GSC Team Without Snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, beginning to play Pokémon Crystal. Just curious, from all the reading and research I’ve done here, it seems Snorlax is generally considered king. However, I’m curious how someone would set up a team if the big lug wasn’t an option in O/U?! Which Pokémon get a boost? Which ones take a hit?

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
Hi Dr.Love, welcome to the GSC forum.

To answer your question, Snorlax is almost mandatory on every competitive GSC team. There is simply no good reason not to use it most of the time. However you can still build competent teams without Snorlax such as this one. The novelty of building without Snorlax can be quite fun, but Snorlax-less teams are generally limited to stall or baton pass archetypes. Snorlax is simply too efficient to not include on offense teams.

If Snorlax was banned from GSC OU most special attackers would receive a boost, especially Raikou and Zapdos. Without Snorlax, designated normal resists like Skarmory, Golem, Tyranitar, and Steelix would take a hit. Some physical attackers like Heracross may also benefit from reduced Skarmory usage. Explosion may also become a more potent tool with fewer normal resists being used. However, this meta is generally seen as undesirable since your only checks to special attackers are themselves special attackers. This tends to make many games devolve into special wall stall wars.

Part of our forum rules is to avoid posting threads asking simple questions, so I will be locking this thread moving forward. I encourage you to ask any future questions you have in the SQSA thread or in our GSC Discord server.

Please feel free to reach out to myself or the GSC moderation team if you have any questions about the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)