Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've hit my target frame in front of Zekrom without issue with a Jolly synchronizer at the lead of my party, but I keep getting Lax nature. Is nature set 100% or am I just getting unlucky with my synchronize coin flips?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've hit my target frame in front of Zekrom without issue with a Jolly synchronizer at the lead of my party, but I keep getting Lax nature. Is nature set 100% or am I just getting unlucky with my synchronize coin flips?
First of all, this thread is for help for the 3rd and 4th generations, the 5th gen help thread is here.

Secondly, nature is set for specific frames. When you searched for seeds, did you remember to check what nature is on your specific frame?

First of all, this thread is for help for the 3rd and 4th generations, the 5th gen help thread is here.

Secondly, nature is set for specific frames. When you searched for seeds, did you remember to check what nature is on your specific frame?
I guess I didn't. :/ the RNG reporter looks a lot different than the last time I'd used it and the front page guide still says nature is a 50% crap shoot. I'll move further questions to the correct thread, tho. Thank you for your help!

Seed isnt reset if you dont reset the game, so yeah.
This essentially means that if the seed is at least as predictable as the ones of frlg, sidrng on retail carts might be possible.
looking your discussions about emerald, I found your fantastic result, so I wanted to ask some questions:
1)what's the address to show my seed for japanese emerald?
2) first of all, once I have my pid, let's say: 6973c6b1, how do I behave towards my ideal target TID? I read that the TID is determined at the moment you confirm your in-game-name to prof. birch, so what I have to do to get a correct TID? do I have to savestate, accept the random one, see if there's a matching SID for the shiny, and then manipulate that one? How can I see the TID i've obtained?
3) the most stupid question: what's the relation between my target pid and tid/sid? are there multiple couples of tid/sid that ensure that particular pid to be shiny?

sorry if I am a bit confused :/

looking your discussions about emerald, I found your fantastic result, so I wanted to ask some questions:
1)what's the address to show my seed for japanese emerald?
2) first of all, once I have my pid, let's say: 6973c6b1, how do I behave towards my ideal target TID? I read that the TID is determined at the moment you confirm your in-game-name to prof. birch, so what I have to do to get a correct TID? do I have to savestate, accept the random one, see if there's a matching SID for the shiny, and then manipulate that one? How can I see the TID i've obtained?
3) the most stupid question: what's the relation between my target pid and tid/sid? are there multiple couples of tid/sid that ensure that particular pid to be shiny?

sorry if I am a bit confused :/
1.02020000 iirc, it was posted a few pages before so just look up.
2.Chances are that you can't hit TID seeds consistently (I believe the timer is up to milliseconds), so u'l have to accept a random tid.
For every pid and tid, there are 8 shiny sids(consider that 8/65535=1/8192), which apparently are consecutive as well.

1.02020000 iirc, it was posted a few pages before so just look up.
2.Chances are that you can't hit TID seeds consistently (I believe the timer is up to milliseconds), so u'l have to accept a random tid.
For every pid and tid, there are 8 shiny sids(consider that 8/65535=1/8192), which apparently are consecutive as well.
ok:) and so, after I read my initial seed, accepted the random tid and found out one of the eight ideal sid corresponding to my tid/pid combination, which method I have to use to know the exact frame of my target seed? (I mean on rng reporter)

Last edited:
ok:) and so, after I read my initial seed, accepted the random tid and found out one of the eight ideal sid corresponding to my tid/pid combination, which method I have to use to know the exact frame of my target seed? (I mean on rng reporter)
Depends on what you are trying to capture. Just the standard methods 1,4,H, etc.
when doing this in frlg, you'd also need to use the initial seed you found to search for target frames before you rng the sid, then manage to reach your target pokemon before the frame countdown expires. You can't save ingame or reset because doing so will change your initial seed.
Luckily though, the target frames are often as high as tens of hours even with the speed boost mode on, so there shouldnt be much problem finishing a fast run through the story mode. The only exceptions are pokes that are found post-game only, like Mewtwo, since beating the E4 will require you to save.
Edit: This is only for me who dont know how to manually hit seeds on an emulator. If someone can do this though, definitely let people know..

Last edited:
Depends on what you are trying to capture. Just the standard methods 1,4,H, etc.
when doing this in frlg, you'd also need to use the initial seed you found to search for target frames before you rng the sid, then manage to reach your target pokemon before the frame countdown expires. You can't save ingame or reset because doing so will change your initial seed.
Luckily though, the target frames are often as high as tens of hours even with the speed boost mode on, so there shouldnt be much problem finishing a fast run through the story mode. The only exceptions are pokes that are found post-game only, like Mewtwo, since beating the E4 will require you to save.
Edit: This is only for me who dont know how to manually hit seeds on an emulator. If someone can do this though, definitely let people know..
yes, I got the point about the poke, but I was asking about rnging the sid ( in particular, I'm talking about emerald)!
I just wanted to know, given my initiale seed (the one generated just the moment you confirm your name to birch), and after established my particular tid for that specific seed (the last four digits of the seed converted from hex to decimal), how do I look for my target seed? which method I have to use in RNG Reporter to generate the long list? and, is the Sid hidden in the first four digits of the current frame seed, just as the tid was in the last four ones in the initial seed?? thank you;)

Last edited:
yes, I got the point about the poke, but I was asking about rnging the sid ( in particular, I'm talking about emerald)!
I just wanted to know, given my initiale seed (the one generated just the moment you confirm your name to birch), and after established my particular tid fir that specific seed (the last four digits of the seed converted from hex to decimal), how do I look for my target seed? which method I have to use in RNG Reporter to generate the long list? and, is the Sid hidden in the first four digits of the current frame seed, just as the tid was in the last four ones in the initial seed?? thank you;)
Iirc yes.
The Researcher function can generate a complete list of the RN sequence, and can also convert them to decimal if you set the custom1 to repeat the 16bithigh part while leaving the 「hex」option unchecked.

Iirc yes.
The Researcher function can generate a complete list of the RN sequence, and can also convert them to decimal if you set the custom1 to repeat the 16bithigh part while leaving the 「hex」option unchecked.
fantastic, I'll look my sid through this researcher function;) thank you again:)

I am using Eontimer to try to set it up before I RNG Stationary Legends in Platinum. However, I am using a 3DS XL. I have the target sec up to 50 because I can't restart it fast enough for 30 and 50 gives me enough time. And when I click on the game when the timer reaches 0, my calibrated seconds has the timer at 14 but my game does not load up that fast. Do I need to change the Calibrated Seconds or do I need to Get an old DSi? (I am using RNG reporter 9.96 and Eontimer v1.6)

If it helps my Delay I need in the Seed to Time is 657

Thanks for any help so I'm new at this so I don't know much

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I am using Eontimer to try to set it up before I RNG Stationary Legends in Platinum. However, I am using a 3DS XL. I have the target sec up to 50 because I can't restart it fast enough for 30 and 50 gives me enough time. And when I click on the game when the timer reaches 0, my calibrated seconds has the timer at 14 but my game does not load up that fast. Do I need to change the Calibrated Seconds or do I need to Get an old DSi? (I am using RNG reporter 9.96 and Eontimer v1.6)

IIRC, Calibrated Seconds will change between the old DS and 3DS. It'll be more like 21-22, I think.

I tried searching around, I just couldn't find the information readily. I'm trying to abuse the PRNG to a get 31/31/31/X/31/31 Crown Entei in Diamond. There's a few things I'm wanting to know.

It's locked shiny, does that mean I need to calculate it any differently? Do I need to know my SID?

Does receiving Entei advance the frames at all? Like say if I want to get it on frame 30, so I advance to it, but then when I go to receive it it turns out it's now on frame 35. I want to avoid situations like that.

How many frames do Wondering NPC's advance?

Is the starting frame 1 or 0?

To clarify Chatot's chatters advances the frame by 1, and journal flips with caught or defeated Pokémon advance by 2, right?

Not directly related but I would have liked to do this in Soulsilver but for some reason all the event Pokémon the delivery man had in Platinum and Soulsilver disappeared any idea as to how and why?

Is there anything else I should know beforehand? I've caught perfect Pokémon in Platinum and hatched in Soulsilver but have done nothing RNG related in Diamond yet.

Edit: So I tried using Find Seed by Stats to test, but no luck. I guess it doesn't work with wonder card Pokémon...

Edit 2: I decided on an Entei with seed F21602F6 on frame 27, 31/31/31/1/31/31.

I went to seed to time, found it has a delay of 745.

I made 7/25/2013 22:53:14 my target time and used eon timer to try to get it. When the game loaded I flipped to the defeated Pokémon page 13 times as 13*2+1=27. The immediately received the Entei. To no surprise, it wasn't what I wanted. I'm almost certain my delay was off but I don't know by how much. I also don't know how to check it. The Entei I got had IVs of 21/25/31/16/8/23.
Hate to keep quoting myself, but I'm still completely lost.

I just finished RNG abusing a Gible in Platinum on a 3DS XL. I used Zomgtimer and left the calibrated seconds at 14. My calibrated delay was around 585 for a target delay of 2726 and a target seconds of 35. I sometimes change the target seconds on Zomgtimer because I will hit 34 or 36 seconds. I would suggest trying a higher delay time.

hi guys, do you know what is more or less the frame delay from the moment I press "A" in Birch dialogue to the moment the secret ID is generated in emerald??

Thank you all for your helpful post and got my first successful RNG today!

That being said I have a rather strange experience also. My cousin was RNGn'g Giritina on Platinum. The first encounter. His seed was 15160CF0 and his frame for his perfect pokemon was at 5. He flipped the coins to make sure he had hit the right seed just as I had done, he went to the menu and did the journal flipping process. He flipped to the previous page where he had caught a pokemon and back (where there was none) and did that again. So he should have been on frame 5 to catch it. However, when he caught it it had the stats and nature of one on the 27th frame!?! How could this have happened? There are no legendaries roaming either...

Thank you all for your helpful post and got my first successful RNG today!

That being said I have a rather strange experience also. My cousin was RNGn'g Giritina on Platinum. The first encounter. His seed was 15160CF0 and his frame for his perfect pokemon was at 5. He flipped the coins to make sure he had hit the right seed just as I had done, he went to the menu and did the journal flipping process. He flipped to the previous page where he had caught a pokemon and back (where there was none) and did that again. So he should have been on frame 5 to catch it. However, when he caught it it had the stats and nature of one on the 27th frame!?! How could this have happened? There are no legendaries roaming either...
Was it in the Distortion World? Each time the Disortion World loads it advances the frame. I don't remember the exact amount off hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)