General Introduce yourself!

yo im Colin. I'm an 18-year-old freshman at UGA and i've been skimming the forums and reading analyses on-and-off ever since X&Y came out, though i've been playing Pokemon since Emerald. I skipped Gen 5 because I lost every charger for my DS except my car charger, but since my family and I go on road trips pretty much every year I've played more Platinum than any other pokemon game and possibly any other game I own not named Dark Souls. The Souls Series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Hunter X Hunter, Dream Theater, Magic: The Gathering, games by Clover Studio/Platinum Games, and Metroid are incredibly important to me as a person.

I'm primarily interested in OU and UU, but I'm bad at teambuilding and would like to get better so I can do things other than random battle while i'm on campus since I can't connect my 2DS to campus wifi because the Board of Regents Hates Fun

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yo im Colin. I'm an 18-year-old freshman at UGA and i've been skimming the forums and reading analyses on-and-off ever since X&Y came out, though i've been playing Pokemon since Emerald. I skipped Gen 5 because I lost every charger for my DS except my car charger, but since my family and I go on road trips pretty much every year I've played more Platinum than any other pokemon game and possibly any other game I own not named Dark Souls. The Souls Series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Hunter X Hunter, Dream Theater, Magic: The Gathering, games by Clover Studio/Platinum Games, and Metroid are incredibly important to me as a person.

I'm primarily interested in OU and UU, but I'm bad at teambuilding and would like to get better so I can do things other than random battle while i'm on campus since I can't connect my 2DS to campus wifi because the Board of Regents Hates Fun
Hey there! Platinum was my favorite game haha. I haven't ever played any of the other games you've listed though, I've just stuck to Mario/Pokemon/Zelda :]. OU and UU are fun tiers (and teambuilding can suck at times :(, check out the respective subforums for some tips though!). Good luck and Welcome to Smogon!

Umm Hi everybody...
I have been playing ou on PS for over a year now (but I still suck T.T, only reached the low 1700s on the old xy ladder )
Have been lurking on this site for a few months too but trying to not lurk anymore? lol
Sorry a little shy :|

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Umm Hi everybody...
I have been playing ou on PS for over a year now (but I still suck T.T, only reached the low 1700s on the old xy ladder )
Have been lurking on this site for a few months too but trying to not lurk anymore? lol
Reaching the low 1700s isn't shabby at all haha! And it's ok, we don't bite haha. Welcome to Smogon!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Umm Hi everybody...
Hi sugardragon!
Only 1700? I've never been past 1420 or so in OU :/ If you have any questions on how to use the site or need advice with something, PM a mentor. Otherwise, find some tiers you like and have a great time!

Last edited:
Reaching the low 1700s isn't shabby at all haha! And it's ok, we don't bite haha. Welcome to Smogon!

Hi sugardragon!
Only 1700? I've never been past 1420 or so in OU :/ If you have any questions on how to use the site or need advice with something, PM a mentor. Otherwise, find some tiers you like have a great time!
Haha , but I have only reach the 1700s with the Italian bunny team and not my own team :p . Tried ubers before , got destroyed by geomancy xerneas on everybody's team haha

QueBien

Hey guys!
I just realized that I've been a user for 6 months and was greeting new users in the old thread, but have never formally introduced myself! Well, I'd like to start by saying that I have been a fan of the Pokemon franchise since Generation 3 (Emerald, to be specific). I had mostly been playing on my friends' consoles until I got my 3DS a while back, on which I have been playing SSB4, XY and Alpha Sapphire. I was first introduced to this site when a friend of mine showed me Showdown!, of which after a few months of battling I decided to create an account on Smogon. This account pretty much sat gathering dust until I joined the "Community Mentoring" (now dead) room: that's when I realized how fun the community was. Since then, I was active in the old New Users thread, but since that one is gone, I hope to do the same with this one! :)

hello my name is Luis Cano-Zuniga, but you can call me Raton, im 19 years old and from Lake Worth

im new to this site and i been home to make new friends,rivals and learn new things about Pokemon and competitive battling. the Pokemon i seem to use are OU and UU as far as i know i could be wrong and ii hope to build a very good team also i have been playing Pokemon since Gen 2 and started playing competitively in Gen 4 i hope this a good way to introduce my self

Hey all, I'm Bard of Rage, soon to be Eonrider. I realize I've had an account for almost two years now, but I haven't done much beyond lurk and now I plan to join the fray in full force.
Anyway, I live in New Zealand, I'm 17 years old, 18 in a month, and I am fresh out of high school (my last exam was literally today). I first picked up Pokemon with Ruby and I've never looked back. I joined the competitive scene in late Gen 5/early Gen 6, although I made a few awful attempts at teambuilding beforehand (Vileplume in OU, anyone?) One day I hope to actually be able to come up with my own sets for Pokemon, rather than shamefully stealing from the onsite analyses.

whats the best way to catch legendaries? is getting a pokemon that can put them asleep good? whats the best ball? so far ultra balls are the only ones ive encountered in omega ruby. i have heard about a crazy deoxys fight i will have eventually.

Hey guys, my name is tales, i'm 15 years old and i'm from brazil. I started playing pokemon in sapphire for the gameboy, but i never was interested in the metagame for the pokemon, now that i'm older i wanted to learn, so i wanted someone to help in the beginning of my quest :D. (sorry for the bad english, it isn't my native language).

how do you even get the right natures? through breeding over and over again?
If the first pokemon in your party has Synchronize, every pokemon you encounter has a 50% chance of sharing that pokemon's nature. Your synchronize pokemon can be fainted, but it needs to be first in your party list. When breeding in XY or ORAS, if one of the parents holds an everstone that parent's nature is guaranteed to pass down.

Is it from the Pokemon community on Google+? I think I'm a member there lol!

i herd u liek mudkipz? jkjk lol. I played a little bit of FFVI (or FFIII I guess), and the Metroid game from the 3DS Ambassador Program haha. That's really cool haha, Environmental Science is actually something I'm really interested in! Welcome to Smogon!

Mike already ninja'd me, but the VGC subforum is located here. Check it out when you can because it has tons of information. Welcome to Smogon!
I think so, Minus

Hello my name is Ruyen. I am a freshman in high school. I have using smogon since gen 5 to see whats good and whats not. But i really started using the forums and showdown right after i beat Y version. Only because now with super training, getting competitive stuff was easier. My first game was sapphire but i got it right as platinum came out. So when i played Fire Red I tried every way i knew to try to get a leafeon. Competitively Tiering is not my thing. I bring NU to Ubers. I'm glad to be part of this community, Thank you.

QueBien

hello my name is Luis Cano-Zuniga, but you can call me Raton, im 19 years old and from Lake Worth

im new to this site and i been home to make new friends,rivals and learn new things about Pokemon and competitive battling. the Pokemon i seem to use are OU and UU as far as i know i could be wrong and ii hope to build a very good team also i have been playing Pokemon since Gen 2 and started playing competitively in Gen 4 i hope this a good way to introduce my self
Hi Raton!
Welcome to the site! Try out the OverUsed and UnderUsed rooms in Showdown should you want to discuss the tiers. My first Pokemon game was a Gen 2, also, except I played it for 5 minutes on a 7 hour flight, so I consider my start to be Emerald. :/ Anyways, if you have any questions or need help, PM a mentor. Have a great time and I hope to see you in Showdown!
Hey guys, my name is tales, i'm 15 years old and i'm from brazil. I started playing pokemon in sapphire for the gameboy, but i never was interested in the metagame for the pokemon, now that i'm older i wanted to learn, so i wanted someone to help in the beginning of my quest :D. (sorry for the bad english, it isn't my native language).
Hello talesmarcal!
Nice to meet you! Since you would like someone to help you, go here for a mentor. Otherwise, have a great time on the site!

hi everyone, i'm Hax Brother Koga, or HaxBro.K
i'm 22, from Brazil :D
playing since gbc, but in competitive since Diamond/Pearl.

following smogon forum a few years but only now with an account :D

Hi all,

Decided to make the effort and get involved with the smogon community, after shamelessly lurking the forums and thieving people's movesets thought it best to get involved. I have dabbled on Pokemon Showdown in the past but never got into it seriously. Haven't played any of the pokemon games since HG/SS, didn't like the new pokes that they added. Then Hoenn remakes were confirmed and here I am.

Picked up AS when it came out last week and I'm absolutely loving it.

Other interests include motorcycles, making my own jerky, Freelancer and drum & bass.

QueBien

hi everyone, i'm Hax Brother Koga, or HaxBro.K
i'm 22, from Brazil :D
playing since gbc, but in competitive since Diamond/Pearl.

following smogon forum a few years but only now with an account :D
Welcome HaxBro.K!
Nice to meet ya! If you need help with anything, go here to find a mentor to help you. Otherwise, have a great time on Smogon and in Showdown!
Hi all,

Decided to make the effort and get involved with the smogon community, after shamelessly lurking the forums and thieving people's movesets thought it best to get involved. I have dabbled on Pokemon Showdown in the past but never got into it seriously. Haven't played any of the pokemon games since HG/SS, didn't like the new pokes that they added. Then Hoenn remakes were confirmed and here I am.

Picked up AS when it came out last week and I'm absolutely loving it.

Other interests include motorcycles, making my own jerky, Freelancer and drum & bass.
Hi -Plato-!
Great that you decided to get involved with the community! I myself have been playing since Generation 3, and I also love the Hoenn remakes (great that you got AS because it is better imo)! PM a mentor if you need help, and have a great experience here!

(P.S. Can you hook me up with some of that jerky? :3 )

Hey everyone! My name's Joey but it's probably easier if you just call me Catch. A little about me, I'm 17 and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 3 but I've been a fan of Pokemon since the Johto anime episodes/movies. I've been doing stuff with Pokemon for years, I used to be pretty active on Bulbapedia and I got into competitive battling almost exactly a year ago. Outside of Pokemon, I'm an avid player of retro video games (and some modern ones, but mostly just Pokemon and Smash Bros when it comes to newer games), and I'm a fan of wide pool of different types of music.

Anyway, this is my first post on the forums, and I only joined a few days ago and haven't been online since due to Thanksgiving travels, so this post and it's replies are gonna be my first experiences with it. I don't really know where to go exactly so maybe some people can point me in a direction I'll enjoy. Thanks for reading!

Hello! I'm Harry, I'm 18. I'm a new user. I've been browsing the site for a while but finally decided to sign up as I am very interested in the metagame. Favourite gen is gen3, and I'm loving OR/AS. I love experimenting on Showdown (username CptnHedgey), and battling players on Battle Spot. Favourite Pokemon is Flygon, favourite type is Dragon. I mostly play OU, however I'm having lots of fun with AG lately :-)

If you want to battle me on Showdown or in-game (XY, OR/AS), give me a shout!

JT

Banned deucer.
Hey there, I'm Jake! I'm a new(ish) user to Pokemon Showdown!. A couple of really helpful users told me to get introduced into the Smogon community and so here I am. I was reading through the list of what one can get involved in and everything seems really interesting. It's just really confusing as to how to get involved.

Hi -Plato-!
Great that you decided to get involved with the community! I myself have been playing since Generation 3, and I also love the Hoenn remakes (great that you got AS because it is better imo)! PM a mentor if you need help, and have a great experience here!

(P.S. Can you hook me up with some of that jerky? :3 )
I have heaps of it, postage might be a bit exorbitant though...thanks for the welcome in.

Hi people I'm Will 22yrs. From The little island of Puerto Rico. I have been playing pokemon pretty much since R/B but started dwelling into the competitive community only just recently, I have been active I'd say since B/W but I would say I never had a full grasp or understanding of the game until X/Y. I mostly have played OU and Monotype metas but with the arrival or ORAS starts the age of a new meta. I love pokemon and I really want to get more involved in the community as I would really like to get better at the game and possibly be able to participate in top grade tournaments in the future. [:

Hi ho! ~

Just registered today, but I've been a long (loooooong) time lurker of the website and forums.

I only plucked up the courage to register just there, but I've lurked on Smogon since Gen IV. I've been playing the games since Gen 4, with Diamond being my first. I first got into competitive battling a couple of years ago, but I'm not very good at all! I hope I'll improve I guess!

I tend to join sites/forums for a while and then kind of get scared and stop visiting, so I hope I can find a niché here soon!

I'm 18, from Ireland and I'm in my last year of secondary school, applying for Law in University :3

Nice to meet you all! ~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)