Seawater Bead - 6

Big Root - 4
Poffin Berries - 3
Gravity Seed - 2
Memories - 2
Cleanse Tag - 2
Shiny Leaf - 2
Adrenaline Orb (VP) - 1
Adrenaline Orb (unspecified because it's conditional but that's not really allowed?) - 1
Assault Armor - 1
Lucky Punch - 1
Junk Pile - 1

Abilities:
Vapor Control - 6
Rivalry - 6
Optimistic - 6

Battle Armor - 4
Mysterious Fog - 4
Dancer - 4
Tangled Feet - 3
Stasis - 2
Power Spot - 2
Quick Draw - 2
Rock Climber - 2
Insulator - 2
Extreme Bulk - 1
Stroke of Luck - 1
Spray Away - 1
Normalize - 1
Big Pecks - 1
Time Machine - 1
Overachiever - 1
Fight-or-Flight - 1
RKS System - 1

Adjustments:
Swords of Justice - 6
Eeeveelutions - 6
Skuntank - 6

Crobat - 5
Bastiodon - 4
Forretress - 4
UBs - 3
Delphox - 2
Cryogonal (YB) - 2
Minior - 2
Phione - 2
Carbink (Z-n) - 2
Volcanion (zxgzxg) - 2
Duosion (illegal but based) - 2
Vespiquen (AP) - 2
Falinks - 2
Escavalier - 1
Vespiquen (ms) - 1
Magearna-Original - 1
Flapple/Appletun - 1
Absol - 1
Kecleon - 1
Carbink ("Based", so Naronex i think) - 1

Winners
Name: Smother
Power: 75
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Category:

Type:

Effect: During the opponent's next turn, they are forced to move last (Quash effects).
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: fairies, darks, mons that are large or are known for grabbing/hugging (bewear, snorlax, etc.)
Justification: Cool move, cool effect. Very scary on slower mons to really threaten switchins, but not many STAB users use it well.
Name: Snowman Jazz / Fiery Dance / Moonlit Waltz / Petal Dance / Sky Soiree
Power: 85
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Category: Special
Type: Ice / Fire / Dark / Grass / Flying
Effect: 50% chance to boost SpA
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Dance
Potential Pokémon With This Move:
Snowman Jazz: :snover: :mr.-mime-galar: :smoochum: :darumaka-galar: :froslass: :frosmoth: :panpour: :spinda::glaceon::lotad:
Fiery Dance: :salazzle: :torchic: :victini: :pansear: :darumaka: :braixen: :spinda::flareon::marowak-alola:
Moonlight Waltz: :impidimp: :nuzleaf: :spinda: :zorua: :sneasel: :morelull: :oddish: :umbreon:
Petal Dance: :pansage::lotad::spinda: :leafeon::psyduck: :pichu: :igglybuff: :cleffa: :smoochum::mime-jr.: (these look weird but they're Gen 2 event moves so they have access to them again)
Sky Soiree: :swablu: :chatot: :delibird: :spinda: :oricorio: :ducklett:
Justification: There are only three dance moves and two are signatures (and the third is bad). This rectifies that alongside the Dancer buff below.
Name: Shadow Punch [adjustment]
Power: 80
Accuracy: --%
PP: 20
Category:

Type:

Effect: Ignores Burn, screens, and substitute.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Authentic, Mirror, Protect, Punch
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current users +
:hitmonchan:
:mimikyu:
(as recompense for not getting Enchanted Punch),
:poliwrath:
&
:politoed:
(ditto...not the mon)

Justification: More killing two birds with one stone, in this case combining the concepts behind Princess Blade & Tempered Blade with trying to remedy Ghost's still somewhat troubled generic physical offense since neither Shadow Claw or Shadow Punch got buffed. Its accuracy and not being stopped by the buffed Sticky Hold and the various "can't be knocked" items make it far more reliable than Poltergeist even before it ignoring Burn, screens, and substitute. It remaining a Punch move is also a big boon to the apparently still underwhelming Dusknoir, which helps it take more advantage of its new Iron Fist move (even if the lack of Contact is a bit redundant).
Name: The Let's Go Eeveelution Moves
Power: Varies
Accuracy: Varies
PP: Varies
Category: Varies
Type: Varies
Effect: Same as in standard
Flags: N/A
Potential Pokémon with This Move:
Bouncy Bubble: :Vaporeon:
Sizzly Slide: :Flareon:
Buzzy Buzz: :Jolteon:
Glitzy Glow: :Espeon:
Baddy Bad: :Umbreon:
Sappy Seed: :Leafeon:
Freezy Frost: :Glaceon:
Sparkly Swirl: :sylveon:
Justification: Very cool moves locked away in a dead metagame even though the game has the code for them ready. Might as well grant our precious Eeveelutions their dues.
Name: Sacred Ropes
Effect: "If held by Regigigas, changes user's ability to Thick Fat and it receives only 3/4 damage from Fighting and Rock attacks, including Stealth Rock." (Like Mimikyu's new item, this should probably announce itself with something like "[Holder] is adorned with continent-towing ropes!")
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): "No, but only if Regigigas."
Ignored by Klutz:
(Yes or No): "Yes"
Fling Power & Effect:
130 BP.

Justification:
It's quite odd for me to (finally) realize that the entire time we tried to fix Regigigas while also boosting other Regis, that on top of never succeeding, none (?) of us ever just suggested making an item for it despite all the other items be made to buff other mons. So here it is. Instead of wasting an mon or ability adjustment slot on trying Regigigas, I figure an item that gives the niche of "Normal-type mon with the most resistances and no real weakness" is at least something on top of getting rid of Slow Start. I'm also pretty wary of giving an item that boosts stats directly given that even with stat creep, it still has one of the highest stat totals in the game, with all of its stats being good still outside of SpA. Similarly, while Clear Body would be more thematic given the original Regi trio, Thick Fat fits with far more with its lore, as does the resistance to Rock, which helps it come in more without being as obnoxious as Heavy-Duty Boots.

I was going to include a resistance to Ground too, but Fighting makes more sense to me since it's really weird to picture most Fighting moves doing much to Regigigas, much less being its sole weakness due to type. Finaly, for other mons, Sacred Rope gives a Fling item that's as strong as Iron Ball without slowing you down to use it, so it's also actually good on other mons who want a one-time super strong Fling shot I guess. I figure it should have that much power just because anything long enough to drape over Regigigas's shoulders is going to be heavy just due to sheer length, say nothing of the size and durability of something needed to "tow" continents, likely physics-breaking magic involved aside. (I also figured that was better than 60 BP to represent each current Regi but with an obnoxious 100% Paralysis chance due to becoming tangled in and crushed by a bunch of rope.)
Name: Seawater Bead
Effect: When held by Phione, boosts its Defense and Sp. Defense stats by 50%.
Can Be Knocked Off: No, if held by Phione
Ignored by Klutz: Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 30, none
Justification: Phione's not allowed to hold Eviolite so here's Phione's Eviolite.
Name: Optimistic
Effect: This Pokémon can't lower its own stats. The opponent can still lower its stats.
Permanent (Yes or No): No
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :pyroar::lilligant::escavalier::meloetta::meloetta-pirouette::crobat::miltank::noivern::carracosta:
Justification: This was originally a Mirror Armor buff but then I realized the way I was doing was basically Mind Trick from SylveMons, which was a fun but also absolutely busted ability, so here's something similar but more grounded in reality. You should know all the benefits of not lowering your own stats, getting drawbackless and powerful moves like Close Combat and Overheat. Because of this, you have to be very careful with distribution, but with that you can explore all sorts of stat-lowering moves, like all the Overclock-boosted moves, Shell Smash, and Curse.
Name: Rivalry
Effect: The power of this Pokémon's moves are multiplied by ×1.33 if the target shares a typing with the user. These can stack.
Permanent? No
Mold Breaker? No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Current Distribution + Zangoose and Seviper, Ursaring, Salamence, Girafarig, Fearow, Haxorus, probably some others.

Rivalry has always sucked badly. That is mostly due to relying on something as dumb and volatile as Gender. Now we erased the bad drawback, and tied it to something much easier to design around in typings. It's an ability that definitely isn't as consistent as something like Sheer Force or Tough Claws, but Rivalry has the potential for certain Pokémon to go el Stupido, like Dragon types or Ghost types. Or a Dark type with Fighting coverage can do some serious damage.
Name: Vapor Control
Effect: When this Pokemon enters the battlefield and at the beginning of each turn, if the weather is Sunny, it sets Mist. 1.5x Water power in Sun, ignores Sun's Water halving.
Permanent: No
Mold Breaker: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :cryogonal::gastrodon::glaceon::golduck::swanna::suicune::tapu-fini::vaporeon::volcanion::walrein:
Justification: Sun kinda sucks as a playstyle, and what it really needs are abusers that don't stack weaknesses and bring actual defensive utility to the table. Bulky Waters are the perfect answer to that; the only downside is that Sun weakens Water. But if there were Waters that actually got boosted by Sun, it would become MUCH more effective. This will be an amazing tool for Sun teams, and honestly just for Waters in general if Sun becomes a more common playstyle. Also physical Volc enabler gogogo
:ss/keldeo-resolute::ss/cobalion::ss/terrakion::ss/virizion:
Name: Keldeo / Cobalion / Terrakion / Virizion
Type:
/
/
/

Abilities: Justified (All) - Hydration for Keldeo (if Vapor Control wins give it that instead, if Vapor Shroud wins and Vapor Control doesn't give him THAT)
New Moves: +Vacuum Wave, High Jump Kick, Bulk Up, Aura Sphere (All) | +Brine, Aqua Ring, Life Dew, Signal Beam (Keldeo) | +King's Shield, Doom Desire, Body Press, Reconstruct (Cobalion) | +Accelerock, +Spikes (Terrakion) | +Horn Leech, Power Whip, Spiky Shield, Sleep Powder, Rash Powder
Justification: Swords of Bufftice. Somehow after 9 slates not one of these Pokémon have managed to scrape into OU. These buffs are here to change that. Keldeo gets recovery, priority and.....that is really it. Not much to add to Keldeo to make it also good. Really just waiting on that Vapor Control. Cobalion perhaps is the biggest winner here, receiving Doom Desire and King's Shield to offer crowd control, with Body Press making it hit HARD. Rexonstruct is technically there if you really want it, but the move kinda sucks. Terrakion also gets priority AND Spikes, finally being able to take direct advantage of Concussion nullifying Heavy Duty Boots. Virizion looks like the mon least likely to ever break it into OU, but that means we can have the most fun, giving it some wacky shit like Sleep Powder and Rash Powder and Spiky Shield. How this gets Megahorm and not Horn Leech is an oversight Gamefreak will never recover from. Higher than 90 BP Grass STAB is also very good.
:ss/vaporeon: :ss/flareon: :ss/jolteon: :ss/espeon: :ss/umbreon: :ss/leafeon: :ss/glaceon: :ss/sylveon:
Name: Vaporeon / Flareon / Jolteon / Espeon / Umbreon / Leafeon / Glaceon / Sylveon
Type: You know them
Abilities:
Vaporeon - Water Absorb / Hydration | Power of Alchemy
Flareon - Flash Fire / Fluffy | Power of Alchemy
Jolteon - Volt Absorb / Prickly Coat | Power of Alchemy
Espeon - Analytic / Magic Bounce | Power of Alchemy
Umbreon - Corrosion / Merciless | Power of Alchemy
Leafeon - Leaf Guard / Chlorophyll | Power of Alchemy
Glaceon - Snow Veil / Snow Warning | Power of Alchemy
Sylveon - Natural Cure / Pixilate | Power of Alchemy
New Moves:
Vaporeon - Meltdown, Life Dew, Teleport
Flareon - Fire Lash, Morning Sun, Teleport
Jolteon - Lightning Lance, Spikes, Teleport
Espeon - Focus Blast, Meteor Beam, Teleport
Umbreon - Aggravate, Toxic Spikes, Teleport
Leafeon - Mud Spike, Strength Sap, Teleport
Glaceon - Dazzling Gleam, Calm Mind, Teleport
Sylveon - Moonlight, Lovely Kiss, Teleport
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: I genuinely doubt most of these will be OU viable. Even so, All of these mons have been buffed to the highest degree reasonable.

Vaporeon has the very Epic attacking Soak to fuck over everyone's day and the big recovery to make everyone's day very very sad. If people want I can swap out Life Dew for something else so lower tiers don't run out of bulky waters LMAO.

Flareon has damage dealing Will O Wisp and Fluffy without the drawback! Morning Sun is also a big extender of its longevity. This is great and all, but Flareon will still most likely suck.

Jolteon hilariously has gotten every buff it could ever dream for, so we decided that we will give it Spikes and call it a day.

Espeon appreciates finally being able to touch Steels with Focus Blast, and is now the most random user of Meteor Beam imaginable. Analytic is a very large damage boost too, so it likes that too.

I do not care about Umbreon, I think it sucks. Way too many good Darks are running around to want to use that as your wall. Aggravate making you use Taunt AND Torment if you status something is pretty cool though, so let's finally get a user for that rather meh move. So I gave it Corrosion + Merciless so Aggravate + Toxic Threa d will go hard. Sticky Hold is a bad ability anyway, so this will give Umbreon a "niche" in higher tiers. (Also, can we lower the PP on Toxic Thread? Toxic is such a good move so why is their a super version of it?) Baddy Bad is also a thing.

Just like Umbreon, Leafeon strikes me as avery uninteresting Pokémon. Never the less Sappy Seed and Mudspike shoukd make this quite the potent annoyer / wallbreaker in lower tiers. Shout out to probably the wildest Rototiller user as well.

I wanted to do the whole Ice Body + Snow Warning thing, but I realised that Vanilluxe already does it and probably does it better, so I went with Snow Cloak, because lets be real - this is the only way Snow Cloak will be viable. Outside of that Glaceon pretty much does exacrly what it did in it's lower tier but with higher efficency. Also the mon that will never use it's Eevee move.

Im being honest here, Pixilate + Pastel Veil Sylveon is a reallllly annoying thing to try and face in lower tiers and honestly probably in upper tiers as well, so I made the executive decision to make it Natural Cure instead. Now to the mon in question, perhaps the most viable boy, Sylveon can now be used as a status sponge and as a mon with respectable offensive utility with a strong Hyper Voice. Moonlight isn't perfect but it definitely helps and Lovely Kiss is really because I want something good to use this.

Yay thats them eevee boys vote for them
:sm/skuntank:
Name: Skuntank
Type:

Abilities: Neutralizing Gas / Aftermath / Merciless
New Moves: Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, Gunk Shot, Blaze Kick, Aromatherapy, Bulk Up, Superpower, Parting Shot, Strength Sap
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: Guzzlord would've been my preferred choice for a Dark NGas mon, but I'll take this I guess. However, because it's Skuntank, it needs a lot of help to even be the nichest of niche, especially with Magmortar and GWeezing existing. This Skuntank looks to be an option for an offensive utility pivot or stallbreaker, the former of which neither of the other NGasers can't do (unless you run TPort Magmortar for some reason). To do this, Skuntank can leverage its superb defensive typing, which lets Skuntank live a lot longer than it otherwise could in combination with NGas, and its endless barrel of utility with Knock Off, Defog, Will-O-Wisp, Aromatherapy, and Haze, while pivoting out with Parting Shot and healing with Strength Sap. Skuntank can also take offensive roles with a decent offensive typing, STABs in Knock Off and Gunk Shot, priority in Sucker Punch and Poison Dart, and coverage in Blaze Kick and Superpower, and either Swords Dance to be more immediately threatening or Bulk Up to annoy slower mons. Bulk Up is particularly nice for stallbreaking, since NGas lets Skuntank ignore Unaware, so something like Bulk Up/Sap/Taunt or Sub/Aggravate or Knock could be a pain for stall.

And that's it!
Now we'll start the last (probably less than) 24 hour Distribution/Discussion Phase. During this phase, you can discuss what mons should and shouldn't get the newly added moves and abilities. The council will use your feedback and create a final list. After that, the next submission phase will start immediately.

It's recommended that you use the Discord to discuss distribution (in #distribution-discussion), though you can use this thread as well. See you there!

After that, we have big announcements for where the mod will go moving forward! Submissions may have ended, but I assure, we are just getting started and I hope you stay along for the ride!

Well, my only real working computer (besides my phone) has finally stopped exploding so that I can actually use it, and all I needed to do was semi-intentionally crash it to force it to chkdsk for six hours. Yay....

Anyway, here are my votes. Difficult like always despite there being far fewer items for this last Slate, but I've made my choices finally:

1. Grav Apple & Apple Acid [adjustments] (Self-Vote)
2. Smother
3. Belch [adjustment]
4. Ancient Power / Silver Wind / Ominous Wind / Magical Leaf [adjustments]
5. Synchronoise [adjustment]
6. Brain Crush / Bone Crush

1. Sacred Ropes (Self-Vote)
2. megaspoopy000's Adrenaline Orb [adjustment]
3. Big Root [adjustment]
4. Bluk Berry / Hondew Berry / Pinap Berry / Pomeg Berry / Qualot Berry / Tomato Berry [adjustments]
5. Cleanse Tag [adjustment]
6. Assault Armor

1. Corrosion [adjustment] (Self-Vote)
2. Perseverance (Self-Vote)
3. Dancer [adjustment]
4. Vapor Control
5. "More Silvally Buffs" {uh, what is this actually called? "RKS System" still? Because if we're allowed another name, then I totally vote for "Memory Remains"}
6. Mysterious Fog

1. Duraludon (Self-Vote)
2. Flapple & Appletun (Self-Vote)
3. G-Luke's Eeveelutions
4. Kecleon
5. Absol-Mega
6. Braviary

R.I.P. at my votes (and Gen 8 mons and Misty Terrain's monoply ending and...) since Smogon, for like the first time ever, didn't notify me that something had been posted while I was typing things up, so I just assumed I was on time until I checked back now. Ugh. That's what I get for waiting despite the computer troubles. Going to leave the above monument to failure just because it would screw things up a bit if I deleted it; it's also funnier that way. Still, sorry for the double post, Yoshiblaze.

Anyway, congrats to the (other) winners despite officially missing the final vote, especially G-Luke--geez. I'm pretty glad about everything that won, so it feels nice to leave off the actual votes like this even with more testing and I imagine slight changes ahead if nothing else, e.g. I wouldn't be surprised if Sacred Ropes is underwhelming without the Leftovers healing I ended up leaving off out of caution.

Anyway, here's my distribution phase suggestions (provided my computer lets me get it on time unlike the above):

1. Smother: Oh, thank gods. A 100% accurate physical Fairy move that :mimikyu: can use. Whee. Beaf Cultist's suggestions already cover a lot, and the move is potentially rather powerful, so the only additional things I would suggest are some of the more amorphous mons like :muk: I guess, though that one technically falls under the "huggy mons" given the anime.

2. The Empress's New Grooves: I've only a few additional suggestions to Ema Skye's here: that :meloetta: should obviously get at least one of these, that giving Moonlit Waltz to :malamar: might be nice even though that obviously plays terribly with Contrary, and that giving Sky Soiree in addition to Petal Dance (how does it not already get this?) to :shaymin: likely would be fine, especially if we felt like nerfed :shaymin-sky: is still too underwhelming.

3. Shadow Punch: Huh. I'm a bit surprised this won even though I guess it was the most appealing of my last moves given Ghost's weird place still on the physical side of the spectrum. Beyond the mons I already suggested and like :banette:, I don't think we should give it too many more things at once, if only because of "smacks you through Substitute" part. Nice to see Mimikyu ended up getting boosted at least twice in the last Slate though. Makes me feel better about Nightlight Ball winning.

4. The Let's Go Eeveelution Moves: These are all such weird moves that I'm legitimately torn between suggesting we don't give them to anything else and suggesting we give them to at least a few other things just because some of them are too nice to be left on just Eeveelutions, even with the buffs--looking at you, Freezy Frost. Still, since I tend to err on the side of caution, I'll go with the former even if I won't be mad if the latter happens (especially for mons in other sets that might make sense, *cough*:articuno:*cough*).

5. Optimistic: Oh hey, my antithesis. Rather difficult to distribution even it's potential power, but I think we can throw at least :braviary: a bone with this. That or :staraptor:. Maybe both even though that would just cause :braviary: to get outshone again by "UUBL: the mon". Only other thing that I could see giving it to is maybe :sceptile-mega: since its Leaf Storm would still be less obnoxious than Serperior and since it doesn't get Draco Meteor.

6. Rivalry: No real ideas here, sorry. I will say, however, that giving it at least one Steel mon--:escavalier:?--as well as a Fairy mon seems like it would be a good idea given how ubiquitous those types end up being in team compositions.

7. Vapor Control: A cool ability--pun not intended--that I'm glad won but am a bit torn giving to Tapu Fini since that stupid thing is already everywhere. Beyond that, I figure that we should give it to at least one of Water mons that gets Rapid Spin (that isn't Gyarados-Mega) if we're really trying to buff Sun. Maybe regular :gyarados:, :starmie: or :tentacruel: then? I guess also :cloyster: over Shell Armor? Shrug.

8. Sand Veil: If we're trying to diversify the types of mons that can exist on non-Rain teams, then as much as I've meme'd about us perhaps giving it too much at the start, :melmetal: seems an ideal candidate for this. We should probably give to a few other Steel mons and maybe even a Water mon too though, like :golisopod: or one of the other crustacean mons that would be on a sandy beach.

9. Snow Cloak: As above, in trying to diversify types during weathers, I could see giving this to at least :volcanion: in addition to the above Vapor Control. Makes sense to me given snow is just water for it to turn into steam really. As far as Fairy mons go, I could see giving it to at least :florges: and :slurpuff:. Could also giving to a Ghost mon, but unfortunately Mimikyu can't take it and we've changed Jellicent's abilities like...half a dozen times already, so I'm at a loss beyond giving it (back) to :froslass:, probably over Ice Body given that thing's utter lack of longevity. Giving it to another Ghost mon would be nice though. Shrug.

Am I on time for once?

EDIT: I guess if we're also maybe giving Sand Veil to "beachy" mons to make it slightly more expansive, then we could totally give it to :exeggutor-alola: without breaking anything, especially since the Exeggutors have weirdly mediocre SpD still.

Last edited:
Same sort of deal as before, we got distribution done early, so if you guys have any objections, then just let us know within the next 24 hours!

Results:
Smother: :Alcremie::Alomomola::Altaria::Ambipom::Audino::Azumarill::Bewear::Chansey::Cinccino::Clefable::Diggersby::Dubwool::Electivire::Florges::Garbodor::Gardevoir::Gastrodon::Goodra::Granbull::Grapploct::Greedent::Grimmsnarl::Guzzlord::Hariyama::Hatterene::Hawlucha::Honchkrow::Incineroar::Kangaskhan::Lopunny::Mantine::Miltank::Mimikyu::Muk::Muk-Alola::Nidoqueen::Regigigas::Sandaconda::Seviper::Slaking::Slurpuff::Snorlax::Swalot::Tangrowth::Throh::Togekiss::Wailord::Wigglytuff::Zygarde::Milotic::Purugly::Jellicent::Dragonite::Arbok::Lickilicky:

Shadow Punch: Old Distribution + :Crabominable::Pangoro::Hoopa::Mimikyu::Hitmonchan::Medicham::Toxicroak:

Snowman Jazz: :Snover::Mr. Mime-Galar::Smoochum::Darumaka-Galar::Snorunt::Frosmoth::Spinda::Glaceon::Lotad::Cryogonal::Crabominable::Castform::Brionne::Meloetta::oricorio:

Fiery Dance: Old Distribution + :Salazzle::Torchic::Victini::Pansear::Darumaka::Braixen::Spinda::Flareon::Marowak-Alola::Cherrim::Bellossom::Solgaleo::Meloetta:

Moonlit Waltz: :impidimp::nuzleaf::spinda::zorua::sneasel::morelull::oddish::umbreon::teddiursa::clefairy::cresselia::darkrai::lunala::lunatone::Meloetta::Primarina::Cacnea::Dustox::Frosmoth::Volbeat::illumise::Venomoth::oricorio:

Petal Dance: Old Distribution + :pansage::lotad::spinda::leafeon::psyduck::pichu::igglybuff::cleffa::smoochum::mime jr::meloetta::kirlia::shaymin::steenee::hoppip::oricorio:

Sky Soiree: :swablu::chatot::oricorio::delibird::spinda::ducklett::meloetta::pidove::pidgey::pikipek::beautifly::vivillon::butterfree::masquerain::mothim::swoobat::togekiss::shaymin::vespiquen::ledian::woobat::castform::hoppip:

LGPE Moves: Their respective Eeveelution
Vapor Control: :Cryogonal: :Gastrodon:(replaces Sand Force) :Golduck:(replaces Cloud Nine) :Swanna:(replaces Keen Eye) :Volcanion: :Walrein:(replaces Oblivious) :Floatzel: :Keldeo:(replaces Hydration) :Cloyster:(replaces Shell Armor)

Optimistic: :Pyroar:(replaces Unnerve) :Exeggutor-Alola:(replaces Overclock) :Turtonator: :Simisear: :Crobat: :Lilligant:(replaces Own Tempo) :Noivern:(replaces Telepathy) :Meloetta::Meloetta-Pirouette: :Shiftry:(replaces Early Bird) :Sunflora:(replaces Solar Power) :Sceptile-Mega:(replaces Lightning Rod) :Braviary:(replaces Overclock)

Rivalry: Old Distribution + :Zangoose: :Seviper:(replaces Shed Skin) :Salamence: :Girafarig:(replaces Early Bird) :Fearow: :Tauros:(replaces Anger Point) :Haxorus:(replaces Unnerve) :Honedge::Doublade: :Lucario:(replaces Justified) :Basculin::Basculin-Blue-Striped:(replaces Mold Breaker) :Simisage:

Snow Cloak: Old Distribution + :Arctovish:(replaces Ice Body) :Sneasel::Weavile:(replaces Pickpocket) :Darmanitan-Galar:

Sand Veil: Old Distribution + :Carbink: :Diancie: :Stakataka: :Shuckle:(replaces Gluttony)

With the above distribution, we also decided to add in a couple changes that likely won't effect viability that much, but it's stuff that people wanted:
-:xurkitree:Xurkitree gains Counterfeit as a Hidden Ability - Xurkitree was now the only UB without a Hidden Ability after Kartana got Rivalry and Stakataka got Sand Veil, so we wanted to make things right
- :froslass:Froslass gains Merciless, replacing Cursed Body - People wanted this, so sure why not, have MerciLass
- :kartana:EDIT: We decided that Rivalry Kartana would've been broken so it got Light Power instead cuz I gave into peer pressure lol

And we're not done, as we've got a couple buffs and a nerf!:
- :muk-alola:The Alolan Grimer line regains Knock Off - People have been clamoring for this ever since we took Regenerator away from Muk-A and I lowkey just kept forgetting to do this, so here you go. Aggravate did recently spring up as a cool option paired with Poison Touch, so this does damper that a bit, but no one's stopping you from still using Aggravate
- :corsola-galar:Ghost-type Curse now leeches HP from the target again, but any Ghost-type with over 75 Speed loses it - The Curse nerf did prove to be effective, but it turned out to be a bit too effective, so let's try this idea. Cutting its distribution keeps it away from dumb stuff like Dragapult and Blacephalon while giving stuff liek Mega Sableye and Runerigus a cool defensive option. Click here to see what's losing it.
- :decidueye:Cursed Belt now boosts the user's moves by 1.2x instead of 1.3x - Like I said in my latest discussion post, Cursed Belt wasn't really "broken" but it proved to give a way higher reward than the risk then we anticipated, so we figure that it'll be healthier if the boost was a little below Life Orb's. The item should still be viable, as now taking Life Orb chip is huge for setup sweepers, but the nerf also opens the door for setup sweepers to consider using other stuff, most notably Soul Blade

So, now that submissions for JolteMons are over, what comes next? Well, now is what I hope will be the fun part, tier developments! For the rest of this mod, our goal is to create a fun OU metagame as well as lower tier metagames, much like SylveMons, but even better. This journey will start as soon as slate 10 is made live, which I will try to get done today. For this period, you're encouraged to playtest as much as you want, seeing how the meta is, telling council about stupid stuff, and hopefully having fun. Then at the end of the week, we will have a roomtour (usually on Saturday) and council will vote on the issues brought to us (particularly big issues may get nerfed before the end of the week, however).

For OU, this cycle will start this week, with a roomtour on Sunday, February 20th, with the development of the OU metagame lasting 3 weeks, which should give us enough information to create an official UU Tier. This cycle will also include weekly VR updates, starting on the Sunday. After UU is created, the same sort of thing will continue (possibly with biweekly roomtours instead) for about a month before we move on to RU and so on

I hope you enjoy the future development of JolteMons, as I'm very excited to see what the future will hold!

Last edited:
The first roomtour of our playtesting cycle will be tomorrow at ~4 PM EST! In anticipation of that, here's a discussion post and a couple updates!

Discussion Post:
:sm/regigigas:
Regigigas @ Sacred Ropes
Ability: Slow Start [Becomes Thick Fat]
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch
Regigigas is a weird Pokemon. It has insane stats and all the coverage in the world, making it a great bulky attacker with a decent Speed tier, something that most bulky attackers don't have, so Regigigas is good, but it has some glaring flaws that make it a little flawed. First, its pure Normal-typing is tragically bad for a mon like Regigigas, giving it a nuclear Return, but not as much damage on its endless coverage. Not to mention, it gets chipped down quickly since it lacks recovery outside of Reconstruct or Drain Punch (or Rest ig), so not having any resistances does not help with that. Second, despite its bottomless supply of coverage, most of those moves are rather unimpressive. Return/Knock Off/Earthquake hits almost everything it wants, so it has the same kind of reverse 4MSS that Mega Beedrill has, though not as extreme. Ice Punch hits Lando and Gliscor harder and Fire Punch hits Corviknight and Ferrothorn, though 90% of the time you're probably just spamming Return and Knock Off and outside of those two punches, Regigigas doesn't have much else. So, with all that said, Regigigas is good but nothing crazy. It competes a ton with Mega Lopunny and Mega Kangaskhan as an offensive Normal-type, but it doesn't take up the Mega slot and it's actually good, unlike Meloetta-Pirouette who faces the same problem. Speaking of Megas, Regigigas is kinda like using a 2nd Mega, with its insane stats but having no item slot, so if you ever wanna use Mega Kangaskhan without using up the Mega slot and don't mind missing out on double Power-Up Punch or priority, then Regigigas is perfect for you.

:sm/medicham-mega:
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Sky Uppercut
- Shadow Punch
- Fake Out
Zen Headbutt is probably a better option because of Toxapex's existence, but Shadow Punch is a funny way to hit the Ghosts immune to its two Fighting moves while giving Medicham a little insurance against burn. Mega Gallade is still better, but this is something

:sm/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Vapor Control
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Arid Absorption
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Arid Absorption
- Liquidation
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
funny arid mon now has both of its STABs boosted by the same weather, which is super funny

And that's actually all I'll put in "The Good" for now, as already good stuff didn't get buffed much by this slate and most things are like right on the precipice between "Niche" and "Good", though future meta developments could easily prove me wrong
:sm/cobalion:
I have no idea what Cobalion runs after the buffs, but I think it easily has the most potential out of everything I'll put in this section. After getting the ridiculously good Unimpressed last slate, new toys in Bulk Up, King's Shield, Body Press, abd even Doom Desire along with its great typing and stats should make Cobalion a great bulky pivot, either offensively or defensively, so I encourage people to experiment with Cobalion in particular

:sm/terrakion:
Terrakion @ Cursed Belt
Ability: Concussion
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Accelerock
Terrakion honestly has a good argument to go into "The Good" cuz Accelerock is pretty huge for it, letting it snipe stuff like Koko, GDarm-Zen, and Dragapult if weakened, and Spikes is a fun option as well. Not much else to say about it, Concussion from a couple slates ago is cool too, I guess.

:sm/sceptile-mega:
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow [Becomes Optimistic]
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Synthesis
Mega Sceptile still has a lot of its Mega Sceptile problems, like 0 coverage outside of Focus Blast and being on the weaker side when it comes to Megas, but not having to switch out after using Leaf Storm is so nice for it, making it more threatening for a longer time. Mega Sceptile's ridiculous 145 Speed stat is also amazing for it, revenge killing Dragapult and Zeraora and everything slower, and tying with Mega Beedrill in a pinch, so if you need Speed control, you could do a lot worse. You could also try a Swords Dance + drawbackless Scale Shot set, but I wouldn't recommend it considering its low Attack and Garchomp/Haxorus doing it better

:sm/keldeo:
Keldeo @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Flip Turn
- Aurora Beam
Sun Horse goes hard. Hydro Pump is so super hard to switch into in Sun and Sun teams appreciate being able to use a Water-type, diversifying their offensive profile. It's still walled forever by Tapu Fini and Toxapex, but that's the part when you Flip Turn out to Venusaur. Calm Mind Keldeo is also a bit more interesting now that it gets Life Dew (CM/Taunt/Dew/Scald oh god), and Vacuum Wave is a funny priority option

:sm/shaymin-sky:
Shaymin-Sky @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Sky Soiree
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish
You know Shaymin-Sky wishes that it had Serene Grace so badly right now. Still, it's a straight upgrade to Air Slash and is pretty devious when paired with Seed Flare

:sm/mimikyu:
Mimikyu @ Nightlight Ball
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
Yet another Mimikyu buff, with Shadow Punch actually being super nice for it, giving it a little extra oomph on its Ghost STAB and making it not doomed against Scalds, which was one of the best ways to stop a Mimikyu sweep before it started. Very cool mon

:sm/sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Sylveon) [Effects of Natural Cure and Pixilate]
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice / Sparkly Swirl
- Moonlight / Wish
- Lovely Kiss
- Teleport
Pretty much all the Eeveelution are set to be low tier heroes, though I think Sylveon gets the closest to cracking OU, with the main thing keeping it down being competition with Tapu Fini, Cresselia, and especially Clefable. Lovely Kiss is a neat option to spread sleep, Teleport is amazing for keeping momentum, and Sparkly Swirl makes being a cleric not waste a moveslot (though it can miss), all super nice traits for a bulky Fairy
:sm/lucario:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Rivalry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Meteor Mash
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
I'm probably overrating this by putting it at the top of this section, but Rivalry is super nice when Corviknight exists:
252 Atk Life Orb Rivalry Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Corviknight: 222-263 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(For reference, without Rivalry, CC does 49% max)
ESpeed also straight up OHKOs Mega Lopunny and Mega Gallade after a Swords Dance. Still held back by poor Speed and getting stopped by Lando and Wishiwashi, but it's potentially usable

:sm/vaporeon:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Vaporeon) [Effects of Water Absorb and Hydration]
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Life Dew
- Toxic
- Teleport
Will never compete with the incumbent bulky Waters, but TPort on a bulky Water is just objectively good

:sm/meloetta:
Meloetta @ Shell Bell
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fiery Dance
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
funny serene grace fiery dance. Also, it's kinda sad that this form is probably just better than Pirouette now, isn't it

:sm/meloetta-pirouette:
Meloetta @ Relic Charm
Ability: Optimistic
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Speaking of Pirouette, it has a drawbackless Close Combat now, which is something, I guess. It'll never be able to overcome being a much worse Mega Lopunny that's outsped by Tapu Koko, though, just wait for UU

:sm/noivern:
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Roost / Flamethrower / Defog
- U-turn
Go drop some Dracos. Right now

:sm/floatzel:
Floatzel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Flip Turn
- Switcheroo
Floatzel used to just be a bootleg Barraskewda with Switcheroo, but now it gets to be a bootleg Barraskewda but in the Sun. Keldeo and Volcanion are usually far better choices for your Vapor Control, but Floatzel isn't completely useless, other than against the untrickable Wishiwashi. Also, it's the only Vapor Control user with Rapid Spin or Defog that isn't weak to Stealth Rock, so if you really need another hazard remover on your Sun team, well there you go

:sm/skuntank:
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Parting Shot
Yeah, I don't know what this really does yet, but something like this seems devilishly effective, or effectively annoying. I can also imagine it having fun with Swords Dance

:sm/phione:
Phione @ Seawater Bead
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Life Dew
- Knock Off / Toxic
- U-turn
Seawater Bead can't be Knocked Off, so Phione just gets a free Eviolite for the entire game, making it super bulky, pairing perfectly with it getting Life Dew previously, so it should be a fun defensive pivot wherever it ends up

:sm/toxicroak:
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Acidic Fists
- Sky Uppercut
- Arid Absorption
- Shadow Punch
We buffed Toxicroak every slate, therefore JolteMons is a perfect Pet Mod

:sm/hitmonchan:
Hitmonchan (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Acidic Fists
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch / Drain Punch / Enchanted Punch
Forget Melmetal, this is a real man's Iron Fist mon

:sm/flareon:
Flareon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Flareon) [Effects of Flash Fire and Fluffy]
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sizzly Slide
- Morning Sun
- Teleport
- Heal Bell / Fire Lash / Roar
Aight, this is just a war crime. Where ever it ends up, physical attackers are gonna hate it

:sm/seviper:
Seviper @ Life Orb
Ability: Rivalry
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Poison Dart
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Merciless is better on this, but I do find it mildly funny that Rivalry-boosted EQ is just 0.4% away from having a chance to OHKO Toxapex

:sm/umbreon:
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Umbreon) [Effects of Corrosion and Merciless]
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aggravate
- Toxic Thread
- Teleport
- Moonlight
Everybody gangsta til the Umbreon starts Teleportin

:sm/simisear:
Simisear @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Focus Blast / Superpower
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
Finally, validation for me being the only Simisear fan in the world

:sm/leafeon:
Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Leafeon) [Effects of Leaf Guard and Chlorophyll]
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sappy Seed
- Strength Sap
- Teleport
- Knock Off
forget what I said about Flareon, THIS is a lower tier war crime. Can also do cool things with Swords Dance or Rototiller with newfound access to Mud Spike

:sm/braviary:
Braviary (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Roost
Curse Optimisitc Crobat is also funny, but with both Curse and Close Combat/Superpower (functionally the same, but CC is better in case you get NGassed, Core Enforcered, or Wandering Spirited), Braviary is a hilarious Optimisitc abuser. It's too slow to effectively abuse this in higher tiers, so watch out for this in lower tiers

:sm/glaceon:
Glaceon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Glaceon) [Effects of Snow Cloak and Snow Warning]
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Meltdown
- Hidden Power Fire / Dazzling Gleam
- Freeze-Dry
Glaceon should be really fun in lower tiers, with Snow Warning and a free Life Orb boost on its STABs and Meltdown (and Gleam), making up for it being forced to run Boots. Basically a bootleg Specs Kyurem. Will have to compete with Vanilluxe in lower tiers, though

:sm/virizion:
Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- High Jump Kick
Not nearly as good as its brethren, but Virizion having a fast Sleep Powder with set up moves and Spiky Shield is fun

:sm/espeon:
Espeon @ Power Herb
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Espeon) [Effects of Analytic and Magic Bounce]
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Meteor Beam
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
The least crazy of the new Eeveelutions, but Meteor Beam and Focus Blast are two giant buffs for Espeon, so it should be fun low tier sweeper that might not even be useless in OU on a PsySpam team or something

:sm/turtonator:
Turtonator @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Overheat
- Draco Meteor
- Scorching Sands
I haven't done it yet, but someone's getting swept by this one day

:sm/jolteon:
Jolteon @ Shell Bell / Focus Sash
Ability: Power of Alchemy (Jolteon) [Effects of Volt Absorb and Prickly Coat]
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Aurora Beam
- Volt Switch / Spikes
- Buzzy Buzz
The final state of our mascot and it's honestly way better than it is in vanilla. While it's still outclassed by Koko, Zeraora, and now Raikou, the addition of Spikes, Aurora Beam, and Buzzy Buzz at least make it a lot more interesting, giving Jolteon the potential to be the premier lower tier Electric-type. It'll have to compete with Mega Manectric and Raichu down there, but I like its chances
New Resource that needs YOUR help!:
If you haven't seen it already, I posted a new JolteMons Resource in the SylveMons Resource thread a couple days ago: Good Cores. This will be a great tool for teambuilding ,giving people a nice foundation to build their team around. However, I'm just one man and I haven't played around with everything, so with this specific resource, I'll need help from people like YOU! You can contribute to the post by giving me cores to put in it, telling me either in the SylveMons Resources thread, this thread, or on Discord. Below I put some good Pokémon that I'm specifically looking for cores for. Any help is greatly appreciated!
:wishiwashi-school:Wishiwashi
:melmetal:Melmetal
:darmanitan-galar-zen:Galarian Darmanitan-Zen
:dragapult:Dragapult
:greninja-ash:Ash Greninja
:mawile-mega:Mega Mawile
:scizor-mega:Mega Scizor
:kartana:Kartana
:alomomola:Alomomola
:weavile:Weavile and/or any other Pursuit user
:zarude-dada:Zarude-Dada
:zapdos:Zapdos
:eelektross:Eelektross
:gyarados-mega:Mega Gyarados
:terrakion:Terrakion
:empoleon:Empoleon
:nidoking:Nidoking
:goodra:Goodra
:cinderace:Cinderace
:tornadus-therian:Tornadus-Therian
:blacephalon:Blacephalon
:gastrodon:Gastrodon
:houndoom-mega:Mega Houndoom
:charizard-mega-y:Mega Charizard Y
:sceptile-mega:Mega Sceptile
:victini:Victini
:regigigas:Regigigas
:muk-alola:Alolan Muk
:celesteela:Celesteela
:ampharos-mega:Mega Ampharos
:jirachi:Jirachi
:kyurem:Kyurem
:ferrothorn:Ferrothorn
:sableye-mega:Stall Cores in general
Future Tiering:
Lastly, this is just a reminder to please let the council know about anything that you believe could be broken, as this playtesting phase is here to do just that! I already have a couple things in mind that could be concerning but nothing jumps out as being some broken that they ruin the meta right now, so if you've noticed anything that I haven't, then please let us know!

That's all for now, see you tomorrow for the roomtour!

And the first tournament of our OU playtesting period has concluded! Let's see what happened!

Tour 1 - JolteMons OU - Double Elimination - 6 Entrants
1st
: VoolPool
2nd: Yoshiblaze
3rd: Superior Serperior
4th: zxgzxg
JolteMons Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon            | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Empoleon           |    4 |  22.22% |  50.00% |
| 2    | Mimikyu            |    3 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Vikavolt           |    3 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Nidoking           |    3 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Togekiss           |    3 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Volcanion          |    3 |  16.67% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Landorus-Therian   |    3 |  16.67% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Torkoal            |    3 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 2    | Venusaur           |    3 |  16.67% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Blacephalon        |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Terrakion          |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Garchomp           |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Gyarados           |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 10   | Primarina          |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Dragapult          |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Corviknight        |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Moltres-Galar      |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Tapu Lele          |    2 |  11.11% |  50.00% |
| 10   | Keldeo             |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Chandelure         |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Gliscor            |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Haxorus            |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Gallade            |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 10   | Charizard          |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Zapdos             |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Sceptile           |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Regigigas          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Braviary           |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Galvantula         |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Gardevoir          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Bisharp            |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Breloom            |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Buzzwole           |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Aegislash          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Weavile            |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Volcarona          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Rotom-Mow          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Zarude-Dada        |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Celesteela         |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Rhyperior          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Tangrowth          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Crobat             |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Beedrill           |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Magnezone          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Hydreigon          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Piloswine          |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Kyurem             |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Wormadam-Sandy     |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Blissey            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Melmetal           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Virizion           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Latias             |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Raichu-Alola       |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Tapu Koko          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Kartana            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Turtonator         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Orbeetle           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Uxie               |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Toxapex            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Ferrothorn         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Glaceon            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Nihilego           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Corsola-Galar      |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Zapdos-Galar       |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Muk-Alola          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Hatterene          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Darmanitan-Galar   |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Infernape          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Leafeon            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Floatzel           |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Krookodile         |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Vileplume          |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Lopunny            |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Raikou             |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
+ ---- + ----------------------- + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Leads                   | Use  | Usage % |  Win %  |
| 1    | Vikavolt                |    2 |  11.11% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Charizard               |    2 |  11.11% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Blacephalon             |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Dragapult               |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Weavile                 |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Togekiss                |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Volcarona               |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Tapu Lele               |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Hydreigon               |    1 |   5.56% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Torkoal                 |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Blissey                 |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Empoleon                |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Toxapex                 |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Nihilego                |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Keldeo                  |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |
| 3    | Lopunny                 |    1 |   5.56% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways:
- This tournament could be described in 3 ways: Sun, Webs, and Empoleon
- The recently buffed Sun was super common, though it only won 1 game, it had a fighting chance in most of the games it was used in
- Webs dominated this tournament, with Buzz Off Vikavolt shining as a sturdy Webs setter with hard to beat slow pivoting. While I wouldn't call it broken and thus it very likely won't get nerfed, if any tiering decisions happened explicitly because of this tournament, it would be something about Buzz Off (except maybe Curse Aegislash, letting it keep Curse was a mistake lol, but that had more proof before the tournament)
- Speaking of Webs, Mimikyu is a terrifying sweeper on Webs, posing a huge threat in every game it was used in
- Empoleon shined as a premier special wall with its access to pivoting, amazing typing, and insane bulk with Unimpressed. Empoleon was probably the biggest reason why Sun didn't do that well, though Mega Gyarados also had a big showing and it mildly annoys Sun as well
- All the S Tiers had, like, no usage
- Lots of weird mons got uses, including Braviary, Crobat, Leafeon, Piloswine, Orbeetle, Turtonator, and a lot more, showing that people were very willing to experiment in this tournament

Now that this tournament's done, you can head on over to the JolteMons Discord where we'll work on updating the Viability Rankings for the first time since Slate 5! Hope to see you there!

I think a couple more tours should happen before a full VR upscaling imo
I 100% see where you're coming from, but I wanna do this now to make teambuilding for future tournaments much easier combined with me updating the role compendium soon and adding stuff to the Good Cores post, which will hopefully allow more people to enter future tournaments with better teams. This is especially important to me right now as the VR is horrifically outdated and feels like a detriment to teambuilding if anything, which is the last thing you want in a SylveMons mod. This VR update will be more like a rough draft, as we'll update the VR after next week's roomtour and the update the week after that will be the fully polished version

Alright, the first of 3 VR Updates of OU's playtesting period is here! Well, actually, we're calling it a Viability List now to reinforce that this is a rough draft of what's viable, a draft that'll be finalized in two weeks when the last update of the playtesting period occurs. This'll hopefully act as a good guide for teambuilding for the coming weeks, in addition to the Good Cores post and the Role Compendium (which I'll update some time this week), which will hopefully lead to better teams do give us better data for the future!

Rises:
:gallade-mega:Gallade-Mega - B+ to A
:magnezone:Magnezone - B+ to A-
:zapdos-galar:Zapdos-Galar - B+ to A-
:corviknight:Corviknight - B to B+
:gyarados-mega:Gyarados-Mega - B to B+
:gourgeist:Gourgeist-Small - B to A-
:krookodile:Krookodile - B- to B
:volcanion:Volcanion - C to B
:gardevoir-mega:Gardevoir-Mega - C to B-
:slowbro-mega:Slowbro-Mega - C to B-
:torkoal:Torkoal - C to B-
:venusaur:Venusaur - C to B-

Drops:
:uxie:Uxie - S- to B+
:raichu-alola:Raichu-Alola - A to C
:medicham-mega:Medicham-Mega - A- to B+
:magneton:Magneton - C to UR
:tentacruel:Tentacruel - C to UR
:zarude:Zarude - C to UR

New:
:Cresselia:Cresselia - UR to A
:darmanitan-galar-zen:Darmanitan-Galar-Zen - UR to A
:celesteela:Celesteela - UR to A-
:nidoking:Nidoking - UR to A-
:zarude-dada:Zarude-Dada - UR to A-
:beedrill-mega:Beedrill-Mega - UR to B+
:empoleon:Empoleon - UR to B+
:mimikyu:Mimikyu - UR to B+
:primarina:Primarina - UR to B+
:aegislash:Aegislash - UR to B
:goodra:Goodra - UR to B
:kangaskhan-mega:Kangaskhan-Mega - UR to B
:muk-alola:Muk-Alola - UR to B
:runerigus:Runerigus - UR to B
:terrakion:Terrakion - UR to B
:keldeo:Keldeo - UR to B-
:eelektross:Eelektross - UR to B-
:raikou:Raikou - UR to B-
:regigigas:Regigigas - UR to B-
:heracross-mega:Heracross-Mega to C
:marowak:Marowak - UR to C
:sceptile-mega:Sceptile-Mega - UR to C
:snorlax:Snorlax - UR to C
:venusaur-mega:Venusaur-Mega - UR to C
:vikavolt:Vikavolt - UR to C

If anyone has any objections to these listings, then please let me know, as I can make small adjustments throughout the week. With that, I'll see you next week on Saturday at 4 PM EST for the next roomtour and VL Update! Be sure to play a few games during the week to test new stuff and gather more information!

The second tournament of this playtesting cycle has concluded! Let's see what happened!

Tour 2 - JolteMons OU - Double Elimination - 6 Entrants
1st
: earl
2nd: Superior Serperior
3rd: Ema Skye
4th: Moretto
JolteMons Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Landorus-Therian   |    9 |  45.00% |  66.67% |
| 2    | Greninja           |    8 |  40.00% |  62.50% |
| 3    | Tapu Koko          |    5 |  25.00% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Terrakion          |    5 |  25.00% |  60.00% |
| 5    | Vikavolt           |    4 |  20.00% |  75.00% |
| 5    | Decidueye          |    4 |  20.00% |  75.00% |
| 5    | Bisharp            |    4 |  20.00% |  75.00% |
| 5    | Pelipper           |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Eelektross         |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Swampert           |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Volcanion          |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Ferrothorn         |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Volcarona          |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Gyarados           |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Zapdos-Galar       |    3 |  15.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Medicham           |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Guzzlord           |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Slowbro            |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Melmetal           |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 16   | Zarude-Dada        |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Empoleon           |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Garchomp           |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Dhelmise           |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Muk-Alola          |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Wishiwashi         |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 16   | Darmanitan         |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Alakazam           |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Alomomola          |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Krookodile         |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 16   | Blissey            |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Goodra             |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Moltres-Galar      |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Buzzwole           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Rotom-Mow          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Celesteela         |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Rhyperior          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 31   | Weavile            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Gliscor            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Chesnaught         |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Kyurem             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Reuniclus          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Blacephalon        |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Tapu Lele          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Corviknight        |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Tangrowth          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Regigigas          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Infernape          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Toxapex            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Clefable           |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Diancie            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 31   | Starmie            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| 1    | Pelipper                |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 2    | Landorus-Therian        |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 2    | Wishiwashi              |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Moltres-Galar           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Tapu Koko               |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Medicham                |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Greninja                |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Swampert                |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Celesteela              |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Zarude-Dada             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Zapdos-Galar            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Darmanitan              |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Kyurem                  |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Blacephalon             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Infernape               |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Vikavolt                |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways
- People got mad at people for using Sun, so they used Rain instead heh. (In all seriousness, Rain did do way better than Sun did last tournament, showing that Rain might still be better)
- Webs were still quite effective, with one player making a huge losers run because of them
- Landorus is on top of the usage stats, showing how the more things change, the more they stay the same
- Medicham had a great showing while Gallade was MIA, must've taken offense to dropping on the VR
- The only thing that topped the usage stats last time that had a big presence here were Vikavolt and Landorus
- Mega Gyarados is finally starting to show its true potential
- COAL ENGINE GUZZLORD
- Dhelmise!

But wait, there's more! We decided to do one balance change after the results of the first couple tournaments:
- :vikavolt: Buzz Off will be removed from Vikavolt and Galvantula (Galvantula gets Swarm back and Vikavolt gains Scavenge) - Alright, we finally bit the bullet on Buzz Off. Buzz Off has been probably the most polarizing thing in the meta since we nerfed the Booms and Mega Beedrill, entirely because of the combination of Sticky Web and Buzz Off. However, Buzz Off was mostly seen as an annoying but fair buff to a terrible playstyle in Webs when people were using it with Galvantula. However, we're doing this now because of the discovery of how ridiculously good Vikavolt is at abusing this combo, slow pivoting with Sticky Web into threats like Terrakion, putting the opponent in an extremely 'sticky' situation. This plus the argument that unpunishable Webs are inherently uncompetitive have made us decide that we should get rid of it on Vikavolt, as well as Galvantula because it's better to be safe than sorry. However, we chose to only nerf its distribution instead of making it only work on status moves for 2 reasons: 1. We didn't want to completely kill the playstyle and 2. The other Webs options are Leavanny and Ariados, who I don't think are gonna end the world or anything, at least not in OU. However, if Leavanny ends up being just as toxic as Vikavolt was, then we'll 100% look at completely removing Buzz Off + Webs before next week's roomtour

The council also has our eyes on Curse Aegislash, Celesteela, and Mega Gallade (the former moreso than the latter 2) for possible nerfs before next week's roomtour, so if you have any opinions on them or anything else, then be sure to let us know!

Also, if you have any suggestions for changes to the Viability List after this tournament, then be sure to say so in the #vr-suggestions on Discord!

Next week is currently planned to be the last tournament in this playtesting cycle before the creation of UU, so be sure to get as much info as you can before then so you can be fully prepared for the tournament! See you next Saturday!

The potentially last roomtour of OU's Playtesting cycle is tomorrow!

I don't have much right now, but here's a mini VL update to reflect the nerf to Buzz Off's distribution:
Drops
:galvantula: C -> UR
:vikavolt: C -> UR

New Additions
:ribombee: UR -> C

Now that the big bad Buzz Off mons are gone and since Leavanny and Ariados have proven to be not great, Ribombee takes its spot back as the best Webs setter

That's all for now, see you tomorrow!

The third and possibly final tournament of OU's playtesting cycle has concluded! Let's see what happened

Tour 3 - JolteMons OU - Double Elimination - 6 Entrants
1st
: earl
2nd: G-Luke
3rd: Beaf Cultist
4th: The Damned
JolteMons OU Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Tapu Koko          |   11 |  55.00% |  63.64% |
| 2    | Landorus-Therian   |    9 |  45.00% |  66.67% |
| 3    | Raichu-Alola       |    6 |  30.00% |  50.00% |
| 4    | Moltres-Galar      |    5 |  25.00% |  60.00% |
| 4    | Gallade            |    5 |  25.00% |  40.00% |
| 6    | Slowbro            |    4 |  20.00% |  75.00% |
| 6    | Buzzwole           |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Wishiwashi         |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Alomomola          |    4 |  20.00% |  50.00% |
| 6    | Melmetal           |    4 |  20.00% |  25.00% |
| 11   | Rotom-Mow          |    3 |  15.00% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Heatran            |    3 |  15.00% | 100.00% |
| 11   | Kartana            |    3 |  15.00% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Hawlucha           |    3 |  15.00% |  66.67% |
| 11   | Muk-Alola          |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 11   | Zeraora            |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 11   | Skarmory           |    3 |  15.00% |  33.33% |
| 18   | Beedrill           |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Celesteela         |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Gyarados           |    2 |  10.00% | 100.00% |
| 18   | Chansey            |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Runerigus          |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Shedinja           |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 18   | Alakazam           |    2 |  10.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Slowking-Galar     |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Lopunny            |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Medicham           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Guzzlord           |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Volcarona          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Zarude-Dada        |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Rhyperior          |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 25   | Nidoking           |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Victini            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Regieleki          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Latias             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Chandelure         |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Tapu Bulu          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Toxapex            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Zapdos             |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Weavile            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Zapdos-Galar       |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Garchomp           |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Serperior          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Blissey            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Hatterene          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Darmanitan-Galar   |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Rillaboom          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Kommo-o            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Rotom-Wash         |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Volcanion          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Terrakion          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Excadrill          |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 25   | Sylveon            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| 1    | Tapu Koko               |    5 |  25.00% |  40.00% |
| 2    | Rotom-Mow               |    3 |  15.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Landorus-Therian        |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Muk-Alola               |    2 |  10.00% |  50.00% |
| 5    | Wishiwashi              |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Lopunny                 |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Medicham                |    1 |   5.00% | 100.00% |
| 5    | Nidoking                |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Tapu Bulu               |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Zapdos-Galar            |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Rotom-Wash              |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |
| 5    | Sylveon                 |    1 |   5.00% |   0.00% |

Some Quick Takeaways:
- Never ask me why Tapu Koko is S Tier when it barely got buffed ever again, this tournament is all the evidence I'll ever need
- Alolan Raichu may have taken a huge fall from grace after Light Ball got nerfed, but it had a pretty decent showing here
- Out of all Unranked things, Rotom-Mow has definitely had the best showing in not only this tournament, but in the last tournament as well. The man is STILL in the cut
- Stall was seen for the first time since the Slate 5 roomtours, that was funny
- Sylveon and Guzzlord did some stuff
- I hate Celesteela
- Outside of people using Koko + Raichu a lot, not Field Effect teams weren't really a thing, as we only saw Screens a couple times and no appearances from Weather teams, the nerfed Webs, or PsySpam

And that's it! Thank you to everyone who played in these tourneys!

Now, head on over to Discord to discuss changes to VL (and making it into a VR) and creating JolteMons UU (or perhaps deciding that we need another tournament). See you there!

Alright, after a couple hours of really really good discussion, we can now come out with the new JolteMons VR and official OU Tier List, which will allow us to begin playtesting JolteMons UU!

First, the VR Update, and when I mean "Update" I really mean "Overhaul" because this VR is near unrecognizable from the VL, but it should more accurately reflect the meta as it is right now. Thus, instead of telling you what changed, it's easier to just dump the whole thing here, so here it is!

S Rank

S
:landorus-therian:Landorus-Therian
:tapu koko:Tapu Koko

S-
:moltres-galar:Galarian Moltres
:gallade-mega:Mega Gallade
:wishiwashi-school:Wishiwashi-School

A Rank

A+
:celesteela:Celesteela
:darmanitan-galar-zen:Galarian Darmanitan-Zen
:dragapult:Dragapult
:ferrothorn:Ferrothorn
:gliscor:Gliscor
:greninja-ash:Ash Greninja
:heatran:Heatran
:kyurem:Kyurem
:lopunny-mega:Mega Lopunny
:melmetal:Melmetal
:tapu fini:Tapu Fini
:volcarona:Volcarona
:weavile:Weavile

A
:clefable:Clefable
:cresselia:Cresselia
:garchomp:Garchomp
:gyarados-mega:Mega Gyarados
:kartana:Kartana
:medicham-mega:Mega Medicham
:scizor-mega:Mega Scizor
:tapu lele:Tapu Lele
:toxapex:Toxapex
:zapdos:Zapdos
:zeraora:Zeraora

A-
:alakazam-mega:Mega Alakazam
:blacephalon:Blacephalon
:blissey:Blissey
:empoleon:Empoleon
:houndoom-mega:Mega Houndoom
:latias-mega:Mega Latias
:magnezone:Magnezone
:mawile-mega:Mega Mawile
:nidoking:Nidoking
:rotom-wash:Rotom-Wash
:slowbro:Slowbro
:slowking-galar:Galarian Slowking
:zapdos-galar:Galarian Zapdos
:zarude-dada:Zarude-Dada

B Rank

B+
:aegislash:Aegislash
:alomomola:Alomomola
:articuno-galar:Galarian Articuno
:beedrill-mega:Mega Beedrill
:buzzwole:Buzzwole
:charizard-mega-y:Mega Charizard Y
:chesnaught:Chesnaught
:corviknight:Corviknight
:diancie-mega:Mega Diancie
:gourgeist:Gourgeist-Small
:hawlucha:Hawlucha
:jirachi:Jirachi
:mew:Mew
:muk-alola:Alolan Muk
:pelipper:Pelipper
:rotom-mow:Rotom-Mow
:swampert-mega:Mega Swampert
:terrakion:Terrakion
:tornadus-therian:Tornadus-Therian
:victini:Victini
:volcanion:Volcanion

B
:ampharos-mega:Mega Ampharos
:arctozolt:Arctozolt
:bisharp:Bisharp
:chansey:Chansey
:cinderace:Cinderace
:ditto:Ditto
:excadrill:Excadrill
:gastrodon-east:Gastrodon
:hydreigon:Hydreigon
:infernape:Infernape
:kommo-o:Kommo-o
:mimikyu:Mimikyu
:ninetales-alola:Alolan Ninetales
:primarina:Primarina
:rillaboom:Rillaboom
:runerigus:Runerigus
:serperior:Serperior
:skarmory:Skarmory
:steelix-mega:Mega Steelix
:tapu bulu:Tapu Bulu
:tangrowth:Tangrowth
:tyranitar-mega:Mega Tyranitar

B-
:darmanitan-zen:Darmanitan-Zen
:eelektross:Eelektross
:gardevoir-mega:Mega Gardevoir
:garchomp-mega:Mega Garchomp
:goodra:Goodra
:latios-mega:Mega Latios
:manaphy:Manaphy
:raikou:Raikou
:regigigas:Regigigas
:rhyperior:Rhyperior
:sableye-mega:Mega Sableye
:slowbro-mega:Mega Slowbro
:tyranitar:Tyranitar
:urshifu-rapid-strike:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:venusaur-mega:Mega Venusaur

C Rank

C+
:decidueye:Decidueye
:haxorus:Haxorus
:heracross-mega:Mega Heracross
:kangaskhan-mega:Mega Kangaskhan
:keldeo:Keldeo
:mesprit:Mesprit
:raichu-alola:Alolan Raichu
:ribombee:Ribombee
:shedinja:Shedinja
:torkoal:Torkoal
:venusaur:Venusaur

C
:camerupt-mega:Mega Camerupt
:chandelure:Chandelure
:crawdaunt:Crawdaunt
:greninja:Greninja
:hatterene:Hatterene
:hoopa-unbound:Hoopa-Unbound
:magmortar:Magmortar
:marowak:Marowak
:nihilego:Nihilego
:reuniclus:Reuniclus

C-
:avalugg:Avalugg
:deoxys-defense:Deoxys-Defense
:dracozolt:Dracozolt
:gengar:Gengar
:guzzlord:Guzzlord
:krookodile:Krookodile
:lumineon:Lumineon
:pyukumuku:Pyukumuku
:samurott:Samurott
:sylveon:Sylveon

Jolteon

Jolteon

:jolteon:Jolteon

And now for the official JolteMons OU Tier List! This list will serve as UU's banlist, which means that UU will also be a playable meta now!
Without further adieu, here it is:
OU
:Landorus-Therian::Tapu Koko::Moltres-Galar::Gallade-Mega::Wishiwashi-School::Celesteela::Darmanitan-Galar-Zen::Dragapult::Ferrothorn::Gliscor::Greninja-Ash::Heatran::Kyurem::Lopunny-Mega::Melmetal::Tapu Fini::Volcarona::Weavile::Clefable::Cresselia::Garchomp::Gyarados-Mega::Kartana::Medicham-Mega::Scizor-Mega::Tapu Lele::Toxapex::Zapdos::Zeraora::Alakazam-Mega::Blacephalon::Blissey::Empoleon::Houndoom-Mega::Latias-Mega::Magnezone::Mawile-Mega::Nidoking::Rotom-Wash::Slowbro::Slowking-Galar::Zapdos-Galar::Zarude-Dada::Aegislash::Alomomola::Articuno-Galar::Beedrill-Mega::Buzzwole::Charizard-Mega-Y::Chesnaught::Corviknight::Diancie-Mega::Gourgeist::Hawlucha::Jirachi::Mew::Muk-Alola::Pelipper::Rotom-Mow::Swampert-Mega::Terrakion::Tornadus-Therian::Victini::Volcanion::slowbro-mega::garchomp-mega:

Landorus-Therian, Tapu Koko, Moltres-Galar, Gallade-Mega, Wishiwashi-School, Celesteela, Darmanitan-Galar-Zen, Dragapult, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Greninja-Ash, Heatran, Kyurem, Lopunny-Mega, Melmetal, Tapu Fini, Volcarona, Weavile, Clefable, Cresselia, Garchomp, Gyarados-Mega, Kartana, Medicham-Mega, Scizor-Mega, Tapu Lele, Toxapex, Zapdos, Zeraora, Alakazam-Mega, Blacephalon, Blissey, Empoleon, Houndoom-Mega, Latias-Mega, Magnezone, Mawile-Mega, Nidoking, Rotom-Wash, Slowbro, Slowking-Galar, Zapdos-Galar, Zarude-Dada, Aegislash, Alomomola, Articuno-Galar, Beedrill-Mega, Buzzwole, Charizard-Mega-Y, Chesnaught, Corviknight, Diancie-Mega, Gourgeist-Small, Hawlucha, Jirachi, Mew, Muk-Alola, Pelipper, Rotom-Mow, Swampert-Mega, Terrakion, Tornadus-Therian, Victini, Volcanion, Slowbro-Mega, Garchomp-Mega

UUBL
:Aerodactyl-Mega::Arctozolt::blaziken::Gardevoir-Mega::Heracross-Mega::Hoopa-Unbound::Latios-Mega::Pinsir-Mega::Sableye-Mega::Tyranitar-Mega::Venusaur-Mega:

Aerodactyl-Mega, Arctozolt, Blaziken, Gardevoir-Mega, Heracross-Mega, Hoopa-Unbound, Latios-Mega, Pinsir-Mega, Sableye-Mega, Tyranitar-Mega, Venusaur-Mega​

This list was decided by dropping everything that was B or lower on VR, then banning what we figured would be broken and not worth testing

Also, while we were in the process of making UUBL, we found something that I'd like to mention. Somehow, some way, nobody realized that Politoed could potentially be the premier Rain setter not only in UU, but in OU as well, since it gets 66% recovery from Life Dew in Rain and nets momentum with Flip Turn. This lead us to a huge discussion on what we should do about it, with us settling on keeping it UU and seeing if Drizzle needs to be banned from UU later and if Poli is actually better than Peli (who still boasts Defog and a useful secondary Flying-type, but is weak to Rocks, has less good recovery, and is frailer) in OU.

Some particular things we'll keep our eyes on in the early days of UU are Light Clay, the aforementioned Drizzle, Drought, Mega Ampharos, Hydreigon, Infernape, and Mimikyu

That's all for now, as we begin the playtest cycle for UU! See you soon, and be sure to play JolteMons OU and UU!

Last edited:
Day 1 of UU, and I've got some thoughts on the current meta.

Firstly, The 'Mon Watchlist:

:ampharos-mega: hasn't been too common so far, but from what I've seen it's been solid but in no way overbearing. With the large amount of powerful Ground and Dragon breakers in the tier, I don't see :ampharos-mega: being an issue.

Meanwhile, I have mixed feelings about the Overclock mons. :infernape: is most likely fine, as while it crushes some common Fire resists in :guzzlord: and :rotom-heat:, it'll never break through some of the tier's bulky Waters (:primarina:, :jellicent:), not to mention its reliance on LO for reliable damage means it'll slowly wear itself down if played around for long enough. :hydreigon:, however, is kinda insane. While the bulky Fairies (:primarina:, :sylveon:, :florges:, :audino-mega:) all handle it fairly well, the fact is that you need to run a bulky Fairy or risk just losing outright to a +2 (or Soul Blade lv. 3 :o) hydra. I'd personally lean towards banning :hydreigon:.

:mimikyu: hasn't been too much of an issue to play around both when using and facing it. It's certainly a great mon, but I don't find it centralizing and think it could even be a positive force for the tier overall. However, with that said,

Field Effect Watchlist:

Screens go crazy. Like, really crazy. Amazing reliable setters in :regieleki:, :ninetales-alola:, and :azelf:; and abusers out the wazoo including crazy threats like :blaziken:, :mimikyu:, :kommo-o:, and :hydreigon:. Blaz in particular just tears through teams at +2, and it isn't hard to set up in front of the weaker fatmons like :skarmory: and :chansey: that are running around. It has essentially no counters besides :quagsire: if it runs Thunder Punch, and if it instead opts to go Protect it still destroys most offensive teams while also being leagues easier to set up. Overall, I'm unsure if screens or :blaziken: is the problem, but I think we can address the issue again after the chicken is banned.

Rain has :politoed:, which is pretty wild and will probably go OU, but as a whole the playstyle isn't too difficult to answer. Water immunes are everywhere, mons like :gastrodon:, :primarina:, :muk:, and :tangrowth: are great and stop most Rain teams in their tracks, and I generally haven't had too much trouble both running and facing it as a playstyle. Now, don't get me wrong, Rain is great. :politoed: (and its eventual replacement :pelipper:) is very good as a setter with the combination of pivoting and reliable recovery, and the tier has some amazing abusers with :lumineon:, :greninja:, :eelektross:, and :barraskewda:, but I don't see it as a banworthy force. Also Rain balance is viable and it's awesome.

Haven't seen Sun at all yet, but I feel similarly about it as I do about :infernape:. Fire resists and strong Dragons are both common, and with mons like :chansey: in the tier I doubt Sun will ever become overbearing.

Other Notable Threats:

Gravitas. I've been saying it for weeks, but Gravitas is amazing in UU. Some mons like :dodrio: are straight up unwallable with Gravity up, and :flapple: just obliterates weakened teams, especially with its speed tier now actually being very impressive (and a 4x Electric resist for any stray :regieleki:). However, I wouldn't say the playstyle itself is broken, more so the setter. :steelix-mega: is an amazing mon in its own right, with Curse sets just outright winning in some matchups if you let it set up. Physically it cannot be broken, and specially it can live a hit fairly easily and destroy your breaker (though if you bring something like :typhlosion: or :lumineon: you won't need to worry about it as much). The problem comes with how you can easily run :steelix-mega:, :flapple:, and :dodrio: on a normal team. By putting all of these already strong threats together, they simply become too much to handle with Gravity up, so I'd recommend a :steelix-mega: ban. Once Lix is banned, players will have to rely on much worse options for setters such as :starmie: and :forretress:, which will make the playstyle much less of a problem.

Webs are back and Buzz Off is good again. Thanks to the lower power level, :leavanny: can actually do things in a match besides setting webs, and it covers the mons that wall :decidueye: very nicely, besides :mandibuzz:. However, Mandi can be dispatched with the tier's premier Concussion option, :darmanitan-galar:. Add to that :bisharp: being UU and some ridiculous threats like DD :tyrantrum: and you've got a very legitimate playstyle. Will probably need to be looked at in the future.

More speed control, this time Trick Room. :gourgeist: is funny scary, with Small being a more reliable pick but Super being a nightmare to face if you don't bring spdef :mandibuzz: or :chansey:. Additionally, actual full TR builds are probably viable with demons like :marowak: and Momentum Armor :stakataka: running around. Another thing that should have an eye kept on it, but for now it's fine.

:muk: is an amazing defensive mon, with RegenVest sets going very hard thanks to the great coverage of buffed elemental punches and Mud Spike in tandem with powerful STAB Gunk Shots. It's had a great showing in every battle it was brought to, and it's sure to be a meta staple.

:typhlosion: is a great breaker with Specs sets or Power Herb MBeam, or you can run Scarf to outrun most of the meta and revenge kill quite a few notable threats. Also is a special mon that can break :muk:, which is big.

Speaking of which, :lumineon: no longer has to contend with :greninja-ash: as a Specs breaker. Sure, :greninja: is also in the tier, but the power difference between the two is very noticeable (particularly in the :muk: matchup), finally giving :lumineon: a chance to shine. Probably one of the hardest mons to switch into besides chicken and broken hydra, but at least this one has limited coverage and can't sweep on its own.

:cobalion: is as great as was expected thanks to the massive defensive upgrade it got from Unimpressed. In a tier with much fewer options for viable defensive Steels than OU (I won't be talking about all of them, but the list is essentially :skarmory:, :steelix-mega:, :cobalion:, :scizor:, :uxie:, :aggron-mega:), having the defensive utility :cobalion: has is suddenly very valuable. While it lacks reliable recovery, Fighting/Steel in tandem with its huge bulk is great for walling key threats like :hydreigon: (barely), :flapple:, and more. Another standout defensive mon that will likely continue to be great.

:hydreigon: isn't the only scary Dragon in the tier. In fact, there's quite a few, with the most noticeable being :latios:. An extremely powerful Specs breaker, with just STABs and Mystical Fire hitting everything in the tier (and Mystical Fire hitting every Steel besides Heatproof :bronzong: super effectively). It can also run Scarf sets to reach blistering speeds, and nothing on offense besides :altaria-mega: and :primarina: wants to take a Scarf Draco to the face, making it a powerful revenge-killer.

On that note, :altaria-mega: is here. While it isn't as meta-defining as it is in NatDex UU, it's certainly a threat, and has the key distinction of being a Dragon not afraid of the other Dragons, while also providing the defensive utility of a bulky Fairy. Dragon Dance sets are still great, but I'd bet bulky sets also have a place (or rather, bulky DD is probably the way to go). In combination with these Dragons already being great, they also have amazing team support options like :muk: and Doom Desire :cobalion: in order to help them break through Fairies, making them very difficult to handle for most teams.

Remember Eviolith :magneton: from OU? That joke set that was theoretically better than zone sometimes but in practice kinda sucked? Now that's your only option, and it is very viable. With the option to run Eviolite, -lith, or Scarf sets, it can customize in order to beat every Steel in the tier besides :steelix-mega:, which is a very big deal considering :skarmory: and :scizor: are the only mons keeping some threats in check. Be very wary of the magnet, and consider investing in :shed-shell:.

Finally, there are a lot more options beyond these, but this was everything I had thoughts on. Other great mons include :tangrowth:, :runerigus:, :flapple:, :florges:, and :greninja:, and some mons I think have untapped potential include :cinderace:, :ninetales-alola:, :darmanitan-zen:, :goodra:, :magmortar:, :rhyperior:, :archeops:, :metagross:, :porygon-z:, :guzzlord:, :tentacruel:, :mamoswine:, :chatot:, :meloetta:, and :hariyama:.

Tiering Thoughts:

As for immediate tiering action, the only thing I think is immediately banworthy is :blaziken:. Beyond that, we should keep an eye on :hydreigon:, :infernape:, :steelix-mega:, :latios:, :light-clay:, and Buzz Off. The tier is shaping up pretty nicely, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the mons that couldn't quite cut it in OU finally getting some play.

Last edited:
The first day of UU has gone really well so far actually, with DH being the most active I've seen in a long while (128 battles were played today, in part due to JolteMons UU launching, as well as other Pet Mods happenings like a Solomod's server tournament), so thanks for that!

As I expected, we did find some broken stuff that'll require banning before the first roomtour on Saturday, but since the consensus was that more testing is needed before making a lot of bans, I only have 1 quickban to announce:
- :blaziken: Blaziken - To make a long story short, this thing is literally unwallable after a Swords Dance, can't be revenge killed without an Urshifu or Bonemerang mon, can set up super easily, and enables Screens teams which are pretty crazy already. Thus, Blaziken is an easy quickban. Note that as of the time I'm posting this, Blaziken is still listed as being UU because Heroku is being cringe and won't let me update the client right now.

In other news, due to a teambuilder error, Alakazam and Swampert were banned from UU before, but they are now unbanned. Also, a bugfix for Scavenge that allows it to activate when a Pokémon faints by any means as intended is live (shoutouts to ViZar for that!).

That's all for now, see you soon!

Follow up to my post yesterday. The meta as a whole hasn't changed too much; :latios: and :hydreigon: still dominate, so Fairies are everywhere (with :florges: being the best for how it walls :hydreigon: while not immediately losing to :muk: and :cobalion:). However, I wanted to post some more thoughts on threats I didn't cover yesterday, as well as some new ones that have popped up.

Firstly, :runerigus: has proven (to no one's surprise) to be a great physical wall, completely walling threats like :kangaskhan-mega: and :infernape:, as well as just being a nice blanket check to the physical mons in the tier. The EQ vs BP debate is strong here, but I personally prefer EQ to hit :muk: (since you're never breaking :skarmory: or :mandibuzz: anyway).

Nobody is preparing for :gengar:, and it’s hilarious. :gengar: takes advantage of the strong focus on answering the Dragons in the current meta by bullying the Fairies that are everywhere, and NP sets can run through entire teams if given the chance. Defensive counterplay is limited and when paired with :hydreigon: or :latios: it can really tear apart common cores. Now, this isn’t saying it’s broken, it’s just one of the best facilitators of the actual broken mons, while also being a great mon in its own right. Very fun to play, but also highlights how much of a problem funni lizard plane and funni hydra are.

:tyranitar: is a versatile and useful mon, as it should be. :dracozolt: and :excadrill: are both also UU, so Sand cores are very much here and, while not in any way dominant, are respectable and usable. Meanwhile, Scarf :tyranitar: is perfect for Pursuit trapping :latios: and :gengar:, making it extremely valuable in the current meta, as counterplay for both (particularly when they’re on the same team) is very limited.

:absol-mega: actually has a niche, which is awesome. Thanks to its excellent speed tier and extremely high Attack, it is one of the most reliable Pursuit trappers for :latios: and :gengar:, with Scarf :tyranitar: being a sitting duck after clicking Pursuit, and your only other option being… uh… :sneasel:. Yeah. Beyond that, SD and AOA sets are both viable (moreso AOA since it struggles to sweep in such a Fairy-heavy meta), with the tools to tear apart the common meta threats.

What is :serperior: doing here lmao. Mon is still just fine in OU, there was no reason for it to drop, not to mention it’s obnoxious down here with the lack of reliable defensive answers to it beyond :chansey:. Don’t just ban it, move it up to OU proper, and I’d recommend a rise to B+ (or potentially A-) on the VR.

:flareon: is super obnoxious. Like, ridiculously annoying. Good special bulk + Fluffy + Flash Fire + 100% accurate offensive Will-O-Wisp + Fire Lash + Teleport + Morning Sun all combine together to make one of the stupidest mixed walls I’ve seen in a long time. Probably not UU proper since it’s completely blanked by EQ or opposing Flash Fire mons, but man is it a pain to face.

Quick screens check-in: much worse without :blaziken:, though they’re still a threat for sure. Leaning towards DNB, but I’d have to see them used a bit more before I make a final decision.

Overall, at the end of day 2, the only ‘ban’ I really want to see is :serperior: (more like put it back where it belongs). Otherwise, :hydreigon: and :latios: are almost definitely up next on the chopping block.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I agree with what Earl said in the discord, I don't think OU is even explored too much, not really. Like sorry but I am not convinced Chesnaught (literally sidegrade Tangrowth) is more viable than Serperior. So tryna get too deep into think pieces for UU feels weird, as opinions on what is good and what is not have been changing quite literally by the hour as people remember that x Pokemon is legal and that z Pokemon learns y move.

One thing is for sure, :Chandelure: has the unique and pristine distinction of being much worse in UU than in a tier where it faces direct competition and is 100% outclassed by the likes of Blacephalon, aka OU.

A few announcements!

Day 2 of UU went pretty similarly to Day 1, with a lot of activity and a few mons being a bit broken, but the only one that stood out today was Serperior. Serperior was quite broken by itself, but the real kicker was that we realized that it's the one mon that dropped to UU that really shouldn't have dropped to UU because it was severely underrated on the OU VR. Thus, Serperior will be rising to OU by usage and tentatively rising to B+ on the VR. This is live on DH, but Heroku still won't let me update the client, so Serp is still listed as being UU.

Speaking of OU, a few people have expressed concern that we moved on from OU too quickly. While I can't undo UU or anything, I can change this week's UU roomtour into another OU roomtour on Saturday. This will hopefully gives us our final look at OU as it is. So while I still encourage you to try out UU, after seeing all the activity that UU has brought over the last two days, I want to you keep that same energy in OU for at least this week.

One reason cited for why we moved on too quickly is that a lot of Pokemon were under tested, so below I put a list of Pokemon that I found to be underused. I strongly encourage you to use these Pokemon over the week and in the roomtour.
Mega Houndoom
Mega Diancie
Rotom-Mow (if your name is not earl)
Mega Ampharos
Arctozolt / Ninetales-Alola
Ditto
Serperior
Skarmory
Tangrowth
Eelektross
Mega Latios
Mega Venusaur
Mega Heracross
Mega Camerupt
Nihilego
Reuniclus
Deoxys-Defense
Dracozolt
Gengar
Blaziken
Gastrodon
Mew
Jirachi
Anything else you find to be underrated or overrated right now

Lastly, here's a tentative schedule for the near future:
This Saturday - OU Roomtour + VR Update
March 19th - Mega Lucario Suspect Test OU Roomtour (was already planned for the 19th, stuff around it just moved)
March 26th - First UU Roomtour + Creation of UU Viability List
Mid-Late April - Conclusion of UU

All of these may be pushed back 1-3 weeks if more pre-Mega Lucario roomtours are needed

That's all for now, see you soon!

Last edited:
This week's OU roomtour has concluded! Let's see what happened:

Tour 4 - JolteMons OU - Double Elimination - 5 Entrants
1st
: Superior Serperior
2nd: G-Luke
3rd: Beaf Cultist
4th: zxgzxg
JolteMons OU Roomtour Usage Stats

Code:
| 1    | Moltres-Galar      |    8 |  50.00% |  75.00% |
| 2    | Garchomp           |    5 |  31.25% |  80.00% |
| 3    | Serperior          |    4 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Tyranitar          |    4 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Melmetal           |    4 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Medicham           |    4 |  25.00% | 100.00% |
| 3    | Houndoom           |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Buzzwole           |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Rhyperior          |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Aegislash          |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| -    | Gourgeist-*        |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 3    | Gourgeist-Small    |    4 |  25.00% |  50.00% |
| 12   | Zarude-Dada        |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 12   | Gliscor            |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 14   | Eelektross         |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Greninja           |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Wishiwashi         |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Rotom-Mow          |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Heatran            |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 14   | Gallade            |    2 |  12.50% |  50.00% |
| 20   | Pelipper           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Swampert           |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Ferrothorn         |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Tornadus-Therian   |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 20   | Beedrill           |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Magnezone          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Zapdos             |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Rotom-Wash         |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Muk-Alola          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Infernape          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Tapu Fini          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Celesteela         |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Camerupt           |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Dragapult          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Terrakion          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Chesnaught         |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Deoxys-Defense     |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Aerodactyl         |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Cresselia          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Glaceon            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Zapdos-Galar       |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Runerigus          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Empoleon           |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Latias             |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Tapu Bulu          |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Darmanitan-Galar   |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Kartana            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Articuno-Galar     |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 20   | Clefable           |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
Leads

Code:
| 1    | Serperior               |    3 |  18.75% | 100.00% |
| 1    | Zarude-Dada             |    3 |  18.75% |  33.33% |
| 3    | Gourgeist-Small         |    2 |  12.50% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Pelipper                |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Garchomp                |    1 |   6.25% | 100.00% |
| 4    | Houndoom                |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Magnezone               |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Greninja                |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Zapdos-Galar            |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Rhyperior               |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |
| 4    | Kartana                 |    1 |   6.25% |   0.00% |

Quick Takeaways:
- This tournament got infected with a hax bug or something lmao
- Mega Medicham is terrifying, Mega Gallade didn't get to be quite as terrifying
- None of the things that I had my eye on for nerfs really did anything (more on that later)
- Gourgeist is terrifying, even without Specs
- Serperior showing us exactly why it should've never been UU
- I had a Mega Aerodactyl put in some real work until it decided to miss a Dual Wingbeat like the dumb 0 IQ small brain prehistoric neanderthal extinct freak bird that it is smh my head that's why you're UUBL AND unranked on the VR AND why you went extinct, Archeops better smh
- Most of the super underused mons also didn't get to shine, but Rotom-Mow did some things
- How did we get through a whole tournament with no Tapu Kokos or Landorus-Therians? I think we upset the balance of the Earth, that explains all the hax

So that was interesting, but we keep moving

As you know, this was an extra OU roomtour as we felt that we didn't have enough info on OU to move on to developing other tiers. With this tour done and many battles being played over the week, I feel like it's a good time to put out another player survey to decide our next moves. In this survey, linked at the bottom of this post, I've included a question to ask you the people whether or not we should move on to our next planned event, being the Mega Lucario OU Suspect Test. I've also included questions on the 3 things I find the closest to being broken right now. None of these things ruin the meta or anything, but it can be very much argued that the meta would be better off with them nerfed.

The nerf candidates are Mega Gallade, Aegislash, and Celesteela. I don't have the energy give a full paragraph on them right now, but in short:
- :gallade-mega: Mega Gallade's 165 Attack, Overclock, and Overclock-boosted moves in Lightning Lance + STAB Close Combat make it super hard to handle defensively. Only thing keeping it from destroying the metagame outright are the Buzzwole and the bunch of good mons that revenge kill it since 110 Speed is great but not amazing
- :aegislash: Aegislash really isn't anywhere near broken, but it's quite unfun for one reason: Curse. Aegislash is basically the only crazy Ghost Curse mon left after we nerfed its distribution and it shows. Amazing typing, great bulk in Shield form, and it's not that passive because of Sword form, making it extremely tough to play around without losing a mon, especially if it's Substitute
- :celesteela: With Flare Boost, as long as you get burned, Celesteela gets a status immunity, a Choice Specs, and an Assault Vest with none of the downsides, which is kinda insane on paper and sometimes insane in practice. However, using Flame Orb does mean you forgo actual recovery, so if your opponent shakes off Leech Seed consistently and applies constant pressure to Steela, it kinda folds, though often not without killing or severely weakening one of your other mons first

These 3 are what I see to be the biggest issues in JolteMons right now, but I also included a section for you to suggest other nerf candidates. Personally, the only other one I can think of right now is Gourgeist-Small, but Goltres being better than ever keeps it in check for now

And that's it! Click here for the link to the player survey, tell me on Discord if you have any suggestions for VR changes, and I'll see you tomorrow or Monday with the results of the survey!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)