Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Has anyone tried RNG abuse with Trophy Garden pokemon? Does changing the date change the pokemon that Mr.Backlot tells you?

Has anyone tried RNG abuse with Trophy Garden pokemon? Does changing the date change the pokemon that Mr.Backlot tells you?
No, the pokemon he gives you seem to be based on your seed since if you SR it changes every time. Swarm pokemon may be based off of the date though.

Ah, good point. Has research been done about that yet? Getting this HP Grass Jolteon is harder than I thought it'd be.
For trophy garden pokes, no. It is pointless almost. Just take the time to reset for it. Same for swarm pokemon. I'm pretty sure mingot has more important things to do.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are you trying to use the Milotic to find your initial seed? If so, this will not work. You will need to go and catch something. Or use the adjacents finder in the Seed->Time dialog to find out what you actually hit.
I caught a Fearow which gave me a seconds value of 39. Said the average was 15 in the OP so I was like "uhhh" then I switched to Milo and it rejected me.
I will try this adjacents finder though hopefully it'll work.

For trophy garden pokes, no. It is pointless almost. Just take the time to reset for it. Same for swarm pokemon. I'm pretty sure mingot has more important things to do.
'

Oh no that's not what I meant...if say you were trying to RNG abuse an Eevee, the only place that you could find one is from the Trophy Garden. And, if different seeds = different pokemon, then the spread you're trying to hit will probably end up with something other than an eevee in the trophy garden.

'

Oh no that's not what I meant...if say you were trying to RNG abuse an Eevee, the only place that you could find one is from the Trophy Garden. And, if different seeds = different pokemon, then the spread you're trying to hit will probably end up with something other than an eevee in the trophy garden.
No that's not how it works. You talk to the guy in the trophy garden, he puts X pokemon in there, then all pokemon on the 6th slot are now the new pokemon, and the old one is slot 7.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, the initial seed finder, for the information you gave it, was probably correct about the seconds value. Of course, if your minutes, day, or month were off then that value will be incorrect. Also, adjacents will not, by default, search that far a range.

More worrisome is that it does not sound like you did the initial calibration steps. You should really do this to get a better understanding of what your seconds value will be and how to make sure that you can always hit it.

'

Verify that an Eeevee is in the garden before attempting to reset for your final. Maybe you're confused, though. Once it is locked in it doesnt matter what the seed it. Just that when the man is making his choice, it does use the RNG to decide what is to be put in.

Yeti

dark saturday
Well, the initial seed finder, for the information you gave it, was probably correct about the seconds value. Of course, if your minutes, day, or month were off then that value will be incorrect. Also, adjacents will not, by default, search that far a range.

More worrisome is that it does not sound like you did the initial calibration steps. You should really do this to get a better understanding of what your seconds value will be and how to make sure that you can always hit it.
My date and time was correct.. I timed it and it took 17 seconds to reset so I dunno why it's so high, unless seconds are supposed to be like that.

I followed all the calibration steps, or so I thought. Saved in high-level Pokemon area, set my DS' time to match, soft reset & hit 'a' as quickly as I could & timed it, started on a minute at :00 seconds, etc. So I don't know what the deal was unless I missed some important step.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My date and time was correct.. I timed it and it took 17 seconds to reset so I dunno why it's so high, unless seconds are supposed to be like that.

I followed all the calibration steps, or so I thought. Saved in high-level Pokemon area, set my DS' time to match, soft reset & hit 'a' as quickly as I could & timed it, started on a minute at :00 seconds, etc. So I don't know what the deal was unless I missed some important step.
You reset at :00?

Also, if you reset at :00 and are getting really strange seconds, I promise you, you have entered your minutes, date, or month incorrectly.

Yeti

dark saturday
You reset at :00?

Also, if you reset at :00 and are getting really strange seconds, I promise you, you have entered your minutes, date, or month incorrectly.
Well I meant like 7:10:00 on the dot. :00 being the seconds not the minutes.
Next time I try I will double check my date but I sw- wait it was 0-23 wasn't it? So 6pm would be 18.. aha there's my crisis. I feel stupid for not thinking of that now LOL sorry to have troubled you.

Hmmm...does anyone on an off chance know a Timid Jolteon spread that puts Sweet Scent (grass) in slot 6?
Off the top of my head, no. But I do know the timid flawless spread, if you make the eevee the old pokemon and therefore in slot 7, does come up somewhere, or so I have been told. You should check into that and instead of asking next time, just download the spreadsheets and check for yourself, much faster.

Off the top of my head, no. But I do know the timid flawless spread, if you make the eevee the old pokemon and therefore in slot 7, does come up somewhere, or so I have been told. You should check into that and instead of asking next time, just download the spreadsheets and check for yourself, much faster.
Okay, will do. Timid Flawless spread as in 31/xx/31/31/31/31?

I just noticed that in the Chain to SID app, there's no gender ratio for 12.5% Female and 87.5% Male. How do I use some chained Togepi to calculate the SID?

mingot

free agent
Wow, completely left that one out. Will add it for the next release. All is not lost, though. Just leave it at genderless and it will still find your SID. It *may* take one extra Pokemon.

EDIT: Actually, I think I just typed in the names wrong :/ Stick with genderless for now and I will get a new release shortly to work that out. Thank you for the report.

Wow, completely left that one out. Will add it for the next release. All is not lost, though. Just leave it at genderless and it will still find your SID. It *may* take one extra Pokemon.

EDIT: Actually, I think I just typed in the names wrong :/ Stick with genderless for now and I will get a new release shortly to work that out. Thank you for the report.
Okay, and is there anyway you can make to Clear one set instead of everything? I put in two chained IVs, I had 40 SID possibilities, and I put in a 3rd IV set, and it went to 0.. I know that I made a mistake, but it's bothersome to type the others in again. XD;

mingot

free agent
No, not very easily, to be honest. It would have to go back and try to recalculate everything sans the single removed item. It is not something that is impossible, though, so I will add it to the todo list. Bright side is once you do this once you are done :>

I hate to ask a stupid question, but that's what newb's do...

I'm trying to figure out what frame I'm on. I found my Seed, hit Okay, and hit Generate. Now I'm supposed to compare the results to the IVs of my Egg. So here's where I get confused. Am I supposed to find a perfect match in the list? Because it doesn't have any As or Bs for the IVs inherited by the parents. If I find one that matches three of the IVs am I to assume that that's the frame I'm on? -and are the Natures supposed to match too?

I'd like to hear some of your opinions on these two questions:
1. What is the largest frame you'd consider going for?
2. If I have a breeding project that requires egg moves (meaning I can't just do D/P/Pt wild) and is possible in 3rd gen, would you consider it easier for me to breed in Emerald or D/P/Pt?
3. (not really an opinion question) In order to get my Journal pages filled with catch info so I can just flip from start to end, I'd need to just keep changing the date by 1 and catching a Pokémon each day, right?

Also, mingot, I noticed a few problems with the spreadsheets. Some of the values in the "seed" column are either entirely pound signs (########) or are not 8 digits long (ex: 480000000000, 30272). I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks!

Okay, I just want to make sure that this process is correct. Let me know if you see any flaws.

I want to get a Giratina in Platinum with IVs 31/x/31/31/31/x and and a Bold nature. To do this, it said that I had to hit frame 430. I clicked on Generate Times, and it gave me a date of 7/31/09 time 15:31:00 delay 601. I then set my DS clock to that date at 15:30:00. Then, I load the game and reset at 15:30:48 because my delay time is 12 seconds. Once the game boots up that time, I make sure if I hit my time by using the Coin Toss application and flipping it 10 times, looking for HHTTHHHTHT because that is what Seed to Times told me. If that checks out, to hit frame 430, I must subtract 12 for battling with Giratina, making it 418. Then I divide that by 2 to be 209. Then I simply journal flip 209 times and battle and catch Giratina.

And all of that will give me my desired spread? This will be my first attempt at RNG abuse, thanks in advance for any help :)

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Okay, I just want to make sure that this process is correct. Let me know if you see any flaws.

I want to get a Giratina in Platinum with IVs 31/x/31/31/31/x and and a Bold nature. To do this, it said that I had to hit frame 430. I clicked on Generate Times, and it gave me a date of 7/31/09 time 15:31:00 delay 601. I then set my DS clock to that date at 15:30:00. Then, I load the game and reset at 15:30:48 because my delay time is 12 seconds. Once the game boots up that time, I make sure if I hit my time by using the Coin Toss application and flipping it 10 times, looking for HHTTHHHTHT because that is what Seed to Times told me. If that checks out, to hit frame 430, I must subtract 12 for battling with Giratina, making it 418. Then I divide that by 2 to be 209. Then I simply journal flip 209 times and battle and catch Giratina.

And all of that will give me my desired spread? This will be my first attempt at RNG abuse, thanks in advance for any help :)
That looks okay assuming 2 things:

1. you're catching it in the distortion world.

2. you don't have any roaming pokemon out.

Good luck! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)