Hydro Pump! Charizard is shot down. (Cannon Cup Round 2)

When will the round end?

• This upcoming tuesday!

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Sunday man, we want it going back to normal!

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sorry Regice 94 my bad, I confused you with destroyer123 actually lol, so nevermind that, you should be the obvious winner.

It's time to stop being so nice IMO:

njsoccer vs dark latios - BOTH DQ'd (doesn't affect tourney) AND Tournament Blacklist. No effort visible whatsoever but I bet they will try their best NOT to be blacklisted.

Scruffy vs LonelyNess - Obvious result and Tournament Blacklist.

Olimarman vs yoshi! - Obvious result and Tournament Blacklist if he didn't complete his match from last Round, which I don't recall but I'm betting he didn't.

Gouki vs Regice 94 - Regice 94 "tried" when he was threatened to be Blacklisted, but besides a 'Gouki PM me when you can battle' which leads me to believe he in fact never did, and Gouki's obvious absence, both DQ'd and directly to the Tournament Blacklist IMO. Again, doesn't affect the tournament.

This is just IMO though, and there isn't even a 'Tournament Blacklist' (there should be one mods!) and it is up to tennis on what he does.
I don't know about tournament blacklisting (everyone should get a type of warning first), but I can't figure out why people sign up for stuff they don't have time for =/. Or, maybe they do, but the time spent is poorly managed.

If you're making no attempt to finish a tournament battle (given a week's time frame), then you've got no business being in the tournament.

I editted Regice 94 vs Gouki matchup on my original post Scruffy, but IMO people only react when 'harsher' consequences are applied. Or else you get more than 50% incomplete matches like in my previous two tourneys =/.

Smogon finally started hosting few WiFi tournaments. This is the third one I think, right? You should have a tournament blacklist and don't hesitate to ban people who didn't try completing their matches at all from the next two tournament or something.
tennisisawesome does a good job, keep it up :)

edit: it's very disrespectful not at least to try completing their battle and to drop out without any reasons.

I don't agree with banning them, but some sort of "inactive" list would be a good idea.
Agreeing with this. Maybe it would allow for the people who aren't on the "inactive" list to get priority over the people on the list when the next tournament sign up comes around.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
i'd like to apologize for my absence; i had unexpected problems pop up this past week, and wasn't able to be on regularly at reasonable times. because i didn't know when i would be online, i wasn't able to set a time that i could honor. i did check if regice was online whenever i was, but i wasn't able to catch him, unfortunately.

sorry for bringing down the tourney.

Also agreeing with TUskate's idea. People live in different parts of the world, have school, work, families, etc. They shouldn't be banned from all tournaments if they mess up once (even for a whole week). I think some kind of "inactive list" would be better, with the threat of being "tourney blacklisted" so they'll think twice before entering and instill some sense of urgency to get future battles done.

why dont we just advance the people who did complete their matches and just DQ the people who didnt.

are there really that many people who join tournaments and dont complete their matches? often enough to make this "inactive list"?

becuase on several matches that people didn't complete there was one person who was constantly waiting for the opponent. It wouldn't be fare to kick them becuase their opponent didn't show

If we make an inactive list, can we at least be a little more lenient than 1 missed battle? Like Diesel mentioned time zones/vacation/personal life/etc. can cause these things occasionally and its not a big deal.
Also I think in the future it'd be nice if there were some uncompleted matches that the next bracket go up but give another short deadline for the uncompleted matches that have reasonable hope to get done, IE Gouki and Regice_94

For those who don't get what I'm saying, example: Mr Goodbar vs. (Gouki or Regice_94, deadline Jan. 10th)

Ok, time for the super quote.(and hopefully I'll be able to post the new round, seeing as I FINALLY have some free time on my hands... ugh... mid-terms suck.)

It's time to stop being so nice IMO:

njsoccer vs dark latios - BOTH DQ'd (doesn't affect tourney) AND Tournament Blacklist. No effort visible whatsoever but I bet they will try their best NOT to be blacklisted.

Scruffy vs LonelyNess - Obvious result and Tournament Blacklist.

Olimarman vs yoshi! - Obvious result and Tournament Blacklist if he didn't complete his match from last Round, which I don't recall but I'm betting he didn't.

EDIT: Gouki vs Regice 94 - Regice 94 tried to contact opponent, and Gouki is nowhere to be seen.

This is just IMO though, and there isn't even a 'Tournament Blacklist' (there should be one mods!) and it is up to tennis on what he does.
I'll post a little tid-bit on the blacklist thread regarding them. Hopefully the mods will take some action on this whole scenario.

I never even knew that i was about to be blacklisted,
and Gouki never did pm me. sorry about this guys, but if you want me in or out, im fine with either
Wow dude... ever hear of YOU putting the effort? In both rounds, I pm'd my opponent. Always take the initiative on that kind of thing. Seriously, just read the thread and find your opponent. It's not right to always blame the other person.

I'm not and don't be offended by my reply, it will sound alot harsher than it should but I dunno how else to phrase it.

I'm helping out with the pairings of the tournament and tennis consulted me on such matters (incomplete matches last round), so it is my business.

I also clearly stated before and after my post that it was IMO and it was up to tennis on his final decision, I just wanted to voice my discontent on lame users who can't commit 40 minutes to a tournament they willingly accepted to participate in.
Yeah guys, don't flame pablo. If it wasn't for him, this wouldn't be here. He's helped me out a LOT with this.

i think regice''s amazingly quick response means he was reading this thread looking for gouki, so he should stay in
I think he should just pm him. I'm not going to try to infer something that doesn't have the information to be supported.

You missed some tennis, let me fill you in

ROUND 2 Draw
ChouToshio vs wiinry
Alakapimp vs Dark-Ryu
Pablo vs jigokujin73
UmbreonPup56 vs negator
Krabs93 vs Tri-DarkSouls
Raistmagic vs TUskate
Mr_Goodbar vs Mastadi
Syberia vs masterzman
Tirsus vs Lightsabre
Fgtron vs Dragonknight08
Cw333 vs asiankid123
DARK LATIOS vs njsoccer
Komodo vs Kawl
Harro237 vs Supe
Noodle vs destroyer123
Cosmic Jeff vs tennisisawesome
Lonelyness vs Scruffy
R2 vs AceDragon619
Diesel vs Surf116
Olimarman vs yoshi!
Gouki vs Regice 94
Thanks, I'll fix it right away. :)

I don't know about tournament blacklisting (everyone should get a type of warning first), but I can't figure out why people sign up for stuff they don't have time for =/. Or, maybe they do, but the time spent is poorly managed.

If you're making no attempt to finish a tournament battle (given a week's time frame), then you've got no business being in the tournament.
I warned EVERYONE in the rules on each of the threads made for this tournament. Whether or not they read the rules is their problem. :( I sent out atleast 10 threatening pm's to people. (and you're exactly correct in your last statement, that's what I've been saying the entire time. )

Smogon finally started hosting few WiFi tournaments. This is the third one I think, right? You should have a tournament blacklist and don't hesitate to ban people who didn't try completing their matches at all from the next two tournament or something.
tennisisawesome does a good job, keep it up :)

edit: it's very disrespectful not at least to try completing their battle and to drop out without any reasons.
Thank you, I'm definitely trying my best.

I don't agree with banning them, but some sort of "inactive" list would be a good idea.
Why would we do that? There's no point in joining a tournament to just take up a spot, and never complete your matches. That's just moronic.

Agreeing with this. Maybe it would allow for the people who aren't on the "inactive" list to get priority over the people on the list when the next tournament sign up comes around.
:/ *points to above response*

i'd like to apologize for my absence; i had unexpected problems pop up this past week, and wasn't able to be on regularly at reasonable times. because i didn't know when i would be online, i wasn't able to set a time that i could honor. i did check if regice was online whenever i was, but i wasn't able to catch him, unfortunately.

sorry for bringing down the tourney.
It wasn't just you, so don't worry. Atleast you completed one of your matches, that's better than some of the people on here.

Also agreeing with TUskate's idea. People live in different parts of the world, have school, work, families, etc. They shouldn't be banned from all tournaments if they mess up once (even for a whole week). I think some kind of "inactive list" would be better, with the threat of being "tourney blacklisted" so they'll think twice before entering and instill some sense of urgency to get future battles done.
Tourney blacklisting wouldn't mean they couldn't participate, it just means that the host is warned of the innactivity and can have the right to deny them registration. I personally see no point in have an "innactive list*

why dont we just advance the people who did complete their matches and just DQ the people who didnt.

are there really that many people who join tournaments and dont complete their matches? often enough to make this "inactive list"?
If we don't do something, average Joe here can walk in and register every time, but never complete his match, thus, stalling the entire tourney. You need to think in the larger scheme of things.

becuase on several matches that people didn't complete there was one person who was constantly waiting for the opponent. It wouldn't be fare to kick them becuase their opponent didn't show
What? 0.o obviously we can tell which one would advance. (example: scruffy and lonelyness where we know for fact scruffy would show up)

If we make an inactive list, can we at least be a little more lenient than 1 missed battle? Like Diesel mentioned time zones/vacation/personal life/etc. can cause these things occasionally and its not a big deal.
Also I think in the future it'd be nice if there were some uncompleted matches that the next bracket go up but give another short deadline for the uncompleted matches that have reasonable hope to get done, IE Gouki and Regice_94

For those who don't get what I'm saying, example: Mr Goodbar vs. (Gouki or Regice_94, deadline Jan. 10th)
Blacklisting would only be to the people who didn't complete either of their matches, and couldn't provide a logical reason other than the "I don't have time" crap.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i just wanted to mention that regice said earlier that he did pm gouki, and just never got a response

tennis just has to PM me back with the results of the incomplete matches so I can make the 3rd Round, but looks like he left before doing that so expect the new Round sometime tomorrow I'm guessing with a deadline of Sunday 18th most likely.

LonelyNess has been ignoring Scruffy LightSabre, and I even doubt he has a WiFi team, he most likely only shoddybattles.

Pablo - take into consideration my idea? Leave the incompleted matches there and set a deadline, maybe 2 more days?
edit: with exception to lonelyness probably, who has only showed ignorance towards the tourney
edit2: well it's not really my idea but yea...
edit3: and of course he didn't leave an opinion, you little whippersnapper tennis

See Goodbar, I'd do it but that's not fair to the people who make an effort to actually complete the match, but if tennis wants it that way then I can do it. I'm only in charge of the pairings at the moment and I give him my opinions on issues that arise but the final word is his.

Here we go, pablo.

ROUND 2 Draw
ChouToshio vs wiinry
Alakapimp vs Dark-Ryu
Pablo vs jigokujin73
UmbreonPup56 vs negator
Krabs93 vs Tri-DarkSouls
Raistmagic vs TUskate
Mr_Goodbar vs Mastadi
Syberia vs masterzman
Tirsus vs Lightsabre
Fgtron vs Dragonknight08
Cw333 vs asiankid123
DARK LATIOS vs njsoccer
Komodo vs Kawl
Harro237 vs Supe
Noodle vs destroyer123
Cosmic Jeff vs tennisisawesome
Lonelyness vs Scruffy
R2 vs AceDragon619
Diesel vs Surf116
Olimarman vs yoshi!
Gouki vs
Regice 94

Can you make it off of that? (seeing as we just D/Q'd both NJsoccer and DARK LATIOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)