ORAS LC Hive

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion

I listened to "Hive" as i built the team​

There have been no lc teams in a month (splc) so i figured i would post one, it seems pretty safe as i wouldnt use this in splc (the day i actually battle in that will never come because my team likes winning) as i've used it a bunch in roomtours or whatever. It's bulky-offense ish, teamstyle labels are overrated, uses some weird sets. I like it because it checks the things that I hate while still providing offensive presence behind a stellar core in SnubullDoge. I dont remember how i built it so:

(Jay Rock)
Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 76 Hp / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Archen is good, it's obviously my Fletchling stop as well as performing other functions. Evio because SD Fletch is a threat, the spread for the obviously useful speed as well as bulk, and evio number in Def, and some attack. U-Turn flips me some easy momentum, Roost heals me after taking sundry attacks, leaving me still able to beat Fletch. Stone Edge is strong STAB, EQ beats chou + Mag + Pawn, other things too.

(Big L)
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Careful
Evs: 84 Hp / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off

Ferroseed is the official team fatmon, seriously this thing lives tons and has tremendous utility. Evio + big spread, reaches 22 / 18 / 18 meaning it's hard to take down. Stealth Rock is here instead of on Archen for the sole reason that you never have time to set up spikes; you always have a pressing thing to twave / attack, but rocks are useful enough to warrant the slot. Bullet Seed does damage multiple times, Twave slows things down for my stronger mons, and knock off is the great wallbreaker of LC.

(Zev Love X)
Houndour @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Hasty
Evs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
Dour forms half of the main core with Snubull, pursuits things (fuck abra ban it) that otherwise threaten balance, and opens up a space for Timburr to sweep. Evio > LO because i like taking special hits from Gastly / Abra on the switch and coming in to ruin days with pursuit + sucker. Hasty is evio doge's best nature, no matter what Naive advocates say Dour is never living a mach punch from anything and isn't pursuit-trapping many physical attackers. Spread for speed with special attacking might, some attack and the bump point for the evio number in Special Defense. Fire Blast is a hard move to come in on, Pursuit +Sucker is the dickish dark-move core. Toxic is weird here, but it adversely affects Chou, Spritzee (which is a demon), and Pony, all things my team doesnt entirely enjoy.

(Gibbs)
Snubull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 36 Hp / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Baby Faced Killer Snubull, specifically the eviothief lordset. Evio despite running Thief because you take at least a Knock Off per game from Foo or something, they see evio and are like "oh dope no thief" and get hammered by it. Intimidate helps check physical threats. Adamant and max Atk Evs because this is offense and Snubbull actually hammers, it can wear down checks after stealing Evios from them (Foongus and shit), the rest in defenses / hp for bulk. EQ bangs up Chinchous + Pawns or whatever, Play Rough. Thief is the attack which hammers a ton of things, steals items, everything hates it, catch gastly on a switch-in and you OHKO freeing Houndour to pressure things, then the team starts clicking. Twave slows things down.

(50)
Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
Nature: Careful
Evs: 76 Hp / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

I needed some way to actually win and this works well. Standard set with Evio and bulky spread, moves as well are typical. Slots into this team quite nicely - Abras, Gastly dont like my team much, therefore Timburr has a usually clear path. It serves as a Pawn check as well as revenging other things with Mach Punch. Guts absorbs status - take a rando burn and it could be curtains for the other team.

(Cam'ron)
Staryu @ EVIOLITE
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Evs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

I wanted something fast and strong to put on pressure, Staryu is all of those things.evio to add bulk, better drill switchin that way. Timid for speed, Cure to absorb obvious status (pony Will-o-Wisp? etc). Hydro because stronger, Rapid Spin for longevity of the team, Psychic for fighting-types and gastly. Recover picks up HP, obviously.

Overall i like this team a lot, it's pretty good, Fairy problems but that be normal.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-207808170 - spritz problems a bit here

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-205944937 - this was an older verison of the team but it still works

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-39994

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi Shrug, and welcome to LC :)

I understand that a lot of other players who are new to LC don't initially grasp this, but EVs in LC are different from in other tiers, because not every EV point gives a stat point. For example, you have 116 SpD EVs on Timburr, but this only gives the same number of points as 76 SpD EVs. With that being said, I think you should invest even more in SpD because Bulk Up only boosts your physical stats, leaving you vulnerable to special attacks. As such, I would like to suggest Timburr's EV spread be changed to 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD with a Careful nature. This spread allows Timburr to avoid the 2HKO from Eviolite Bellsprout's Solar Beam from full health and the OHKO from Focus Sash Abra's Psychic.

Another mechanics difference from other tiers that inexperienced users may not be aware of is that damage rounds upwards to the nearest HP point, meaning that when HP stats are as low as they are in LC, many attacks deal slightly more on average than they would in other tiers. This means that Staryu, if it is not holding an Eviolite, is quite frail, making Recover less useful when so many attacks can OHKO it. For this reason, I would like to suggest Rapid Spin over Recover, which is quite useful for Houndour in particular. Furthermore, even though it may not be very prevalent on the lower ladder, Pumpkaboo is considered a premier Spinblocker because it is able to wall most variants of Drilbur and Staryu, the two most common Rapid Spinners. However, Life Orb Staryu with Ice Beam is one of the few Rapid Spinners able to effectively get around Pumpkaboo, and Ice Beam also hits the Flying-types like Vullaby that you mentioned, so I think Ice Beam over Thunderbolt would be a solid change as well.

Don't fret over not having built a perfect team on your first try, because everybody has to start somewhere. Good luck!

:D

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Levi, thanks for the rate!

I went Evio + Recover + Spin on Staryu, 116 Hp / 156 Def / 236 Speed, with rapid spin over tbolt. Better drillbur switchin + offered more utility. Meant 156 SpD evs on timburr by the way, mistyped that, i think i'll go to your set though do i lose utility in switching into Pawn?

Corporal Levi said:
even though it may not be very prevalent on the lower ladder, Pumpkaboo is considered a premier Spinblocker
damn i never thought of Pump as a threat must be how bad i am i only wish there was a mon that resisted both STABs, had its superffective STAB boosted after getting hit by a will-o-wisp and fired back with a great wallbreaking move or a pursuit, if only

Shrug

LCPL Champion
Hi I made some changes to the team:

Archen now runs U-Turn over Knock Off - the ability to get certain mons on my team in for free proved more useful than Knock Off, which I never used.

Dour now runs Toxic, which seems weird. However, it usually brings in Chinchou and weakens it with Toxic (slowing harmful Volt-Turn), puts Pony on a timer (putting me at an advantage there with free switches to Staryu), and Spritzee (forcing it to Aroma, again opening up the team).

Switched Snub's, Timb's sets for more general utility.

This shit works; I don't think I've lost a high-level game with this team since the first round of changes, and I've won very few with any other team. It got me through a few rounds of the Lc Tour, and provided my win in my 2-1 defeat later in the tourney.

Overall, this team works very very well. The one slight issue I've encountered is an inability to break Spritzee. PJab Timburr makes me wary, as with Bulk Up it is the sole wincon on the team. Therefore, I've been considering Iron Head on Ferro over Bullet Seed. I might lose a spot of utility there, but it would indeed hurt Spritz rather effectively. Any other changes are welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)