How did you find Smogon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I don't care if anyone calls me a prick. You really ought to change that.
Dude, he's dutch. It's probably just his grammar.

When did you start playing Pokemon?
I started playing when I was 8..but stopped for a few years then played again.

How did you begin playing competitevely?
A couple of my brothers friends said I sucked with there crappy ubers...even though they never beat me. So anyways, I decided to IV Bred/EV Train..then found out about forums and started battling from there.

How did you find Smogon?
Google...'nuff said.

I first found out about this site through a fan-based Lego forum. After this place was briefly mentioned, we weren't allowed to talk about it anymore.

Advertising policies are extremely strict there.

How I got into Pokemon:

When I was about six or seven, and the first games came out, it was just the cool thing to do. It was a craze that was sweeping the nation (sounds lame, but it's true). The cards, the show, the game, I loved it all. Now I realized that the cards and show are gay but the game is still fun.

I remember on my Blue version where all you needed to do was level all Pokemon to level 100 and you would never take your starter out of your party. For example, mine was Blastoise and my moveset was Surf, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, and Strength. I played every generation of Pokemon since, and loved them all.

Now, I've learned about EVs, IVs, and all that good stuff and it's funner than ever. I've come a long way since Red and Blue, and I'm proud of that.

How I learned about Smogon:

I originally came from NSider, Nintendo's official forums, and loved D/P so much, that I decided to try out other forums. I now have accounts on Serebii, NSider, Marriland, and Smogon, my newest addition. Also, I heard Smogon has the best competetive battlers, and I think this is most certainly right. I've seen a few things here that I never even would have thought of, and I'm not exactly stupid. "I may be dumb but I'm not stupid." Or something like that. (BOSOX FTW!!!)

Anyways, as I said, I originally signed up at NSider, and I kept hearing references to a place called "Smogon" saying that they have the 1337 battlers and stuff like that. I googled Smogon, found it, signed up, and the rest is history. Pokemon history, that is.

How I first got into Pokemon?
7 years ago when I got Yellow, It was so addicting

When I entered competive Battling?
G/S/C Most of my friends were easy prey. Local tourney helped me a lot. I havent played competetive in ADV, but I plan to in D/P

How I got into Smogon?
Heard about it when playing NetBattle

It was quite some time ago, I remember it was Pkmn Red/blue

How I got into Smogon?
Link on bulbapedia/wikipedia some time ago, and only now I bothered registering.

i stomp on to this heavenly site from the wise guidance of my sagely friend. I have to say, this godly library has bath me with such ginormous amount of enlightenment, i'm near the level of a sage myself.

I started from the tcg's then the games an anime and so on.

I use too like battling with friends but i used the wrong moveset and didn't know nothing about IV's or EV's so gradually i learnt competive battling of this and other forums.

How I got into Smogon?
Another forum.

How I first got into pokemon?

I was 4 and I played the card game then the game.

When I entered competitive battling?

Other day.

How I got into Smogon?

Google.

How i first got into pokemon?

When i was like 5/6 my mum bought me red, and i played it pretty much non-stop.

When i entered competitive battling?

About 2 weeks ago.

How i found out about smogon?

Another forum.

Cousin got me Yellow for my birthday, I liked it, Meh.

Hmm... about 3 Months.

How I got into Smogon?

Friend.

It was Christmas Eve 11 years ago and I got a Red Version and a Gameboy Color. I was immediately hooked

First entered: summer 2002. First learned of OU metagame and training couterparts: May 2007

How I got into Smogon?

Through another member on another forum. I used this place as a reference for quite a few months until I was invited to join just recently.

I first joined the online communities through Serebii. I read the guides, joined their forums, and am still attending there.

I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old, I followed my mom to this meeting or something and I meet this boy there who was playing pokemon, so I asked to play and I liked it immediately then my sister bought the game and that's how it all started

First entered: When I got diamond the first day it came out, then I went on wifi and started battling people

How I got into Smogon?

found it off another site

I got Pokemon Yellow as a present

I haven't yet, I'm still learning.

How I got into Smogon?
Heard about it on Pokegym when they were talking about a banned site (Smogon doesn't meet some US child safety rule thing and can't be linked anymore). Banned stuff is usually good.

How I first started playing pokemon:
Well I was really young when I started playing the game in fact I still didn't know how to read (i was 4) my brothers and the T.V. helped me get into i.

How I started battling online/How I found out about Smogon:
my first competitive battles started that same year I entered a tourney for a chance to win a Pokemon stadium Game for the Nintendo 64 as well did my brothers there was no age groups then. sadly I lost in my 2nd match. My brother and some of my friends come here to look at move sets and stuff and I met some other people from smogon from JAA(I know last year.) Battle net really got me to play more online.

When I entered competitive Battling?
Only three times when I was 4, Bryant park Party of the decade, and the Gamestop tournament. not much now is it?

How I FIRST STARTED PLAYING POKEMON:

I was playing with pokemon cards when I was 5.Then when I was 7 my father bought me a purple gameboy color and my first EVER game,pokemon silver.I didn't get a GB color sooner because my mom said I would get dumb if I did.I didn't.After pokemon silver I got better at pokemon and started battling my friends and stuff.Then I went into homeschool ;_; and started playing YU-GI-OH! around 2003.After that I got pokemon saphire and Diamond.YU-GI-OH was fun but Pokemon will always be my favorite.
HOW I FOUND SMOGON:
I was on NSider one day(August 27)when I heard someone say Smogon.So I pmed them and asked them what it was,and voala! I'm here

1998 Christmas Season when I was in Middle School.

Diamond and Pearl (4th Generation) because many of my friends, although skilled, would do type coverage out the wazoo (myself included). Such an example would be a Blastoise with Hydro Pump, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam and Bite.

How I got into Smogon?
Was in /v/ on 4chan.org and some of the Pokemon crowd mentioned Smogon was the goto place for all things serious in Pokemon.

^ please tell me your username is from waking life
No, actually I didn't take it from anything other than how I live my own life.
I have an obsession with watching people to the point where I never interact with them, just observe them. I consider myself as a passive observer from my own personality.

What is "Walking Life?"

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Got Red and a GB colour on my 5th? Christmas.

When Pearl first came out, though I knew about EV's / IV's 3rd gen but wifi brought competitive battling to me.

How I got into Smogon?Got sick of the n00bs on another pokemon site. Hey I recognise quite a few people actually...

I was sick one morning and had to stay home, to busy puking to sleep in. Turned on the cartoons (I was like 8) and fell for the "to be continued bit". The game was the first video game I'd ever played, and I took to it quick. I never really battled much with R/B/Y or G/S/C because I was a bit to young to understand anything past "Mewtwo used pshychic!". About the time R/S was released I found gamfaqs and later serebii, thats when I started destroying everyone on my bus. To be fair, they were dumb.

I've been trying like mad to get wifi or to find a hotspot but no luck. In the meantime I still form teams and test them out on my cousins. I taught them everything I know and they are starting to really take off.

How I got into Smogon?

I heard that this is where all the great battlers come out and play, so of course I had to sign up.

HOW??

How i began playing pokemon:
me and my brother had gameboiy color and played it there lol. then he lost the games but we collected the cards. ((we didnt have those lame card battles, we just collected them, but then we got tired of them and gave our whole collection to the neighbors)) so a couple years later i got my SP and played saphirre, and this resulted in my love of the game. seriously, i would not stop playing. so then i heard about D/P coming out, so i brought myself a DS and brought D.

How i found out about Smogon:
another pokemon site really. im too addicted to the mass information online about pokes. This game has been quite fun

and as ernie said, new guys at GR, so im new here. i heard the trainers here are really good, i suck so maybe i can get some tips from you guys?

Q & A

Hi all. I'm Jenna...new here...

I've been playing on and off again since the original gb games wayyyy back in the day. Now I have Diamond and Pearl. It's really amazing how far the games have come. My husband got me rehooked recently, and that's when we went out and both bought DS Lites. I've been addicted since.

I haven't yet. I'm just passing the time trying to complete my pokedex at the moment.

How I got into Smogon?

My husband read about smogon on gamefaqs and told me about it. So here I am. ^_^

lol. I'm new here too... *waves until arm falls off...*

Well... I first got into pokemon like 4/5 years ago when I was 7 and... well... I got bored so I went online and found Pokemon! So I clickied there and found a Pikachu waving its middle finger at me a kool game - and thats why.

When I entered Competetive Battling?

Oh dear - Now I have to look back at my n00bish days 2 years ago... *faints* I'm hooked onto battling - but since my damn WiFi is broken - I will throw a doughnut.

How I heard about Smogon?

lol... wtf is a smogon? Ohh... :pirate: I heard it from a friend... btw you have the strangest taste in smilies... :toast: wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)