General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello there :D
Started playing Pokémon since RBY, but stopped at RSE. Missed out DPP and BW but got back to Pokémon at XY, and that's when I got hyped up about competitive battling. Was introduced to Smogon by a friend and have been stalking the forums for a few months before deciding to join the community.
Currently interested in TR teams and trying not to use OU mons (but still end up using a few) or mons I commonly see in Free Battles in order to have a less mainstream team (talk about being a hipster). Also heavily interested in breeding shinies (I guess I have the SNMS *_*).
#doesntknowthebasicsofcompetitivebattling
Nice to meet you SoLaRiLeU!
Hey cool, I was also introduced to Smogon by a friend (but I started at RSE, missed out on DPP, and got back at BW[2] and XY :/ )! If you need any help with anything, go here to PM a mentor. Otherwise, have a great time on Smogon!

I posted this right before the old thread got locked, so I guess I'll just bore you to death show y'all what I'm like again.

Heya peeps. My name is Josiah, but I like to be called by nickname TBF. Unfortunately I have a rather severe lack of Pokemon knowledge in comparison to all of you folks, as I never owned a game until Gen 5... but I think I make up for it with my upbeat/derpy personality. As of this post I am 16 years old, and some of my best irl friends go by PS! names M'joe'ra and Andyboy500. I've tried my hand at almost every normal tier on PS! and have found that I suck at all of them. The good thing is that I honestly don't care, as I have as much if not more fun than anyone else with my crazily stupid teams. I am stoutly anti-mainstream, and refuse to use mainstream Pokemon strategies of any kind (so all of the good ones). Recently I've been gaining interest in Other Metas and I hope to create one sometime soon. If you want to find me on PS! though, Game Corner is the place to look; I love those idiots <333 It's also notable to mention that I am a devoted Christian, and if you ever see me saying anything negative or hurtful I give you full permission to slap me across the face for a FISH KILL! (TF2 reference). Dat's about it I guess :o I'm weird too lol

~TBF
#antimainstreamftw

Hello everyone! I'm Danny and I have been playing competitive pokemon since late gen 5 ( started like 6 months before X/Y came out). I've been told I have improved a boat load since gen 5, but there's always a flaw with my team building. OU is the main tier I play, and I'm just looking for some Team Building help if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone! I'm Danny and I have been playing competitive pokemon since late gen 5 ( started like 6 months before X/Y came out). I've been told I have improved a boat load since gen 5, but there's always a flaw with my team building. OU is the main tier I play, and I'm just looking for some Team Building help if anyone is willing. Thanks!
That's nice to hear! You can look for an OU mentor by reading through the Mentor Profiles and contacting anyone that mentors in OU.

Hey, I'm me, and I started playing Pokemon back with FRLG, but only played FR. I then, somehow, skipped ruby and sapphire, but watched my friends gameplay, so knew what it was. I then started playing Mystery Dungeon, which is actually an insanely good game. I then played lots and lots of mystery dungeon, but not much real Pokemon. After a while, I started to play Sinnoh, and then Unova. Then, when Kalos came out, I got it, obviously. I beat that game, started to breed for a shiny eevee, and then preordered AS! Beat it with like 90 hours of gameplay recently, and am now breeding a perfect Clauncher for my Brother-in-law, while he does the same for me, but with a Seedot. :P

sup dogs I'm Orbital. I started playing Pokemon around Gen III and started playing competitively early this year. I've gotten a lot better since I started and plan on improving as I play more. My main tier is UU right now but I plan on getting into RU and Other Metagames. I mainly play on Showdown since Wifi is too much work n_n.

Minus

Hey, I'm me, and I started playing Pokemon back with FRLG, but only played FR. I then, somehow, skipped ruby and sapphire, but watched my friends gameplay, so knew what it was. I then started playing Mystery Dungeon, which is actually an insanely good game. I then played lots and lots of mystery dungeon, but not much real Pokemon. After a while, I started to play Sinnoh, and then Unova. Then, when Kalos came out, I got it, obviously. I beat that game, started to breed for a shiny eevee, and then preordered AS! Beat it with like 90 hours of gameplay recently, and am now breeding a perfect Clauncher for my Brother-in-law, while he does the same for me, but with a Seedot. :P
That's sounds really cool :] have you played explorers of time/darkness/sky? Best PMD games EVER. Good luck and Welcome to Smogon =]

sup dogs I'm Orbital. I started playing Pokemon around Gen III and started playing competitively early this year. I've gotten a lot better since I started and plan on improving as I play more. My main tier is UU right now but I plan on getting into RU and Other Metagames. I mainly play on Showdown since Wifi is too much work n_n.
Nice to hear! Welcome to Smogon!

Hey guys, I've been playing Pokemon since RBY and battling on wifi since XY using smogon OU rules. I want to start using PS because it's a lot easier to find people to battle with, I'd appreciate if someone shows me a link where I can see the steps on making a team to play on PS :)

Minus

Hey guys, I've been playing Pokemon since RBY and battling on wifi since XY using smogon OU rules. I want to start using PS because it's a lot easier to find people to battle with, I'd appreciate if someone shows me a link where I can see the steps on making a team to play on PS :)
This is a nice guide that will help you out!

Sup everyone, my name is Kyle. I've been here since Diamond/Pearl but never really been active for long spouts of time. I'm hoping to get more involved now that ORAS is out. I was pretty active when X/Y came out pre-Poke Bank. Hoping to be more so than I was now tho.

Gonna put my name in for the SPL. Hoping to meet some cool peeps along the way and not just be a part of the competitive scene but the community as well.

Minus

Sup everyone, my name is Kyle. I've been here since Diamond/Pearl but never really been active for long spouts of time. I'm hoping to get more involved now that ORAS is out. I was pretty active when X/Y came out pre-Poke Bank. Hoping to be more so than I was now tho.

Gonna put my name in for the SPL. Hoping to meet some cool peeps along the way and not just be a part of the competitive scene but the community as well.
Very nice to hear :] Getting drafted for SPL is super hard to do, so good luck with that!

Hello! This is DDarkray. I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue but I've never been competitive at it until more recently. That's mostly because I'm impressed by the size of the community here and the number of articles and discussions surrounding competitive battle. I look forward to improving myself and having fun with you guys. :)

Minus

Hello! This is DDarkray. I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue but I've never been competitive at it until more recently. That's mostly because I'm impressed by the size of the community here and the number of articles and discussions surrounding competitive battle. I look forward to improving myself and having fun with you guys. :)
Agreed, the articles here are amazing! Good luck and welcome to Smogon!

yo, it seems i have finally awoken from the dead.

After a bunch of irl situations imploding on me, i've been sporadically improving my competative skills in pokemon and finally reached a stable point in which i think I can return to being an active member.

I'm currently prepping/training for Regionals and while I'm pessimistic on my ability to qualify for World Championships, I really want to try my best to win a couple battles in my home state. That and i'm also getting ready to enter the ORAS doubles metagame so I am definatley going to be in need of assistence in terms of team building and general advice.

A number of things that have changed since i was last here is I used to be heavily reliant on smogon articles to make my standard teams, but nowadays I've been comfortably branching out and trying new sets and different spreads to fit my teams needs.

That, and also I've gotten much better at predicting, though I am hardly up to par with the pro's. i have reached a plateu however where I'm struggling to improve my team making skills and trying to understand flaws in my teams and really figure out my weaknesses in battle.

hope to chat with everyone more soon 8).

Minus

yo, it seems i have finally awoken from the dead.

After a bunch of irl situations imploding on me, i've been sporadically improving my competative skills in pokemon and finally reached a stable point in which i think I can return to being an active member.

I'm currently prepping/training for Regionals and while I'm pessimistic on my ability to qualify for World Championships, I really want to try my best to win a couple battles in my home state. That and i'm also getting ready to enter the ORAS doubles metagame so I am definatley going to be in need of assistence in terms of team building and general advice.

A number of things that have changed since i was last here is I used to be heavily reliant on smogon articles to make my standard teams, but nowadays I've been comfortably branching out and trying new sets and different spreads to fit my teams needs.

That, and also I've gotten much better at predicting, though I am hardly up to par with the pro's. i have reached a plateu however where I'm struggling to improve my team making skills and trying to understand flaws in my teams and really figure out my weaknesses in battle.

hope to chat with everyone more soon 8).
Ah that's really good to hear. Doubles is really fun n_n. Good luck with everything and hope you get far. Welcome back!

Hello Smogon people!

My name is Jarious, I'm 19 years old and currently a college student. I first dabbled in competitive play during 4th gen, but never really got serious about it. I did the Battling 101 program once and lost the tournament, and kind of never got to where I wanted to be competitively. Here we are 2 generations later and I am WAY out of the loop with little to no idea as to what's going on here. I want to get into competitive play for real this time and I'm happy to rejoin what appears to be a now thriving community and get back on my feet.

Also, I'm digging the new site layout!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello Smogon people!

My name is Jarious, I'm 19 years old and currently a college student. I first dabbled in competitive play during 4th gen, but never really got serious about it. I did the Battling 101 program once and lost the tournament, and kind of never got to where I wanted to be competitively. Here we are 2 generations later and I am WAY out of the loop with little to no idea as to what's going on here. I want to get into competitive play for real this time and I'm happy to rejoin what appears to be a now thriving community and get back on my feet.

Also, I'm digging the new site layout!
Hey there, sworm09!
If you would like some help getting around the new site, PM a mentor here (though I assume you already know about mentors? :3 ). Anyways, welcome back!

That's sounds really cool :] have you played explorers of time/darkness/sky? Best PMD games EVER. Good luck and Welcome to Smogon =]

Yes, I have. I played Explorers of Time I believe. I think the new one is AMAZING!!!! But I just need to buy it. :P

Hey I'm iiicarus I'm 23 years old and from Pittsburgh. I have been lurking around smogon since x and y came out and finally decided to join. I feel like I am a decent battler from all the reading I have done but I really want to get better. I also would like to make some new friends since I have none that competitively play.

Hi All,

Deystorm here.
My real name is Fredrik, and I come from Holland.
I am 21 years and I grew up with Pokémon Yellow.
Now I am looking for a bigger challenge, so I started to search a online Pokémon battling game.

So that is why I am here ;)
I really don't know all the strategies of battling with Pokémon.
I don't know which type is effective against the other's.
So I am basically a battler with no experience...

I hope you all will kindly help me getting in to effective battles!
I am going to end this post now, because it now gets very big.

Kind Regards,

Deystorm a.k.a. Fredrik

Last edited:
Hey everyone! My username is just my name in real life. It's just much easier to keep track of all my accounts that way. I battled competitively in gen IV when I was younger and was pretty good. The metagame has changed so much now and I'm looking to get back into things! See everyone around the forums!

Hey guys, my name is Blake and I have been playing Showdown about 5 years now. I'm not very good at teambuilding or battling, but at least I try.
Things about me: I am a gamer, my top 3 favorite series are:
#3: Mario kart
#2: Smash bros
#1: Pokemon
Also, I am a nerd and will do math.
ALSO, I need a profile pic.

somebody plz reply im lonely lol

Hey I'm iiicarus I'm 23 years old and from Pittsburgh. I have been lurking around smogon since x and y came out and finally decided to join. I feel like I am a decent battler from all the reading I have done but I really want to get better. I also would like to make some new friends since I have none that competitively play.
Hey dude! We can be friends but I suck at battling, so to quote the song: "you teach me and i teach you" lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)