Hydro Pump! Charizard is shot down. (Cannon Cup Round 2)

When will the round end?

• This upcoming tuesday!

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Sunday man, we want it going back to normal!

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pm'ed my opponent 3 days ago saying I'ld need a day prep, he didn't respond (not that I was expecting) and I've sent him a second pm today saying I'm ready.
Ness will probably wait it out so that he can play on shoddy where he happens to be a god -_-

I have to agree with Goodbar on the extension. Unexpected Wi-Fi server problems is really no reason to penalize most of the contestants imo. Also I kind of think, if all else fails, shoddy could be an option (but only in extreme circumstances). People actually battling is better than coin flips right?
that's what I might have to resort to on several acounts, seeing as my wifi is bad enough without the server being almost completely out of it. shoddy can work but it has increased chances of haxing you from what I've seen

Pm'ed my opponent 3 days ago saying I'ld need a day prep, he didn't respond (not that I was expecting) and I've sent him a second pm today saying I'm ready.
Apparently LonelyNess thinks it's ok to just sign-up for a tourney and never complete matches... -___- Tourney blacklist anyone?

I'd like to motion this be open until tuesday regardless of the poll because of the unexpected wifi issues, does that seem reasonable to all of you? (Unfortunately sucks a lot for me since it happened the only time I could battle >.<)
EDIT: Also there will be a lot of coinflips as a lot of matches havent been completed
Well there is shoddy. People could have used that. :/ I guess we can extend it, seeing as lazy people aren't completing their matches...

I would Mr Goodbar, but I already voted for Sunday at the begining of the week. I understand that though
Screw the poll, that was just to see what people were thinking. I guess we can overule it and make the deadline Tuesday. As much as I hate to, I hate having to call incomplete match winners even more.

I've already completed my battle, but I'd agree to this. (I voted for Sunday, however.)
I think a lot of us who are now saying to back it up voted today as well. (myself included)

Alakapimp might be ahead of Pablo, but Pablo's not cheating : |

I have to agree with Goodbar on the extension. Unexpected Wi-Fi server problems is really no reason to penalize most of the contestants imo. Also I kind of think, if all else fails, shoddy could be an option (but only in extreme circumstances). People actually battling is better than coin flips right?
We actually already agreed upon shoddy being an option to those who absolutely need it.

Ness will probably wait it out so that he can play on shoddy where he happens to be a god -_-
I tend to doubt he'll complete his match regardless.

I hate people who are online and don't reply to PM's intentionally.
Ditto. :P

that's what I might have to resort to on several acounts, seeing as my wifi is bad enough without the server being almost completely out of it. shoddy can work but it has increased chances of haxing you from what I've seen
Increased haxing? o.0 Do explain, please. I don't have a shoddy account, so I haven't seen this.

Shoddy often haxes way to often like 5 defense drops or fullly para in a row. Blah blah. Stuff that never ever happens in the real games

it seems sometimes that shoddy increases the hax, such as getting frozen with an ice beam, or burn from flamethrower and things like that. I'm not sure if it actualy increases the hax but it seems to come up much more often

EDIT: another thing is once I stayed asleep for 10 turns in a row. that's not supposed to happen

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Increased haxing? o.0 Do explain, please. I don't have a shoddy account, so I haven't seen this.
I don't know if I'm going to say what Lightsabre meant, but Shoddy really strange every once in a while. At least with me, if I get a "positive" or "negative" hax once, chances are that it's going to repeat until I log off, or change the move/pokémon I'm using. I don't know if it's just really, really bipolar luck, but when you always paralyze with Thunder and avoid every Lava Plume burn, or almost always miss with Overheat just to swap the move for Fire Blast and then hit every single one, you know something bizarre's up.

Eww.. that sucks. >.< I guess we'll just have to deal with it if our wifi goes extremely wack... I really don't know what else to say.

well, I got through my battle with very little hax so it can work well. it just suddenly desides sometimes that it wants to make your game extremely haxy

I can't access Shoddy from my Wii, so that isn't an option for me. We'll have to do it from Wifi, which seems perfectly fine as long as wifi itself isn't being goofy (where it was for multiple days straight not too long ago).

typically these things are handled by the opponents themselves, just make a reasonable compromise of some sort

if you can repeat all the moves made that'd be best

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
typically these things are handled by the opponents themselves, just make a reasonable compromise of some sort

if you can repeat all the moves made that'd be best
yep we are going to do that cause i had a lot of things setted <.<

EDIT: i beat him 3-0

Cya

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:/ yeah 3-2, but definitely would have ended up 3-0, i'll be looking forward to a rematch some time when it deosn't all go to hell, maybe even in this tourney, it was a good match at first

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
:/ yeah 3-2, but probably would have ended up 3-0, i'll be looking forward to a rematch some time when it deosn't all go to hell, maybe even in this tourney, it was a good match at first
i didnt like that word, but meh, i dont want to start a fight, and you know that your white poke was dead, and the same with the last one, if you want we can enter with those pokes just for show you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)