Edge
covert cloak prevents you from getting trapped by anchor, chipped by salt cure, or crippled by nuzzle, but since imposter is likely knocking it off anyway you can opt for something like fairium z to do massive damage to giratina or some neutral hit. zacc also improofs sceptile handily.

other minor changes:
- sceptile-mega should probably be timid, its one upside is being faster than mmy and modest doesnt do that (maybe miraidon would fit better here)
- groudon should be adamant; personally i use solar beam over solar blade to hit dondozo/waterceus harder

heres the revised team:
https://pokepast.es/45ef008e19f0d475
heres another revised team where i kept the mmx:
https://pokepast.es/be663e39eeb5c2ba
Yo thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I wanted to ask what items are underrated in this generation?

I think the most common items usually include old favorites like Choice items, Type Plates, Assault Vest, Leftovers, and Rocky Helmet.

Still, we have seen a surge of new items that are quickly becoming standard, or at least viable alternative options such as Covert Cloak, and Ability Shield.

With the prevalence of Knock Off being mitigated by signature held items like Red Orb Groudon, Judgment Plate Arceus, Toxic Orb Poison Healers, etc. what items are still viable without necessarily belonging to the standard items listed above?

On the flip side, have any items, such as Focus Sash, or Life Orb, fallen out of favor? What effect does this have on movepool options, and their corresponding abilities?

For example, has Ability Shield or Covert Cloak reduced the already niche viability of abilities like Comatose? A once useful ability to block status, and Normalize Entrainment, seems almost unheard of nowadays days.

Same goes for Sheer Force, as the Ruin abilities have taken precedence for offense, which may even explain why Life Orb’s drop in viability has been bigger than one would have predicted to happen last generation.

Oftentimes we focus on typing, abilities, and moves, but I think it’s time we highlight how much of a factor items play. Especially as they can sometimes be the most important part of a moveset.

One example of an underrated item I have tried is Throat Spray, paired with this generation‘s attack: Torch Song.

If paired with the Simple ability, it can cause +4 SpA as you land an attack. Allowing you to heavily boost your offense without having to decide between setting-up or attacking.

Throw in Tera into Fire for additional power, and it can leave a surprise dent.
Hmm well if you would say underrated it would prolly be smth like throat spray that you mentioned but tbh it can't hit too hard imo, because even after the +4 almost every team is prepared to deal with +6 mons quickly so it doesnt pose too much of a threat. However a good combination is prolly SFLO that isnt seen too much nowdays due to the presence of super fat walls with fur/scales. However SFLO mixed sets can be pretty threatening. a previously mentioned mmy SFLO set could do pretty well in the current meta if you decided to throw some widespread coverage. Another item that is pretty under used nowdays since most fat walls are forced to hold a-shields is covert cloak. Now everyone knows how op this thing is but how many times do you see it since the moldy tinted zacian started claiming popular fc walls.

Then theres beserk gene which i see on ladder below 1300, after that its usage drops as it can be used to claim fast games. However against a good bh team this won't do too well. Well it usually folds to the most common fc walls so its almost impossible to consider as an underrated item. However something that totally deserves that title is king's rock. Dtc's appeal to ban it was completely valid and understandable because i recently encountered it on coil-pixie-bomb zacian and trust me, it shredded the standard fc dozo

Didn't even give me the chance to spectral thief.

Only problem is helmets but i've seen those handled by magic guard pop bomb regigigas but the guy was also running a mixed gigas so i don't think he counts.

+1 252 Atk Pixilate Zacian-Crowned Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Dondozo: 220-270 (43.6 - 53.5%) -- approx. 10.9% chance to 2HKO along with a 65.1 chance to flinch the opponent (yes you dont just add together the 10%s from king's rock)

absolute insanity. So after some light chip you have a 65.1% chance to kill off their wall. Recently the only answer to this monstrosity has been stuff like imposter to take advantage of coil's defence buff so just use hone claws. However it is a double edged sword. I was thinking smth crazy like this

Zacian-Crowned @ King's Rock
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Population Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap
- Hone Claws/Coil

now i know i have recently been going around trying to steal everyone's zacian's def evs and ivs but hear me out.

+1 252 Atk Pixilate Tera Fairy Zacian-Crowned Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. +1 252 HP / 0- Def Zacian-Crowned: 290-350 (41.1 - 49.7%) -- approx. 3HKO

i simulated chansey's hp and used +1 def to simulate the eviolite boost that it gets. but anyways its pretty easy to improof since they have no king's rock

prolly use steelix-mega to improof it. its also the only thing that can efficiently wall it if it doesn't get constantly flinched.

Not just pixie but mons like gigas can run serene grace to have the effect chance doubled. So then as long as they all hit you have a 89.3% chance to flinch the opponent (you double the king's rock chance and then do the maths since you can't just double the 65.1 from before). Very very high chance that is. even if you're doing 20 per 10 hits its good. King's rock serves as a wallbreaking set but isnt too common because of the helmet weakness created by bomb. I am honestly surprised i dont see it much though because a lot of stall teams just ignore imposters and thing a single fc wall is enough until the balanced puppy walks in and kills them since they no longer have covert cloak. so if this set is popularized then fc walls will have to choose between covert cloak or a-shield and they'll have to do it fast because the doggo is gonna start hitting like a truck.

As for the improof:

:sv/Steelix-mega:

Steelix-Mega @ Clear Amulet
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Nuzzle

I'm sure it would be extremely tempting to click sap as the imposter because they won't take too much damage from the move used by the opponent. This is also a switchin for a lot of opponents who just kept strength sap on physdef walls to stop them for trying to heal off you since clear amulet blocks the stat drop so i hope it'll work the same as with pshot and just block the healing. This is a hard improof to it so you can just give zacian his defence ivs back if you want
you're solid as long as they dont have a king's rock imposter but both of those aren't real so yeah...

Then theres also the item clear amulet, pretty good since parting shot is quite splashable in this meta, the amulet is really cool because I think it also blocks strength sap. It would prolly shine in regular bh to deny recovery but it's pretty fun on setup too.

:sv/arceus-dark:

Arceus-Dark @ Clear Amulet
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Power Trip
- Imprison
- Haze

Saw my friend use this set on a screens HO. People just waste turns trying to spam pshot on it while imprison blocks prank haze. Tera normal deals with spectral thief while imprison also stops imps as they notice the amulet and try to switch in. If this thing has imprison enabled and safely gets 2 victory dances and still has tera left then its gg against almost any team. ofc takes time to set it up and can be done with yveltal

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Can someone review my team?
Idk if its good or not so pls help me
The team: https://pokepast.es/b118c9a26ed46640
First of all... I Love Your Team! I know improvements can be made, but let's focus first on your overall concepts, and the pieces I feel you have correct:

I like where you are covering your Improof, and your core defenses. Gengar-Mega is resisted and walled by Ting-Lu, and Imposter is universally good as a fill-in on a team.

My focus for you, would be to maximize what you already have.

I provide a full overview, so you can understand the concepts of the changes.
For example:

Gengar-Mega @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow / Volt Switch
- Astral Barrage / Moongeist Beam
- Rising Voltage
- Sludge Bomb

Gengar-Mega does more damage off Astral Barrage without an ability, than Shadow Ball does with Sheer Force.
While Beads of Ruin works fine since it doesn't rely on a temporary terrain, I feel that Hadron Engine is a better ability since you plan on using an Electric-type move anyways, as it seems Ting-Lu is meant to handle any move Gengar-Mega packs.
So let's replace Thunderbolt with Rising Voltage.

Sludge Wave was okay, but without Sheer Force, we can opt for a higher 30% chance to Poison via Sludge Bomb.

Nasty Plot needs to be replaced by Tail Glow, since it gives +3 SpA, and not +2.

Alternatively, if you feel Gengar-Mega is too frail to set-up Tail Glow, you can opt for Volt Switch, since it allows you to pivot against a foe like Gyarados-Mega, or Yveltal, and deal heavy damage.

Lastly, since we are no longer using Sheer Force, I think another option could be Choice Specs. The less time Gengar-M has to spend setting up, the less risk it poses getting KO'd.

Ting-Lu @ Ability Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Ceaseless Edge
- Heal Order

I feel that since Knock Off on a Pokemon with a key item risks Imposter removing it (Assault Vest), I would replace it with Ice Scales, plus Knock Off is pretty common. This way, you still can handle SpD hits, even if you lose the item.

I also decided that Heal Order can replace Knock Off, since it no longer has to switch-out to heal.

Since I placed Ability Shield on it, it can even handle Imposter's Moongeist Beam, which will help Improof Gengar-Mega even better! I see you are trying to block Strength Sap from triggering off of Ting-Lu's Atk, so you minimized it's Atk stat.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Relaxed Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Solar Beam
- Knock Off
- Heal Order

You didn't have any EVs / IVs, and I noticed that your Necrozma-Dusk Mane only had 3 moves, so I thought that Knock Off would make sense on this Pokemon as it wont depend on what it is holding for its moveset to be optimal.
Next, I saw that you do not have any heal moves, nor any set-up moves, while you had an offensive ability.

Then I considered that Groudon would make a pretty helpful ally bc it could use Knock Off, without risk of Imposter threatening its item, its ability is both Offensive and Defensive, since it cuts off Water offense, while Solar Beam can be used to become a mixed Attacker.

Bitter Blade serves as a nice way to heal, without reliance on Heal Order. Tera Ghost allows it to escape being trapped, as well as removing its weakness to Headlong Rush's Ground-typing.

Arceus-Water @ Covert Cloak / Rocky Helmet / Ability Shield
Tera Type: Flying
Impish Nature
- Flip Turn
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Mortal Spin

Iron Valliant seemed limited in its ability to threaten Pokemon, and I saw that Gengar-Mega and Groudon both have a weakness to Ground-type moves.

I so thought it would be time to add Arceus-Water, since it can provide hazard removal support, steal set-up boosts, and easily pivot. Covert Cloak is to Improof since it can Poison the Imposter.

Rocky Helmet helps vs Population Bomb and in general against its switch-ins, while Ability Shield resolves Sunsteel / Photon sweepers.

Giratina @ Covert Cloak / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Core Enforcer
- Heal Order
- Parting Shot

Your set lacks any healing move, so I replaced Knock Off with Heal Order. Topsy-Turvey really backfires on a Magic Bouncer / Good As Gold user, plus Dark-types are immune to Prankster moves, so I removed it in favor of Haze.

The goal is survival, and pivoting. Core handles PHeal Regigigas, and doesn't challenge Nuzzle with an unwanted Status affliction (i.e. Burning a Pokemon you wanted to Paralyze, such as a SpA sweeper).

Leftovers is an option as well.

I changed it's Tera into Steel, since it can Improof Arceus-Water to block Mortal Spin, and Steel is a nice Defensive type.

Lastly, I changed Imposter's moveset:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Heal Order
- Court Change
- Aromatherapy

If you cannot Imposter into a foe, Whirlwind is key to force them out, Court Change works well as a last resort, and Aromatherapy is a good cleanse. Heal Order is necessary.

I wanted to note you had 2 Z-Crystals on your team, you can only use 1-ever, per game, so its not typically worth having more than 1, since if you use it on one, it invalidates another.
Please try it out, Then tell me what you think.

My goal is to keep the crux of your team: Gengar-Mega, TIng-Lu, Imposter, Giratina, with some tweaks, while completely replacing only 2 Pokemon, so the point of your team isn't changed, only optimized.

https://pokepast.es/63bf9741c391d942

Last edited:
some stuff:

-valian isn't too good, there's many better fairy attackers and even if it was magic guard with no LO and no moves that abuse it bar from LoR isn't goof either.

-you don't need two mons for setup counterplay, one of either prank or imposter should be good enough as long as you slap in spectral or tt on some fatmon of yours.

-that mgar set is suboptimal, specs beads is just better with higher damage output and ability to boost every single special move.

-dusk mane offensively is just outclassed by stuff like zacc and kart because it's very slow.

https://pokepast.es/6cbdb4d2832c1f05 here's a team i made for you in a moment, scales groundy improofs itself, xern (though chans itself is a better improof) and mgar. chose primsea for the zacc set but you can also try something else if you feel like it.

Seems i'm a bit late but here we go

Ok so first mehcanics. You cannot have two z-moves on your team, if you're gonna be using dusk mane you are gonna need a third move in the slot

Now the sets

Ting lu - a regen mon can have ceasless edge and k-off but i think you should keep spectral thief. It's a good set, prolly the best one in your team

Iron valiant - This mon is weak as shit, just use mmy if you want magic guard that bad, its not as if iron valiant has anything good going for it's moveset and is also not at all improofed, fairium-z is actually pretty random on valiant and isn't worth using as the z-move. Z-moves have potential, if you're that bent on using one use a different one. just get a mixed mmy or mmx over this thing

Giratina - topsy turvy = bad because dark types ignore it. Just get haze, topsy turvy is nothing cool or whatever. Why scald? get infernal parade if you actually wanna hit a mon and where tf is this thing's healing move. The necessities on any prankster mon are haze and heal order. The rest is up to you, but scald < infernal parade on that tina

Gengar - SFLO is nothing to scoff at but you do realise it's just better off running astral barrage over that weak ahh sf shadow ball. That was an aaa set that you used. If you rlly want mgar prolly use hadron mgar or replace it with that funny hadron LO xurk in one of the old sample teams, lose ice beam for smth like steam eruption to hit ground types or moongeist/photon geyser. That would do a lot better than the mgar you have there

Chansey - You can't go wrong with an imposter it's set is all good but heal order > shore up since more pp

Ndm - If you want unecro that bad get it in its base form as ultra necrozma instead of forcing it to be an ndm first. Where is it's fourth move? Photon and sunsteel provide like 0 coverage and u-turn does negative damage considering the set. At this point you should ask yourself why do i have metal lion (ndm) and not sword dog (zac-c). Zacharias (zac-c) Is faster, can run better sets and outclasses it like hell

Now i don't mean to be harsh but the team barely has any improofing and cannot play around too well, add in some more bulk to the team because ting lu will drop if you aren't careful enough. here's an updated version of the team where i replaced a bunch of stuff too (made in exactly 1:24 minutes new record for self) Replaced ndm with a base pheal arc fairy since your arc slot was open. everything should be improofed if you check out the calc

https://pokepast.es/02b807ef97f6233a

Seems i'm a bit late but here we go

Ok so first mehcanics. You cannot have two z-moves on your team, if you're gonna be using dusk mane you are gonna need a third move in the slot

Now the sets

Ting lu - a regen mon can have ceasless edge and k-off but i think you should keep spectral thief. It's a good set, prolly the best one in your team

Iron valiant - This mon is weak as shit, just use mmy if you want magic guard that bad, its not as if iron valiant has anything good going for it's moveset and is also not at all improofed, fairium-z is actually pretty random on valiant and isn't worth using as the z-move. Z-moves have potential, if you're that bent on using one use a different one. just get a mixed mmy or mmx over this thing

Giratina - topsy turvy = bad because dark types ignore it. Just get haze, topsy turvy is nothing cool or whatever. Why scald? get infernal parade if you actually wanna hit a mon and where tf is this thing's healing move. The necessities on any prankster mon are haze and heal order. The rest is up to you, but scald < infernal parade on that tina

Gengar - SFLO is nothing to scoff at but you do realise it's just better off running astral barrage over that weak ahh sf shadow ball. That was an aaa set that you used. If you rlly want mgar prolly use hadron mgar or replace it with that funny hadron LO xurk in one of the old sample teams, lose ice beam for smth like steam eruption to hit ground types or moongeist/photon geyser. That would do a lot better than the mgar you have there

Chansey - You can't go wrong with an imposter it's set is all good but heal order > shore up since more pp

Ndm - If you want unecro that bad get it in its base form as ultra necrozma instead of forcing it to be an ndm first. Where is it's fourth move? Photon and sunsteel provide like 0 coverage and u-turn does negative damage considering the set. At this point you should ask yourself why do i have metal lion (ndm) and not sword dog (zac-c). Zacharias (zac-c) Is faster, can run better sets and outclasses it like hell

Now i don't mean to be harsh but the team barely has any improofing and cannot play around too well, add in some more bulk to the team because ting lu will drop if you aren't careful enough. here's an updated version of the team where i replaced a bunch of stuff too (made in exactly 1:24 minutes new record for self) Replaced ndm with a base pheal arc fairy since your arc slot was open. everything should be improofed if you check out the calc

https://pokepast.es/02b807ef97f6233a
Yo thank you and the other guys for the help!

First of all... I Love Your Team! I know improvements can be made, but let's focus first on your overall concepts, and the pieces I feel you have correct:

I like where you are covering your Improof, and your core defenses. Gengar-Mega is resisted and walled by Ting-Lu, and Imposter is universally good as a fill-in on a team.

For example:

Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Sludge Bomb

Gengar-Mega does more damage off Astral Barrage without an ability, than Shadow Ball does with Sheer Force.
While Beads of Ruin works fine since it doesn't rely on a temporary terrain, I feel that Hadron Engine is a better ability since you plan on using an Electric-type move anyways, as it seems Ting-Lu is meant to handle any move Gengar-Mega packs.

Sludge Wave was okay, but without Sheer Force, we can opt for a higher 30% chance to Poison via Sludge Bomb.

Nasty Plot needs to be replaced by Tail Glow, since it gives +3 SpA, and not +2.

Alternatively, if you feel Gengar-Mega is too frail to set-up Tail Glow, you can opt for Volt Switch, since it allows you to pivot against a foe like Gyarados-Mega, or Yveltal, and deal heavy damage.

Lastly, since we are no longer using Sheer Force, I think another option could be Choice Specs. The less time Gengar-M has to spend setting up, the less risk it poses getting KO'd.

Ting-Lu @ Ability Shield
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Ceaseless Edge
- Heal Order

I feel that since Knock Off on a Pokemon with a key item risks Imposter removing it (Assault Vest), I would replace it with Ice Scales, plus Knock Off is pretty common. This way, you still can handle SpD hits, even if you lose the item.

I also decided that Heal Order can replace Knock Off, since it no longer has to switch-out to heal.

Since I placed Ability Shield on it, it can even handle Imposter's Moongeist Beam, which will help Improof Gengar-Mega even better! I see you are trying to block Strength Sap from triggering off of Ting-Lu's Atk, so you minimized it's Atk stat.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Solar Beam
- Knock Off
- Heal Order

You didn't have any EVs / IVs, and I noticed that your Necrozma-Dusk Mane only had 3 moves, so I thought that Knock Off would make sense on this Pokemon as it wont depend on what it is holding for its moveset to be optimal.
Next, I saw that you do not have any heal moves, nor any set-up moves, while you had an offensive ability.

Then I considered that Groudon would make a pretty helpful ally bc it could use Knock Off, without risk of Imposter threatening its item, its ability is both Offensive and Defensive, since it cuts off Water offense, while Solar Beam can be used to become a mixed Attacker.

Bitter Blade serves as a nice way to heal, without reliance on Heal Order. Tera Ghost allows it to escape being trapped, as well as removing its weakness to Headlong Rush's Ground-typing.

Impish Nature
- Flip Turn
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Mortal Spin

Iron Valliant seemed limited in its ability to threaten Pokemon, and I saw that Gengar-Mega and Groudon both have a weakness to Ground-type moves.

I so thought it would be time to add Arceus-Water, since it can provide hazard removal support, steal set-up boosts, and easily pivot. Covert Cloak is to Improof since it can Poison the Imposter.

Rocky Helmet helps vs Population Bomb and in general against its switch-ins, while Ability Shield resolves Sunsteel / Photon sweepers.

Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Core Enforcer
- Heal Order
- Parting Shot

Your set lacks any healing move, so I replaced Knock Off with Heal Order. Topsy-Turvey really backfires on a Magic Bouncer / Good As Gold user, plus Dark-types are immune to Prankster moves, so I removed it in favor of Haze.

The goal is survival, and pivoting. Core handles PHeal Regigigas, and doesn't challenge Nuzzle with an unwanted Status affliction (i.e. Burning a Pokemon you wanted to Paralyze, such as a SpA sweeper).

I changed it's Tera into Steel, since it can Improof Arceus-Water to block Mortal Spin, and Steel is a nice Defensive type.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Heal Order
- Court Change
- Aromatherapy

If you cannot Imposter into a foe, Whirlwind is key to force them out, Court Change works well as a last resort, and Aromatherapy is a good cleanse. Heal Order is necessary.

I wanted to note you had 2 Z-Crystals on your team, you can only use 1-ever, per game, so its not typically worth having more than 1, since if you use it on one, it invalidates another.

My goal is to keep the crux of your team: Gengar-Mega, TIng-Lu, Imposter, Giratina, with some tweaks, while completely replacing only 2 Pokemon, so the point of your team isn't changed, only optimized.

Im trying the team rn and seens pretty good!

So I'm gonna take two angles on the team. The first, running around the sets that you have (abilities, moves, etc.) and the second being keeping and making the most of the specific pokemon.

EDIT: Would appear I'm also quite late lmao.

I think Ting-Lu is fine, you could swap spectral for either Ceaseless or Koff, but With both prank gira and imp chansey, I think you're safe.

Iron Valiant is the first one where I see some issue. As a magic guard mon, Valiant is outclassed by mmy, even in its fairy coverage. Using your regenvest Ting-Lu as an example:

252 SpA Iron Valiant Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 240-284 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 299-354 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The fighting stab is better for iron valiant, but mmy is able to 2hko most fighting weaknesses with High Jump kick anyways

252 Atk Life Orb Iron Valiant High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu: 374-445 (72.7 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu: 278-328 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additionally, Mmy holds a much better speed tier, outspeeding speed nature arceus, Mega Gengar, Mmx and the admittedly rare neutralnature Zac-C.
As a result, I'd modify the set to use Mmy

:sv/mewtwo-mega-y:

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Level: 100
Hasty Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
- High Jump Kick
- Light of Ruin
- Chloroblast
- Steel Beam/Strength Sap/Headlong Rush

Magic guard gives you immunity to the Life Orb recoil, so I'd use it over a z-crystal.
High Jump Kick has a bit more oomph than close combat, and due to magic guard, you take no damage from crashing, thus removing the drawback, while you would still have to deal with the defensive drops from close combat. Even without stab, it's agood move to hit Dia-O and specially defensive dark types. Light of Ruin and Chloroblast are your bread and butter, hitting most of the metagame for at least neutral. Strength Sap is for longevity, as you will find yourself nettled by the moves of defensive mons that you don't ohko, Steel Beam hits pure fairies such as Fairyceus, Xerneas and the rare Mega Audino, and Headlong Rush hits fire types, which would otherwise deal with the set fairly well.

Alternatively, we can have the mmy replace the SFLO Mgar set, since it also does very well in this role

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spa / 252 spd / 252 spe
- Combat Torque
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast/Psychic

The big benefit of MMY in this set over Mgar, is that it's not walled by ice scales walls by virtue of having a physical move that can come off of a 150 base attack

If you want to stick to the mgar in this set, I'd simply swap Nasty Plot to Tail Glow, for the bigger SpA boost

For Giratina, I see two issues:
The first is a lack of healing. This Gira is easily pressured by chip damage, and then it stops being able to do its job. I'd swap Koff to Heal Order or Strength Sap to fix its lack of healing issue. Then I'd switch Scald to Infernal Parade. Infernal Parade is a base 60 power ghost move with a 30% chance to burn, which after STAB does more than Scald, but if it does get that burn, its power doubles to 120, making it far stronger.
I also prefer Prankster Haze, since topsy turvy can be stopped by dark types, good as gold or substitute, while haze can't be stopped.

I'm going on the assumption that Necrozma is meant to be a physical wallbreaker that can ignore abilities withits movepool. With that in mind, I'm going to recommend the Zacian Set that is currently terrorizing ladder.

:sv/Zacian-Crowned:

Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Gigaton Hammer
- U-turn
- Knock Off

With these sets in mind, I will note you've got a lot of defensive issues. If you lose momentum you are definitely going to struggle. However if you're able to maintain it, you should be able to bowl over your opponents. It's very offensive.

https://pokepast.es/c2723847dd9afe08

Again, Giratina changes just to moveset, Chansey just changing shore up to heal order these two are fine

Now we've got Ndm, Iron Valiant and Mgar to work with

Mgar has a lot of potential as a special wallbreaker, since ghost stab is so valuable, here's a few possible sets

:sv/Gengar-Mega:

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Baneful Bunker
- Tail Glow
- Secret Sword

Ability: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Tail Glow

These two sets focus on buying space to set up while being fully self improofed. Spooky plate judgement means that most imposters will no be able to hit gengar, turning an imp switchin into free setup.

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin/Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Astral Barrage
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

This set on the other hand just focuses on blasting through anything slower than it. Ting improofs BoR, Chansey improofs tinted

Necrozma's best set is a regenvest set, and while you could keep the regenvest ting and pivot back and forth between them, but I'd suggest regenvesting necro and swapping Ting-lu to a poison heal mon.

:sv/Ting-Lu:

Ting-Lu @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Rapid Spin
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off

:sv/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief

This leaves Iron Valiant, now this team is currently lacking a physical attacker, and gengar is a good enough special attacker, so now we can use Valiant to deal with Scales Walls, and hitting harder on the physical side

:sv/Iron-Valiant:

Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Magical Torque
- Victory Dance
- Combat Torque
- Bolt Strike

https://pokepast.es/361938d1a2244af1

So I'm gonna take two angles on the team. The first, running around the sets that you have (abilities, moves, etc.) and the second being keeping and making the most of the specific pokemon.

EDIT: Would appear I'm also quite late lmao.

I think Ting-Lu is fine, you could swap spectral for either Ceaseless or Koff, but With both prank gira and imp chansey, I think you're safe.

Iron Valiant is the first one where I see some issue. As a magic guard mon, Valiant is outclassed by mmy, even in its fairy coverage. Using your regenvest Ting-Lu as an example:

252 SpA Iron Valiant Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 240-284 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Ting-Lu: 299-354 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The fighting stab is better for iron valiant, but mmy is able to 2hko most fighting weaknesses with High Jump kick anyways

252 Atk Life Orb Iron Valiant High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu: 374-445 (72.7 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ting-Lu: 278-328 (54 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additionally, Mmy holds a much better speed tier, outspeeding speed nature arceus, Mega Gengar, Mmx and the admittedly rare neutralnature Zac-C.
As a result, I'd modify the set to use Mmy

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
- High Jump Kick
- Light of Ruin
- Chloroblast
- Steel Beam/Strength Sap/Headlong Rush

Magic guard gives you immunity to the Life Orb recoil, so I'd use it over a z-crystal.
High Jump Kick has a bit more oomph than close combat, and due to magic guard, you take no damage from crashing, thus removing the drawback, while you would still have to deal with the defensive drops from close combat. Even without stab, it's agood move to hit Dia-O and specially defensive dark types. Light of Ruin and Chloroblast are your bread and butter, hitting most of the metagame for at least neutral. Strength Sap is for longevity, as you will find yourself nettled by the moves of defensive mons that you don't ohko, Steel Beam hits pure fairies such as Fairyceus, Xerneas and the rare Mega Audino, and Headlong Rush hits fire types, which would otherwise deal with the set fairly well.

Alternatively, we can have the mmy replace the SFLO Mgar set, since it also does very well in this role

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spa / 252 spd / 252 spe
- Combat Torque
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast/Psychic

The big benefit of MMY in this set over Mgar, is that it's not walled by ice scales walls by virtue of having a physical move that can come off of a 150 base attack

If you want to stick to the mgar in this set, I'd simply swap Nasty Plot to Tail Glow, for the bigger SpA boost

For Giratina, I see two issues:
The first is a lack of healing. This Gira is easily pressured by chip damage, and then it stops being able to do its job. I'd swap Koff to Heal Order or Strength Sap to fix its lack of healing issue. Then I'd switch Scald to Infernal Parade. Infernal Parade is a base 60 power ghost move with a 30% chance to burn, which after STAB does more than Scald, but if it does get that burn, its power doubles to 120, making it far stronger.
I also prefer Prankster Haze, since topsy turvy can be stopped by dark types, good as gold or substitute, while haze can't be stopped.

I'm going on the assumption that Necrozma is meant to be a physical wallbreaker that can ignore abilities withits movepool. With that in mind, I'm going to recommend the Zacian Set that is currently terrorizing ladder.

:sv/Zacian-Crowned:

Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Gigaton Hammer
- U-turn
- Knock Off

With these sets in mind, I will note you've got a lot of defensive issues. If you lose momentum you are definitely going to struggle. However if you're able to maintain it, you should be able to bowl over your opponents. It's very offensive.

https://pokepast.es/c2723847dd9afe08

Again, Giratina changes just to moveset, Chansey just changing shore up to heal order these two are fine

Now we've got Ndm, Iron Valiant and Mgar to work with

Mgar has a lot of potential as a special wallbreaker, since ghost stab is so valuable, here's a few possible sets

:sv/Gengar-Mega:

Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Baneful Bunker
- Tail Glow
- Secret Sword

Ability: Normalize
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Tail Glow

These two sets focus on buying space to set up while being fully self improofed. Spooky plate judgement means that most imposters will no be able to hit gengar, turning an imp switchin into free setup.

Gengar-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin/Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Astral Barrage
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

This set on the other hand just focuses on blasting through anything slower than it. Ting improofs BoR, Chansey improofs tinted

Necrozma's best set is a regenvest set, and while you could keep the regenvest ting and pivot back and forth between them, but I'd suggest regenvesting necro and swapping Ting-lu to a poison heal mon.

:sv/Ting-Lu:

Ting-Lu @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Rapid Spin
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off

:sv/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief

This leaves Iron Valiant, now this team is currently lacking a physical attacker, and gengar is a good enough special attacker, so now we can use Valiant to deal with Scales Walls, and hitting harder on the physical side

:sv/Iron-Valiant:

Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Magical Torque
- Victory Dance
- Combat Torque
- Bolt Strike

https://pokepast.es/361938d1a2244af1
A bit late but thanks!

For example:

Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Sludge Bomb

Ting-Lu @ Ability Shield
Sassy Nature
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Ceaseless Edge
- Heal Order

Groudon @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Solar Beam
- Knock Off
- Heal Order

Impish Nature
- Flip Turn
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Mortal Spin

Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Core Enforcer
- Heal Order
- Parting Shot

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Heal Order
- Court Change
- Aromatherapy

I've been trying this team and so far so good, but i will play more games to confirm it, also thanks again for making this team;)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I've been trying this team and so far so good, but i will play more games to confirm it, also thanks again for making this team;)
Of course! I appreciate being able to help out any player, and I am glad my team is proving itself in your battles!

I have to credit you too, bc the concepts were originally yours, I only edited it to enhance it, you deserve credit for having a strong foundation!

When we can actively improve eachother's teams, it unites the community and encourages discussion.

Hopefully the next Sample Teams will be announced, bc I see some promising teams recently mentioned, since the Zygarde-Complete ban where I submitted my own team update, and encouraged others, who soon followed suit!

Also! Here is a link to a recent battle I had, after using the Team! It beat someone in the 1520's on the Ladder.

I don't know who Farts McFarty is, but they ended up forfeiting bc they just couldn't deal!

At that point, I had already defeated multiple Pokemon, and I think the team's defensive value outlasted their ability to go on the offense!

Also, they used the Terablast Normalize sets using Terablast, that I popularized on the 4th page of this thread! So enthusiastic to see my sets becoming more and more people's go to!

For augustakira you should update Choice Band set to include: Tera Blast.

A lot of people don’t know what that move does, so I pasted the description from Bulba, since it matches the users type after Tera, but is always Normal-type before Tera. And then, it is ONLY Physical after Tera + Higher Atk stat, but is special before. So if you decide to have a Ghost Tera on a Choice Band set for Improofing, or for having coverage thru Tera Blast, it is an option.

“Tera Blast deals damage. If the user's Attack stat is higher than its Special Attack stat, Tera Blast becomes a physical move when Terastallized; otherwise, it remains a special move. For determining which stat is higher, stat stage-modifiers are taken into account, but other effects (e.g. held items such as a Choice Band, Abilities such as Huge Power, etc.) are not.

If the user has Terastallized, Tera Blast's type becomes the same as their Tera Type, and the move has a different animation depending on the move's type. Tera Blast is always considered Normal-type for the purpose of Gale Wings.”

This way, the Normalize Choice Band set has an option for Ghost coverage, especially with STAB after Tera Ghost. ;)

Tera into Normal is okay, but you may as well at least consider it as an option.
Also, credit to Cta I wanted to point out how thought out and helpful you have been! Tinted Lens Zacian-C is basically standard at this point, in no small part thanks to your set submission! Wow!
Hmm well if you would say underrated it would prolly be smth like throat spray that you mentioned but tbh it can't hit too hard imo, because even after the +4 almost every team is prepared to deal with +6 mons quickly so it doesnt pose too much of a threat. However a good combination is prolly SFLO that isnt seen too much nowdays due to the presence of super fat walls with fur/scales. However SFLO mixed sets can be pretty threatening. a previously mentioned mmy SFLO set could do pretty well in the current meta if you decided to throw some widespread coverage. Another item that is pretty under used nowdays since most fat walls are forced to hold a-shields is covert cloak. Now everyone knows how op this thing is but how many times do you see it since the moldy tinted zacian started claiming popular fc walls.

Then theres beserk gene which i see on ladder below 1300, after that its usage drops as it can be used to claim fast games. However against a good bh team this won't do too well. Well it usually folds to the most common fc walls so its almost impossible to consider as an underrated item. However something that totally deserves that title is king's rock. Dtc's appeal to ban it was completely valid and understandable because i recently encountered it on coil-pixie-bomb zacian and trust me, it shredded the standard fc dozo

Didn't even give me the chance to spectral thief.

Only problem is helmets but i've seen those handled by magic guard pop bomb regigigas but the guy was also running a mixed gigas so i don't think he counts.

+1 252 Atk Pixilate Zacian-Crowned Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Dondozo: 220-270 (43.6 - 53.5%) -- approx. 10.9% chance to 2HKO along with a 65.1 chance to flinch the opponent (yes you dont just add together the 10%s from king's rock)

absolute insanity. So after some light chip you have a 65.1% chance to kill off their wall. Recently the only answer to this monstrosity has been stuff like imposter to take advantage of coil's defence buff so just use hone claws. However it is a double edged sword. I was thinking smth crazy like this

Zacian-Crowned @ King's Rock
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Population Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap
- Hone Claws/Coil

now i know i have recently been going around trying to steal everyone's zacian's def evs and ivs but hear me out.

+1 252 Atk Pixilate Tera Fairy Zacian-Crowned Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. +1 252 HP / 0- Def Zacian-Crowned: 290-350 (41.1 - 49.7%) -- approx. 3HKO

i simulated chansey's hp and used +1 def to simulate the eviolite boost that it gets. but anyways its pretty easy to improof since they have no king's rock

prolly use steelix-mega to improof it. its also the only thing that can efficiently wall it if it doesn't get constantly flinched.

Not just pixie but mons like gigas can run serene grace to have the effect chance doubled. So then as long as they all hit you have a 89.3% chance to flinch the opponent (you double the king's rock chance and then do the maths since you can't just double the 65.1 from before). Very very high chance that is. even if you're doing 20 per 10 hits its good. King's rock serves as a wallbreaking set but isnt too common because of the helmet weakness created by bomb. I am honestly surprised i dont see it much though because a lot of stall teams just ignore imposters and thing a single fc wall is enough until the balanced puppy walks in and kills them since they no longer have covert cloak. so if this set is popularized then fc walls will have to choose between covert cloak or a-shield and they'll have to do it fast because the doggo is gonna start hitting like a truck.

As for the improof:

:sv/Steelix-mega:

Steelix-Mega @ Clear Amulet
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Nuzzle

I'm sure it would be extremely tempting to click sap as the imposter because they won't take too much damage from the move used by the opponent. This is also a switchin for a lot of opponents who just kept strength sap on physdef walls to stop them for trying to heal off you since clear amulet blocks the stat drop so i hope it'll work the same as with pshot and just block the healing. This is a hard improof to it so you can just give zacian his defence ivs back if you want
you're solid as long as they dont have a king's rock imposter but both of those aren't real so yeah...

Then theres also the item clear amulet, pretty good since parting shot is quite splashable in this meta, the amulet is really cool because I think it also blocks strength sap. It would prolly shine in regular bh to deny recovery but it's pretty fun on setup too.

:sv/arceus-dark:

Arceus-Dark @ Clear Amulet
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Power Trip
- Imprison
- Haze

Saw my friend use this set on a screens HO. People just waste turns trying to spam pshot on it while imprison blocks prank haze. Tera normal deals with spectral thief while imprison also stops imps as they notice the amulet and try to switch in. If this thing has imprison enabled and safely gets 2 victory dances and still has tera left then its gg against almost any team. ofc takes time to set it up and can be done with yveltal
I wanted to also acknowledge your response to my Item topic- discussion generator!

Thank you for your thought out post, not only did you properly provide context for your points, but you also highlighted key movesets, like King's Rock Population Bomb Zacian-C!

It's important for seasoned players to remember, that while we are familiar with "standard" moves and Pokemon, new people come across this thread, so if a recent post points out a good set, even if we know it, it will be "new" for them. So I am glad you brought it up!

DTC had a great point in suspecting King's Rock, I agree. I like how some of his posts are actually very insightful on the metagame, and I think there was a valid reasoning in there!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)