Judgment of paralysis *WARSTORY* Jibaku vs. maniaclyracist

All that BL, OU, UU crap means nothing to me, I don't care how many of each tier someone uses so nah,
Then why would you care about Blissey/Gross/Etc. in Ubers? Ubers is just another tier. If it was renamed something like EOU (Especially Overused) then I'd wager you wouldn't care.

it's not like saying don't use UU in OU.
It's exactly like saying don't use UU in OU.

On topic, another great read. Of course I'm a warstory whore, so just about any of 'em are good.

No, my reasoning is they are banned from the tower in-game, so I figure when you play Ubers, these banned pokemon are the only ones who should be able to participate.

I honestly don't care who does what, but I just don't get how putting non-ubers in uber teams and fighting, can still be considered an "uber" battle.
Since it's not an uber battle, it's just a mixed bunch of tiers, lol.

Shut up kthnx bye. You're fagging up Jibaku's latest exciting warstory and he worked hard on it. Go troll the Dead Sea or something.

Honestly the hax on Palkia was pretty outrageous, but otherwise a cool match. Not quite as back-and-forth as your last Uber match but still very nice overall. Poor Giratina didn't fare too well this time, did it?

I don't dislike your Fighting Arceus any, but honestly you probably need a more defensive typing to help with team synergy. Obviously Steel is dumb regardless of overpowered Dragon moves flying about but nearly anything is more defensive than Fighting... unless it's there for Darkrai? He'd still be faster, though. That'd take some fancy (sleep clause) footwork.

Putting in my two cents:

I think it's bit ridiculous to expect everyone in an uber battle to have pure uber. Uber types are just too limited-too psychic to have a real battle. Besides, it's rather fun to see a Metagross exploding a Mewtwo.
Saying that it isn't like UU in OU is out of whack-if there weren't any UU's or BL's in OU it would just be Hera, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Blissey, Gengar, and Swampert on each team. In uber battles, sometimes you need the support that uber can't give. What other uber special walls as well as Blissey?

(I'm sorry if some of this has already been said, I skimmed.)

On topic, that was a pretty good battle. I was surprised at how little use Giratina had (in Jibaku's last battle, he kicked ass) and, of course, the paralyzation hax. I didn't know that Rayquaza could sweep like that.

I understand WHY other pokemon are allowed in ubers, I just don't think it's an "uber" battle when not all pokemon are uber.

Same reason I see people chuckin' Charizard, TTar and Gyarados in "dragon" teams I guess...
>_>;
There is no reason.

Well would you rather it be called an uu, ou, & uber battle? It's just called ubers for simplicity's sake rather than listing everything allowed which is just unneccesary. There's no reason to nitpick. Well I think we've reared a bit too far off topic so... Jibaku I'm at a complete loss as to the reason why you're using fighting plate on arceus. I'm probably missing something obvious but can you please tell me why you used the fighting plate over some other one such as the dark plate?

Fighting plate to counter dark type moves that are used to counter the numerous psychics in ubers?

IMO.
That's just stupid, if you're going to resist Dark then just make yourself Bug or Dark. Being Fighting leaves you open to the 10 or so different psychic types that populate the metagame and will likely 2HKO.

I find it sad that blissey is on every team, even uber teams -_-

btw are those shinys you got off GTS even good? (nature and IV wise)

Blissey's just that good! :)

I wonder why GameFreak wasn't stupid enough to make a physical Blissey as well. . . (surely they must have known about Blissey's power when they were making it, and yes, I'm calling them Shirley).

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Except that aside from Taunt Mewtwo (and it has a ton of other options that are quite possibly better) and Psycho Boost Choice Specs Deoxys-F, virtually no uber uses Psychic, so that weakness is mostly irrelevant. Steel Arceus isn't dumb.

Giratina is ugly. =(

Unless you're really desperate for a Dark resist, I don't really see the point of Fighting Arceus. I'd rather use Bug Arceus to resist EQ and hit all the Psychics save Lugia hard (and you'll be hitting Lugia harder than Fighting would).

Turismo, I really don't see why the "uber" tier would be so different from the other tiers. At Smogon, we don't determine our tiers based on whether they are allowed in the Battle Tower. Your tier is determined entirely by the highest tiered Pokemon in your team. If I have a Salamence, Geodude, and Pidgey as my team, I have an OU team, despite having Pokemon from lower tiers. OU, UU, NU, and uber are all just names for tiers. Having Rayquaza, Geodude, and Pidgey gives me an uber team because it contains at least one uber.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
That's just stupid, if you're going to resist Dark then just make yourself Bug or Dark. Being Fighting leaves you open to the 10 or so different psychic types that populate the metagame and will likely 2HKO.
You forgot TTar. Obviously TTar is just going to Stone Edge me to death while Palkia and Kyogre won't like switching on it. Besides, Fighting resists Stealth Rock.

I looked around for sturdy alternatives that doesn't destroy my eyes (I hate Machamp, and besides, Arceus gets Recover). Also, at the same time, Arceus can counter Swords Dance Groudon as long as it doesn't have Life Orb. Groudon can Stone Edge bug Arceus, which isn't fun. Kyogre and Palkia doesn't seem enough to cover those 2, considering that Kyogre would lose its Spout power and Palkia will take an insane amount of damage due to hasty. Plus, Palkia might not even OHKO thanks to Sandstorm SDef boost.

I was about to run a Fight Arceus w/ Dance/BB/DClaw/Recover, bu I decided the Groudon is too much of a threat for me to run physical

Kyogre set is Scarf
Water Spout/Waterfall/Beam/Thunder
btw are those shinys you got off GTS even good? (nature and IV wise)
I've been receiving good shinies lately, almost like if they've been hacked by Pokesav lol, but I can't conclude. My Giratina is Impish, and Palkia is Hasty

Bug doesn't resist Dark, it's just super effective against Dark types.

You forgot TTar. Obviously TTar is just going to Stone Edge me to death while Palkia and Kyogre won't like switching on it. Besides, Fighting resists Stealth Rock.

I looked around for sturdy alternatives that doesn't destroy my eyes (I hate Machamp, and besides, Arceus gets Recover). Also, at the same time, Arceus can counter Swords Dance Groudon as long as it doesn't have Life Orb. Groudon can Stone Edge bug Arceus, which isn't fun. Kyogre and Palkia doesn't seem enough to cover those 2, considering that Kyogre would lose its Spout power and Palkia will take an insane amount of damage due to hasty. Plus, Palkia might not even OHKO thanks to Sandstorm SDef boost.

I was about to run a Fight Arceus w/ Dance/BB/DClaw/Recover, bu I decided the Groudon is too much of a threat for me to run physical
Ack, sorry Jibaku, I did NOT mean that as an insult to you whatsoever. I was only replying to the idea of using fighting to counter dark attacks that another poster mentioned; I think it's quite interesting to use a fighting type Arceus despite the psychic weakness, it provides some useful resistances.

Out of curiousity though, why not use Dark-type Arceus? (I'm just throwing it out there purely as a question- having no experience whatsoever in Ubers I want to see what your thoughts are this)

Sorry again if I seemed a bit crass there, but as previously mentioned I didn't see the point of (only) resisting Dark with Fighting. In terms of the bigger picture, you make a great case for the fighting Arceus.

Someone asked about the Kyogre moveset, but I'm sure it doesn't matter because it probably had Choice Specs so it could only Struggle.

Good battle anyways.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Out of curiousity though, why not use Dark-type Arceus? (I'm just throwing it out there purely as a question- having no experience whatsoever in Ubers I want to see what your thoughts are this)
Well, its simply because Dark type Arceus won't like getting Stone Edged by TTar (CBStone Edge 2HKOs). Although it does help against the likes of Mewtwo and friends, I'm a little more concerned about TTar Stone Edging my entire team by simply switching into Bliss everytime I send it out. There's Metagross, but Metagross won't like switching into Quakes. Also, Fighting Arceus' being resistant to both Rock and Dark is the part where I need him. I can't have one or the other. Dark Arceus is also weak to Focus Punch, so Darkrai will leave a gaping dent at it. Then Thunder could possibly finish it off. Judgment is NVE against Darkrai and Darkrai is faster than Arceus.

Giratina comes in on Darkrai's Dark Void, then runs off to Arceus. Giratina can STalk later of needed

Well, its simply because Dark type Arceus won't like getting Stone Edged by TTar (CBStone Edge 2HKOs). Although it does help against the likes of Mewtwo and friends, I'm a little more concerned about TTar Stone Edging my entire team by simply switching into Bliss everytime I send it out. There's Metagross, but Metagross won't like switching into Quakes. Also, Fighting Arceus' being resistant to both Rock and Dark is the part where I need him. I can't have one or the other. Dark Arceus is also weak to Focus Punch, so Darkrai will leave a gaping dent at it. Then Thunder could possibly finish it off. Judgment is NVE against Darkrai and Darkrai is faster than Arceus.

Giratina comes in on Darkrai's Dark Void, then runs off to Arceus. Giratina can STalk later of needed
Ah, so it's more a matter of TTar being a threat to your team, correct? Very understandable. Thanks for listing those reasons, if I ever decide to make an uber team I'll be sure to take stuff like this into account. (In terms of how it will benefit my own team of course, haha)

Jibaku

Also, Tar might carry Dragon Dance and I don't think Meta + Palkia + Kyogre is really enough to cover it

That and let's not forget the possibility of Aura Spheres being a commonly expected attack in Ubers to counter TTar, Blissey, and eventually Darkrai.

And I don't care what anybody says... Blissey's a freakin uber. Everybody says it, "Nobody special walls the way she does".

Jibaku

Problem is:

Aura Sphere might not OHKO Tar thanks to Sandstream
Blissey lols at Aura Sphere.

Problem is:
Aura Sphere might not OHKO Tar thanks to Sandstream
Blissey lols at Aura Sphere.
Yah, but Aura Sphere does a number to Normal/Dark Arceus, and Darkrai, and even if it's not an OHKO, it hits Ttar hard enough.

Blissey lols at every special attack... at least that one does the most damage.... how much does the "plate" increase an Arceus attack? Cause a Min/Min Blissey takes max 45% from a STAB Modest Max-EV Arceus Aura Sphere before factoring in the plate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)