Media Metalheads Thread III

new vreid is pretty cool

know shit about melodic black metal but I'll probably check out the classics

new vreid is pretty cool

Their are deffinitely other bands in the genre worthy of your time but Dissection just does what they do so well that whenever I want to listen to some melodic black metal I usually end up just listening to them.

Also, possibly somewhat controversially, I don't get Windir at all.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
No mentions of Nightrage yet. I can fix that.

This was the band that got me into Melodic death metal; shortly after I first listened to Nightrage, I started listening to bands like In Flames and Dark Tranquility. This is my favorite Nightrage song:

[youtube]EjINfktVHq0[/youtube]

(Side note: It says "death metal" on the album cover. That. Is. Awesome.)

Really good stuff for headbanging. Plus, these are some of the best screams I've heard anywhere (at least in my opinion). It's unfortunate this vocalist only did one album with Nightrage (he left Nightrage to form Dead by April... I mean, I like Dead by April, but I imagine 90% of the people ITT would not like them.)

man i really don't listen to non-obzen meshuggah albums enough. i just love love love combustion / pravus / dancers too much for their own good.

how can you mention pravus and not mention bleed

also the best meshuggah song is I

dissection - the somberlain
dissection - storm of the light's bane
sacramentum - far away from the sun
dawn - nær sólen gar niþer for evogher
vinterland - welcome my last chapter

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I can't remember if I mentioned them in the last thread... but I really rather love Septic Flesh's two most recent albums (I've yet to check out the rest but from what I understand they're not the same?).

[youtube]jlom58cdyzs[/youtube]

[youtube]-BJqlcNX9dE[/youtube]

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Of course. Wasn't he supposed to have been coming out with a new album?

Nu Metal is very far from being metal, and it should not be talked about in this thread.

i won't be happy about it, but if people INSIST on talking about metalcore and deathcore in this thread, fine. whatever. but it's still not metal.

unless we're talking real metalcore like Converge, Dillinger, et cetera. that's fine.

I HAVE SPOKEN.
this thread already has so much crap in the first three pages that it's not even worth trying to make rules at this point.

anyway, I've been on a brutal death kick lately

[youtube]tU4XCK5SLrk[/youtube]
[youtube]62djT50B8fE[/youtube]
[youtube]0_VgX69M0Xw[/youtube]

well if you guys are gonna talk about REAL METALCORE i'm gonna talk about ghost. it's not brutal or whatever but hey man, straight up devil worship? that's pretty metal. infestissumam is pretty good, probably not as good as opus. year zero is mvp for me, though i'm diggin' monstrance clock as well. overall it gets a bit weird in places, but stays creepy enough to keep the vibe going !

those first 2 songs don't strike me as anything more than mindless technical wankery for the sake of being ~brutal~ reminiscent of gimmicky bullshit like beneath the massacre so no thanks. the third song was somewhat interesting though.

i think bleed is a top 5 meshuggah song but to each his own i suppose.

listened to the chasm's deathcult for eternity: the triumph, and it is phenomenal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwYgMQYSjxk

well if you guys are gonna talk about REAL METALCORE i'm gonna talk about ghost. it's not brutal or whatever but hey man, straight up devil worship? that's pretty metal. infestissumam is pretty good, probably not as good as opus. year zero is mvp for me, though i'm diggin' monstrance clock as well. overall it gets a bit weird in places, but stays creepy enough to keep the vibe going !
I dug Ghost's debut a lot, but I'm definitely of the opinion that Infestissumam is not only worse, but kinda blows chunks. Awesome cover art tho.

anything -core is technically more punk influenced than metal influenced, but there is a lot of good -core out there. Deathcore and Metalcore is bad for the most part, but Grindcore and Deathgrind has some really solid stuff though.

[youtube]0E6Bpoetzgs[/youtube]

those first 2 songs don't strike me as anything more than mindless technical wankery for the sake of being ~brutal~ reminiscent of gimmicky bullshit like beneath the massacre so no thanks. the third song was somewhat interesting though.

i think bleed is a top 5 meshuggah song but to each his own i suppose.

listened to the chasm's deathcult for eternity: the triumph, and it is phenomenal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwYgMQYSjxk
I'm not really a fan of Meshuggah, but I love Bleed mostly because of this

[youtube]Ap7Z5S6yTZM[/youtube]

seriously amazing

i saw Mesh on this latest tour, and i was grinning like a bloody idiot most of the set.

In Death - Is Life into In Death - Is Death into Shed was fucking transcendental.

I dug Ghost's debut a lot, but I'm definitely of the opinion that Infestissumam is not only worse, but kinda blows chunks. Awesome cover art tho.
honestly i can see where you're coming from, it's got this weird surf rock vibe to half of it. i still think year zero and maybe 1 or 2 other songs hit the same feel from the original, though. you're damn right on the cover art, too

also what's the thread's opinion on the new black sabbath song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfUimq2KeI

i don't think it's too too bad, i might give the album a shot. i also love the hell out of the fact that purple spaghetti or something is flowing out of nietzsche's mouth

I DO like Sabbath and had my fairly low expectations met. Nothing they do will touch their run from the S/T through Sabotage, but we all knew that already.

I'm gonna take the time to introduce a tangent to what's been shown so far: power metal!

Most people who are into power metal know the above band, Rhapsody of Fire, and this is arguably their best song too. But their are many great power metal bands out there, like Galneryus, Iced Earth and Dragonforce and I definitely suggest you check those guys out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)