Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Was it in the Distortion World? Each time the Disortion World loads it advances the frame. I don't remember the exact amount off hand.
Yes it was in distortion world... he advanced 4 frames so it should have only been frame 5 when he battled him. Could it have advanced him 22 frames just by being there?

Well, going by what Beldum's delay is, and considering how the SID is generated, I would think the frame delay is 1, as in 0.016 seconds.
thanks:) and do you know, given the wrong SID I hit, how can I check how far I was from my target SID/frame? It should be some function in RNG researcher, but I have no idea about how it works/:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
thanks:) and do you know, given the wrong SID I hit, how can I check how far I was from my target SID/frame? It should be some function in RNG researcher, but I have no idea about how it works/:
Well, off the top of my head, take your current seed (from a savestate, I presume), paste that into the Researcher, set it to LCRNG, and generate as many frames as you want.
The High16 (bits) as a decimal number should be the SID you get, if I'm not mistaken. I think it gives you hex by default, but I thought I saw a way to convert it a few posts up, 2 pages at most. So just find what you hit and look for your target around there.

So on Pokemon Emerald, for wild Pokemon. How often does Method 2 get replaced by Method 4? I'm having the most annoying occurrence of landing on Method 4 whenever I'm aiming for a Method 2 wild encounter. So is this just bad luck or should I prepare for a switch every time?

Well, off the top of my head, take your current seed (from a savestate, I presume), paste that into the Researcher, set it to LCRNG, and generate as many frames as you want.
The High16 (bits) as a decimal number should be the SID you get, if I'm not mistaken. I think it gives you hex by default, but I thought I saw a way to convert it a few posts up, 2 pages at most. So just find what you hit and look for your target around there.

wait a moment, how can I know what is the current seed (so the precise seed I hit, the one that determines the SID) if they simply change on every frame advance? or do you mean the initial seed??

nevermind, I found it :D

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
So on Pokemon Emerald, for wild Pokemon. How often does Method 2 get replaced by Method 4? I'm having the most annoying occurrence of landing on Method 4 whenever I'm aiming for a Method 2 wild encounter. So is this just bad luck or should I prepare for a switch every time?
You sure you're not hitting H-2? Some say Emerald is H-2 for wild encounters, though me and my friends have always had plain Method 2.
As for the actual question, I hit Method 4 the most when trying to get my breeding Ditto, and it happened maybe 15% of the time.

You sure you're not hitting H-2? Some say Emerald is H-2 for wild encounters, though me and my friends have always had plain Method 2.
As for the actual question, I hit Method 4 the most when trying to get my breeding Ditto, and it happened maybe 15% of the time.
Yeah sorry I meant to say H-2 (in my head it's the same thing) lol I've never messed around with the plain Method 2 when I do wild encounters since I have to check the encounter slots and what not.

I actually managed to get it. It seems actually restarting from the beginning will change the outcome of the Method sometimes. Couldn't find another way around it besides that. It could be a drag when trying to hit really high frames. I guess it's all up to chance (not really) but nothing I can seem to control. It's kind of like the chances of landing on an Alternative rather than No Splits when doing Emerald Breeding.

Hi, i'm trying to rng wild pokemon on my emerald cartige, and i choose Feebas. I've found the right spot and i use my good rod to search Feebas.
The spread that I choose is:
Frame: 7916 - Frame Time: 2:11:93 - PID: 1DB9C2FC - Modest - Ability: 0 - 30/22/30/27/27/26 - HP Electric 70
I've hit the right frame and seconds of the method 2, but this method has the following ivs: 30 22 30 27 27 26 that is the right spread, however in the method 4 we have: 0 26 11 27 27 26 that has nothing to do with my spread, but I hit this, in method 4.
The second half of the two spreads are equal.
Then, http://eggmove.com/encounteremerald.htm there isn't feebas on good rod encounter slots! So where is feebas?

Last edited:
hey ,well its my 1st time rnging for pokemon in gen 3 ,pokemon emerald with a live battery
i got a r/e shiny while ev training but now looking to get more since i always sucked at getting more and now's the chance .

well ,i was ev training my regice in the new mauville when a shiny magnemite came up -
i caught it and haven't touched it yet:
lv:24
nature:bold
stats:53/22/47/56/36/29
0evs

ps:i know what rng reporter is,a lso the iv to pid tablet,but they just won't work out the pid or sid for me+the most useful sid tablet 1 from smogon is down
i know nothing on how this works,i tried the help from every site but i get to rng reporter,try to put in the ivs from serebii ,and nothing comes up,nothing is working..

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Hi, i'm trying to rng wild pokemon on my emerald cartige, and i choose Feebas. I've found the right spot and i use my good rod to search Feebas.
The spread that I choose is:
Frame: 7916 - Frame Time: 2:11:93 - PID: 1DB9C2FC - Modest - Ability: 0 - 30/22/30/27/27/26 - HP Electric 70
I've hit the right frame and seconds of the method 2, but this method has the following ivs: 30 22 30 27 27 26 that is the right spread, however in the method 4 we have: 0 26 11 27 27 26 that has nothing to do with my spread, but I hit this, in method 4.
The second half of the two spreads are equal.
Then, http://eggmove.com/encounteremerald.htm there isn't feebas on good rod encounter slots! So where is feebas?
I don't really get what your problem is. Did you hit Method 4? Try again.

hey ,well its my 1st time rnging for pokemon in gen 3 ,pokemon emerald with a live battery
i got a r/e shiny while ev training but now looking to get more since i always sucked at getting more and now's the chance .

well ,i was ev training my regice in the new mauville when a shiny magnemite came up -
i caught it and haven't touched it yet:
lv:24
nature:bold
stats:53/22/47/56/36/29
0evs

ps:i know what rng reporter is,a lso the iv to pid tablet,but they just won't work out the pid or sid for me+the most useful sid tablet 1 from smogon is down
i know nothing on how this works,i tried the help from every site but i get to rng reporter,try to put in the ivs from serebii ,and nothing comes up,nothing is working..
1) Find the Magnemite's IVs. You can use RNG Reporter or several sites, but I recommend going here. Note that you may have to use quite a few rare candies to get exact results, which are needed.
2) RNG Reporter > 4th Gen tools > IVs to PID. You should get less than 3 results (though sometimes Cute Charm spam appears), but you're only interested in the Method 2s and 4s.
3) If you have multiple valid ones, post again here. If not, then use the PID given to you to find your TID and SID as explained by the onsite guide.

awesome,okay well i did the 1st step ,got some iv's then did the lv 100 on on serebii's calculator to get the exact iv's :
30/15-16/20/24/21/12
going to the rng reporter now
btw thanks

okay,well i use the iv to pid calculator and 1 came up :D
i have the pid and sid ,seed now ,tried them in the table to be sure
and 1 frame came up with the exact same iv's of magnemite,fantastic
okay,now i have the frame going to the guide now

okay,now i'm stuck agai n.
i found my pid and ,seed and sid
but when i input the sid and the seed :frames comes up , but the 1st frame,with 1 second only has the matching pid ,what do i do next ?

I don't really get what your problem is. Did you hit Method 4? Try again
I hit now method 4 again with another spread! How I can get a method 2 spread for my Feebas? I get only method 4 spreads..

On 3rd generation time finder i get method 2 spreads, i hit these spreads but are ever method 4..

Last edited:
I'd like to RNG a swarming Pokemon in SoulSilver, but I don't know how to control which Pokemon is swarming. Since you have to change the day on your DS to RNG, will every day have a different Pokemon? Or will it keep the same Pokemon that was swarming before I changed the date, as long as the clock doesn't roll past midnight while I'm playing? I'm looking for a Ralts specifically.

Another question, have Chatot calls replaced Elm calls for verifying and advancing the seed? I haven't RNGed gen 4 in a few years, and back then we didn't have the Chatot method. When I started RNGing gen 5 they discovered Chatot calls, and now I see that the Chatot method has been added to Smogon's on-site RNG guide for gen 4. So does it work the same way as in gen 5?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I'd like to RNG a swarming Pokemon in SoulSilver, but I don't know how to control which Pokemon is swarming. Since you have to change the day on your DS to RNG, will every day have a different Pokemon? Or will it keep the same Pokemon that was swarming before I changed the date, as long as the clock doesn't roll past midnight while I'm playing? I'm looking for a Ralts specifically.

Another question, have Chatot calls replaced Elm calls for verifying and advancing the seed? I haven't RNGed gen 4 in a few years, and back then we didn't have the Chatot method. When I started RNGing gen 5 they discovered Chatot calls, and now I see that the Chatot method has been added to Smogon's on-site RNG guide for gen 4. So does it work the same way as in gen 5?
Here's the steps for changing the swarm (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/dpp_tips#time). I would c/p but I keep getting the picture as well. Once you get the one you want, go ahead and save. As long as the date doesn't roll over as you RNG it you should be fine and the swarm should stay the same.

Not as much "replaced" as it is another option. They both advance the frame by 1, so it's just personal preference. That's assuming, of course, you have all 3 Elm calls unlocked. But, yes, Chatot works the same as Gen V.

Edit: Sorry, that was kinda vague. I just meant that the Chatot method is another option if you have all 3 sayings for Elm unlocked. If you don't, then of the two, the Chatot method is really your only option.

Last edited:
Is there a way to find method 1 encounter slots?
It's not in the default analysis of method 1 for w/e reason, but is it possible in Researcher then?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is there a way to find method 1 encounter slots?
It's not in the default analysis of method 1 for w/e reason, but is it possible in Researcher then?
Is this HGSS right?
Then there's no need for Encounter Slots for Method 1, because wild mons aren't under that method.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
okay,now i'm stuck agai n.
i found my pid and ,seed and sid
but when i input the sid and the seed :frames comes up , but the 1st frame,with 1 second only has the matching pid ,what do i do next ?
Okay, so you have your SID? That was the only point to doing all of this. You can throw away your PID and seed now.

RNG Reporter > (Main window) > Method 1 for legendaries / Method 2 for wilds > Seed either blank or 0 > frames ~100000.
Optionally select Shiny Only, hit Generate. That should list all of your shiny spreads within the first ~30 mins of the game.

okay,well sid inserted
used method 1 for
max results of frames :100000
starting frame :1
seed :(blank)
now just to ask i have got results :
1st 1: has the time : 1:39.90
thats 1 minute and 39 seconds ,or 1 hour and 39 minutes ?
just to be safe thats why
now i saved infront a regice,now i reset from i remember wait for that time to pass by and i press a
ps:using the eon timer correct?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
okay,well sid inserted
used method 1 for
max results of frames :100000
starting frame :1
seed :(blank)
now just to ask i have got results :
1st 1: has the time : 1:39.90
thats 1 minute and 39 seconds ,or 1 hour and 39 minutes ?
just to be safe thats why
now i saved infront a regice,now i reset from i remember wait for that time to pass by and i press a
ps:using the eon timer correct?
1 minute, 39.9 seconds. Keep in mind that Regice has a delay, though; try to hit 1:38.00 and see how that goes.
You can use any timer you like; my personal favorite is the stopwatch on my Nokia phone. There's no trickery to it; start the timer when letting go of the first button for soft-resetting, stop the timer when you hit A.

You probably won't get it shiny on your first try, so catch it anyway and look at its stats. Find a rough estimation of its IVs, then match that to a frame near your shiny frame. Adjust your timing accordingly.

1 minute, 39.9 seconds. Keep in mind that Regice has a delay, though; try to hit 1:38.00 and see how that goes.
You can use any timer you like; my personal favorite is the stopwatch on my Nokia phone. There's no trickery to it; start the timer when letting go of the first button for soft-resetting, stop the timer when you hit A.

You probably won't get it shiny on your first try, so catch it anyway and look at its stats. Find a rough estimation of its IVs, then match that to a frame near your shiny frame. Adjust your timing accordingly.
its working for sure,been taking results from some regis and applying to the reporter and matching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)