Local Tournaments Sub-Forum

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it might be time for us to have a "Local Tournaments" sub-forum without any tournament approval process to go through for people who are organizing local tournaments that aren't sanctioned as Premier events by The Pokemon Company. It would be nice to help facilitate grassroots tournaments for Pokemon, especially with more Pokemon Leagues starting to support video game play in addition to the TCG. Smogon users should have an easy way of finding them!

Thoughts?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
O absolutely.

Don't even care if they don't have significant activity...we should attempt to promote this as much as possible.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why this hasn't actually happened. Maybe it's the "simulator/IRC culture" striking again...

As someone who organizes grassroots tournaments, and has recently been approved for a pokemon league (and we'll be supporting both TCG and VG), I am 100% in support of this!

I 100% support this. I love to attend in person events for pokemon, and have been hoping they could gain in popularity.

I'm a tournament organizer for Smash (have organized more smash events than anyone else), and have really been wanting to break into the Pokemon tournament hosting scene more and more, but there hardly is one lol

Anything that can help facilitate in person events I 100% put my support behind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)