Fixmons (now you can reserve Pokemon like in pumpkaboo'd)

Approved by Hollywood
Woo first metagame now part of the club well anyways...
Welcome to Fixmons
This metagame is rather similar to that of brokemons in terms of making a balanced metagame by altering pokemon. However in this meta we nerf a majority of the pokemon, keep some the same, and buff a handful of really bad pokemon eg corsola, luvdisc, and farfetch'd. The goal is to make every pokemon viable in nu and by viable I mean approximately b+ through s rank viable.

The current fixmons council(subject to change) is:
Ranger Mike
simsims2800
Jaguar360
The Reptile
Arhops
Pikachuun
Uselesscrab
Adrian Marin
Monte Cristo
jrm115
The role of the council is not to single handedly fix every polemons just to make sure all your suggestions are not making a pokemon too good or bad for nu. In the end all of your suggestions will be heard.

Here is an example of nerfing a pokemon:
Talonflame 70/77/60/65/60/101
-Brave bird

This takes away one of the main reasons that talonflame is so good, yet still makes it viable over fletchinder who does not have flare blitz. Talonflame does not hit hard without a swords dance/bulk up boost as unless you want to rely on aerial ace, itemless acrobatics is your best friend.

And a buff:
Farfetchd Fighting/Flying
75/95/75/25/85/99
+Sniper(replaces keen eye)
+Cross Chop

Of course we will have to go through the entire fully evolved pokedex along with a few not fully evolved pokemon such as gligar and chansey.The current viable nu pokemon will stay the same for the most part some may get a slight buff. (The above buffs and nerfs are not official just examples) As of now no pokemon are fixed and I would love for you guys to help me with this project. Thanks guys hope you enjoy this :) Also imo code this when it's done!

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Question - How are we going to deal with Mega Pokemon? Are we going through the brokemons way of just ignoring it? Personally, I think it would be interesting if we kept the Mega Pokemon, but made it a +70 boost to BST instead of +100, but not sure what we want to do.

Question - How are we going to deal with Mega Pokemon? Are we going through the brokemons way of just ignoring it? Personally, I think it would be interesting if we kept the Mega Pokemon, but made it a +70 boost to BST instead of +100, but not sure what we want to do.
That is exactly what we need to begin with because, as we all know venusaur has a mega form. I agree with you on changing them, the question is do we make the regular form bad to the point of not using the regular forme, but in cases like gyarados or alakazam where the mega form is about equally viable as the non mega form your pretty much required to use the mega form. Very hard decision to make what direction do you guys think we should go with megas?

canno

formerly The Reptile
perhaps don't give megas as big/maybe any BST boosts, but give them a different ability, perhaps to strengthen the role they have, or maybe give it a new role.
Maybe a +50 BST boost? I definitely agree with new abilities though, especially those that give them new roles.

That is exactly what we need to begin with because, as we all know venusaur has a mega form. I agree with you on changing them, the question is do we make the regular form bad to the point of not using the regular forme, but in cases like gyarados or alakazam where the mega form is about equally viable as the non mega form your pretty much required to use the mega form. Very hard decision to make what direction do you guys think we should go with megas?
I think the better way to go with this is to make the base form not completely useless but usable, while the mega has a different role. Obviously with some we should just make them better version (i.e. Charizard, maybe Venusaur, Mawile, ect.)

I agree with the +50 boost so that we can just halve every stat boost that the Megas get. For instance if Venusaur's spread was this:
70/72/73/90/90/70
then Mega Venusaur would be this:
70/81(+9)/93(+20)/101(+11)/100(+10)/70
The stat increase does seem rather underwhelming though, but we'll figure something out.

if that was talon god knows how do you we deal with greninja and aegislash these 3 guys are so common on ou

Balancemons sounds like a good name for this meta. Hopefully the name isn't taken.
Technically it's not taken, but it is basically the same as my under-development mod Project Balanced Metagame, which was announced a fair few months ago (been posting about it in the pet mods general thread). So yeah, I'd really prefer it if it isn't called that.

Granted, unlike PBM this thread is focusing on nerfing to NU standards rather than buffing to OU standards. So I guess a name like NUmons would make sense, though Fixmons works too.

No offense, but that's a big council btw. O_O]

Nerfing Venusaur?
- 10 hp,defense, and special defense
wut

Seriously, maybe Mega Venusaur could have 'Heavy Metal' that doubles it's weight instead of Thick Fat, or maybe Grass Pelt.
It is pretty big... wynaut?

No offense, but that's a big council btw. O_O]

wut

Seriously, maybe Mega Venusaur could have 'Heavy Metal' that doubles it's weight instead of Thick Fat, or maybe Grass Pelt.
It is pretty big... wynaut?
First of all yeah its a big council we like a lot of opinions :P second of all nerfing a pokemon by making it's ability useless is probably not the best way to go. If we gave venusaur something like dry skin it could be interesting because it gives it a niche but then again really deters people from using it by alot. Interesting idea though.

This project seems like it'll take a lot of work. Could we go about it in the "Megas for All" format by reserving Pokemon? If so, I'll take Unown, Azumarill, and Kyogre. As for Megas, I like the +50 BST idea

This project seems like it'll take a lot of work. Could we go about it in the "Megas for All" format by reserving Pokemon? If so, I'll take Unown, Azumarill, and Kyogre. As for Megas, I like the +50 BST idea
We are not doing this in a megas for all format because although it will be a long process, I feel that breaking each pokemon individually will lead to a whole quantity over quality mindset, that and the fact that imo and no offense anyone who thinks otherwise; Megas for All is very poorly run. (it's also taking away from pet mods like this one, brokemons, etc.)

We are not doing this in a megas for all format because although it will be a long process, I feel that breaking each pokemon individually will lead to a whole quantity over quality mindset, that and the fact that imo and no offense anyone who thinks otherwise; Megas for All is very poorly run. (it's also taking away from pet mods like this one, brokemons, etc.)
Fair enough. But how long will it take to make a decent number of Pokemon all within the S->B+ range of NU viability? We'd need to have quick discussions.

Fair enough. But how long will it take to make a decent number of Pokemon all within the S->B+ range of NU viability? We'd need to have quick discussions.
Well I kinda dropped the ball by not making some before I posted the thread but in my defense people like simsims2800 broke more pokemon than us in brokemons. The discussions should be swift, like a day or two long but these first three will be very crucial.

I feel like Pet Mods are rinse and repeat, just the same ideas rewritten a few times. I know I'm being a hypocrit here, considering mine was essentially that, but I think they should all have an end goal. For an example, I'm trying to create Gen7. Also, this is a reversed "Make Every Pokemon OU Viable".

Last edited:
I feel like Pet Mods are rinse and repeat, just the same ideas rewritten a few times. I know I'm being a hypocrit here, considering mine was essentially that, but I think they should all have an end goal. For an example, I'm trying to create Gen7. Also, this is a reversed "Make Every Pokemon OU Viable".
Ok first this is not in any way, shape, or sort benefitting the discussion. Second your just using this as a port for people to see that you also have a pet mod. Is if not clear what the end goal is??? Once again you are just telling people to check out your pet mod. Finally, "this is a reverse make every pokemon ou viable." No shit einstein read the op and the consent of the creator of PBM.
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire update coming soon guys, watch out for it. New megas, new forms, and the long awaited OP edit are here in a few days. :)
GET OUT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)