SPOILERS! Indigo Disk Discussion

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Mochi Mayhem is just a classic-style Pokémon movie placed inside of a video game DLC, change my mind

In all seriousness, though, I've reached the point of inconsistent boredom- emphasis on the inconsistency part- with these games to the point where the extent of the fun I've had with both parts of the DLC is that I care more about running around mindlessly waiting for cool and rare stuff to show up on the map as opposed to enjoying what little engaging story is present here outside of Ogerpon's own backstory in The Teal Mask. That was a very long sentence, but what I'm trying to say here is that I and most other experienced fans aren't playing Pokémon for the story. If you want a Pokémon-like game with actually good writing, there are other franchises out there that have the added bonus of not being made by Game Freak. So, what does any of what I just said have to do with Mochi Mayhem? Long story short, I already know about all of the story spoilers for the parts of Scarlet & Violet I haven't actively played through yet, and that's specifically because I wanted to see the spoilers.

This... is a bit of a problem, as you could probably tell. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I feel much less guilty looking at spoilers and leaks for something I've been primed to believe will be underwhelming than something that I genuinely believe will be worth my time and effort to wait on because of the pre-established quality of the product. And we all know how the Switch era has fared in that department up to this point. Suffice to say, I felt more inclined to watch spoilers of this stuff before the so-called Epilogue even went live, and you know what really sucks? Is the fact that I was absolutely right. Despite being called as such, it doesn't feel like an epilogue to the DLC at all, feeling more like its own thing that just happens to include returning characters out of obligation because they weren't in the rest of the DLC. If you replace any of most of the characters with other characters in The Teal Mask and The Indigo Disk's own stories, the dynamic of the story would naturally shift accordingly. But with this update, you could probably replace any of Nemona, Arven, Penny, Carmine, realistically anyone aside from Kieran with someone else, and literally nothing would change. Pecharunt wasn't really handled as thoroughly as well as I would have liked to see, either, but then again, I could say the same about the majority of Mythical Pokémon so at least then my disappointment with its lack of conclusive backstory and history with the Royal Three wasn't surprising.

I'll be back with an update post at a later point in time; I want to try and individually count how many times the word "Mochi" is said by a character in this update. This update reeks of the times when the Alola region lazily slapped the word "Ultra" and the letter "Z" onto almost everything instead of taking the time and effort to come up with original names, but as this is just a personal nitpick about this update, I can't be too strict about that. So far I've counted at least 20 uses of the word "Mochi" in the span of an update whose play length is only about an hour and a half long. For context, that means someone says the word "Mochi" at least once every four and a half minutes on average.

Last edited:
Mochi Mayhem is just a classic-style Pokémon movie placed inside of a video game DLC, change my mind

In all seriousness, though, I've reached the point of inconsistent boredom- emphasis on the inconsistency part- with these games to the point where the extent of the fun I've had with both parts of the DLC is that I care more about running around mindlessly waiting for cool and rare stuff to show up on the map as opposed to enjoying what little engaging story is present here outside of Ogerpon's own backstory in The Teal Mask. That was a very long sentence, but what I'm trying to say here is that I and most other experienced fans aren't playing Pokémon for the story. If you want a Pokémon-like game with actually good writing, there are other franchises out there that have the added bonus of not being made by Game Freak. So, what does any of what I just said have to do with Mochi Mayhem? Long story short, I already know about all of the story spoilers for the parts of Scarlet & Violet I haven't actively played through yet, and that's specifically because I wanted to see the spoilers.

This... is a bit of a problem, as you could probably tell. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I feel much less guilty looking at spoilers and leaks for something I've been primed to believe will be underwhelming than something that I genuinely believe will be worth my time and effort to wait on because of the pre-established quality of the product. And we all know how the Switch era has fared in that department up to this point. Suffice to say, I felt more inclined to watch spoilers of this stuff before the so-called Epilogue even went live, and you know what really sucks? Is the fact that I was absolutely right. Despite being called as such, it doesn't feel like an epilogue to the DLC at all, feeling more like its own thing that just happens to include returning characters out of obligation because they weren't in the rest of the DLC. If you replace any of most of the characters with other characters in The Teal Mask and The Indigo Disk's own stories, the dynamic of the story would naturally shift accordingly. But with this update, you could probably replace any of Nemona, Arven, Penny, Carmine, realistically anyone aside from Kieran with someone else, and literally nothing would change. Pecharunt wasn't really handled as thoroughly as well as I would have liked to see, either, but then again, I could say the same about the majority of Mythical Pokémon so at least then my disappointment with its lack of conclusive backstory and history with the Royal Three wasn't surprising.

I'll be back with an update post at a later point in time; I want to try and individually count how many times the word "Mochi" is said by a character in this update. This update reeks of the times when the Alola region lazily slapped the word "Ultra" and the letter "Z" onto almost everything instead of taking the time and effort to come up with original names, but as this is just a personal nitpick about this update, I can't be too strict about that. So far I've counted at least 20 uses of the word "Mochi" in the span of an update whose play length is only about an hour and a half long. For context, that means someone says the word "Mochi" at least once every four and a half minutes on average.
That's just basic modern GF Pokemon writing, I wanna add than the best place to get good pokemon writing are spin-offs PMD, Rangers, hell, we got two decent story wise battle focused games on Coloseum and GoD. I think the reason why things still feel kinda underwhelming or incomplete is because we might end up getting a "final" DLC pack. We still don't know what the hell happened to Arven's missing parent the one who didn't die, we had the whole alternate timeline bit were we exchanged books with the professor, W.Wake and I.Leaves still remain Raid locked, we got that falseflag of the fused beasts/swords who may or may not end up real or remain just a tease, also quite a bit of legendary mons haven't been released, at the end of a gen GF always do the usual "Release the Kraken" were all legends myths and Box-Legends are allowed and quite a bit of Legends or legend-like mons haven't been released yet like the Kalos trio, Tapus and UB's. I mean I could be wrong, GF seem to be keen on breaking traditions since I dunno, last decade but if even on the Dexit game they brought all them back on the DMax Adventures, I won't be surprised if they snuck a way to bring them back, they could snuck a Snackswort kinda guy or just re-use him again or do like the example above with the paradox, make a lazy update and drip feed them on raids.

wut if i told u

Ultra Z Mochi

As annoying as Pokemon stories or writing can be, I've enjoyed a fair bit of it for the past several gens. Even SWSH had some gems in there, regardless of the several other balls it dropped.

I'm not going to begrudge people who don't vibe with any of it or who don't play these games for anything related to writing --its all extremely subjective-- but on the whole I don't think they're notably worse than most of the spin offs, and I say that one as someone who enjoys those too.
That's just basic modern GF Pokemon writing, I wanna add than the best place to get good pokemon writing are spin-offs PMD, Rangers, hell, we got two decent story wise battle focused games on Coloseum and GoD. I think the reason why things still feel kinda underwhelming or incomplete is because we might end up getting a "final" DLC pack. We still don't know what the hell happened to Arven's missing parent the one who didn't die, we had the whole alternate timeline bit were we exchanged books with the professor, W.Wake and I.Leaves still remain Raid locked, we got that falseflag of the fused beasts/swords who may or may not end up real or remain just a tease, also quite a bit of legendary mons haven't been released, at the end of a gen GF always do the usual "Release the Kraken" were all legends myths and Box-Legends are allowed and quite a bit of Legends or legend-like mons haven't been released yet like the Kalos trio, Tapus and UB's. I mean I could be wrong, GF seem to be keen on breaking traditions since I dunno, last decade but if even on the Dexit game they brought all them back on the DMax Adventures, I won't be surprised if they snuck a way to bring them back, they could snuck a Snackswort kinda guy or just re-use him again or do like the example above with the paradox, make a lazy update and drip feed them on raids.
While I wouldnt' say no to more DLC and who knows perhaps they'll surprise us with smaller scale DLC instead of a new game (lol, lmao) next month ...i really don't think we're getting another DLC pack. This is about as final as it gets. Even without the thing literally titled "Epilogue" that brings all our friends from base game and DLC together to tie up that last lingering thing from Kitakami, the scene at the lake of handing over the books and cutting straight to a title screen at sunset feels like it's meant to be pretty final.

Stuff like the other parent is probably never getting addressed because all that was important was they abandoned them. They're just out there, uncaring about what they left behind and Arven doesn't seem especially interested in finding them.
The "alternate timeline" stuff is probably meant to be be an answer, not a thing to pick up again.
The merged beasts are out of universe just meant to be a shared tease of the new paradoxes to come and in-universe the easiest explanation is just the explorer based their sketch after seeing glimspes of the other ones who are.......probably...also in the book and we just don't read it judging by a few of the dex entries (even if the dumb sketch is what they kee ppointing to elsewhere...so dumb...)
The snackworth stuff is likely meant to be the "release the kraken". I think they're just don't putting every legend in every game, just like they're done putting every Pokemon in every game. The others might be in a future game this gen, depending on what they decide to do, but probably never coming to SV unless they decide to do what they decided against last gen (actually updating the competitive game with Pokemon from the rest of the titles released later). The fact they added more legends but didn't put them in Snackworth's stache tells me their plans are to eventually do more raids like Dialga/Palkia, too; so that'll be the "post-end of life, pre-end of the generation" plan alongside running through the rest of the starters and whatever else they want.

And everything else, well, I think it's meant to be left unanswered on purpose. Either to be keep it mysterious or because it wasn't meant to be something be obsessed over. Even if it can be frustrating.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So having finished it: that was a cute little thing.
I liked how it let Kieren be Kieren, without the drama of worrying he's too worthless or never strong enough and he bounced off the Paldea crew nicely. It was a good send off to his character, and I've been enjoying his Club Room interactions as well.
The Paldea trio was also great, they still bounce off each other well. Arven even got to show off some of his own attachment issues. Penny being Peony's daughter is great, also.

Wasn't too long, but I think that's fine. It kept a nice pace because of it; it did kind of feel like a cheesy horror movie and them moving around the trainer NPCs once things got going was a nice touch.

I was a little worried that it'd be too goofy, but I think it hit the right stride. I also think that after 6 stories that were all varying levels of harsh (Victory Road is like the one explicitly light hearted one and it still had an undercurrent of kind of being a bummer with Nemona's desire to have an equal) its nice the game ends on a goofy ghost peach making everyone do stupid dances with mind control mochi.

I do think it's kind of funny that although the game doesn't really hide Pecharunt's involvement with the Ogerpon & Loyal 3 backstory it also does nothing to actually address it in the story proper. As far as everyone's concerned this is just a weird Pokemon fucking things up with mochi for unknown reasons.

Pecharunt, Ogerpon & the Loyal 3 reacting to each other is great. And I love the Pecharunt battle theme! It was a good end.

Minor issues:
-I think sidelining Carmine entirely was the wrong move. We get very little of her interacting with the cast or with Kieren because she's already under the Mochi control to start off the story. This is also after being put more towards the sidelines as it was in Indigo Disk too, its a shame. At least she'll have some League Club dialog.
-The Mochi battle theme kinda sucks. I get wanting to keep things goofy but I think it could have gone for more of a b-horror vibe rather than something I'd probably hear while waiting for Iono Zone to start
-I think to sort of keep the tension up between scenes, the music should have swapped out for that "horror" theme they had in some of the cutscenes while traveling around.
-Feels that after you complete the Epilogue nobody talks about Pecharunt at all from what I can tell. Feels like someone, anyone, should at least acknowledge that it's been hiding out as a toy for hundreds of years after Ogerpon beat it senseless (lmao what if it was just pure poison abefore Ogerpon "killed" it). Or in general have NPCs go "hey remember all that mochi? that was crazy. what a weird pokemon! Felt kind of familiar...."
-Maybe not..."issue", but I AM also a little surprised that Pecharunt was seemingly completely uninvolved with the revival of the Loyal 3, which is also not explained at all despite it feeling like there was definitely something a little more than Kieren's self doubts and anger going on.
I agree re: Kieran and Carmine, I enjoyed Kieran’s characterisation but sidelining Carmen was very bleh for me. Also what we spent a few weeks with the gang in Kitakami after that and its just like nothing rip.

Where is Penny confirmed as Peony’s daughter, how did I miss that?

When you say the game doesn’t hide Pecharunt’s involvement, I’m confused, I didn’t see any reference to it at all, so outside of knowing the lore/basis outside of Pokemon are they shown as canonically connected?

edit: nvm I missed the whole Adventour reference - its been a while since I played Gen 8

Also will note re: DLC in general I recall seeing a tweet saying this “seems like the end of the story for Scarlet/Violet”. Thought it very curious they used the word “seems” particularly.

When you say the game doesn’t hide Pecharunt’s involvement, I’m confused, I didn’t see any reference to it at all, so outside of knowing the lore/basis outside of Pokemon are they shown as canonically connected?
mmm that was probably a poor way of stating this, actually

What I mean is, the connection is clearly there:
-aesthetically ties to the Loyal 3
-the dex entries emphasizing the connection to the Loyal 3's backstory
-Goes directly to the shrine/its ruins and seems somewhat confused/annoyed
-Has reactions to Ogerpon/the Loyal 3 if you bring them to the battle.
-The dex picture literally has it next to the Loyal 3

What is a better way of saying it....it's like...it's never stated outright but even if you miss the corner its tucked away in the backstory or don't bring the right Pokemon, or know the momotaro story, there's enough there where its like "okay this means that and therefore....".

It's not trying to hide it, it's just not outright about it and as such the characters will never know or comment? That kind of thing.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mmm that was probably a poor way of stating this, actually

What I mean is, the connection is clearly there:
-aesthetically ties to the Loyal 3
-the dex entries emphasizing the connection to the Loyal 3's backstory
-Goes directly to the shrine/its ruins and seems somewhat confused/annoyed
-Has reactions to Ogerpon/the Loyal 3 if you bring them to the battle.
-The dex picture literally has it next to the Loyal 3

What is a better way of saying it....it's like...it's never stated outright but even if you miss the corner its tucked away in the backstory or don't bring the right Pokemon, or know the momotaro story, there's enough there where its like "okay this means that and therefore....".

It's not trying to hide it, it's just not outright about it and as such the characters will never know or comment? That kind of thing.
Also along with the dex entries, when it uses Malignant Chain the actual chains used on the Loyal Three are seen

So having finished the update, I like what I played but it also feels a little bit half-baked, in that most of the elements I would want from a little bonus story like this are there, but could use a bit more meat to them.

The main thing that I find kind of off-putting is the pacing. The reunion with the Paldea gang and invitation are cool, but then you quick travel to Paldea, walk to Kieran's House for the introduction to him, and then the Mochi weirdness starts within minutes with Carmine already infected. I feel like another scene was needed here, like Kieran and Carmine take the gang to a Festival or show them around Kitakami Hall, and then someone's in Mochi Mode by the time you get back because they ate one while there. Since the inciting incident is seeing Pecharunt vanish from Peachy's, you're kind of already anticipating something to go weird and the interaction isn't enough to put it in the back of your mind for the "oh shit" moment Carmine's supposed to present.

It was nice seeing everyone bounce off each other and I think Kieran played really well off the rest of the gang. Most of the stuff during the Zombie outbreak was good, though I do think the runaround with Arven and Penny felt a little silly, like not calling them to say "Nemona's heading to Kitakami Hall" and making them the show that Mochi = Mind Control when you find Nemona maybe running around with Pecharunt there.

Might have also been cool to have done a Boss gauntlet, like following Pecharunt to Loyalty Plaza and having to fight Penny/Arven and Carmine + Someone else (bring in Drayton, they kinda just forgot him after the Area Zero rejection and I think doing some silly junk with him would be nice) before Kieran's too worn out to help with Nemona (Pecharunt can still have a downtime to save before fighting it). This is more preference than a complaint about the handling.

I think the weakest part of the Epilogue though is the ending, or the lack thereof. Like we just explain what happened to everyone, a time skip happens, and we have the good-bye scene to go home. I don't expect direct exposition on Pecharunt's role as the "Momotaro" to the Loyal 3 or anything, but maybe just something like you bringing it out post capture and Carmine chewing it out for making her do a silly dance. Heck the Mochi barely even get acknowledged as the method of mind control beyond 2 scenes of characters eating them, and the Mythical Pecha Berry feels kinda of tacked on since it doesn't come up as to why it woke Pecharunt up. I would have expected it to be the solution, like you use it as a Smellingsalt, wake up Carmine or Nemona or someone (Pecha curing Poison and all), and that's how you find out Pecharunt's behind it and know to hunt it down and catch it.

Like the baseline is all there, I just wish it had more to do. Will be getting into stuff like the Special Coaches later alongside any unlocked by the Epilogue. Saving Legendary/Paradox clean-up until we get the next patch in hopes they fix the IV bugs.

I played through the epilogue yesterday. It took me around 90 minutes to complete. It was actually a bit longer than I expected, which is a plus.

Have some short thoughts.

In order to start the epilogue, I had to download a Mythical Pecha Berry through Mystery Gift. I had expected the epilogue to just be added through a patch, so this was a surprise. This explains how people were able to play through the epilogue before it was officially released, and why Pecharunt was already in the game data. I would honestly have preferred if they had added the epilogue with a patch instead of doing it this way, but since the Berry event seems to be running infinitely, it is fine. Because of the way it was handled, I got spoiled on some things before I started playing. But it didn’t ruin my experience in any way, so we’re all good there.

I didn’t make a new team or anything for the epilogue since I didn’t expect it to be as long as the regular DLCs, and if I had made a new team, I would probably just have had bad luck with the levels again. Instead, I used my mid-game team. It was at level 95 when I started, so I was a bit overleveled, but that’s okay. I had no issues in any of the battles, they were all easy. My team members got some good training along the way, they grew 1-2 levels each.

Regarding the story, it was short but fun. I liked going on a short trip to Kitakami with Nemona, Arven and Penny. It was nice to see some bonding between these three and the player. It was fun to see Nemona, Arven and Penny meet up with Kieran and Carmine. My only complaint is that Carmine didn’t have a big role in the story, but you can’t have everything.

Me five years ago.

Pecharunt and the way it manipulated people was unexpected. The mochi dance was so funny and silly!

I love how Kieran was handled here. He really got to be a hero this time around as he and the player were the only ones to not get affected by the poison. Teaming up with Kieran to solve the mystery of the mochi dance was great. Unlike the Indigo Disk, Kieran wasn’t interested in getting stronger here. Thanks to his previous experiences, he had learned that strength isn’t the only thing worth striving for in life. He didn’t even want to catch Pecharunt, he left it to the player instead. Kieran just wanted things to go back to normal, and I think this was an excellent way to round up his character arc. Kieran has definitely grown to be one of my favorite characters in Pokémon at this point.

Still the best big sister.

I love the new music in the epilogue. There’s the regular Mochi Dance battle theme (or that’s what I call it) as well as Pecharunt’s theme. Both of them slap so hard that after I played through the epilogue yesterday, the main melody was stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Just like Carmine’s theme, both of them remind me of the music in the Shantae games. I also learned that these two themes are remixes of the Loyal Three battle theme. Or is it the Loyal Three theme that is a remix of these? Pecharunt is their leader, after all. I listened to the Loyal Three theme a little more after playing the epilogue, and I can appreciate it more now, which is great.

Let’s talk about Pecharunt.

While it is never outright stated in the game, it seems that Pecharunt is the real mastermind behind the Loyal Three. My impression is that it used its poison to manipulate them, they didn’t follow it on their own free will. Though I can’t help but wonder why Pecharunt was after Ogerpon and her trainer? What did it have against them? It is a mystery and I’m fine with it staying that way.

Pecharunt is the first Ghost/Poison Pokémon since the Gastly line. It has really weird stats, with very high Defense but average in everything else. Its signature Ability Poison Puppeteer is cool but pretty haxy since it causes confusion if it poisons a target. I really like how it works so well in context of the story since Pecharunt both poisoned and confused the people in Kitakami. Malignant Chain seems to be a solid signature move, slightly more powerful than Sludge Wave. This seems to be the “Toxic Chain” that the Loyal Three has, as its Japanese name is Toxic Chain. It is also very suitable that Pecharunt learns Nasty Plot since it came up with some very nasty plots both in the present and the past.

I learned that if you sent out Ogerpon or any of the Loyal Three when battling Pecharunt, there would be special reactions from Ogerpon or Pecharunt. I didn’t get to see it in my game, but I saw a video of it, and it was really cool.

Pecharunt is number #243 in the Blueberry Dex, adding it made my Blueberry Dex complete for the second and last time. It feels like it would have been more suitable for it to be end of the Kitakami Dex, but whatever.

Yesterday, I was unable to deposit Pecharunt in Home. I got an error, and after searching, I learned that Home had not been updated with data for Pecharunt yet. Which was weird since its silhouette was visible there. But I saw that Home got an update today, so I tried to deposit it again, and it worked! With, I have 1025 Pokémon registered. When will we get to #1026? In due time. But no rush, I can wait.

Pecharunt is a mythical Pokémon, the first and possibly last one for Gen 9. From that perspective, I think that the epilogue is not only the best way the games have handled a mythical since Deoxys in OR/AS, but the best way they have handled a mythical in the entire series to date. They really set a new standard for how mythicals should be handled and I hope we’ll see more like it in the future.

I have decided to add Pecharunt to my upcoming legendary/mythical team, it just feels right. With that, I have only one member left to decide on. I’m thinking about Meloetta, but I haven’t made a final decision yet. In addition to that, I also feel like training some more Pokémon for what might become two more teams. Since there are no Battle Facilities in ScaVio, I have no reason to just leave any of the legends unused, especially since there’s a risk they might be dexited in the next games. I thought about making another team with the Treasures of Ruin and the Loyal Three, but it would be seven Pokémon in that case, which won’t fit in one team. I then thought about adding the Swords of Justice Paradoxes, which would make ten, leaving me with two more Pokémon left to add for two teams. There are so many cool Pokémon to use! Though I haven’t made a final decision yet. Training all of these Pokémon will be fun, but it will also take some time.

Overall, the epilogue was a very fun and enjoyable way to end the story of ScaVio. I wonder how they are going to top this story in the future. Since it took them all the way to Gen 9 to top the Gen 5 story, maybe Gen 13 will be the next to take the top spot? I guess the future will tell.

I’m going to play Violet a little more before taking another break. I want to see if I can get to battle Kieran at the League Club. I battled Carmine yesterday, but I wouldn’t mind facing her again. Maybe I’ll also grind up some more BP and invite more coaches, or unlock more features. And while I’m at it, I think I’ll train my mid-game team to level 100 so they are done. All of this should be done in just a few days, then I’ll take another break from the game and return to it one last time later this year.

Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd have an extra DLC without much of a story, just a "you can go up the Poke-Pyrenees, and have a go around the Southern Kalos map, where you can get all the remaining species, and Megas too!", but, I don't really see that happening.

Anyway, these are the fully evolved 'mons missing from SV as of the DLC, ordered by region of origin of the family:

1705083318477.png

This seems to be the “Toxic Chain” that the Loyal Three has, as its Japanese name is Toxic Chain.
It actually looks like their names are slightly different.

Ability: どくのくさり
Move: じゃどくのくさり

The move has mostly the same characters, but with じゃ appended to the front. If anyone who knows Japanese could explain the significance of this change, I am very curious.

It actually looks like their names are slightly different.

Ability: どくのくさり
Move: じゃどくのくさり

The move has mostly the same characters, but with じゃ appended to the front. If anyone who knows Japanese could explain the significance of this change, I am very curious.
I don't know Japanese but if I had t oguess it's probably meant to signify greater toxicity, or a different kind of poison. for what little machine translation can be worth, deepl translates the move as "snake venom"; assuming bulbapedia didn't make a mistake I assume it can also be read as "toxic chain" so there's probably a pun that doesn't translate over.

Which is probably why english went with Malignant Chain

I learned that if you sent out Ogerpon or any of the Loyal Three when battling Pecharunt, there would be special reactions from Ogerpon or Pecharunt. I didn’t get to see it in my game, but I saw a video of it, and it was really cool.
I've heard that as well and I kept both Okidogi and Ogerpon in my team and sent them out in every battle but... I didn't get any weird reaction at all? Did I miss something?

Or you're telling me the special reaction was just the "Cha cha cha something" it says at start? :row:

Or you're telling me the special reaction was just the "Cha cha cha something" it says at start? :row:
Sort of.

When you first send out each of the Loyal Three against Pecharunt, there’s a short interruption dialogue of Pecharunt saying, “Pechaaa! Chraaahhh!”

When you first send out Ogerpon against Pecharunt, there’s a short interruption dialogue of Ogerpon saying, “GRAH! Pon PON!!!”

Had a long ass flight so I played the DLC storyline then. DLC storyline was pretty solid imo. I liked the character interactions between everyone. Very little felt unnatural about the way most of the characters acted (when the weren't mind controlled). The little chicken dance they did when mind controller was funny.

Thought it was interesting thwt kieran used poliwrath over politoed & Nemona used two psuedos in your match vs her.

I liked how this felt like a more fleshed out version of the events we saw in gen 3 & 4.

I guess the only thing I wasn't a fan of is how nothing about Pechurant's lore was really expanded on apart from implications. I'm sure there's a glimmora and Chingling connection, but it's difficult to say anything since nothing was revealed

Had a long ass flight so I played the DLC storyline then. DLC storyline was pretty solid imo. I liked the character interactions between everyone. Very little felt unnatural about the way most of the characters acted (when the weren't mind controlled). The little chicken dance they did when mind controller was funny.

Thought it was interesting thwt kieran used poliwrath over politoed & Nemona used two psuedos in your match vs her.

I liked how this felt like a more fleshed out version of the events we saw in gen 3 & 4.

I guess the only thing I wasn't a fan of is how nothing about Pechurant's lore was really expanded on apart from implications. I'm sure there's a glimmora and Chingling connection, but it's difficult to say anything since nothing was revealed
I don't think there's any connection to Glimmora or Chingling? First I've heard of someone trying to link them together.

Glimmora's tied to the tera crystal pool, and presumably only showed up years after the whole incident went down at which point Pecharunt was presumably in slumber after getting owned.
Chingling seems....entirely unrelated to anything.

I don't think there's any connection to Glimmora or Chingling? First I've heard of someone trying to link them together.

Glimmora's tied to the tera crystal pool, and presumably only showed up years after the whole incident went down at which point Pecharunt was presumably in slumber after getting owned.
Chingling seems....entirely unrelated to anything.
Was mostly headcannon. Glimmora and chingling connections mainly stemmed from the similarity in appearance + it being hinted by outside sources that there would be something going with them in the DLC (which never happened). It's less of the game's fault and more of the leak culture setting up unrealistic expectations. I felt similar disappointment when it was revealed Hypdrappl had nothing to do with Pechurant.

Hey cool, cloning glitch.

The basic premise is to find a wild Smeargle somewhere, and escort it to be near a tree. Not right up against the tree, but probably 2-3 feet away. Then engage Smeargle in a battle, and lead with a non-Imposter Ditto or a Mew with Transform. Get Smeargle to Sketch Transform, then the following turn it will be forced to use that move while you switch to the Pokemon you want to clone. It probably needs to be a big Pokemon; Arceus, Giratina, and Ursaluna are popular choices. Once Smeargle transforms, just run away to end the battle, and see what happens. Sometimes the opposing Pokemon vanishes, in which case no harm, no foul, just look for another Smeargle and try again. Sometimes, though, the large model gets tangled up with the tree and somehow that prevents it from vanishing. In that case it will stick around, now as the cloned Pokemon instead of any trace of Smeargle.

You can engage it in battle and catch it, which will overwrite the met data and say that it was caught in whatever biome, on today's date, by your current trainer. As a result, most Pokemon you try to catch this way will be provably illegal, since it's not like there's any legal Arceus encounter in the Terarium. If it's a Pokemon that's already been to another game that got deposited in Home prior to going to SV, Home will likewise be able to look up the clone's ID and determine that it disagrees with its own history, preventing you from depositing it back: "This ID was associated with an Arceus that was caught in Brilliant Diamond, what's it's doing now saying that it was met in Scarlet? HACKED, transfer rejected!" Still, there are some goofy things you can do with this.
  • The most prominent one, and the one that doesn't run into any legality concerns, is that if you give the cloned Pokemon an item, you can engage it in battle, use Thief or Trick to steal the item (and place it directly into your bag), then run away and the Pokemon will remain there. You can then battle it again and it will still be holding the same item, allowing you to repeat this process. Get a bunch of rare balls or Ability Patches this way (but since you can't hold sandwich ingredients, no cloning Herba Mystica). This is similar to what you could do with the cloned ride legends on 1.0, now with a reopened vector for anyone who missed it the first time.
  • Slap a new ball on Pokemon that were previously ball-locked, giving people even more ways to tell they're illegal. Repeat Ball Skeledirge, anyone?
  • Drayton's gym challenge is to do battles where you're only allowed to use Pokemon that were met in the Terarium (and not in Tera Raids there either). Make those underlings tremble in fear of how you could have possibly met a Giratina that qualifies for the challenge!
  • In the League Club Room, you'll eventually build enough rapport with the trainers there that they'll perform in-game trades, and the Pokemon they give you comes with the new Partner Ribbon, in which the title incorporates the original trainer name. "Drayton's Archaludon, huh? Just clone it and...guess it's My Archaludon now!"
  • You can clone fused Pokemon that are normally impossible to have more than one of at a time: Kyurem, Necrozma, and Calyrex. This is prone to getting your game into a gummed-up state, since it won't be possible to unfuse more than one of them per species, and you won't be able to trade or even release the extras, let alone deposit them into Home. But, assuming you ignore the blatantly illegal met data on one of them, you can finally have Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B on the same team!
  • If Blissey is somehow large enough to work with the glitch, you could finally see how much experience that level 1 international trade gets for beating a L100 Blissey under the new experience formula...

oh look the story that should've been in the game instead of a separate video...
It's genuinely fascinating that there's not even a NPC to do an optional text dump to summarize this.

The official site has a write up even stating the people of Kitakami call the sleeping pecharunt a nickname, that also never comes up.
It withdrew into its shell and, over time, became known to the locals as the Never-Rotting Peach.

It's genuinely fascinating that there's not even a NPC to do an optional text dump to summarize this.

The official site has a write up even stating the people of Kitakami call the sleeping pecharunt a nickname, that also never comes up.
As the video states, no one in Kitakami knew this story. Heck, the plot of the Teal Mask is debunking the beloefs that the Loyal 3 were virtuous heroes. Only Kieran and Carmine's ancestors knew the three were evil, so how could they have known about a pokemon not even from Kitakami?

As the video states, no one in Kitakami knew this story. Heck, the plot of the Teal Mask is debunking the beloefs that the Loyal 3 were virtuous heroes. Only Kieran and Carmine's ancestors knew the three were evil, so how could they have known about a pokemon not even from Kitakami?
Somehow between Paldea, Kitakami getting tourists and Blueberry Academy I think we could get one (1) NPC somewhere, anywhere, that has information even passively alluding to Pecharunt's backstory

e: THE RETURN OF BILLY & O'NARE who stumble around the world and land on 80% of the way towards Pecharunt's backstory entirely by happen stance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)