Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

then why wan't the darkrai shiny? The target frame was one, and with darkrai's montser frame being one i shouldn't have to do anything and it would be shiny.

then why wan't the darkrai shiny? The target frame was one, and with darkrai's montser frame being one i shouldn't have to do anything and it would be shiny.
If you have any roamers (Cresselia or Mesprit) then you cannot possibly hit your target frame of 1

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone final word on this? Does using the pokeradar advance the RNG? I am talking about Method J pokemon.
Yes, it does, but how exactly it works is unknown at this point. There is nothing on the first page and hardly anything on any others. If you are interested and need to get into it now, start testing, otherwise you'll have to wait.

Anyone know what the easiest way is to discover whether your SID can produce a flawless IV shiny in RNG Reporter? I'm trying to capture a ditto. I realize it's almost impossible, but I thought I'd ask how best to go about it, just for kicks - someone suggested searching delays of 595-700 in 2000.

Any ideas?
Check out the PokeRNG Program on the first page. That is probably the quickest way to find your best shiny spreads.

can you fly somewhere to catch a pokemon for the calibration phase of hatching a perfect pokemon?
Yes.

Wait, the jogger isn't a battler and continues to pace back and forth so does he affect the RNG advancement since I'm guessing he moves in a "fixed" pattern, much like the buneary in the daycare center?
If it does not wander (ie. if the pattern is not random) then it is not using the games random number generator.

Ok, I just caught a Geodude, and according to RNG reporter I hit the frame 80 with the actual being 185. Does the actual affect anything? And why haven't I captured the spread I wanted?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actual is not mentioned in the directions, so it isn't be anything that you need to pay attention to. I really have nowhere near enough information to tell you what you are doing wrong.

This is on my platinum version if that affects anything. I'm going to retry to see if I can land it successfully:D

Edit: Just hit it again except this time with a modest staravia:D No RNG abuse taking effect, maybe I should try a different route?

Edit2: Ok, here's all of the information that I've translated into Method J, first of all I chose a suitable spread from the physical spreads document, in particular:

3a140299,80, 170c65c, , Adamant,0,30,30,30,8,30,31, Flying,59, F, M, M, F

Now my target frame is 80 right? I copy and paste the seed(Hex) into the seed to times app. with the seconds check box checked and filled in with 15 seconds from my calibration phase. I then hit generate to get a list of times all with delays of 656 with this particular seed, I then choose to subtract "60" off of the 656 to get a time spread with a delay of 596 which is in my delay range from the calibration phase. The time is......OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized I forgot to set the date to the target time spread:( I'll retry now, good job Shelcario:D

Edit3: Also which target time should I follow, I've been following the one in seed to time but, there's one for the target frame of 0:00:33 compared to the seed to time's time: 20:42:14. Important Question that needs to be answered.

mingot

free agent
From the article:

This does not always give you your exact Secret ID, but as only the first 13 bits of your Secret ID are taken into account for determining shininess it does give a compatible result. The actual Secret ID will be in the range of the number this method produces (n) and n+7. For example, if the method results in 10000 as the Secret ID the actual Secret ID is some number between 10000 and 10007.

Edit3: Also which target time should I follow, I've been following the one in seed to time but, there's one for the target frame of 0:00:33 compared to the seed to time's time: 20:42:14.
Sorry, what?

For a particular seed the seed to time dialog gives you your target time. Where are you getting 0:00:33?

Actually another thing -- You seem to be targetting frame 80. Don't. As the directions say, you need to put the seed into rng reporter and then generate with your synchronize nature. It appears you did not do that.

When I input the spread that I want in the main screen of RNG Reporter for Method 1, it's the only spread that shows up so.....also I just realized that I also didn't set my target time to the 20:42:14 so this whole entire time I've been resetting for the target time of 00:00:14 lol:D This should fix my problem now, hopefully.

mingot

free agent
When I input the spread that I want in the main screen of RNG Reporter for Method 1, it's the only spread that shows up so.....also I just realized that I also didn't set my target time to the 20:42:14 so this whole entire time I've been resetting for the target time of 00:00:14 lol:D This should fix my problem now, hopefully.
You don't set your DS to your target time, you set it to your reset time. Read the directions. Additionally, what are you trying to actually capture? Because unless it's a running legendary/in game trade then it's probably not a Method 1 Pokemon.

I'm just trying to capture a random wild pokemon to see if I can actually get the hang of RNG abusing:D And also I do set my DS's clock a minute under what I'm supposed to reset at and I'm still turning up nothing. I use an AR so I have to press "Start" at 20:41:59 because since I found that I get a consistent 15 seconds reading 20:42:14 minus :15 seconds results in 20:41:59 as my reset time or when I have to click start. I synch. my ds with an outside clock each time I reset/click Start on AR screen and just barely get to the continue screen before the 14 second changes to the 15 second mark. Maybe I should just press Start on the AR screen at 20:41:58?

I'm just trying to capture a random wild pokemon to see if I can actually get the hang of RNG abusing:D And also I do set my DS's clock a minute under what I'm supposed to reset at and I'm still turning up nothing.
Did you check if your area had any NPCs that affected you?

Since you are having trouble, I suggest you go to the trophy garden and try for a pokemon there.

I just chose a different spread, with a frame of 6. I hit my delay, again, walked 128 steps with my five pokemon, then confronted darkrai, and it wasn't shiny again. Whats up??

Did you check if your area had any NPCs that affected you?

Since you are having trouble, I suggest you go to the trophy garden and try for a pokemon there.
I'm on route 210 south, the route right above solaceon town and the only NPC that moves on that route is the jogger but he has a "fixed" movement pattern so his movements don't affect the RNG in any way. Does this include all NPCs on the current route you're on?

Edit: Just found an "moving" or "exploring" as mingot puts it, NPC, so I'm just going to battle her then save, then try this again.

i have a question. how have people abused for a wild mamoswine. you can't sweet scent
Me and Syberia (with save states because he is cool). I guided him through the radar stuff while on IRC and if he was off on frames, he had a save state to correct himself. We both did it on platinum because outside the lake you can radar and still see the patches, while on d/p you have to be in the blizzard.

Shika511 - Next time you believe you got your delay and therefore target seed, do what you think you need to do to get the frame shiny darkrai is on. If it is not shiny, catch darkrai and find out what seed you did get in the initial seed finder. If it is indeed the right seed, find out what frame it was on to see what went wrong. You are doing this in method J correct?

Me and Syberia (with save states because he is cool). I guided him through the radar stuff while on IRC and if he was off on frames, he had a save state to correct himself. We both did it on platinum because outside the lake you can radar and still see the patches, while on d/p you have to be in the blizzard.

Shika511 - Next time you believe you got your delay and therefore target seed, do what you think you need to do to get the frame shiny darkrai is on. If it is not shiny, catch darkrai and find out what seed you did get in the initial seed finder. If it is indeed the right seed, find out what frame it was on to see what went wrong. You are doing this in method J correct?
I caught the darkrai, that's how I made sure I got my delay. How do you find out what frame it's on? and yes I'm using method j.

Does this include all NPCs of an entire route? I just found another one, black belt in the fog.

Edit: Man this route sucks, there's at least four NPCs that affect the RNG, veteran near celestic, blackbelt at beginning of fog, ace trainer above ace trainer pair, ace trainer pair move in a "fixed" pattern. Just found out it's pretty useless because the blackbelt isn't a trainer so I guess it's off to the pokemon mansion for me.

I caught the darkrai, that's how I made sure I got my delay. How do you find out what frame it's on? and yes I'm using method j.
Generate the list of the seed that says method J. If you have a syncher, switch that box to the syncher nature you have. Look at the results listed what frame you got and see if it says there is a shiny one on the frame you thought there would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)