Looking for some volunteer help from an artist!

'ello 'ello.

So I'm running a mock pokemon league as part of an anime convention in Victoria BC, Canada. And right now, I'm looking for an artist to help me make things pretty ^^;

Essentially, I need a few designs/pictures done, and someone who I could call on if I needed a gym badge to be designed (We're awarding badges to winning trainers respective to the gym they beat. Gyms are unique to the league, not copies from handheld games).

If anyone has some spare time and is feeling wonderfully altruistic, I'd greatly appreciate your help! And if you're nearby Victoria BC, Canada, I could probably swing you a free pass to the convention, and you could compete in the league yourself :P (Grand prize = reserve copy of Pokemon B or W).

Ask in the thread, pm me with questions, or email me at programming@tsukinocon.com if you want more information or can help out!

Thanks a bunch
~Markus

(p.s. It's probably best that it be computer based. Images will need to be saved and sent around as pure quality files, so I don't think anything by hand will quite work out right).

What kind of art do you need? I'll be happy to do some stuff if you want. For my style, check out my art thread. If not, that's fine.

I've yet to make a well-thought out list of everything necessary... but one thing for sure is designing a logo for the league. More of a word-art sort of thing, in the pokemon font. Reading "Pokemon" with "Tsukino-League" underneath. Other than that, I have yet to design the pamphlet describing the rules and restrictions for the league, but a front-page picture of... something, not sure yet, a lot of the aesthetics of this is still in the planning stage.

After that, I just have the feeling most of my gym leaders will bail on their duty to design their own gym badge. The badges are just small 1/2 inch in diameter (approx.) circular pins, which would have a graphic on them. If anyone doesn't come through, I'd be asking for some help designing a gym badge. I have mine (tentatively) but would always appreciate some help... just threw mine together in paint by chopping up a picture.

ex: My Gym Badge

My gym is called the Exoskelegym, running a team of pokemon with Exoskeletons. The badge is a claw and star from a Crawdaunt.

Hmm, not really my kind of style in art, I use my iPod so yeh. I don't think i could do it, sorry. Maybe the occasional gym badge or something

Cool :) Well... I set deadlines for my gym leaders at Jan. 15th, but I'll be keeping on top of them before that, so sometime in early January if not sooner, I may take you up on that ^^.

Not sure about the word art (I don't know where to get the pokemon font :P) but, I'd be happy to try to design some gym badges atleast.

I think I'm actually fine on the logo, so mostly badges will be much appreciated ^^

I just wanna make sure I have a backup plan when my gym leaders come to me saying they didn't know what to put on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)