My First Warstory (Cliche Title for a story with a twist!)

My favorite warstory ever. I love, love, love seeing a gaywad team beaten by a non-gaywad team. And it also goes to show that records don't mean a damn thing with people like this guy around who simply disconnect before every loss.

He doesn't even have to d/c >_>

If he just turned off his game after leaving the lobby it wouldn't save the loss iirc.

Anyway, I don't think I've said congrats on the win yet. That was a great battle, and butterfree and charizard made it all the better.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to make one thing clear: I don't mind OU teams. I really don't see the hate for OU teams. You should put together a team that wins. In most cases, OU Pokemon are the way to do that. However, a bunch of OUs thrown together isn't going to win without synergy. A bunch of OUs thrown together WITH thought put behind them is a good way to go. That said, people should still look beyond OU to see what other Pokemon could do. Some UU Pokemon can do a certain job better than any OU and should be considered if that job is useful to your team.

Also, this wasn't my first win against an OU team or anything. OU teams, because they're so overused, are not too hard to predict. Especially if you lead with Butterfree and already make them predict you as if you're new. It's the UU teams that completely throw me off XD I remember a Clefable running through half my team before I knew what to do. My record is like 93-56 or something. Dunno the real record due to disconnectors and me not knowing for a REALLY long time that you're supposed to save once you get back to the Pokecentre XD

Should I post our GAF match?
XD I meant Ice Shard, it was a typo. But yeah, what you did works too. I've never seen it online, but I've played it in Battle Tower and knew what it's ability. I was just going "oh crap..." as soon as it came in. Damn good counter to any Bellyzard.

Curious as to what Butterfree does exactly, as all I saw it do was Sleep Powder and Sunny Day.

I'm not exactly sure what the hell ET was trying to do either, he just seemed to switch around his Pokemon and not really do anything. Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you pull back a Skarmory against Butterfree? Why not switch to Hippo after a Belly Drum to at least kill off the Sunny Day, instead of making both Blissey and Skarmory take sacs?
I'm going to be posting an RMT later today to get advice on my Umbreon, Dragonite, and maybe Milotic. You can see its moveset then >.>; But what Yoshi King said is what it's for. Support.

As to what he was doing, I believe he didn't switch to Hippowdon right away because I could 2HKO it without fail, but a OHKO was not guaranteed. So he sacrficed Skarmory (one of his THREE defensive walls and the one that would be 100% OHKOed by Charizard) to get Hippowdon in safely. As for switching out Skarmory... He probably expected a sleep and wanted to absorb it with Cresselia.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am I the only person to still manage to beat your bellyzard after he sets up?
Nah, Shadow Sneaks, Sucker Punches and stab'd Ice Shards are a bitch >.>; And Xisiqomelir for example got rid of it yesterday using an interesting Pokemon. Sand can also get to it eventually. Rhyperior and Tyranitar also don't die in one hit.

So it's not impossible, but usually people take heavy damage before they figure out what to do!

That was lame of him to D/C like that.

Anywho, love the Butterfree/Bellyzard combo you used there. That was a massive sweep you had going.

I want to make one thing clear: I don't mind OU teams. I really don't see the hate for OU teams. You should put together a team that wins. In most cases, OU Pokemon are the way to do that. However, a bunch of OUs thrown together isn't going to win without synergy. A bunch of OUs thrown together WITH thought put behind them is a good way to go. That said, people should still look beyond OU to see what other Pokemon could do. Some UU Pokemon can do a certain job better than any OU and should be considered if that job is useful to your team.

So does that mean I can use Rotom and Porygon2 on my team effectively? I would like to use them in some OU way, as they both are my favorite pokemon.......................................................

EDIT: 70 Base Speed for Butterfree kinda sucks though, but if your up against a slow lead Butterfree already has the advantage

EDIT: 70 Base Speed for Butterfree kinda sucks though, but if your up against a slow lead Butterfree already has the advantage
So does, say, Smeargle, who pretty much completely puts Butterfree to shame.

Firestorm

So does that mean I can use Rotom and Porygon2 on my team effectively? I would like to use them in some OU way, as they both are my favorite pokemon.......................................................

Tricky seems to be using Porygon2 with a bit of success. No idea what Rotom can do. Look at Serebii's Pokedex entry and Smogon's analysis (dunno if they have one up yet) and look at what they can do. See if their strengths play to your team's needs.

Butterfree has Focus Sash. I'm not crazy enough to lead with a 70 Base Pokemon without sash or scarf. >.>

So does, say, Smeargle, who pretty much completely puts Butterfree to shame.
It took me about a minute to figure out what I could say to this XD But Smeargle would do far less damage to Tyranitar, Cresseila, etc. with U-Turn. Which would mean that this battle (and some others) would not have been won ;) Although Spore would have been useful for those couple of times 97% Sleep Powder missed.

Congratulations lol. Probably the most entertaining of DP warstories thus far.

Fire Punch going physical was wonderful news for Sub/Drum Zard.

Question: Why Butterfree over Yanma? The 5% more base acc on Sleep Powder over Hypnosis?

Question: Why Butterfree over Yanma? The 5% more base acc on Sleep Powder over Hypnosis?
He probably just wanted to use Butterfree just for the heck of it (otherwise he would just use Gengar, Breloom, or Crobat for sleep). :)

Firestorm

It's a favourites team.

Big Bayou, Butterfree has Compound eyes which Firestorm uses to make his Powders (sleep/stun) have a 97% accuracy, almost Spore level.

And to you Firestorm: Darn you. I had just finished a team without Charizard, and now you draw me back into my favorite Poke. Now I have to completely rework a team for him that doesn't copy yours ;p

Big Bayou, Butterfree has Compound eyes which Firestorm uses to make his Powders (sleep/stun) have a 97% accuracy, almost Spore level.

And to you Firestorm: Darn you. I had just finished a team without Charizard, and now you draw me back into my favorite Poke. Now I have to completely rework a team for him that doesn't copy yours ;p
Yanma has Compound Eyes, but it changes to Tinted Lens when it evolves.

Best warstory I've read here yet, if only because I'm very fond of your team, especially (As seems the case with everyone else too) your Butterfree. Wish I could've seen Raichu in action too, but regardless, hope to see more battles from you!

Wow he's so lame, I've seen his trading topics(rofl @ all 31 IV'd pokes) and DCing on you like that because he got owned by a couple UUs? Nice ownage there

Great story. Props for pulling off that with Charizard and Butterfree. Respect++ for that and also for owning ET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)